seezer_WG

CV Update Plans - up to 0.8.4

18 comments in this topic

Administrator
25 posts

Dear players,

Today we will talk about the improvement of the new gameplay of aircraft carriers. As already noted, with such a big change in the game, it has been necessary to apply some corrections over a few updates, and now we will share our plans for the foreseeable future – up to 0.8.4.

Please remember that plans sometimes change: the information below is preliminary, the timeframe may move, and following your feedback and suggestions, some points may well be added a little later.

1. Balance settings, general to specific. We are now at the stage of adjusting the balance between the classes and focussing on addressing specific issues (e.g. alternate torpedo Hakuryu to 0.8.0.1). The individual fine-tuning of the ships is out of the question for now. For example, first we need to find the optimal balance of air defense and aircraft losses at each tier, and then, if individual aircraft carriers lose too many aircraft, we can individually increase the survivability (or, if the air defense of individual ships is too weak, it can be strengthened). In addition, it should be understood that the gameplay has changed greatly, and players are still learning and adapting. Statistics of combat effectiveness of CVs and other ships on the part of air defense is changing literally every day and only after some time will it stabilize. Therefore, it should take at least a few days after each balance change before making preliminary conclusions.
  2. Some changes will affect the mechanics of constant air defense damage. As we said earlier, the number of explosions that appear in the path of the squadron is limited, which on the one hand still leaves the flak bursts of ships strong enough but at the same time gives a chance to the planes to survive and not to see just a wall of "black" sky in front of them (read more here: https://medium.com/@devblogwows/aa-article-107c18eac84) Constant damage from a couple of ships is simply added up, resulting in excessive efficiency of any group of ships (given that flak now gives more air defense breaks). To solve this problem, we implemented a nonlinear addition of constant damage. Overlapping air defense zones will still be effective, but the squadron will have more chance to keep aircraft. If the squadron gets into the zone of action of the same two groups of guns with permanent damage 600, the total damage is equal to 960 and not 1200. Hit three zones, 1260, not 1800.
  3. To solve the problem of "F-spam" (when the player, after an attack, could recall a squadron even under heavy air defense fire with impunity), we significantly increased the period of vulnerability of aircraft (climb) when returning. Now recalling a squadron to the aircraft carrier should be done only after leaving the zone of air defense, otherwise losses are inevitable. The same mechanics currently affect aircraft that have just carried out an attack - they need to gain the same altitude before they become invulnerable. Taken together, the problem of F-spam was solved, but, as many rightly noted, the loss of aircraft after attacking increased. To mitigate this, we will reduce the invulnerability ceiling for aircraft that have carried out an attack, but the squadron that a player returns using F-Key will still return via the higher altitude. This will soften the exit from the battle for the planes, but at the same time to avoid the return the "F-spam" exploit. Taking into account the new mechanics of calculating the damage of intersecting zones, significant changes in this area may not occur if other changes sufficiently affect the survival of aircraft.
  4. We received proposals to take into account the damage to aircraft in the combat economy, so that any contribution to the air defense team was evaluated. The plan is to add damage inflicted to aircraft on the battle results screen, and in the calculation of economic rewards, but it will be added a little later, when statistics have stabilized.
  5. The priority air defense sector interface, as well as the information regarding plane readiness on the deck of the CV will be reworked for more convenience and clarity.
  6. We agree with the popular opinion that aircraft carriers have excessive capabilities to spot enemy ships, especially at the start of the battle. Work on a solution of the situation is already underway, and we will share information on progress in future publications. In addition, the action of the skill "Radio Location" will be disabled for aircraft by popular request.
  7. The same can be said about the interaction of aircraft carriers and destroyers – the search for opportunities to mitigate the unpleasant scenario in which the aircraft carrier can effectively shutdown a destroyer with exhaustive attacks are already underway. We're testing changes to the settings of the Attack Aircraft and other potential improvements. There are chances that radical solutions will not be required, since the problems with the scenario described above play a serious role in the confrontation of the "Destroyer – Aircraft Carrier".
  8. After collecting your comments, we will try to modify the autopilot, so that its operation is more predictable, and more convenient and reliable to use.

Once again, this is a preliminary and possibly incomplete list, and these changes are planned to be implemented by the 0.8.4 update. We will continue to inform you about our plans and future changes. Thank you for playing, your feedback, suggestions, and above all – for your concern.

Good Luck and Fair Seas!

Alpha Tester
891 posts
3,162 battles

I find stock tier 4 and tier 6 USN CV fun to play, as soon as I upgrade the planes, I meet tier 7-8 ships, and the planes are useless against their AA.

Hakuryu is fun as it stands, but the torpedo bombers are the weakest of all its aircraft, and the such small damage a torpedo hit does now...

AA on ships is ok, its a challenge to a CV player, some is much more powerful than others, like on worchester and minotaur you could probably halve their AA performance and it would still shred tier 10 planes before they can drop first pass (as they currently do).

