Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arista_Skyfall

Why does WG force me to lose the majority of battles I join?

48 comments in this topic

2 posts
91 battles

I am a new player who started today.

When I click to join a battle it is me + 9 bots vs 1 player + 9 bots or similar in 100% of battles.

My bots will all die within the first 2 minutes and the bots on the enemy team will kill them unconditionally forcing me to lose. My bots will get no kills and do no damage. Average game duration is about 4-5 minutes.

The bots are programmed by wargaming and placed in the game by wargaming. Wargaming control 80 to 90% of the ships in each battle thus wargaming control the result of each battle I am placed in since there is no possible way for me to do 300k damage and kill all 8-10 ships at tier 4.

After being forced to unconditionally lose over 70% of the games it puts me for over 11 hours straight I am now looking for an AFK bot to afk to tier 10. Since the results of each battle are controlled by wargaming there is no point in me even doing anything at all and I will still lose the same amount of games.

[content removed]

Profanity. User warned.

~Beaufighter

1,741 posts

@Arista_Skyfall

Seriously, if you can't play at tier 1, how do you expect you will play at tier 10?

& if you think its tough playing with stupid bots, wait until you start playing random battles, against real people, that will really turn the heat up...

Playing your first games can be very daunting at first, I know, & the bots are programmed to be dumb, in order for you & any other Human players to sink more enemies, & get the hang of your ship, your team mates, maps & enemy movements....

It can be a very frustrating game to start with...

As a great starting point, I strongly advise you to look up some YouTube videos, & get acquainted with the game..... 

If you look on YouTube there are many such helpful videos , & as you become accustomed to it, there are more advanced videos to look at, such as how to handle certain ships, types of ships etc

In the forums here, from the home button, you should be able to find the newcomers area, where there are great tips , articles & discussion topics....

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/forum/223-newcomers-zone/

As for your post, & certainly in game, you should immediately edit out the swearing, otherwise you will find yourself getting in trouble with the forum moderators, as profanity is neither permitted or welcome, & they come around with a red crayon & edit your post & sanction you.... So you can always look at forum rules, they are usually pinned at the top of each topic menus....

I hope this helps a bit, always remember, if you get frustrated with the game, take a break, have a coffee, go outside , do something else for a bit.... & come back fresh later... Don't let the game make you bald....

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask, there are plenty of people to talk to if you are nice...

Hang in there...

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

2 posts
91 battles

I guess I should make myself more clear. I am playing RANDOM battles. Not co-op, playing against bots is not the issue. The issue is the insane disparity between AI on each side controlling the match results. 90% of each team being AI gives the AI and WG full control over the result of each battle, so when 5-9 of the bots it puts on my team die in the first few minutes due to the enemy bots killing them, that is directly controlling the result of the match. There is nothing i can do in any way shape or form in this world to change the results of any of these battles without some form of literal hack

Edited by Arista_Skyfall

714 posts
7,065 battles
57 minutes ago, Arista_Skyfall said:

I guess you didn't read. Playing against bots is not the issue. The issue is the insane disparity between AI on each side controlling the match results. 90% of each team being AI gives the AI and WG full control over the result of each battle, so when 5-9 of the bots it puts on my team die in the first few minutes due to the enemy bots killing them, that is directly controlling the result of the match. There is nothing i can do in any way shape or form in this world to change the results of any of these battles without some form of literal hack.

Edit: Ok, you edited and elaborated you post after I started this, so you can disregard the below. I was confused because you said that WG were controlling bots on both teams. When WG does not control ANY bots in Random.

As Ordrazz said above, bots on your team in co-op are designed to be dumber than the enemy, to enable the human players to truely master their ships. WG doesn’t want you to be carried by bots.

You see, Co-op is designed as a practice room, to learn how to use your ship. WG arn’t too concerned with how things work in it.

For players, there are two main camps concerning co-op.

First camp is the PvPers. Co-op doesn’t matter for them. It’s a practice ground, nothing more. They are not too concerned with what happens there, and will happily take their skills and slaughter a whole team of bots solo.

Second camp is the PvEers. And they take Co-op seriously, as it is the main mode they play. And again, they will take their skills and happily slaughter all bots. The more bots on their team, the more kills for them.

