Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crap_Player

DD's in CO-OP

24 comments in this topic

[AAX]
1 post
3,700 battles

Hello all, I will get a great deal of flack about this post but I am from WOT so go your hardest. I have noticed since the last big update when the British DD's were added that when playing co-op that the amount of DD's has increased with some battles having 5 but it is usually 3 or 4 per battle. No, I don't play random battles very much as I suck and this is how I relax when not playing WOT. My problem is, as with many others I would say is that if you play a BB or even a cruiser, by the time we get to the battle, all the DD's have killed almost all of the AI vessels and if we are lucky we may score 20,000 damage. Sometimes this is a good thing but most of the time it just ruins our game play. I don't mind the DD's but can War Gaming limit the number of DD's to 2  in co-op battles? And no, I still don't want to play random battles before you all hit your keyboards and abuse me. I would be to easy for you people to sink 🙂     

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,757 battles

I don't mean to be rude but in all honesty, there are way more pressing issues for WG to handle right now than thinking about MM in Co-Op....:fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
1,623 posts
9,517 battles

Eh, it’s co-op. Who really cares? The good players can do well regardless. Other than that, if you can’t beat them, join them and play DD.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,872 posts
5,692 battles

Coop is there to blow off steam and complete missions and achievement easily.  Its not serious so don't worry about it.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[HMNZ]
356 posts
5,531 battles

"blow of stream"

I usually get the wife to do that Ralph :cap_horn::Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Otago_F111
  • Cool 2

[HMAS_]
1,947 posts
13,443 battles

Did somebody want flak???

:cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

Edited by Ordrazz

[CLAY]
1,623 posts
9,517 battles

I think this is the second guy this week from WoT, who comes in, sets of a flak storm, then laughs as everything blows up around them and says “This the best you got? I’m from WORLD OF TANKS!”

Says something about the differences in the communities.

[TLS]
2,369 posts
17,927 battles
9 hours ago, Crap_Player said:

Hello all, I will get a great deal of flack about this post but I am from WOT so go your hardest. I have noticed since the last big update when the British DD's were added that when playing co-op that the amount of DD's has increased with some battles having 5 but it is usually 3 or 4 per battle. No, I don't play random battles very much as I suck and this is how I relax when not playing WOT. My problem is, as with many others I would say is that if you play a BB or even a cruiser, by the time we get to the battle, all the DD's have killed almost all of the AI vessels and if we are lucky we may score 20,000 damage. Sometimes this is a good thing but most of the time it just ruins our game play. I don't mind the DD's but can War Gaming limit the number of DD's to 2  in co-op battles? And no, I still don't want to play random battles before you all hit your keyboards and abuse me. I would be to easy for you people to sink 🙂     

wg ammended MM so that it would be "a more diverse selection of ships" in that patch or somewhere near there. Previously you could get all/majority one class which could make life difficult if you weren't in the right ship. There are pros and cons.

8 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I don't mean to be rude but in all honesty, there are way more pressing issues for WG to handle right now than thinking about MM in Co-Op....:fish_glass:

*cough*likenukingthecvrework*cough* But honestly, this issue is even simpler to handle. Just change a number in MM. But just from my observations, coop has been flooded by more than usual numbers of dd players since 0.8.Fiasco. It used to me more sedate.

• Cool 1

[ANZAF]
197 posts
3,959 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I think this is the second guy this week from WoT, who comes in, sets of a flak storm, then laughs as everything blows up around them and says “This the best you got? I’m from WORLD OF TANKS!”

Says something about the differences in the communities.

It certainly says something about your prejudices.

Re-reading the OP post he is hardly setting a flak storm is he? Or laughing? Or saying "this is the best..." He's just asking can there be a limit to the number of DD's. 

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,757 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

*cough*likenukingthecvrework*cough* But honestly, this issue is even simpler to handle. Just change a number in MM. But just from my observations, coop has been flooded by more than usual numbers of dd players since 0.8.Fiasco. It used to me more sedate.

Considering the utterly poor interaction of CVs vs DDs atm which led to players playing DDs in Ranked and Co-Op mostly, I'd say they should make 5 dd per team in Co-Op a standard instead...give them some breathing space will ya?!:Smile-_tongue:

Also, why would someone want to spam BBs in Co-Op now? With the rework, now is the best time to play BBs in Random, nobody will blame you for sitting back and sniping or doing other "BB things" that don't make any sense...:Smile_trollface:

Edited by _TAMAL_

[CLAY]
1,623 posts
9,517 battles
2 hours ago, Puggsley said:

It certainly says something about your prejudices.

Re-reading the OP post he is hardly setting a flak storm is he? Or laughing? Or saying "this is the best..." He's just asking can there be a limit to the number of DD's. 

Ok, maybe not a flak storm (we are civilised here, after all), but another recent thread by another world of tanks player, “Why does WG force me to lose the majority of battles I join?” Did produce a lot of comments which basically told the op to ‘git gud’. And that op did use some rather strong and salty language.

And while it may not have resulted in a flak storm, this op was clearly expecting one.

14 hours ago, Crap_Player said:

Hello all, I will get a great deal of flack about this post but I am from WOT so go your hardest.

I may have emballised a bit regarding the “laugh’s while everything blows up around them” But I did find the statement “I am from WOT so go your hardest.” To be a bit telling.

