You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Abramovich

Cannot play Carriers any more

25 comments in this topic

5 posts
2,002 battles

With latest changes CV are not playable at all. Targeting is very difficult and complicated. I do not understand why I need to target enemy ships two times, first time to enable target and second time to drop bombs or torpedos, this is really difficult. Also AA defenses are very strong and aircraft attack is very low, I cannot even reach enemy ships, my planes got destroyed before an attack. I can deal way more damage to enemy ships just by playing destroyer or cruiser two tiers lower than any cv. Any tier 7 destroyer or cruiser can out damage Midway by far.

Why so many CV disappeared, before we had 1 CV per tier, now we have only 1 CV per two tiers????

575 posts
15,730 battles

Forewarning: you are not going to receive sympathy from some people here.

The reality is wg doesn't care as they believe this change is going to 'make it easier to play cv'. So far to me, it is anything like that and you have summed it up quite well. Also, low tier cv now sucks. Very badly.

I am fortunate to have a Haku which I can attempt to use to sink moskvas in training room but even that is so tedious. But I can feel for the midtier cvs.

See here for more bitching/information:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35040-wows-update-080/

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35541-wargamings-response-to-farazelleths-cv-questions-opinons/

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35219-08-roll-back-date/

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35249-reasons-why-new-carriers-have-ruined-the-fun-in-wows/

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35495-7177/

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35447-reverting-airborne-torpedo-nerfs-as-the-new-flooding-mechanics-coming-next-patch/

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35345-all-of-cv-are-dead-except-hakuryu/

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35194-ichase-flying-shimakaze/

Edited by dejiko_nyo
References

Alpha Tester
891 posts
3,162 battles

Stick with it, once you get good at your weapons, they are the best fun in the game.

You also have to learn what ships you CAN attack and what ships you cannot.

Try to stick to attacking ships of your equal tier until you get better at aiming your weapons, and during the load in screen, mouse over the enemy ships to see their AA ratings 🙂

Beta Tester
2,280 posts
6,849 battles

attack ship that are alone
avoid attacking usn ship when full HP they got full AA, save them when they are low as most AA are knock out by HE spam
mainly attack ship with poor AA. during first half (check stats)

if you think CV is hard, try playing DD.

5 posts
2,002 battles
25 minutes ago, Muds_Revenge said:

Stick with it, once you get good at your weapons, they are the best fun in the game.

You also have to learn what ships you CAN attack and what ships you cannot.

Try to stick to attacking ships of your equal tier until you get better at aiming your weapons, and during the load in screen, mouse over the enemy ships to see their AA ratings 🙂

Why CV player need to try hard if any other type player can destroy all planes automatically with AA. You know how easy is to destroy planes by battleship or cruiser, you do not need to do anything automatic AA just remove them for you. Also i want to attack any ship and i want it easier.

They need to fix targetting to let bomb ships by selecting drop area once without preparation. 

Edited by Abramovich

5 posts
2,002 battles
15 minutes ago, yansuki said:

attack ship that are alone
avoid attacking usn ship when full HP they got full AA, save them when they are low as most AA are knock out by HE spam
mainly attack ship with poor AA. during first half (check stats)

if you think CV is hard, try playing DD.

I play all ships and have many. DD with long range torpedoes are easy, keep distance. turn a lot and spam torpedoes from safe distance, some of them eventually hit targets. Playing CV has no sence. I played CV cause i was curious how new changes looks, but playing it more has no sence now. Battleship is the best bet now, French or UK BB are easy mode now with lot of frags:)

1,743 posts

I sold all of mine, even my Saipan... For now at least, carriers can get stuffed...

All of my free exp & my refunded doubloons will go into something more useful & enjoyable.... Maybe a battleship or 3...

:cap_rambo:

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
2,280 posts
6,849 battles
31 minutes ago, Abramovich said:

Why CV player need to try hard if any other type player can destroy all planes automatically with AA. You know how easy is to destroy planes by battleship or cruiser, you do not need to do anything automatic AA just remove them for you. Also i want to attack any ship and i want it easier.

They need to fix targetting to let bomb ships by selecting drop area once without preparation. 

boo hoo, i lost my planes its the end of the world. meanwhile surface ship who  made same level of mistake will get deleted and sent to next games.

