Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

I'm madsad and I have good reasons for it - Let NOT talk about CVs

16 comments in this topic

4,225 posts
8,070 battles

DISCLAIMER: This thread is for WarGaming.

So, there is this thing in the game called "the lack of German free xp/Arsenal ship". And it makes me madsad.

This thread only concerns ships that are available with the following "currencies": free xp, Coal and Steel.

There are these facts:

+ There are 7 free xp/Arsenal US ships: Missouri (free xp, unavailable), Salem (Coal), Flint (Ranked Reward to Steel), Black (Ranked Reward to Steel), Charleston (Coal) and Alaska (free xp, incoming) and Georgia (incoming). The "Soon" ship in the Arsenal greatly resembles Wichita, and would be available for Steel, which would make it 8 US free xp/Arsenal ships.
5 if you only count the ones added after Arsenal. 4/8 are currently available.

+ There are 4 free xp/Arsenal Japanese ships: Musashi (free xp/Coal, unavailable), Yubari (Doubloon to Coal), Azuma (free xp, incoming) and Yoshino (Coal, incoming).
3 if you only count the ones added after Arsenal. 1/4 are currently available.

+ There are 4 free xp/Arsenal Russian ships: Kronstadt (free xp/Coal, unavailable), Stalingrad (Steel), Octoberwhatever (Doubloon to Coal) and Neutralshiny (Steel, incoming),
3 if you only count the ones added after Arsenal. 2/4 are currently available.

+ There are 3 free xp/Arsenal French ships: Aigle (Doubloon to Coal), Jean Bart (Coal) and Bourgogne (Steel).
2 if you only count the ones added after Arsenal. All 3 are currently available.

+ There is 2 free xp/Arsenal UK ships: Campeltown (Doubloon to Coal) and Nelson (free xp).
1 if you only count the ones added after Arsenal. All 2 are currently available.

+ The USN and IJN are the 2 first nations to be in the game. So it makes sense for them to have many ships available through any method.

+ The German and Russian are the 2 next nations to have a tech line available publicly in the game. Their first lines were German cruiser line and Russian DD line. Both are available for research in Patch 0.5.0.3, and the game was released as Patch 0.5.0.

+ The RN and the French were the 5th and 6th nations to have a tech line available publicly in the game. First RN line was available in 0.5.13 and first French line available was in 0.6.4.
And Alsace was nerfed shortly before the reveal of Bourgogne.

Despite being available in the game with a full tech line(s) a full year before the first RN line, and a year and a half before the first French line, Germany has no free xp/Arsenal ship.

Isn't it kinda unfair?

Make an FdG clone with 420 mm only, no Hydro and better concealment. T9 free xp. Laid down-only ships so leeway is ultra-wide.

Make a Hipper clone with 12s main guns, Heal and 10,5 km torps. Name her Blücher (somewhat memeish). T9 Coal. Uptiering to make prems is what JB and Bourg went through.

Make Type 1945 zerstörer. T10 Coal. Should have been the T10 of the DD line.

Want Steel ships? Z-46 with Heal and 12km torps.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 5

[CLAY]
2,294 posts
11,067 battles

The thing I like about you  Paladinum? You’re consistent with your core values, which you also display prominently.

Never been a huge fan of the T9 &10 FXP/steel/coal ships. Yes, I like the fact that you have to earn them, you can’t just buy them, but I don’t  don’t think you should have ANY premium type ships at T9 & 10.

...Of course, I already own Missouri, Musashi and Kronstadt So...

Anyway, to the topic. I agree. German ships need love in the form of a shiny height tier FXP ship. T6 ships like the P.E.F don’t cut it.

And while they are at it, more axis only operations.

• Cool 1

4,225 posts
8,070 battles
29 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The thing I like about you  Paladinum? You’re consistent with your core values, which you also display prominently.

Never been a huge fan of the T9 &10 FXP/steel/coal ships. Yes, I like the fact that you have to earn them, you can’t just buy them, but I don’t  don’t think you should have ANY premium type ships at T9 & 10.

...Of course, I already own Missouri, Musashi and Kronstadt So...

Anyway, to the topic. I agree. German ships need love in the form of a shiny height tier FXP ship. T6 ships like the P.E.F don’t cut it.