But thanks for the hard work, I found it rough at first but after about 40 CV battles, and a tier 10 CV, it gets really fun.

I really really want to buy some premium CV's or some RN ones please 🙂

575 posts
15,730 battles
1 hour ago, For_Credits said:

Stupid update, I am sure that the mother of the game designer was killed by the aircraft of the aircraft carrier.

Best burn I have seen to date.

6 posts
3,454 battles

I think if you let one of those cv player whose win rate is above 60% to balance the cv,it will be much better than now.Many of my friends raise the idea you have now and even better solution in the beginning of 0.8.0 and give you ticket.but god knows whats in your developers brain and you raise so many bad ideas to rain the game experience of dd players and cv players cause cv can not do any damage to ships stay together and dd cant cap with the cover of antiair forces.At the same time you miss the right solution of problem perfectly.You nerf the tier X CV and ignore the shoukaku has been useless cause the mechanism change caused by hakuryu,and the tier 4 and 6  and 8 are useless when they are in higher tier battle.You just cancel the rpf of cv but why you dont think that if they can do damage to bbs and cas why they are crazy for killing dds?You never play the game you make and just know watching the number of avr damage in server.Just like dough making,when the plane is too strong,you add aa power,ignoring the fact that the food (game)tastes like the canned herring!And even worse,most of the players in other forum thought you add shit to the water when its imbalance.i have not recharged since 0.8.0 updated.And if you do this again,i will sell my account and never play this game again.

There Is Some Reason Why The USSR Disintegrated.

Edited by WarshipGirlsR_OSS
mistake

2,117 posts
10,178 battles
12 minutes ago, WarshipGirlsR_OSS said:

I think if you let one of those cv player whose win rate is above 60% to balance the cv,it will be much better than now.Many of my friends raise the idea you have now and even better solution in the beginning of 0.8.0 and give you ticket.but god knows whats in your developers brain and you raise so many bad ideas to rain the game experience of dd players and cv players cause cv can not do any damage to ships stay together and dd cant cap with the cover of antiair forces.At the same time you miss the right solution of problem perfectly.You nerf the tier X CV and ignore the shoukaku has been useless cause the mechanism change caused by hakuryu,and the tier 4 and 6  and 8 are useless when they are in higher tier battle.You just cancel the rpf of cv but why you dont think that if they can do damage to bbs and cas why they are crazy for killing dds?You never play the game you make and just know watching the number of avr damage in server.Just like dough making,when the plane is too strong,you add aa power,ignoring the fact that the food (game)tastes like the canned herring!And even worse,most of the players in other forum thought you add shit to the water when its imbalance.i have not recharged since 0.8.0 updated.And if you do this again,i will sell my account and never play this game again.

There Is Some Reason Why The CCCP Disintegrated.

You mean USSR.

2 posts
5,621 battles

If you disable "Radio Location" , please at least revive the function of aircraft to discover enemy torpedoes.
Because the number of air fleets that can be moved at once is only one, the searching capability of the aircraft carrier is deteriorating.
I am against the amendment that only further reduces the searching capability of the aircraft carrier

[_BST_]
13 posts
7,138 battles

I was a T8 BB in a T10 which is fine in a normal world of Warships but this is now a game of world of planes Game i was spotted by planes 26 km's away so then a Des moine and a Worcester didn't have to break cover i spent the whole game at the back of the Map coz i couldn't get a target coz the planes that were hitting the guys on my right side of the map not me had me spotted how am i to fight that so i got no battle damage but gave the other team plenty, that is a joke i can't even shoot down the planes at 26 km's. This is world of warships right not planes the CV line should be the hardest line to play not the easiest line.

For DD's you can't play them coz you can't get away from the CV's the Detectaility should be 1 Km as long as you have your AA off turn it on and it should bloom out but the DD's should make the AA strong on the DD's that for a CV its not worth going after a DD. All the ships should only be spotted only when the planes are in the ships AA range that is fair as the planes have the speed to get away.

CV should have fighters that only shoot down planes but can't spot. CV should only have so many planes like the old CV game play and you lose all your planes by making silly moves bad luck that happens in ships you push to hard the otherside makes you play for it. Wish i had an F key to push when i push in to hard on one side of the map and puts me back at the start but you do that in a ship ur dead but not in planes. 

sorry WG I know you want to balance the game but planes will always beat ships, that was show in WW2. But this is still only a game but the planes are way to powerful and new players will just leave coz they can't do anything about the planes. This will not bring new players to the game unless you want them all playing CV's. This kind of play is making ppl leave and they don't want to. Not everyone is a great player and that was why you didn't have to be great to play this game as long as you were a team play you could do ok in the game and it was fun to play, but now their is to much stress for such a good game.

CV players are getting 5 to 6 kills per game and its not even hard for them.