CV only lose planes and can be replenish. while other ship lost their HP  or sunk.

area has heavy AA? move outside AA range and press F then use next plane and try other area. ive seen lots of good cv captain doing those.

29 minutes ago, Abramovich said:

I play all ships and have many. DD with long range torpedoes are easy, keep distance. turn a lot and spam torpedoes from safe distance, some of them eventually hit targets. Playing CV has no sence. I played CV cause i was curious how new changes looks, but playing it more has no sence now. Battleship is the best bet now, French or UK BB are easy mode now with lot of frags:)

>spamming torp at long range hopping it will hit potato bb
that not how dd works. dd are screening ship. scouting for other dd and torps so enemy can push on objective. o wait. CV can scout it without risking their planes too as most larger ship than dd has poor air concealment, CV planes can perma spot enemy CL. CA for friendlies to sink without treat of radar or being spotted by enemy dds. CV can farm spotting damage while attacking too. how convenient.

battleship is more forgiving because of their armor and HP. that doesnt make it easier as its their job to push trough objective and tank damage for the team. USN might have AA but french henri can farm them with IFHE or yamato can lul pen them for days, they have so much superstructure for HE spammer to farm. french has it easier because they got insane AA dps and speed while RN has insane heal. while usn has to suffer due to their poor torpedo protection and weak deck armor.

Alpha Tester
891 posts
3,162 battles

All classes of ships have their nemeses, if CV was any different it would be too OP, so CV Captains SHOULD have to look out for dangerous AA ships.

To say you want as a CV player to be able to just have free reign in battles and attack all and sundry, is reckless.

274 posts
8,910 battles

instead whining, why u dont try to Learn,Adapt and Overcome when play New CV ?
at first i got hard time, but the more i play.... i learn something new....
still on Ranger but i would not reccomend to auto jump to T8 and T10, thats why i exchange all old cv and re unlock from T4....
pick ur target, maen priority is DD and try learn dodge the flak and put your fighter consumable in front of enemy plane......

shot-19.02.17_20.38.02-0646.jpg

shot-19.02.17_20.38.16-0147.jpg

Super Tester
1,179 posts
4,279 battles

Hello. I'm among some of the best nu-CV players on NA server, with an average damage of something like 180,000+, and while I haven't played as many CV games on ASIA server, I can safely say that the gameplay does not significantly differ too much between servers, for CV at least.

1. Consider spending some time watching how other people play CV, preferably players who are really good at them. Considering watching Twitch streams or Youtube videos, see the techniques, maneuvers and tactics they use, and think about how you can incorporate these into your own gameplay. My personal recommendation would be to watch Gaishu_Isshoku's twitch stream - this is the guy who is the #2 top Hakuryu player on NA, #1 top Midway player on NA, and got the mythical 550,000+ damage Hakuryu game.

2. Try utilising the training rooms, and practice your strikes on moving targets. You can create rooms with enemy bots that move, but do not attack, so you can put in as much time as you like to get your bomb drops downpat. Be sure to use a variety of different ships, as they have varying speeds, turning circles, and physical sizes.

3. While the captain skills and equipment upgrades chosen are completely up to the player, you're definitely going to have a better time if you minmax properly, rather than picking subpar choices. Now, the captain skill meta will change from patch to patch, especially in the current environment of constant hotfixes, so expect things to change at any moment. My suggestion would be to focus on the skills and equipment upgrades that provide as much aircraft survivability, if you are having trouble with AA. Also, this is purely my own opinion, but I feel that the "Sight Stabilisation" skill is hot garbage, as the benefits are marginal for the number of points they're asking for.

4. Know which targets to pick, when to strike your targets, and how to approach your targets. This takes a little more explaining than just a simple paragraph, however there are many situations where you don't want to perform a strike, as you'll end up losing more planes than the damage you deal is worth. Generally, you want to avoid Minotaurs and Worcesters like the plague, and strike lone targets where possible. Also, maneuvering around flak clouds wherever possible is a must, as it will significantly improve your ability to deliver the payload to your target before you lose your planes.

I hope these few pointers help out at least a little bit.

20 hours ago, Abramovich said:

Why so many CV disappeared, before we had 1 CV per tier, now we have only 1 CV per two tiers????