And while they are at it, more axis only operations.

First of all, many thanks, captain.

Even copypasta ships would be nice and satisfying for a while. There are reasons why I like German ships over other nation's ships in the game. Even if politics is in the way, copypasta ships will be a good temporary solution when there is no way no player wants a German T9 prem (there's me, at least).

There is little to no love for the Axis, except Japan for whatever reason (weebs?), but they are in the "no exclusive Op" club too. Japan has 5 lines, German has 3, Italy has a (half) line of premiums (lol).

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,510 posts
19,146 battles

Hmm. Time to play HoI4 again. As Germany and/or Japan. And the obilerate the soviets first.

4,225 posts
8,070 battles
1 hour ago, Groove_Champion said:

What about a free xp/ coal/ steel/ dabloons German... C V !

Hahaha... ahem. Or maybe there will be a nice -Naz- I mean, German U-Boat for earning or buying soon?

No

[HMAS_]
2,072 posts
14,797 battles

I'd rather see the Dutch battlecruiser that Germany designed for Holland, it was sorta like the Scharnorst class, but more of a battlecruiser than a battleship.... Iirc it was for the dutch colonies....

That could be good as a premium, like for coal....

Or they can do the Sachen class battleship (Sachen, Wutternberg) , which were improved Bayern class, (launched & partially fitted out but never completed)... They would be good for coal, maybe at T7 if they had good sigma....

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

4,225 posts
8,070 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

I'd rather see the Dutch battlecruiser that Germany designed for Holland, it was sorta like the Scharnorst class, but more of a battlecruiser than a battleship.... Iirc it was for the dutch colonies....

That could be good as a premium, like for coal....

Most likely being a Pan-EU ship... I've "datamined" that the Viribus Unitis will be a Pan-EU ship.

1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

Or they can do the Sachen class battleship (Sachen, Wutternberg) , which were improved Bayern class, (launched & partially fitted out but never completed)... They would be good for coal, maybe at T7 if they had good sigma....

24s reload (historical), 1.9 sigma :Smile_trollface:

Otherwise a Tirpitz with 4x3 283 mm guns at T9 would suffice it :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Paladinum

4,225 posts
8,070 battles
5 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Where is that seriously FXP special DD and CL ... or CV

No CVs for now, please...

[ULAG]
909 posts
9,784 battles

As you brought up the "nation discrimination" thing, can I take a moment to address the nation restriction in Scenarios pls?:Smile_child:

It really sucks to have Operations that require you to play specific nation of ships("Allied" or "Axis").  I have no issue with tier restriction or ship type restriction but why does there have to be restrictions in the countries I choose? :Smile_sad: Often times I want to play a specific scenario but can't because most scenarios I think, are for Allied only.... this is a clear discrimination and needs addressing IMO. Either WG should remove that restriction or introduce similar scenarios for the other nation type.

Edited by _TAMAL_

4,225 posts
8,070 battles
18 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

As you brought up the "nation discrimination" thing, can I take a moment to address the nation restriction in Scenarios pls?:Smile_child:

It really sucks to have Operations that require you to play specific nation of ships("Allied" or "Axis").  I have no issue with tier restriction or ship type restriction but why does there have to be restrictions in the countries I choose? :Smile_sad: Often times I want to play a specific scenario but can't because most scenarios I think, are for Allied only.... this is a clear discrimination and needs addressing IMO. Either WG should remove that restriction or introduce similar scenarios for the other nation type.

Post a thread like this one, but about unfair nation restrictions in some Ops :Smile_hiding: Just copy the title of this thread :cap_like:

[LBAS]
4,283 posts
9,924 battles

Germans were turtleback though cost for sigma value below 1.8 
Even PEF sigma 2.0 spread like shit Schanhorst going to dark

[ULAG]
909 posts
9,784 battles
14 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Post a thread like this one, but about unfair nation restrictions in some Ops :Smile_hiding: Just copy the title of this thread :cap_like:

Did I mention I'm lazy af ? :Smile_child:

4,225 posts
8,070 battles
Just now, _TAMAL_ said:

Did I mention I'm lazy af ? :Smile_child:

All you have to do is copy-pasta what Grygus_Triss and I posted :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this