CV players won't like this but this is still world or warships not world of planes go play world of planes if that's  what you want ppl came to the game for world of warships

Edited by TakingAim

6 posts
3,454 battles
11 小時前,TakingAim 說:

I was a T8 BB in a T10 which is fine in a normal world of Warships but this is now a game of world of planes Game i was spotted by planes 26 km's away so then a Des moine and a Worcester didn't have to break cover i spent the whole game at the back of the Map coz i couldn't get a target coz the planes that were hitting the guys on my right side of the map not me had me spotted how am i to fight that so i got no battle damage but gave the other team plenty, that is a joke i can't even shoot down the planes at 26 km's. This is world of warships right not planes the CV line should be the hardest line to play not the easiest line.

For DD's you can't play them coz you can't get away from the CV's the Detectaility should be 1 Km as long as you have your AA off turn it on and it should bloom out but the DD's should make the AA strong on the DD's that for a CV its not worth going after a DD. All the ships should only be spotted only when the planes are in the ships AA range that is fair as the planes have the speed to get away.

CV should have fighters that only shoot down planes but can't spot. CV should only have so many planes like the old CV game play and you lose all your planes by making silly moves bad luck that happens in ships you push to hard the otherside makes you play for it. Wish i had an F key to push when i push in to hard on one side of the map and puts me back at the start but you do that in a ship ur dead but not in planes. 

sorry WG I know you want to balance the game but planes will always beat ships, that was show in WW2. But this is still only a game but the planes are way to powerful and new players will just leave coz they can't do anything about the planes. This will not bring new players to the game unless you want them all playing CV's. This kind of play is making ppl leave and they don't want to. Not everyone is a great player and that was why you didn't have to be great to play this game as long as you were a team play you could do ok in the game and it was fun to play, but now their is to much stress for such a good game.

CV players are getting 5 to 6 kills per game and its not even hard for them.

CV players won't like this but this is still world or warships not world of planes go play world of planes if that's  what you want ppl came to the game for world of warships

Go to play a couple of games using CV please,if you do want to give meaningful suggestions.4 or 5 kills?Absurd.

[_BST_]
13 posts
7,138 battles

Go to play a couple of games using CV please,if you do want to give meaningful suggestions.4 or 5 kills?Absurd.

It's not Absurd, as you put it the enemy CV got 6 kills and our CV got 5 kills they were both T10 CV's it was a joke of a Game for everyone else. And I don't have to play a CV to see the kills at the end of the Game when it's up there on the score board at the end of the Game. CV's still have to much power they are turning the game into about the CV player's and screw the rest of us.

[_BST_]
13 posts
7,138 battles

Wargaming you should be Ashamed you have turned this great game into a Joke.

This use to be a game where everyone had a chance to win if they played the game right ,Now a joke. You had to play the game with the CA's and BB's as a DD's player. Why even have DD's now the CV's can do that job so thanks no more DD's. Ca's use to burn down the BB's and hit the DD's don't need the Ca's now you have torps and rocket planes Now job for the CV's. BB's were the hard hitting ships that would push and the rest would follow if played right, don't the CA's now the CV's spot so everyone stays at the back of the map, Bitching for the DD's to Cap but that can't happen anymore. Also the dive bombers can get 3 Cit in one run on a CA or BB so tanks no BB's needed. CV's have unlimited planes so they don't have to be careful of hit the F key. So that just leaves the CV's, so it should be a whole new game just for the guys you want for the game the CV's, so your a ship that can do all the jobs you had made for world of ships but now you don't need the rest just a Good CV player and the game is yours. We are just the bots for the Good CV players.

322 posts
8,765 battles

Sorry having plan is not enough DD are just being made scape goat for this CV rework, that need to be addressed NOW ..

Edited by Mechfori

[H_F]
20 posts
1,143 battles

please add a more skill base then what it is now cv is still not fun as there are not much tactics you can put into the game play its just click and click and click its not like woo i am in a brit cruiser i should be aggressive and take this positing facing this ship should  do this to deal with him better (all i am saying is variation in play style) which i feel lacking in cv game play please consider it and hope to see some variation in play stile and tactics instead of just left right and click around in game

[PHNAV]
20 posts
6,427 battles

Not fun to play DDs these days, especially if you play against two CVs at level or higher than your DDs. Not only are they killing DDs on the game, the CVs are taking over their work on scouting and torping. What next on 0.9.0,  capping airplanes? :etc_swear:

[CAZNA]
Alpha Tester
7 posts
6,503 battles

Not a bad idea lets ruin the  game completely and have capping airplanes and cvs with the ability to never need to rearm by going back to the carrierCV's have unlimited planes so they don't have to be careful of hit the F key. So that just leaves the CV's, so it should be a whole new game just for the guys you want for the game the CV's, so your a ship that can do all the jobs you had made for world of ships but now you don't need the rest just a Good CV player and the game is yours. We are just the bots for the Good CV players.

on a lighter note I bet war gaming when we first did the testing never thought that so many people could be ripped off so easily as they are doing so now. Sad 

Edited by Jauger
the point of unlimited aircraft on cvs is not a real option