Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Numpty

How I know Carriers have stuffed the game.

8 comments in this topic

[88AD]
21 posts
5,038 battles

Hi Everyone,

So I've been playing a reasonable amount since they released the new mechanic and whilst initially I ranted and raged and generally took the mickey out of the carriers because they were so obviously OP, I wasn't really worried as it could be easily fixed in a patch, but now after a number of weeks with the patch out that was supposed to fix them, I'm afraid that they are not fixed and they have still taken the fun out of the game for BB's and DD's. Here's how I know why:

1.Problem: The first 3/4 kills in the game are almost always 50% or more killed by carriers. This is when ships are closest together, healthiest and generally should be most capable of shooting down enemy squadrons and yet the CV's are still topping the early game kill sheet and that's not even including how much damage they've done that doesn't get a kill.

1 Solution: So how do you fix this? Fundamentally I believe there are still significant issues with the mechanics but I understand that Wargaming won't want to make significant changes. So how about putting a cool down timer on the CV's for their first wave of planes that means they can't launch for a minute? Too be honest I don't think that this would really help, but it might allow the forces to at least make some strategic moves prior to being spotted.

2. Problem: DD's get spotted too easily and whilst the planes don't do a lot of damage, they become cannon fodder for CA's in the area. This means there is no way for a DD to make a sneaky move to flank the enemy. 

2. Solution: I believe drastically reducing the spotting range of planes would solve this. Make the carrier player work a lot harder to spot ships. This doesn't make any sense in terms of immersion but it would solve a large part of this problem.

3. Problem: BB's cannot possibly avoid both waves of planes attacking them. I've been in a couple of T10 BB's and whilst I can generally avoid the first wave that attacks, if the CV player is half decent, there is no way to avoid the 2nd wave. The other disadvantage here is that you are way off course by the time you've made the evasive manoeuvres so it takes ages to get back to where you were going.

3. Solution: Just make 1 wave of planes. I really don't understand the logic behind 2 waves of planes attacking. 

Ultimately both the DD and BB gameplay have seriously suffered on the fun scale since the new CV gameplay. I understand its a work in progress but WG really needs to put some effort into the solutions here because its just frustrating.

Thanks.

[KAMI]
1,356 posts
11,729 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Numpty said:

BB's cannot possibly avoid both waves of planes attacking them. I've been in a couple of T10 BB's and whilst I can generally avoid the first wave that attacks, if the CV player is half decent, there is no way to avoid the 2nd wave.

You surely can eat some of those torpedos right ?

They dont hit as hard as surface ship torpedos anyway

[MRI]
3,048 posts
14,001 battles
54 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

You surely can eat some of those torpedos right ?

They dont hit as hard as surface ship torpedos anyway

Not to mention they have greatly reduced flooding chance compared to ship torpedoes.

And with the upcoming nerf to flooding damage, CV torpedos will be nowhere near as effective as they were before.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,496 posts
19,113 battles
19 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Not to mention they have greatly reduced flooding chance compared to ship torpedoes.

And with the upcoming nerf to flooding damage, CV torpedos will be nowhere near as effective as they were before.

You do realize the main beneficiaries of the flooding nerf? 

4,205 posts
8,059 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

You do realize the main beneficiaries of the flooding nerf? 

BBabies?

Gosh, I'm so anti-BB right now LOL

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,496 posts
19,113 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

BBabies?

Well, it's kinda glaringly obvious. And a certain subset coming up.

[CLAY]
2,288 posts
11,033 battles
47 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

BBabies?

You? Mr Cruiser main, Anti-BB?

Absurd.

• Cool 1

4,205 posts
8,059 battles
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

You? Mr Cruiser main, Anti-BB?

Absurd.

Dear RNGesus he learnt some sarcasm :fish_cute_2:

Right now I'm more anti-BB than usual.

Dear OP, sorry for the thread hijacking. I'm out!

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this