Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grygus_Triss

Grygus's Grind (Previously "What to Grind Next...")

30 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
2,291 posts
11,061 battles

Ok, I currently have at least T6 in all lines*, and have used all my credits and port slots buying the next ships in the line.

So, to date these are my highest ships in all* unfinished lines.

• Mahan
  • Colorado
  • Seattle
  • Gnevny
  • Shchors
  • Maass
  • Yorck
  • Friederich Der Große
  • King George V
  • Lightning
  • Edinburgh
  • Gadjah Mada
  • Algérie
  • Alsace

So.... My question is, What ship should I focus on next? Should I start work on my T9s to get to T10? or just work continue going slowly up all the tiers at the same time?

Granted, as I like ops, I will probably finish grinding my 1 T6, but then I may focus on my T7s when the next T7 op starts.

*Excluding aircraft carriers, I am ignoring them for now.

SEE POST DATED MARCH 15th 2020 FOR MOST RECENT UPDATE

Edited by Grygus_Triss
Remember to check Post Dates

401 posts
3,047 battles

As MatterCore suggested, Mid tiers can wait, focus on top tiers.  Im currently grinding two lines, USN: im at New Mex right now but I have no intention of getting Iowa as for KM, FDG has been a chore but I guess GK is a worthy prize for all the effort 😛

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,291 posts
11,061 battles

Ok, update: I have now finished the grind on all the above ships. Did the T9's first, then the T7's mostly in Narai, then the T8s.

Now, the ships below are the next in line. Still deciding what to do. Not really asking for suggestions, as most of you will just say play what I want.

• North Carolina
  • Benson
  • Vladivostok
  • Chapayev
  • Kiev
  • Ognevoi
  • Hipper
  • Z-23
  • Monarch
  • Neptune
  • Jutland
  • Charles Martel
  • Hsienyang

Having just finished Edinburgh tonight, makes sense to continue with Neptune, with T9 ranked coming up, I could use that to grind her. Why yes, I see ranked as a nice place to grind ships, fewer things shooting at me, don't get up tiered, T9 so no CVs. Don't get me wrong, I do try to win, but I don't really optimise and use the most effective ship, skills, etc... You're unlikely to see me beyond T10 though, that's usually where my skill peters out.

If I intend to use ranked for grinding, Jutland could also be useful, as CLs don't come off too good in the ranked meta of BBs.

Will take me longer to do these ones, so I will not buy them all outright. As I have to play them all in random, I'll probably leave DDs till last.

And at some point the French DDs will arrive, so I'll probably spend some time on those. Despite finishing 3 lines, there are still 13 lines left, even though last time there were 14 ships... RU DD line split and RU BB introduction, right...

Thankfully I'm not including CVs in this.

401 posts
3,047 battles

USN BBs feel somewhat underwhelming right now but if you're up for a challenge, then grind for Iowa, its the most fun I had in the USN BB line. Though Montana would be a poor choice in the current meta. 

I'm currently grinding the RN DD (Lightning) and IJN BB line.  Fuso has been bugging me lately with its terrible accuracy and overpen, any tips on upgrades or skills I should invest in to make it work? 

[-KOPI]
136 posts
6,824 battles
On 2/22/2019 at 9:15 PM, Grygus_Triss said:

Ok, I currently have at least T6 in all lines*, and have used all my credits and port slots buying the next ships in the line.

So, to date these are my highest ships in all* unfinished lines.

• Mahan
  • Colorado
  • Seattle
  • Gnevny
  • Shchors
  • Maass
  • Yorck
  • Friederich Der Große
  • King George V
  • Lightning
  • Edinburgh
  • Gadjah Mada
  • Algérie
  • Alsace

So.... My question is, What ship should I focus on next? Should I start work on my T9s to get to T10? or just work continue going slowly up all the tiers at the same time?

Granted, as I like ops, I will probably finish grinding my 1 T6, but then I may focus on my T7s when the next T7 op starts.

*Excluding aircraft carriers, I am ignoring them for now.

What is your main Class?

As if you are a BB player: go for Grosser Kürfust or République.

As if you are a CA player: go for Henri IV.

As if you are CL player: go for Worcester.