Idealy, a co-op team will be a full team of humans vs a bot team. But that doesn’t happen all the time because of lack of players. A few human players should be able to beat a full bot team without too much trouble. Bots are pretty simple, and after a while, you can predict what they will do. It is unfortunate that most of your battles seem to be just you, but that’s probably to do with the time of day you are playing.

Not to be mean or anything, but it’s not really worth pushing this issue. The solution does seem to be ‘git gud’. As you get higher teirs, you’ll probably find more human players. The most popular ones are the middle teirs.

And at the very least, it’s training you for when you play random, and you find that, despite being human, the rest of your team are potatoes, and you’re up against 12 HUMAN players.

Fair seas and don’t let the salt get to you.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

714 posts
7,065 battles
36 minutes ago, Arista_Skyfall said:

I guess I should make myself more clear. I am playing RANDOM battles. Not co-op, playing against bots is not the issue. The issue is the insane disparity between AI on each side controlling the match results. 90% of each team being AI gives the AI and WG full control over the result of each battle, so when 5-9 of the bots it puts on my team die in the first few minutes due to the enemy bots killing them, that is directly controlling the result of the match. There is nothing i can do in any way shape or form in this world to change the results of any of these battles without some form of literal hack

... But random is supposed to be 12 HUMAN players VS 12 HUMAN players. There should not BE any bots. Yes, sometimes due to lack of players the matchmaker will be weird and either mismatch ship types or have less that 12 players per side. But in any case, WG should NOT be controlling ANY of the ships on either side.

Its probably either potatoes, or other new players who are not that good yet.

If it’s a problem regarding other team being far more skilled than your team, that’s a Matchmaker problem. There are dozens of threads regarding that problem already.

If it’s players using ‘bot accounts’, then the answer is to report them to the mods. There is a stuck thread in general discussions. Only the mods can read it. Do not under any circumstances do any naming and shaming in other threads.

Otherwise, post some videos here (edit out names). And see what others think. A picture says a thousand words.

467 posts
5,704 battles

Welcome to WoWS.

You are currently playing random battles in a sandboxed area for newbies. If there are not enough new players in the matchmaking queue, and if what you say is correct then wargaming is filling the rest of both teams with bots to make up the numbers.

That is a problem, though technically you still stand a 50/50 chance of winning since the other guy is facing the same difficulties.

The basic issue though is not enough new players are playing the game at the same time as you. Suggest playing at a more popular time, and finish up quickly to get out the sandbox. Note that when you do though, you are going to lose even harder for a while since you'll now have to face experienced sealclubbers like me. :fish_viking:

Edited by Rina_Pon

825 posts
5,512 battles
2 hours ago, Arista_Skyfall said:

How can there be AI in Random?

I'm thoroughly and comprehensively confused.

560 posts
15,694 battles

WTF. Sense making this does not.

All I can say is Coop 100% win rate means your bots are covering your asses.

Random WR: your team is not covering your ass.

Super Tester
4,180 posts
4,726 battles

Small sample size does not mean much.  Wait until you get a few hundred games under your belt and are playing in pure random games with players who line hug, go AFK, yolo, team kill, launch torps in your direction, don't use chat,  run from caps when points a need to win, flee to protect their health.  blow smoke early, don't smoke up at all, use AP on angled enemies, use low calibre he on BB's,  Shoot to ruin thei concealment. Drive BBs into your smoke so you get targeted and a further 200 really dumb things that some players do.

AND then come and tell us how bad the bots really were.

1,741 posts

He is a NEW player, so he isn't really facing any human players as enemies, as @Rina_Pon said, he is in a sandbox environment, not the open & wild full version of randoms like us.....

I can't remember when new players get into the open world, isn't it like 50 battles or something?

Even then, he won't get into sealclubber land until like 100 battles or so iirc, as they are protected by greenies....

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

714 posts
7,065 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

He is a NEW player, so he isn't really facing any human players as enemies, as @Rina_Pon said, he is in a sandbox environment, not the open & wild full version of randoms like us.....

I can't remember when new players get into the open world, isn't it like 50 battles or something?

Even then, he won't get into sealclubber land until like 100 battles or so iirc, as they are protected by greenies....

Ordrazz

Well... It’s been a while since we were new players... I guess we just forgot the challenges for newbies...

