Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheURLguy

Update 0.8.0.3

18 comments in this topic

[SANMA]
6 posts
2,242 battles

Can't agree with the reasoning behind this updates changes. DDs were overpowered before, able to avoid shells and take minimal damage from either ammo type. Can stay undetected by most other ships while launching torps and if they are detected, can just pop smoke and freely fire away at the enemy from safety. 

It's true, that before this change DDs can be repelled from capture areas (assuming they aren't already in them and hiding in smoke( but the damage from rockets is minimal. You need to send 4 or 5 squadrons and hit every time to take out 1 DD, which means you aren't sending torps or bombs at bigger ships. Also, the JN rockets are actually quite difficult to get on target. I've had DDs escape every rocket numerous times from either angle despite adequate lead and on point targeting. The only reason US planes are easier to his is because of the sheer amount of rockets they can fire at once.

I've also had DDs not show up until my squadron is almost directly above them and often when they are too close to begin an attack run, requiring a circle around in which time the DD and/or any supporting ship may significantly damage the squadron if not wipe them out completely. If you lower the detection range of planes there will literally be some ships who can spot and shoot them before the planes can even see them because there are some already who's AA range is VERY close to their detection by air range.

The outcome of any game has hinged too heavily on the performance of destroyers for too long and this new CV change has made a welcome counterbalance to that. Do you follow your DDs and drop fighter support when they get attacked by planes or go straight for hunting enemy DDs? Or do you send torps or bombs after unprotected bigger ships first? All valid options which can end in success for the team. I fear that adding even more protection for DDs will turn the entire game back into WHOEVER HAS THE BEST DDS WINS... which is no fun for anyone except the skilled DD player and the lucky team who gets matched with them.

Having said that, it's also no fun to have your BB wiped out in one attack run from a Midways torpedoes either. I guess we'll see how much these changes affect games at different tiers. My 2 cents though, skilled DD players ruin the game with their potential and need to play a less important role in the outcome of a match. They should be glass cannons not invisible titanium howitzers. There's practically nothing anyone other than other DDs can do to them without rocket planes ability to spot and harass them. It's already difficult if you've no idea where they are.

There are other problems too, like overpowered AA on some ships, literally can't touch them with any amount of any planes. Unbalanced matchmaking making planes overpowered or made of paper (especially tier 8 CV against Tier 10 which seems to happen more often than not)... but those are separate issues probably.

Maybe these changes won't be as dire as they sound, it'll be interesting to see.

Alpha Tester
889 posts
3,155 battles

I don't like this idea for CV plane nerfs.

DD's with their AA turned off have to almost be directly flown straight over the top of anyway, andnow, to spot a cruiser, I will have to fly my planes WITHIN AA range to spot them, as soon as I fly out of AA range they will POOF, vanish again.

The only contribution a tier 6 CV could make to a team of tier 8s, is spotting and MAYBE collect 10-20k dmg in the battle, but the primary role when bottom tier in +2 MM, was to spot, which the CV player already gets ZERO XP, credits or recognition for doing.

The secondary role of the CV WAS to scare DDs out of cap zones.

8 posts
5,955 battles

Wow, they are now nerfing the only thing Haku's torp bombers excel at. (spotting)

Now Hakuryu only has TWO effective attack methods while Midway still sails away with THREE

Oh wait, the attack aircrafts are getting nerfed too

Oh well, I guess it's ONE and TWO respectively...

Alpha Tester
889 posts
3,155 battles

No, Hakuryu loses out big time, tier 10 cruisers can detect and attack your planes from 7kms out. 

With a 20% nerf to planes spotting of all ship types, this is about the same range you spot them.

Against worchester and minotaur you will not have time to turn planes away to safety.

But this is all assumption until we play.

Considering my hakuryu doesn't spot cruisers until 7-9 kms away now, I don't think the spotting nerf was required, especially with the incredible speed the cruisers go invisible again when you do turn away from them, (its very very fast).

DD's are even better at going invisible really really fast once you turn away from them, they always disappear while you are trying to turn around for second rocket run.

Now...in 0803.

