Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TinDingo

Question - Can you play carriers only with the mouse?

13 comments in this topic

18 posts
5,328 battles

Hi Captains.

I fell off of the roof 3 weeks ago and smashed my left wrist and elbow - the rest of me is perfectly fine.

Netflix and You Tube just don't cut it anymore as far a pain management goes so I am desperate for a distraction.

So, can I play CVs (PVE, tier 4) only with the mouse?

Thanks

[KAMI]
1,076 posts
10,677 battles

You know cv now move using WASD right and not the old RTS..

Just leave wows while you recuperate

Get well Soon so i can see you in battle 😉

18 posts
5,328 battles
1 hour ago, Gummilicious said:

You know cv now move using WASD right and not the old RTS..

Just leave wows while you recuperate

Get well Soon so i can see you in battle 😉

I was thinking I could use Auto Pilot to move the hull.

Its the aircraft I am asking about.

[CLAY]
1,601 posts
9,497 battles
1 hour ago, TinDingo said:

I was thinking I could use Auto Pilot to move the hull.

Its the aircraft I am asking about.

Since Patch 0.8.0, which was launched at the end of January, the carrier’s aircraft are now directly controlled by the WASD keys.

Its part of the CV rework; To make aircraft carriers easier to use for newer players, and more balanced.

It has not been going great.

[TF44]
358 posts
3,426 battles
3 hours ago, TinDingo said:

Hi Captains.

I fell off of the roof 3 weeks ago and smashed my left wrist and elbow - the rest of me is perfectly fine.

Netflix and You Tube just don't cut it anymore as far a pain management goes so I am desperate for a distraction.

So, can I play CVs (PVE, tier 4) only with the mouse?

Thanks

Having been told by my doctors, "On no account are you to get up on the roof". I can only comiserate with you and your unfortunate accident.

Perhaps the following may give you a laugh and you can look on the funny side for a little while:-

Youre-right.-Humans-dont-land-on-their-feet-2-cats-on-the-roof.jpg.30f25f856bda5256065d3a5d1cd2b46e.jpg

Cheer's. And hope your back in action soon.

Alex B_T23

• Funny 2

18 posts
5,328 battles
17 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Having been told by my doctors, "On no account are you to get up on the roof". I can only comiserate with you and your unfortunate accident.

Perhaps the following may give you a laugh and you can look on the funny side for a little while:-

Youre-right.-Humans-dont-land-on-their-feet-2-cats-on-the-roof.jpg.30f25f856bda5256065d3a5d1cd2b46e.jpg

Cheer's. And hope your back in action soon.

Alex B_T23

LOL

I am very grateful that I did not land on my dog!

It could have been a lot worse.

Fun fact...
The number one cause of accidents by far for middle aged men is ladders.

• Cool 1

18 posts
5,328 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Since Patch 0.8.0, which was launched at the end of January, the carrier’s aircraft are now directly controlled by the WASD keys.

Its part of the CV rework; To make aircraft carriers easier to use for newer players, and more balanced.

It has not been going great.

Well that's disappointing.

I have been following the rework and thought you steer the planes with the mouse for some reason.

Thanks.

Edited by TinDingo

[ASALT]
23 posts
14,071 battles

You can control squadrons with the mouse.

However, it is fine control only and will have no affect on airspeed.

Coarse control and speed are controlled with WASD, so it will require both hands.

If it makes you feel any better, I always feel that the mouse is fighting my keyboard for control of the squadrons......

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,757 battles

I would have loved to see a full mouse control option to be honest. Would have been helping in fine tuning my entire approach...it feels really clunky with the current hybrid system

[CLAY]
1,601 posts
9,497 battles
10 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I would have loved to see a full mouse control option to be honest. Would have been helping in fine tuning my entire approach...it feels really clunky with the current hybrid system

I have yet to work out how the mouse has any effect on steering. Seems to do absolutely nothing apart from mouse click to go in to attack mode and again to launch payload. Is there some button you need to hold?

[ULAG]
905 posts
8,757 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I have yet to work out how the mouse has any effect on steering. Seems to do absolutely nothing apart from mouse click to go in to attack mode and again to launch payload. Is there some button you need to hold?

Nah no button press needed, it is always on by default(which is problematic for regular movement, i.e. when you are not doing an attack run, as looking left or right will make your squadron turn unless you force it to go forward with A/D key)

Mouse is meant to be used for small adjustments during movement.  It is supposed to come in handy when you are doing last moment turnings during the attack run... but the way it is implemented, it feels more like a struggle than convenience...

Edited by _TAMAL_

[CLAY]
1,601 posts
9,497 battles
12 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Nah no button press needed, it is always on by default(which is problematic for regular movement, i.e. when you are not doing an attack run, as looking left or right will make your squadron turn unless you force it to go forward with A/D key)

Mouse is meant to be used for small adjustments during movement.  It is supposed to come in handy when you are doing last moment turnings during the attack run... but the way it is implemented, it feels more like a struggle than convenience...

Okay, just played a game in the Langley. Sort of see it, but its subtle. Even more so when you have the kind of latency I usually have.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this