Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

USS Georgia, AKA USS Maine, is coming on Arsenal

18 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,419 posts
12,082 battles

Simple, A Battleship based on USS Maine class, has 18 inch or 20 inch gun 

AA Similar to Montana's.

1*g523HYBJiRCY55X2gnjRNA.jpeg

Related image

She's also based on this design by Tzoli.

Image result for Super montana

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles

20 inch??? That's bigger than Yamato. I'll expect her to have 18 inch instead

[LBAS]
2,419 posts
12,082 battles
1 minute ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

20 inch??? That's bigger than Yamato. I'll expect her to have 18 inch instead

@mr_glitchy_R A-150 is already in development, as well as the H-45 Coming soon in Arsenal.

USS Gerogia cannot be found on search, therefore USS Maine is possible, she's essentially a Super Montana (BB-69)

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

3,165 posts
6,822 battles
8 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

as well as the H-45 Coming soon in Arsenal.

Yeah, a ship that displaces 700k ton and carries 800 mm guns.

"Coming soon"? Sounds totally believable.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[AJAX]
45 posts
1,964 battles

[TF44]
244 posts
5,359 battles

Still, It's another 18inch gun ship, which will make 3 in the game.

Up until now, that's been the schtick of the Yamato sisters It's been what makes the Yamato great (and the Musashi).

To introduce another is a bad move. Oh sure, it's going to be nice to have another ship with the option to citadel everything, everywhere. However, each line has their own unique trait in the BB's.

The US has the much better AP Penetration angles. Germany has the best darn secondaries and tankiness. RN Burns everything and are sneaky! France? The speed and sheer penetration power of their shells. Japan? The biggest guns for the tier.

To top it off, it's going to be 6 or 8 guns. At tier 9. 2 gun turrets really should end with the Amagi. They are a pre-war thing. The Georgia/Maine is a late war design. They had the 3 guns thing worked out.

So, what will this mean for this ship? If they want it to be at all competetive, it's has to have top level dispersion. I mean, freaking lasers. Ok, sure, it will have US muzzle velocities, but you know what I mean. Tight, accurate groupings. Low dispersion in the vertical and horizontal. Because even mediocre dispersion means with 8 guns, having to broadside in order to bring them to bear.....it is pointless. You will need to either broadside (and that's a paddling) or only use half your guns, which means the dispersion issue is even worse!

Yeah, while 18 inch guns may be attractive, the layout seems comparable to the Nagato..... in the body of a Montana, which is just .....leaving me unenthused.

Plus, it's going to be a premium. Who's prices have become obscene.

Really? I hear you say. Why do you say that?

Take a look at the premium shop. The Jean-Bart is on sale now, which is a T9 Premium BB. It's a good comparison. Base price, in Aussie Dollars? $107. Or I could pay $176, with a 20% discount, getting some dubloons, credits, shiny flags and so on.....

Yeah, no. As much as I might want Jean-Bart, that's just way way too much to pay.

That's the bare minimum this will cost.

So, I guess, that even if it does have railguns, with laser pinpoint accuracy, I won't be buying it.

• Cool 1

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles
21 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Yeah, a ship that displaces 700k ton and carries 800 mm guns.

"Coming soon"? Sounds totally believable.

That thing is 3x bigger than Bismarck, let me tell you that. 

3,165 posts
6,822 battles
28 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

To top it off, it's going to be 6 or 8 guns. At tier 9. 2 gun turrets really should end with the Amagi. They are a pre-war thing. The Georgia/Maine is a late war design. They had the 3 guns thing worked out.

Official post says 3x2 aka 6 guns. US BB with 4x2 457 mm can work at T10, but 30s reload for only 3x2 is still bad at T9.

19 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

That thing is 3x bigger than Bismarck, let me tell you that. 

I was sarcastic. Unless it's an April's Fool thing (boss fight mode), there is no way in heck WG are making that thing.

"3x"? Bismarck is like 1/10 the displacement.

That and A-150 BB "in development". There is no credibility in the phrase "in development".

Edited by Paladinum

[AJAX]
45 posts
1,964 battles

I am more concerned about the max AP shell damage. 15750 max damage?!? Like russian battleships, a stray citadel on a cruiser is absolutely brutal.