274 posts
8,899 battles

reduce 20% All Ships Air Detectibility :
DD : for what ??? DD Air Detect already lower than Her AA lol, for example Khaba air detect is 4.9 Km and her AA is 6km kek

CL/CA : well its just back to before cv rework when AFT and upgrade AA give us range lel some cruiser will got Air detect lower than AA range again lel (USN/RN CL will get her stealth AA back)
BB : do we need air detect buff ????

nerfing rockets, i think its good since DD crying get harass by rocket lel

midway torps nerf ??? uuh can we got buff for Dive bomber ???

Alpha Tester
448 posts

February 23, the port of St. Petersburg will be decorated to celebrate the Defender of the Fatherland Day. Its appearance will remain festive until the release of update 0.8.1.

Might as well rename it Leningrad. It was only called St. Petersburg during the Russian Empire and after the USSR fell.

[RTANZ]
20 posts
12,229 battles

Heaven help the CV(s) when a DD is able to break/sneak past the front lines.

Sure as heck wont be able to stop them with airstrikes

[SANMA]
6 posts
2,242 battles

Yep, just had a game with half the teams DDs. 2 of them just came right through and killed my t8 CV with primaries. Had them spotted the whole trip from other side of map, barely scratched them. 

Well, back to World Of DDs and get stuffed you're cannon fodder if not Ships again... fun -_-

Edit - 10 games in tier 6 and 8... 9 of 10 games CV killed by DD. Nothing can be done about it. It takes so many squadrons to kill just one and it's so easy for them to change positions between squadrons and go invisible. You can literally spend an entire game hunting 1 DD and still get killed by it in a CV. Is this really working as intended? It's not SO terrible in even matchmaking and large teams but small teams, uptiered... forget about it. And god forbid you should spend your time doing ANYTHING else which might actually award you credits and xp, the rest of the team will harass and report you for not protecting them from DDs.

- rant over.

Edited by Groove_Champion
addition

772 posts
8,204 battles

The information given on Fighter consumables might not be accurate. on GK I can see the fighter squadron is flying with a much higher speed, presuming the buff is in effect. however the info showed still 3km, 4 fighters, unlike what been stated should be 3.5km, 7 fighters

829 posts
5,528 battles

Question: "WarGaming, what is your plan to make CVs popular to all players?"

Answer: "We will change 100% how CVs play, then we're going to nerf aircrafts every patch until no one plays them again"

6 hours ago, Groove_Champion said:

Well, back to World Of DDs and get stuffed you're cannon fodder if not Ships again... fun -_-

That's what happens when you play too much BBs. Just saying.

Alpha Tester
889 posts
3,155 battles

To clarify, because as far as I was educated and from Hollywood Russians referred to Russia as the motherland, and germans called germany the fatherland.

Do russians indeed refer to russia as the fatherland?.

Also, does it matter, or offend anyone?.

1,133 posts
4,405 battles
2 hours ago, Muds_Revenge said:

To clarify, because as far as I was educated and from Hollywood Russians referred to Russia as the motherland, and germans called germany the fatherland.

Do russians indeed refer to russia as the fatherland?.

Also, does it matter, or offend anyone?.

IF I read this properly ( it reads like WoWs patch notes! ),it looks like it should be motherland:

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015/05/08/identity-crisis-motherland-fatherland/

Wonder what it says on the RU page?Maybe another one  of the ASIA servers translation errors!

And doesn't offend me.If anyone is they shouldn't be playing a playing a game set in that period!

[RTANZ]
20 posts
12,229 battles

Well done WG....you have made CV's the domains of elite players once again.

I'd consider myself an average CV driver (at best) but with the latest update, I cant even get close enough to enemy ships to launch an attack, let alone hit anything

Not often you can de-plane a Midway but I seem to manage it quite regularly since the latest update

2 posts
1,250 battles

Well done WG, with this new patch, CV will have no counter-play for anything.

Attack aircrafts are now so ineffective with any type of ships, ESPECIALLY DD.

Dive bomber have ridiculous HP that they get WIPED OUT in CA's dpm

Torpedo bomber now do so little damage that they can SCRATCH BB'S PAINT and not harming the hull.

All of that is even well-compensate with the new blind pilot that CANNOT see anything unless they're right ON TOP OF THEM.

I've been with this rework since closed beta test and I'm so disappointed to see that it is so UNENJOYABLE as patches go on. It seems that they're playing me like a fool for loving CV so much.

Edited by BlackRider1080

Sign in to follow this