Ok, I was trying to joke about who the WoT community is wilder than the WoWS community. Something I only know from secondhand accounts, other commenters and Jingles. I though the opinion was more widespread, but apparently not.

You happy now, I admit, I’m bad at jokes.

[TLS]
2,369 posts
17,927 battles
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Considering the utterly poor interaction of CVs vs DDs atm which led to players playing DDs in Ranked and Co-Op mostly, I'd say they should make 5 dd per team in Co-Op a standard instead...give them some breathing space will ya?!

Nah. Already happening. Occasionally I see 5 dds but a lot of 4dds. Dds that play by going wide and ending at the bottom of the table. 

Alpha Tester
992 posts
3,807 battles

BBs with excellent AA are the new meta with CV update. My Hakuryu can't go near some tier 8 BB's, even IJN has Kii, very great AA.

Enjoy BB Captains, while it lasts. Every ship type gets a turn, and around we go!. Unfortunately CV meta lasted from 080 to 0801 lol. 6 days or so 😞

[TF44]
358 posts
3,434 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Ok, I was trying to joke about who the WoT community is wilder than the WoWS community. Something I only know from secondhand accounts, other commenters and Jingles. I though the opinion was more widespread, but apparently not.

G'day Grygus.

Wouldn't worry about it mate. People seem a little errr 'edgy' around here atm. I am wondeing where the sense of humour has gone.

If op is serious about the amount of DD's, he could try taking out a DD hunter. They say the new Witchita is good for that or perhaps a nice RN Cruiser.  Hmmm so many DD targets.

Cheer's

Alex B_T23

PS. Still enjoying my leave.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
131 posts
14,054 battles

G'Day Triss and Captain Tiger,

The small dribbles of humour previously extant have been nerfed.

This is seemingly a community decision to emphasise the forum participants unhappiness regarding Update 0.8.

As for me, I have been indulging in the sport of spectating. There has been plenty of [unintentional] humour to be found in the posts decrying the state of WoWS and the mindset of WG employees.

As to ship types in Co-Op and for that matter most Scenario operations, players electing to play a DD are likely to show up to a gunfight with a cleaver. The talented DD players are of course excluded from this remark. However if only talented DD players entered Co-Op or Scenarios in their ship of choice, this thread would have less relevance than it already has.

Cheers

• Funny 1

[UNRYU]
7 posts
1,550 battles

From my experience so far, I only faced 3 DD in total in a random co-op team.

Wait,you mean player vs AI or operation?

Edited by FG1964644240

Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles
18 hours ago, Crap_Player said:

If the amount of DDs are limited to two, then how are we DD players supposed to excel in our ability to hog all the XP? :Smile_trollface:

In all seriousness -  don't hang back and snipe. Bot battles are about close in punch-ups. Get in there and sink 'em, sailor.

• Funny 1

[SMOKE]
904 posts
11,935 battles

Co-op is the opposite of what its name say .. for a lot of players its more about solo against himself / herself and see if he / she can better the personal best .. and as many had put it its a training ground .. co-operation .. sorry little if ever any .. seriously just play to have it easy and fun for yourself. If there are many or few DD does not really change much ... you just adept to situations

[ANZAF]
197 posts
3,959 battles
17 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Ok, maybe not a flak storm (we are civilised here, after all), but another recent thread by another world of tanks player, “Why does WG force me to lose the majority of battles I join?” Did produce a lot of comments which basically told the op to ‘git gud’. And that op did use some rather strong and salty language.

And while it may not have resulted in a flak storm, this op was clearly expecting one.

I may have emballised a bit regarding the “laugh’s while everything blows up around them” But I did find the statement “I am from WOT so go your hardest.” To be a bit telling.

All good, i play both and to be honest the forums are extremely similar.

People present tin foilery, are gently advised at first, then repeat offenders are dealt with increasingly harshly.

People who ask for help get it. it might not be what they want to hear but it will nearly always be genuine.

WoT forums might be a little harsher on good players who present anything like tin foilery - if you bring any sort of dodgy argument you should expect to be able to back it up, because it will be shot at with some pretty decent statistical analysis and you will be made to look like a dill. You will not be able to rely on your in-game stats to carry bullshit.

[MD]
96 posts
On 2/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, Muds_Revenge said:

BBs with excellent AA are the new meta with CV update. My Hakuryu can't go near some tier 8 BB's, even IJN has Kii, very great AA.

Enjoy BB Captains, while it lasts. Every ship type gets a turn, and around we go!. Unfortunately CV meta lasted from 080 to 0801 lol. 6 days or so 😞

They should've mentioned "YEAR Week of the CV's"

456 posts
5,376 battles
13 hours ago, Puggsley said:

All good, i play both and to be honest the forums are extremely similar.

People present tin foilery, are gently advised at first, then repeat offenders are dealt with increasingly harshly.

People who ask for help get it. it might not be what they want to hear but it will nearly always be genuine.

WoT forums might be a little harsher on good players who present anything like tin foilery - if you bring any sort of dodgy argument you should expect to be able to back it up, because it will be shot at with some pretty decent statistical analysis and you will be made to look like a dill. You will not be able to rely on your in-game stats to carry bullshit.

As fellow veteran of both forums, I can say that this is the truth.

This is why I avoid trying to bring out baseless arguments/things if possible. It will make me look like a total dunce.

Sign in to follow this