[LBAS]
2,419 posts
12,082 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I was sarcastic. Unless it's an April's Fool thing (boss fight mode), there is no way in heck WG are making that thing.

Hmm, then why does Habakkuk existed?

Image result for wows habakkuk

Image result for wows habakkuk

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

3,165 posts
6,822 battles
6 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Hmm, then why does Habakkuk existed?

10 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Unless it's an April's Fool thing (boss fight mode)

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,854 posts
5,685 battles

Spotting distance = edge of the universe.  Concealment expert is optional.   

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
990 posts
8,981 battles
On 2/22/2019 at 12:39 AM, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Simple, A Battleship based on USS Maine class, has 18 inch or 20 inch gun 

AA Similar to Montana's.

That's not quite correct.  It only has three turrets, for six 457mm guns total.  Apparently (according to reddit and the people who actually know this stuff - ie not me), it is a preliminary design for the Iowa class, that's been returreted with the 457's.  In appearance it looks much like a cross between the NC and Iowa.

If you look at the loading screen for Two Brothers, there is a US BB sailing up the middle, which is apparently this design.

One thing's for sure, it's going to need an amazingly short reload to balance only six guns at T9 - remember Musashi has 50% more barrels and can overmatch 32mm! Although no one can claim Musashi is actually balanced, but still...

3,165 posts
6,822 battles
55 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

If you look at the loading screen for Two Brothers, there is a US BB sailing up the middle, which is apparently this design.

Now that you mentioned it, I thought that ship was a NoCar or SoDak-class, but the spaced fore and aft DP gun "groups" matches the image for this new Georgia.

How long was this ship planned lol (maybe they planned this for the 2nd US BB line, but found a new way to put her in the game?)

Edited by Paladinum

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles
15 hours ago, Paladinum said:

"3x"? Bismarck is like 1/10 the displacement.

That and A-150 BB "in development". There is no credibility in the phrase "in development".

I found this

Posted Image

H44 was maybe the last true battleship studie, but there would still be the king of all ships. After the loss of Bismarck Hitler demanded that the ships in the H class would be enlarged to acommendate 8 89cm guns yes you read that right 8 of these.

But 9 cm bigger just to be sure that the shockwawe will kill the rest. If the idea would have been made it would probably resulted in a clumpsy monster "H45" as it was called for comfort reassons would have had a much bigger weight than the biggest ship of our time the super tanker Knock Nevis which weighs 564 800 tons.

H45 would have been around 610 m long and 91,5 m wide and 17m deep with a weight of 627 843 tons with armor of 38cm along the water lines and 66cm on the 89cm gun turrets. Imagine a Knock Nevis but 200 m longer and 100 000 tons heavier aint that the most ridicoulous thing you have ever heard of?

3,165 posts
6,822 battles
7 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

aint that the most ridicoulous thing you have ever heard of?

Do you know the Tillman's battleship designs?

H-45 is ridiculous because the thing is 100000% inefficiency. Designs like H-44 and A-150 are also inefficient. Bismarck can be much less inefficient with 3x3 350 or 380 mm guns. If there is ever a Bismarck in the game that has 4x3 283 mm, that will make me so hard.

The Tillman BB series is also ridiculous because they are just someone's wet dreams.

Edited by Paladinum

[-ISO-]
788 posts
5,673 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Do you know the Tillman's battleship designs?

Nope. Do you have any info about that?

3,165 posts
6,822 battles
47 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Nope. Do you have any info about that?

Tillman was a US senator who wanted to build BBs (or at least wanted the Govt to approve building those things) that fit the dimensions of the locks of the Panama Canal. Back before WW1?

They were ridiculous. 70-80k ton ships with 4x3 406 guns, belt 457 mm, speed 25-26 knots. Even 6x4 or 4x6 with 457 mm guns, things like that. Speed demanded was 25 up to 30 knots. Protection was also as high as a kite, 305 to 457 mm.

Yamato with 3x3 460 mm guns, 410 mm belt, and 27 knots speed weighs in about 70k ton. There's no way in heck the US could build a Bb with 4x3 406 mm with 457 mm belt and 25 knots, and still weighs the same in the 1910s.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this