For both USN and IJN aircraft carriers, there are future plans to implement a second branch. Refer to this page for more details, specifically the "What will happen to the carriers from uneven tiers?" section, and this page as well, specifically the "Why did you decide to leave only even tiers of aircraft carriers in the game?" section.

Alpha Tester
891 posts
3,162 battles

A lot of winning battles isn't just dealing damage. 

Sometimes I only get 20-30k dmg battle, but spot enemy team for large majority of the battle for teammates, or protect our ships with air support fighters, even simply flying over caps can scare enemy DDs out of the circles.

Or harass them when they pop smoke just by hanging around. If your in torp planes, you can torp into the smoke.

This is usually when my tier 6 CV is meeting tier 7-8 enemy whose AA is too powerful for me to attack. I ALWAYS look at enemy ship lineup during loading screen, see who has worst AA, and you get to learn quickly which ships are good targets.

I really enjoyed the tier 4 USN CV and am now enjoying the tier 6, can't wait for those tiny tims at tier 8 🙂 DD's already hate me lol.

As example yesterday all it took was one brilliant DD teammate to follow my planes, and he scored 3 kills, me 2 as I spotted and dealt damage, and he got to clean up an entire flank.

Thank you, best DD teammate I've had so far.

PS nothing wrong with stock USN torpedo bombers, I love them, more than the IJN. Can't wait for RN.

It took me about 40-50 battles to get the hang of the new CV's, but oh buoy, the game play to a CV is a beautiful thing. Big props to WG!!!.

When you get enemy team DD's writing in chat about how [insert bad words here], you have made it! well done 🙂

Beta Tester
2,280 posts
6,849 battles
11 minutes ago, Muds_Revenge said:

A lot of winning battles isn't just dealing damage. 

Sometimes I only get 20-30k dmg battle, but spot enemy team for large majority of the battle for teammates, or protect our ships with air support fighters, even simply flying over caps can scare enemy DDs out of the circles.

Or harass them when they pop smoke just by hanging around. If your in torp planes, you can torp into the smoke.

This is usually when my tier 6 CV is meeting tier 7-8 enemy whose AA is too powerful for me to attack. I ALWAYS look at enemy ship lineup during loading screen, see who has worst AA, and you get to learn quickly which ships are good targets.

I really enjoyed the tier 4 USN CV and am now enjoying the tier 6, can't wait for those tiny tims at tier 8 🙂 DD's already hate me lol.

As example yesterday all it took was one brilliant DD teammate to follow my planes, and he scored 3 kills, me 2 as I spotted and dealt damage, and he got to clean up an entire flank.

Thank you, best DD teammate I've had so far.

PS nothing wrong with stock USN torpedo bombers, I love them, more than the IJN. Can't wait for RN.

It took me about 40-50 battles to get the hang of the new CV's, but oh buoy, the game play to a CV is a beautiful thing. Big props to WG!!!.

When you get enemy team DD's writing in chat about how [insert bad words here], you have made it! well done 🙂

saw flamu won the game by just dealing with 3 enemy dd. he only deal 40k damage coz he harass enemy dd nonstop. enemy dd cant push and get constantly spotted and eventually sunk. enemy fleet cant push caps and get push by allied ship. he was even killed on his tier VIII RN CV, but they still won they game by simply dealing with dd.

sadly lots of CV player only play to farm damage and boost stats. they never play to win the game. i have games where cv refuse to spot for the team. last few sec. the cv only need to spot the enemy cv. but instead of spotting, they insist on attacking cv with their rockets...

Alpha Tester
891 posts
3,162 battles

yeah hopefully WG will start to give xp for spotting damage to cv and other ship players like DDs when they spot enemy for team.

Some battles I'm spotting enemy DD and he is last DD alive, and I can do one pass and he down to under 1k health, so I'll take that bet with my rockets.

Alpha Tester
891 posts
3,162 battles

Another tip: when you fully upgrade your CV, it's going to be matched as bottom tier more often than not.

When you play stock CV, it's going to be matched as top tier more often than not.

And in 0802 I've found I can deal more damage as a stock tier 4 or 6 USN CV than a fully upgraded one, coz tier 7-8 AA is too powerful, for the tier 6 planes, so you become the spotter/ DD harasser.

If I keep my CV stock, and its top tier, I can torpedo DDs and cruisers, and DB anyone too.