1,741 posts
32 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Well... It’s been a while since we were new players... I guess we just forgot the challenges for newbies...

Hmmm you're right.... Been in game since 2015, well over 10,000 battles....  But I still sail in t 2-3 ships :Smile_trollface:

I remember in my erie how excited I was to shoot such a long distance , & to watch it actually land on an enemy ship, & it was even more exciting having start a fire....

& how I learnt to team play in my st Louis, which was the main ship I wanted, I learnt to not charge ahead of the fleet & get focussed on, & how different ship types have their roles to play (BBs, cruisers, DDs) & my job in a cruiser was to go in with the battleships & support them by using HE, & to ward off destroyers, & my first battleship South Carolina, & then the Wyoming, & I remember how frustrated I was with my stock New York...

Let's not forget the ship that nearly made me quit..... kitikami, with its bullshit wall of torpedoes, come up against a div of those..

Then there were new DD & cruiser players lobbing off torpedoes at you as soon as the game started ..... Ahh the good old days.....

Ordrazz

37 posts
18,542 battles

Its been years since my last T1 game.. many changes since that
Was it half of HP pool for each T1 ships from the old times?
There only one type of shells, HE.

Once moved to T2, horror started.. new players eager to torp as they didn't learn how much the distance are and always.. you will expected to get torp from behind from an ally, especially DD or a Tenryu

Well welcome aboard and fair seas

[SEARN]
24 posts
10,618 battles

The green bots are useless:  They are designed to lose against the red bots, hoping that you will have  a human somewhere in the green bot team.  However, when it's you and 7 other green bots it IS very frustrating.

I've seen bots protect a cap on the other side of the map which has already been capped by the team and do nothing to help you , (a single ship) against 6 other red bots.

All I'm suggesting is that the Ai. people/testers in WOW need to perhaps look at the green bot team and at least give them a smidgen of some kind of intelligence so that when a human is playing with an all bot green team you don't have to rescue all the green bots and try to keep them alive.

Anyhow it's something to think about.   As for humans against humans in Random,.....they are all idiots lol  😛

[HKENL]
77 posts
6,869 battles
On 2/17/2019 at 11:36 PM, Paladinum said:

bots could be added for new player in random battles

[HKENL]
77 posts
6,869 battles
18 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz

I think he goes too fast.  Look at his stats, he just played total 56 random battles started from T3 to T5 now. 

He should plays more in lower tier instead of jump to T4/T5.

I have played total 6xx battles in T2/T3

Edited by da189

[INRC]
45 posts
3,917 battles
On 2/17/2019 at 10:36 PM, Paladinum said:

When you are new (under level 5 if I am not mistaken), you can join Random Battles with the unbalanced participants replaced by bots.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:33 PM, Arista_Skyfall said:

You know you should be grateful.

1. You play on "Random Battle". That means you reap more EXP and Credit more than you can get at Co-Op battle, with difficulty level is at the same as Co-Op ones (As if you are very lucky to get all participants are bots and you are the only human).

2. They are bots!!! C'mon, that is your golden moments to get yourself a "Kraken Unleashed" achievement! (Sink 5 ships!). That will be something you desperate about in latter levels.

3. All bots! Thats the chance you can play as you like, drive anywhere you want, and do stupid things without anybody bitching on you.

Conclusion: Don't complain for the hardship you have. What you have now is a very golden moment. I wish I can have battles like yours in my current situation.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[INRC]
45 posts
3,917 battles
10 minutes ago, chicony56 said:

you are under the misconception that bots on your team have intelligence

they do not

you are also under the misconception that the live players on your team have intelligence

they do not

No I don't.

Why I say you could get a Kraken Unleash? Because your bot friends are dumb.

For also the second statement: No I don't.

Thats the golden moment for nobody can shoot right. They are sand sack tanking the shell. You do reap the score.

Things are ALL way worse when they do have "intelligence". That means: competition. You can't reap good kill score if everybody on your team is very good to make kills. 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[1NATN]
502 posts
16,930 battles

I foresee a bright future for the OP.

I recently made a new account on SEA under a pseudonym just to play some of the early tiers again and I didn't have the sort of problems you're having. At times like this it's useful to remember the problem might be you.

pseudo.png

Edited by Bex_o7

Sign in to follow this