You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KongouHime

Should I play CV from scratch??

22 comments in this topic

[BRU]
311 posts
11,662 battles

I need advice guys. I'm a CV player who started from late 2015 and got Midway and Hakuryu long before 0.8.0 patch. I tried the new CV gameplay with Ryujo and Haku and I can say that it's quite fun at first but the longer I played it for a few games, I realized that I need to learn everything from scratch because I like CV's in general and at the same time I lost desire of this new gameplay maybe because I strongly wanted the old CV gameplay w/c is RTS style which I'm a big fan of because of playing RTS games. Should I keep my high tier CV's or sell them for FXP and credits and go back to tier 4 or 6 to learn from scratch.

Thanks and have a fair seas to everyone 😄

P.S. First time to post something since I don't know when my last post is xD

265 posts
3,453 battles

You can't go wrong with selling your cv's for fxp and credits (if you have them before 0.8.0). You can always fxp back to your original tier with the fxp you gain from the sale.

654 posts
7,559 battles
9 hours ago, KongouHime said:

I strongly wanted the old CV gameplay w/c is RTS style which I'm a big fan of because of playing RTS game.

You can actually play RTS right now if you play in the Chinese Client. :Smile_trollface:Farazelleth was playing Kaga in RTS mode in there yesterday :

Just think about it... 0.8 was so bad that a CV veteran changed his Client to play 0.7.3... Coincides with the "Rollback" that some of us were asking:Smile-_tongue:

Jokes aside, now is not the ideal time to play CVs IMHO. With literally every hotfix, they are getting nerfed into the ground, some of them are well justified nerfs and some of them make no sense whatsoever...it almost seems like WG is out of clue with what to do with this hot mess named 0.8:Smile_teethhappy:

Edit : Also, as Zergling_ said, it is probably wiser to refund the CVs for now as you can unlock them again in future if you want to.( if you do want to refund though, make sure you do it from Arsenal and not from the port)

9 hours ago, KongouHime said:

😄

P.S. First time to post something since I don't know when my last post is xD

Btw Welcome to the forum, hope you have a great time... 😉

Edited by _TAMAL_

[SPCTH]
105 posts
3,875 battles

just try it because you can sell your CV with return full XP and silver

but I suggest play other class. now CV is useless than pre0.8.0

Beta Tester
722 posts
7,554 battles
On 2/21/2019 at 8:38 AM, zergling_ said:

You can't go wrong with selling your cv's for fxp and credits (if you have them before 0.8.0). You can always fxp back to your original tier with the fxp you gain from the sale.

Just note you do lose any special camos (ie halloween camos) that you had before, and can't get them back if you sell them this way.  An annoying oversight in there description of how this worked.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:44 AM, KongouHime said:

Should I keep my high tier CV's or sell them for FXP and credits and go back to tier 4 or 6 to learn from scratch.

Only you know what you enjoy.  There is a lot of depth to the game play of the new CV's, but this only becomes apparent once you start to gain experience in them.  You are rewarded for your effort with satisfying game play though imo.  Note that CV's are currently quite underpowered after the last hotfix, and there will no doubt be plenty more significant buffs and nerfs to CV's over the next few months, so playing while they are in a state of flux may not be everyone's cup of tea.  They'll be reasonably balanced eventually though.

On 2/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, _TAMAL_ said:

Jokes aside, now is not the ideal time to play CVs IMHO. With literally every hotfix, they are getting nerfed into the ground, some of them are well justified nerfs and some of them make no sense whatsoever...it almost seems like WG is out of clue with what to do with this hot mess named 0.8:Smile_teethhappy:

Well I think most of the changes make sense, when taken on their own.  The issue is that they are doing a whole heap of changes at once, and all of them together add up to sledge hammer type nerfs.

For example, if you look at the DD vs CV issue before this last hotfix, DD's needed help.  So, in 0.8.0.3, they nerfed the rocket fighters in four different ways (higher prep time, reduced attack time, greater maneuverability penalty, less maneuverability during attack).  This is a very heavy nerf, but taken alone it would have the effect of balancing the DD vs CV issue quite effectively.  However, they also decided to buff all ship's air detection by a rather massive 20%.  Once again, this taken alone would probably solve the DD vs CV issue, but then combined with the RF nerf means suddenly we've gone way past the balance state and out the other side.  This change also had the (unintended, I assume) effect of making many AA cruisers have air detection significantly less than their AA range, which is completely devastating for any CV that happens to run into one of these ships.  It's okay though, only about a third of every team is made up of AA cruisers atm...

The same effect can be seen with the previous hotfixes - Haku was completely broken, so they nerfed the TB's in multiple ways, which would have been more than enough to balance the ship, but then those changes when combined with the overall CV nerfs of the same hotfix meant that Haku went from broken OP to broken in the opposite way and completely ineffective.

I personally would prefer them to be a bit more subtle in their changes, and not actually implement every idea they come up until they see how other changes work out.  I feel the nerf cycle for CV's is probably over now though, and we'll start getting CV buffs in the next round of changes.  Hopefully they don't do the same thing in the opposite direction though, and can be a bit more restrained.

