Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FG1964644240

Notice two things in the operation "defense of newport"

5 comments in this topic

[UNRYU]
7 posts
1,550 battles

1. Two times my team destroy the enemy third wave attack within 10 seconds before the major attack (00:05 and 00:07), and the side quest still count as failed.

2. It just...too difficult to get 5 star in both random team or team with your friend, for a lot of reason.:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
1,502 posts
9,320 battles
7 minutes ago, FG1964644240 said:

1. Two times my team destroy the enemy third wave attack within 10 seconds before the major attack (00:05 and 00:07), and the side quest still count as failed.

2. It just...too difficult to get 5 star in both random team or team with your friend, for a lot of reason.:Smile_sad:

Weird...

Are you sure you destroyed all of them? Sometimes the DDs smoke up just outside the base and edge in.

And yes, 5 star can be difficult, even with a full team of 7 experienced, and communicating players.

All players have to be aware of where the next wave is likely to come from, and position accordingly. I don't know how many stars have been lost because there is no one in  position to finish off those DDs. Or because some ships charged too early and got sunk.

[MRI]
2,227 posts
11,881 battles
54 minutes ago, FG1964644240 said:

Yeah I have had this happen to me a few times as well. It seems that objective ends like 5-10s too early.

And I do find this Op a lot harder now for some reason. Previously I had no trouble 5-starring the Op, even with full Random teams. Now I usually get like 2-3 star, sometimes only a 4-star win. The past week or so I believe I only got 1 or 2 5-star wins.

I suspect the bots' targetting priority has been changed or something. I see they tend to focus the forts and the other buildings a lot more now. Several times I have seen the bots ignoring me and my team and shooting over our heads at the land buildings, costing us a star. Previously, the bots would prioritise the players and only would only shoot the buildings after most of the team is dead.

That, coupled together with perhaps the IJN DD and CA buffs recently, could somewhat explain why the Op feels a lot harder. Taking down the forts cuts down a lot of friendly DPS, and sometimes the bots can cheese you out of a 5-star win by just one focusing the buildings on the mainland.

Edited by Thyaliad

[UNRYU]
7 posts
1,550 battles
11 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Weird...

Are you sure you destroyed all of them? Sometimes the DDs smoke up just outside the base and edge in.

And yes, 5 star can be difficult, even with a full team of 7 experienced, and communicating players.

All players have to be aware of where the next wave is likely to come from, and position accordingly. I don't know how many stars have been lost because there is no one in  position to finish off those DDs. Or because some ships charged too early and got sunk.

I'm sure we destroy all of it and it shows:

a. Kill all the enemy before major attack. (00:07, fail)

b. Do not let the enemy within defense zone before the major attack. (Done!)

...something like that, or we fail the objective "b" but finish the "a",sorry I can't remember. Although, I can 100% tell that we done both of it because I was a  CV player, I kill the last enemy and it is close, but not within the defense zone.

and yes, even we complete side quests from above, saving Baltimore will be another problem. Heavy AA mean CV can only make 1-2 attack drop, while other surface vessel, miss, I guess.

[UNRYU]
7 posts
1,550 battles
11 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Yeah I have had this happen to me a few times as well. It seems that objective ends like 5-10s too early.

And I do find this Op a lot harder now for some reason. Previously I had no trouble 5-starring the Op, even with full Random teams. Now I usually get like 2-3 star, sometimes only a 4-star win. The past week or so I believe I only got 1 or 2 5-star wins.

I suspect the bots' targetting priority has been changed or something. I see they tend to focus the forts and the other buildings a lot more now. Several times I have seen the bots ignoring me and my team and shooting over our heads at the land buildings, costing us a star. Previously, the bots would prioritise the players and only would only shoot the buildings after most of the team is dead.

That, coupled together with perhaps the IJN DD and CA buffs recently, could somewhat explain why the Op feels a lot harder. Taking down the forts cuts down a lot of friendly DPS, and sometimes the bots can cheese you out of a 5-star win by just one focusing the buiildings on the mainland.

Oh, ya, it was so ez to get 5-stars long time ago, back when T7 narai been call-off. I can't tell the different now, but back then we CV can stop the third wave by our own because there is no DFAA fire from NPC.

and the forts? now they're just able to deal good damage to DD, but don't expect they can do anything to CL/CA/BB.

Edited by FG1964644240

Sign in to follow this