You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LawrenceXVIII

8.0.3 , 8.0.4 , 8.0.5 , 8.0.6 , 8.0.7 ....

16 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,187 posts
4,618 battles

CV Fixing and DD too hotfix so on : uhmm

8.0.8 , 8.0.9 . 8.0.10 , 8.0.11 , 8.0.12 , 8.0.13 , 8.0.14 , 8.0.15 , 8.0.16 - 8.0.100 ( FINALLY )

I wonder how many of these keeps on minipatching.

[MRI]
2,316 posts
12,114 battles

I for one am glad to see this. For something as big and major as the CV rework, frequent hotfixes are something to be expected.

• Cool 3

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,187 posts
4,618 battles
4 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I for one am glad to see this. For something as big and major as the CV rework, frequent hotfixes are something to be expected.

Lets bet which can reach on hotfix patch.

[TLS]
2,327 posts
17,927 battles

For me the frequency of rapid succession hotfixes tells me that this isn't ready to go wild.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
893 posts
11,914 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

For me the frequency of rapid succession hotfixes tells me that this isn't ready to go wild.

+1 here ... and many of the suggested game play is seriously laughable

• Cool 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
990 posts
8,981 battles
8 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

They always intended to do lots of hotfixes and balancing after the CV rework live release.  It was obvious and inevitable that this was going to be required.

They said as much before 0.8.0 release.  They put out a CV rework Waterline video before 0.8.0, where Sub_Octavian said:

"It's inevitable that all tweaking of individual ships and the balancing between ships will be done on production, unfortunately.  We will have some period of unstable meta game probably, I hope it will be like one or two updates, I hope for one or two updates we'll be able to gather all the information, and tweak all settings properly.  After that, I think we will be mostly done."

"We have confidence in current concept, although we don't deny the challenges that we will face after releasing it.  We will work closely and very attentively on balancing all the ships and tweaking and fine polishing but we also will consider some major adjustments should they be necessary."

"With your help, we think that this concept is good, and we just need to work on it, with you, on live server."

This is exactly what they are doing - we are currently in this initial balancing period.

Edited by Moggytwo
  • Funny 1

[HKENL]
191 posts
9,237 battles

WG just repeats buff/nerf CV process :Smile_teethhappy:

547 posts
1,474 battles

The fundamental problem with the game is how to fit the air-suface combat model into a surface-surface combat model.

For game play interaction to flow on. The game model should have the correct factors for balance,  more importantly, the game model should also have certain degree of self balance margins and dynamics. such that to balance on factor would not create equal(or greater) in-balance to another.

Then you can talk about adjusting and balancing the game.

WOWS may be an arcade style, but the surface-surface model mimicked many characteristic from the real world ( based on the battle of Jutland). the result of game balancing resulting the DD and CA/L class being much more powerful than their real world counterparts.

When CV/Aircrafts ware introduce into the game as an role. the problem become very complicated. The real world model is mostly Not relevant. Air power (attack, spotting etc ) was nerfed/handicapped so much to still allow ships to shoot at each other with their guns. while this surface engagement constantly interrupted by aircraft.

The current aircraft speed/range/re-spawn capability just overlapped too many factors in the surface-surface model. I am yet to see a convergence trend where problem fixed overcomes problem raised. I believe something need to be done to the model itself instead of tweak and balance.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
2,327 posts
17,927 battles

@tsuenwanyour first sentence should have 'problem with cvs in the game' rather than just 'in the game' just to make things clear. Just me being a tad pedantic. 

But yes, your analysis holds. Historically CVs never saw each other in combat and neither did surface ships see CVs because their tactic was to bomb/torp the shit out of the opposition from range. That is why WW2 signalled the twilight of the battleship and rise of CV. In a way the 'OP' CVs reflect the change in warfare.

To that effect, I have even thought of a solution to dispense with the CV model in game and just let the player fly the planes only. Team loses if all nonCV ships sunk. But that would be boring wouldn't it...