835 posts
5,533 battles
On 2/21/2019 at 1:50 PM, _TAMAL_ said:

You can actually play RTS right now if you play in the Chinese Client. :Smile_trollface:Farazelleth was playing Kaga in RTS mode in there yesterday :

I think Fara is just addicted :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Paladinum

654 posts
7,559 battles
3 hours ago, Akyamarukh said:

New CV learning curve :

>>> T10 (easy Maximum Yolo) to T4 (hard Maximum rng)

So, WG reworked CVs in a way that those interested in CVs lose all of their sanity at the very start...:Smile_trollface:

265 posts
3,453 battles
7 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Just note you do lose any special camos (ie halloween camos) that you had before, and can't get them back if you sell them this way.  An annoying oversight in there description of how this worked.

Are you sure? WG has many blunders but it got me convinced that selling CVs thru arsenal is risk free. This is the first time I heard about this. I got halloween permanent camo for tier 8 lexington (havent unlocked it pre 0.8), will it be there when I got to the new Lexington? Would be real sucks if it's not.

734 posts
7,123 battles
16 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Are you sure? WG has many blunders but it got me convinced that selling CVs thru arsenal is risk free. This is the first time I heard about this. I got halloween permanent camo for tier 8 lexington (havent unlocked it pre 0.8), will it be there when I got to the new Lexington? Would be real sucks if it's not.

Well, Wg did say at sone point that all permanrnt camos would be carried across, including the Halloween camos.

Would not surprise me if they stuffed that up though. 

Beta Tester
722 posts
7,554 battles
34 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

If you haven't unlocked it yet it should be fine.  It's only if you sell the ship in the inventory to get the free xp etc that it also sells your camos, and you don't get them back when you work your way back up the line.

It's a bit crap really, they didn't say this would happen, and they said that you could sell your ships for free xp if you didn't want to play CV's anymore, or if you wanted to play through the line from scratch.  I thought the latter idea sounded like a good idea to learn the new system, but wouldn't have done it if I'd have known that camos I can't replace are removed forever.

569 posts
8,469 battles
On 2/23/2019 at 9:00 PM, Moggytwo said:

If you haven't unlocked it yet it should be fine.  It's only if you sell the ship in the inventory to get the free xp etc that it also sells your camos, and you don't get them back when you work your way back up the line.

It's a bit crap really, they didn't say this would happen, and they said that you could sell your ships for free xp if you didn't want to play CV's anymore, or if you wanted to play through the line from scratch.  I thought the latter idea sounded like a good idea to learn the new system, but wouldn't have done it if I'd have known that camos I can't replace are removed forever.

Should have been able to remove them before selling your CV's yeah?

On another note, [content removed] cv's!

This is by far the worst meta of WOWS ive played.

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

575 posts
15,730 battles
5 hours ago, MatterCore said:

Its true:etc_red_button:

Thirded or Fourthed...

@KongouHimeDo not sell your t10 cvs. Unless you are a masochist or do not ever intend to play CV again. There are the only enjoyable cvs now apart from the GZ (according to someone who has one). My Haku is the only -barely enjoyable- cv post rework.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

835 posts
5,533 battles
5 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

So, WG reworked CVs in a way that those interested in CVs lose all of their sanity at the very start...:Smile_trollface:

See, another irony of the CV rework :Smile_smile: This is like the only time I agree with Mr. Clone Army.

Question: "WarGaming, what is your plan to make fresh new players in CVs?"

Answer: "By making CVs of lower tiers MORE DIFFICULT to play, of course!"

575 posts
15,730 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

See, another irony of the CV rework :Smile_smile: This is like the only time I agree with Mr. Clone Army.

Actually Mr. Clone Army does have moments of sanity and more often than we think. It's hidden inside his rantings.

Right now I am thinking of whether to freexp to Midway or wait to freexp to the whatever firebombers are coming.

654 posts
7,559 battles
15 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Right now I am thinking of whether to freexp to Midway or wait to freexp to the whatever firebombers are coming.

Keep in mind that you won't get your free xp back once you spend. The refund only works for CVs unlocked prior to 0.8... personally, I would say wait for the RN CVs. Have faced Audatious 2 times, they are brutal AF to face.

575 posts
15,730 battles
3 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Keep in mind that you won't get your free xp back once you spend. The refund only works for CVs unlocked prior to 0.8... personally, I would say wait for the RN CVs. Have faced Audatious 2 times, they are brutal AF to face.

Scribble scribble Noted.

[BRU]
311 posts
11,662 battles

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll just sell my Haku and buy Midway again because I often play this ship before CV rework, I like HE dive bombers than AP ones, and USN TB's are quite good 3-5 hits if aimed correctly. I'm looking forward to play RN CV's because why not??

[LBAS]
78 posts
5,249 battles
On 23 February 2019 at 11:00 PM, Moggytwo said:

Thanks that explains why if I sell my Lex I also get 5000 dubs as well, I have the Halloween camo for it.