[LNA]
1,765 posts
11,231 battles

The higher you go , the more map dependant CV become. On map with a lot of open spaces and comparatively few islands , Hakuryu & co is king while the opposite is true for USN carriers.

USN have rockets and HE dive bomber that do exceedingly well in ambush and short range harrassment while its torpedo bomber is very strong against lonely BB.

Meanwhile , with open space , Hakuryu and IJN CV can torpedo snipe repeatedly to get damage without risking anything before finishing off with AP dive bomber. The thing is , you never show up on their minimap and on screen , players who are not vigilant will sail right into your long range trap and unlike DD , you can set up chains that are very very difficult to avoid.

21 posts
3,953 battles
On 2/19/2019 at 1:12 PM, yansuki said:

saw flamu won the game by just dealing with 3 enemy dd. he only deal 40k damage coz he harass enemy dd nonstop. enemy dd cant push and get constantly spotted and eventually sunk. enemy fleet cant push caps and get push by allied ship. he was even killed on his tier VIII RN CV, but they still won they game by simply dealing with dd.

sadly lots of CV player only play to farm damage and boost stats. they never play to win the game. i have games where cv refuse to spot for the team. last few sec. the cv only need to spot the enemy cv. but instead of spotting, they insist on attacking cv with their rockets...

The thing is high tier CV economy depends very much on damage done. With such a low average damage high tier CVs tend to lose credits even in a win. Unless they increase the bonus for spotting I guess CV players will continue to play for damage farming...

Beta Tester
2,280 posts
6,849 battles
11 minutes ago, D_for_Detonation said:

The thing is high tier CV economy depends very much on damage done. With such a low average damage high tier CVs tend to lose credits even in a win. Unless they increase the bonus for spotting I guess CV players will continue to play for damage farming...

the things is, WG wont implement those. they make game grindy as possible to make players buy their premium services

like Jim Sterling said. they created a problem, so they can sell you the solution.

21 posts
3,953 battles
5 minutes ago, yansuki said:

the things is, WG wont implement those. they make game grindy as possible to make players buy their premium services

like Jim Sterling said. they created a problem, so they can sell you the solution.

Ya true. But in T10, even with a permanent camo, which cost 5000 dubs, you can still lose credits. This just feels like buying a piece of stone just for the purpose of stoning your own foot, and the "solution" just lead to more spending, which is not sustainable at all.

Beta Tester
2,280 posts
6,849 battles
1 minute ago, D_for_Detonation said:

Ya true. But in T10, even with a permanent camo, which cost 5000 dubs, you can still lose credits. This just feels like buying a piece of stone just for the purpose of stoning your own foot, and the "solution" just lead to more spending, which is not sustainable at all.

that's how WG works comrade XAXAXAXAXA

that's how mafia works.png

835 posts
5,533 battles

THE IRONY!!! IT NEVER ENDS!!!

On 2/21/2019 at 11:23 AM, Paladinum said:

This CV rework is the biggest irony that ever happened to this game. Or at least, how they're handling it.

How to make CVs popular? By making CV gameplay harder and harder every patch/hotfix.

Even-tiered-only CVs is a garbage idea thanks to +2/-2 MM. Constantly buffing AA is not going to help CVs becoming popular. CV-summoned fighters are pointless. CVs now become as selfish as those damage-farming "sniper" BB players.

Automated consumables is also garbage, not just in the mechanic itself is garbage, but aslo in the way WG justified why they did it.

Super Tester
4,193 posts
4,738 battles
8 hours ago, Abramovich said:

CV not playable at all. Damage is very low, targetting is very difficult and not intuitive, maintenance costs are rediculious. Just roll back all latest CV changes.

Yeah.  Lets bring back:

Uber CV on one team annihilating potato on the other team

Dev Strikes. and massive damage rolls.

Permaspotting.

As for costs, well you just get to suck it up like every other T10 player.  Nothing has changed from before 0.8.0.  That's how the economy is designed.   Its forces you back to low tiers or have premium accounts or camo to recover costs from high tier play.  I'm sure if it is shown statistically that CV's are suffering then the economy buffs will follow to bring them back into line.

No one is holding a gun to anyone's heads to play CV's.   If people cant adapt then there are other classes to play.