Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Corsair_Zero

IJN CV is broken

12 comments in this topic

17 posts

shot-19_02.22_08_52.13-0647.thumb.jpg.474722703e32a05cf784e68cfa714285.jpg

After the 8.0.3, the IJN CV became more broken.. it's hard to get at least 50k to 100k damage, specialy if I get uptiered,,
if I want to ask WG to add little buff to the IJN CV, will they hear it??
Remembering that IJN plane have Paper plane, at least give more strike plane to TB. instead 2 plane per attack they'll go 3 plane per attack, because I think what's the point I have a concealment, fast and high damage torp if my plane hard or even can't land a single torp to the enemy.. Also if it's doesn't work, pls buff at least the fire chance on Attack Aircraft, or change the AP bomb to HE bomb..

and the last, If you think the IJN CV is too OP, nerf that OP thing, Just That Thing.. 
don't change everything on the line.. that will make lower tier CV suffer for no reason..

• Boring 1

[H_F]
[H_F]
45 posts
2,505 battles

Agree i stopped playing ijn cvs after testing them after 8.0.2 felt really bad and ya ap bomber are op they should change it to he or nerf the cit damage or reduce the chance 

Edited by NAZRUL_2016

Alpha Tester
1,142 posts
4,342 battles

I got Hakuryu and I stopped playing it at 0802.

The torpedo bombers just got nerfed way too much, I got 11 torpedo hits to BBs and only 30k dmg, with the average strike doing 4k dmg.

Now my beloved rocket planes can't even hunt DDs efficiently. I had to send 3 strike waves out to kill a Shimakaze who had 3k HP.

I can still play lower tier CV's, the secret is to keep them stock, do not upgrade planes or ship and you will see less +2mm.

• Funny 1

[HKENL]
311 posts
11,444 battles
On 2/24/2019 at 9:17 PM, Corsair_Zero said:

shot-19_02.22_08_52.13-0647.thumb.jpg.474722703e32a05cf784e68cfa714285.jpg

After the 8.0.3, the IJN CV became more broken.. it's hard to get at least 50k to 100k damage, specialy if I get uptiered,,
if I want to ask WG to add little buff to the IJN CV, will they hear it??
Remembering that IJN plane have Paper plane, at least give more strike plane to TB. instead 2 plane per attack they'll go 3 plane per attack, because I think what's the point I have a concealment, fast and high damage torp if my plane hard or even can't land a single torp to the enemy.. Also if it's doesn't work, pls buff at least the fire chance on Attack Aircraft, or change the AP bomb to HE bomb..

and the last, If you think the IJN CV is too OP, nerf that OP thing, Just That Thing.. 
don't change everything on the line.. that will make lower tier CV suffer for no reason..

maybe ijn cv nerf too much. 

I notice more people plays midway instead of hakuryu

[151ST]
1,904 posts
8,821 battles

I was reading on Reddit, IJN CV captains are saying APDB builds...

I'm still waiting for everything to settle down to play CVs again so I can't speak from experience...

Alpha Tester
1,142 posts
4,342 battles

I am playing Ranger currently under new patch 0803, and the spotting nerf is ridiculous.

I try to hunt enemy ryujo, weak easy tier 6 japanese CV, and now can't spot it with my planes until planes are already taking AA fire.

All planes are now lost before you can get to attack it. Unless you want to fly around in circles for a few minutes out of range waiting for their auto fighters to disappear.

CV Captains really don't have the luxury of spare time I find.

[151ST]
1,904 posts
8,821 battles
9 hours ago, Corsair_Zero said:

what kind of commander skills build is that??

Sorry wouldn't know, as I said I don't speak from first hand knowledge...

I do know it requires knowledge of which ships to drop from higher and which to drop lower based on deck/top citadel armour

[MRI]
3,066 posts
14,028 battles

There are no commander skills which buff AP DBs specifically. I think they are referring to the ship upgrades and/or not taking the TA skill. 

Imo the problem with AP DBs is their inconsistency. You can get lots of good citadel damage, but only if the target is stationary or sailing in a straight line. Any sort of wasding by the target greatly reduces your effectiveness, and that is on top of RNG not deciding to screw with you already.

The USN's HE DBs are far better imo. They do good damage per hit, have a high chance of starting fires and they don't care about bounces or overpens. And they can be used against DDs to boot.

Sign in to follow this