As if you are a Torpboat DD player: go for Z-52

As if you are a Gunboat DD player: go for Gearing.

Summarizing all the suggestions above: go have some tier X ships as your "badge" of achievement.

Having tier 10 in the port is something to proud of. Looking at them, circling the camera, etc etc are a unique satisfaction. Can you imagine how hard you struggling to obtain it.

I collects tier X ships that I like, invest a permanent camou on her, grind a 19 skills captain on her, and finish the legendary quest. At the end, I sit and adoring the ship at the Port. It is feels so good when you rest and enjoying your hardwork beautifully docking at the Port.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[CLAY]
2,291 posts
11,061 battles
13 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

What is your main Class?

As if you are a BB player: go for Grosser Kürfust or République.

As if you are a CA player: go for Henri IV.

As if you are CL player: go for Worcester.

As if you are a Torpboat DD player: go for Z-52

As if you are a Gunboat DD player: go for Gearing.

Summarizing all the suggestions above: go have some tier X ships as your "badge" of achievement.

Having tier 10 in the port is something to proud of. Looking at them, circling the camera, etc etc are a unique satisfaction. Can you imagine how hard you struggling to obtain it.

I collects tier X ships that I like, invest a permanent camou on her, grind a 19 skills captain on her, and finish the legendary quest. At the end, I sit and adoring the ship at the Port. It is feels so good when you rest and enjoying your hardwork beautifully docking at the Port.

Already got the GK, Repub and Wooster since I first posted this topic in February, see comment dated today to see what current ships I’m up to.

I’ve come to the realisation that this thread is less about asking what to grind next, and more about saying “look where I’m up to, look what ships I have”. Ok... it was always about that, I’m now just admitting it.

In case it wasn’t clear in the above comments, I already have a number of T10s, basically, every tech tree line which isn’t listed, I already have the T10 on (except CVs). As of now, my T10s include:

• Yamato 
  • Zao
  • Shimakaze
  • Harugumo
  • Des Moines
  • Worcester
  • Großer Kurfürst
  • Republique (unlocked but not purchased)

As far as “what do I main?” I am a multi nation Jack of all Ships.

My current long term goal is to unlock every T10, I currently enjoy working towards that goal regardless of whether I actually make it or not.

To this end, I have not really played any of my most recent T10s, preferring to unlock, then move on to the next line.

Some of you may think this is insanity, what is the point in unlocking a T10 if you do not intend to play it? To you, I say, refer to paragraph 2nd up from this one.

Of course, Yamato, being my first T10, already has the legendary module, 19 pt captain, and premium camo, and looks beautiful in port.

Im just now trying to unlock all the other T10s...

213 posts
9,985 battles

You havn't lived until you've played the mayhem that is Minotaur.

And your journey is not complete until you've suffered the neurosis of Neptune.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
3,499 posts
19,125 battles

Grind Mino. You will have fun considering that T10 ships you already have, ie. the ships that fit you. Next I would suggest Gearing/Montana in that order. Your order of grinding lines is practically similar to what I have done.

Right now I am left stuck with what I consider the "terrible to grind" lines: Soviet DD, German DD. German CA was terrible to reach Hinden giving the performance of Hipper and making her work. I think I should work on Montana, for a long time left undone because Mo is a good substitute for Iowa.

• Cool 2

[MRI]
3,060 posts
14,010 battles
On 7/21/2019 at 11:13 PM, Grygus_Triss said:

Now, the ships below are the next in line. Still deciding what to do. Not really asking for suggestions, as most of you will just say play what I want.

Take advantage of the current lull in CVs to grind up your DDs. Z-23, Jutland, Hsienyang, etc.

14 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

To this end, I have not really played any of my most recent T10s, preferring to unlock, then move on to the next line.

High five!

For my grinds I have nearly completed most of them. Gritted my teeth through 0.8.5 AA to grind out the last few games needed to move from Implacable to Audacious. No intention of grinding out her modules right now.