547 posts
1,474 battles

Business cases wise,  I sensed that player base is WG's primary concern, All these hot-fixes where their attempt to optimize the player base. not really what is playable or enjoyable in the game.

Hopefully they will settle down on one particular "balance" one day.

[TLS]
2,327 posts
17,927 battles

The question begs to be asked: which player base? Even the usually 'quiet and never use forum' base are appearing out of the woodwork echoing the two opposing issues: CV too OP and CV not OP.

[SMOKE]
893 posts
11,914 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The question begs to be asked: which player base? Even the usually 'quiet and never use forum' base are appearing out of the woodwork echoing the two opposing issues: CV too OP and CV not OP.

I think both are incorrect , no the CV is not OP, but then it is also OP in a sens that it take away core and fundamental game play from other class of ships to the point where their presence become irrelevant and the issue on hand is not whether CV is OP or not OP, its about its making every other ships suffering so WG could have CV so to speak ... the numbers pretty much tell .. with even 1 CV on a team ; Cruisers, DD and even BB had to spend so much time just keep waiving around dodging, doing AA and so on so forth that they cannot do their primary duties and no less at the same time being spotted and targeted, I've seen so many games since 0.8.0 that basically more than half of the game all the surface ships do is sailing around rear just trying to stay alive and then may be another 1/4 of the time actually sailing to objective and if lucky they can get might be the last 1/4 really engaging enemy ships ... and that's for a game that's suppose to build on naval engagement,now its more like naval vs aerial engagement. When WG made it so that even 1 CV can dominate the other team ( not needing to be OP and killing ) where it take away all the other guys gaming fun then its no surprise that people are infuriated. And by not providing proper counter play and the endless supply of planes ( do real CV had endless supply of planes ) and the numerous this and that its pretty muc obvious why people come out shouting like the do .... Guess what since 0.8.0 the most common first communication I've seen around ( other than the typical fairwell and ... ) is " what No CV "  if people had to rejoice in a game where no CV is present then its a good sign that CV is likely not welcomed and having its issues

547 posts
1,474 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

As long as people logon and play the game. I don't think their management really care who are playing what/how/when at all. 

As a MMO game publisher, Player population is the key figure directly affecting their share prices. and it has to be an upward trend.

Draw a new group of users into the game and see if the overall number improve. find the whatever easiest to adjust and see if the figure improve again.. and keep on. until the figure settle at certain peak level.

47 posts

According to WG's "Hot fixes"  This will gotta be happend :

8.0.5 ---- Because the
CV's overwhelming scouting ability ,  Now all attack aircrafts can only carrying two rockets for the "balance"....

8.0.6 ---- We removed CV's infinity hanger, Now all CV has limited planes just like pre-0.7.12 versions...

8.0.7 ---- The dive bombers was very overwhelming powerful,  So now there are one plane instead of three in the attack flight to pervent the destroyer's survivability...

8.0.8 ---- The torpedo bombers are also overpowered,  Now all tiers torpedo bombers attack flights are limited to one plane instead of two in the attack flight...

8.0.9 ---- We still feeling CV's scouting ability was still too high,  So we removed all attack aircrafts from all tiers CVs...

8.0.10 ---- Now all non-CV ships short-range AA can create air-burst too, this will completely increase all ships survivability from air attacks..

8.1 ---- Because CV was breaking the game's balancing, So we completely removed all CV from the game...(Remaining exp. will all transfer into the tier 1 ships)

Edited by V_Wyvern
  • Funny 3

3,165 posts
6,822 battles
29 minutes ago, V_Wyvern said:

8.0.9 ---- We still feeling CV's scouting ability was still too high,  So we removed all attack aircrafts from all tiers CVs...

Hold up. Attack aircrafts are the only things CVs have now... So if this patch is live then CVs have only their secondary guns? Unless you mean "rocket aircrafts", in which case I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.