As for my other incomplete lines:

French cruisers - Saint Louis

IJN DD sub-branch - Kitakaze

Both Russian DD branches - Tashkent and Udaloi

German DD - Z-23 (nearing completion)

British DDs - Lightning

Russian BBs - Gangut

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Modder
6,168 posts
37,380 battles
18 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

As for my other incomplete lines:

French cruisers - Saint Louis

IJN DD sub-branch - Kitakaze

Both Russian DD branches - Tashkent and Udaloi

German DD - Z-23 (nearing completion)

British DDs - Lightning

Russian BBs - Gangut

battleships mainly

[TF44]
[TF44]
233 posts
16,895 battles

Congratulations Grygus,

That is an impressive amount of grinding in 5 months. Well Played 😊

I have managed to lift 3 ships to T10 so I am well behind the eight ball. ☹️

Get yourself a Gearing. It will be especially fun if it gets the torpedo buff talked about for Update 0.8.6. The Minotaur is very entertaining.

GLHF

[CLAY]
2,291 posts
11,061 battles

Ok, after eight months I’ve completed the previous goals.

To keep track of where I am, here’s a handy chart:

2046343512_LineStatus15-03-20.thumb.PNG.f188ca709b7b80c0547c549038199646.PNG

Of course, in that time there have been 3 new lines (not including the Europe DDs), but I think I’m catching up. In any case, the new lines are “non-priority” lines, which means I’m ignoring them for now, just like CVs.

Now it’s time for the T9 grind

• Iowa
  •  Fletcher
  • Sovetsky Soyuz
  • Tashkent
  • Udaloi
  • Roon
  • Z-46
  • Lion
  • Saint Louis
  • Chung Mu

I’ve renamed the thread because it’s more about me showing off how insane I am then asking for advice.

Feel free to give suggestions anyway, or laugh at my foolishness, or lament that I’m going to grind ships not worth it etc.…

[REPOI]
5,832 posts
24,295 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Ok, after eight months I’ve completed the previous goals.

To keep track of where I am, here’s a handy chart:

2046343512_LineStatus15-03-20.thumb.PNG.f188ca709b7b80c0547c549038199646.PNG

Of course, in that time there have been 3 new lines (not including the Europe DDs), but I think I’m catching up. In any case, the new lines are “non-priority” lines, which means I’m ignoring them for now, just like CVs.

Now it’s time for the T9 grind

• Iowa
  •  Fletcher
  • Sovetsky Soyuz
  • Tashkent
  • Udaloi
  • Roon
  • Z-46
  • Lion
  • Saint Louis
  • Chung Mu

I’ve renamed the thread because it’s more about me showing off how insane I am then asking for advice.

Feel free to give suggestions anyway, or laugh at my foolishness, or lament that I’m going to grind ships not worth it etc.…

italian CAs, if you ever wondered what it would feel like to play a T11 ship, then you should get ven

amalfi is solid for the tier

brindisi is one of the best T9s 
ven is the best T10 damage dealing CA in game now

[TLS]
3,499 posts
19,125 battles

one of your bbs. Kremlin, iowa, conq in that order.

edit: I recant. Hindenberg first.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,267 posts
15,900 battles
4 hours ago, IDS_ABUSE_REASON_TKILL said:

italian CAs, if you ever wondered what it would feel like to play a T11 ship, then you should get ven

amalfi is solid for the tier

brindisi is one of the best T9s 
ven is the best T10 damage dealing CA in game now

Tomatmo fox girl has many names.

[151ST]
1,896 posts
8,811 battles
44 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

one of your bbs. Kremlin, iowa, conq in that order.

edit: I recant. Hindenberg first.

This... Hindy is always fun

Then Venezia, then whatever BBs you want.

Don't bother with Henri IV, she's pretty average now...

I'd do everything else except Henri IV, Charlie Martie is the peak of that line IMO.

For what RN CAs are like, check out my videos... I'll resist posting links... ... This time.

Edited by S4pp3R

4,210 posts
8,059 battles
10 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Iowa

US BB from T8 are all solid, old but gold.

8 hours ago, IDS_ABUSE_REASON_TKILL said:

Fletcher

Mostly same as above.

Roon

German CAs are also solid.

Saint Louis

Pretty standard long-ranged kiter. Nothing too exciting (about playstyle), but definitely good.

Chung Mu

This whole line (by that I mean T8 to T10) is kinda powercrept at the moment. Recommend holding off until there is improvement.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this