Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JhSklt

No more Noob

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
1 post
2,221 battles

No more Noob

I am really tired of seeing players calling other players "Noob", especially when attached to a profanity.

Everybody has to learn.  Everybody has to get used to new ships, higher tiers, different maps, etc.  

I often see comments such as "go and play CoOp".  We all know there is a massive gulf in difficulty between CoOp and Random, you cannot learn how to play to a decent level on CoOp.

Guess what, for the duration of a game your team are your allies.  If you think somebody is heading into danger help them, advise them, avail them of your experience.  Sitting there after they have died and calling them "Noob" will not help anybody.

Every day is a school day, and sometimes even really good players have a horrendous game.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
403
[LBAS]
Member
1,402 posts

dude, don't let those word get you.

they just a bunch of kid who don't know how to spell 'manner' and 'civil'

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
832
[HMAS_]
Member
1,947 posts
13,443 battles

I am noob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles

I am also noob.

And so is my wife.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,324 posts
11,903 battles

If the word *noob* is profanity to you then, Online world isn't the place for you. because there's always someone with better insult which would hurt more and even more.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
832
[HMAS_]
Member
1,947 posts
13,443 battles
5 hours ago, JhSklt said:

  I often see comments such as "go and play CoOp".  We all know there is a massive gulf in difficulty between CoOp and Random, you cannot learn how to play to a decent level on CoOp.

Guess what, for the duration of a game your team are your allies.  If you think somebody is heading into danger help them, advise them, avail them of your experience.  Sitting there after they have died and calling them "Noob" will not help anybody.

 

The reason why the noobs are advised to play co-op, is so they can effectively learn how to handle & operate their ship, & practice supporting team mates, & how to utilise the maps in a safe & un-interfering (to fellow players)  environment, this is especially true when we see noobs in higher tier ships go charging off at the start of the match, only to get splattered within the first 2 minutes, this often demonstrates that they don't know their ship or the team mate ships, & are no good to the team as a flaming wreck....

 

As to the next statement, this is all well & good in theory, but a great deal of the players in the Asia server play selfishly, they only consider what they are going to do, & bugger everybody else, they just happen to Be in the same match......

This is clearly demonstrated when the noob sails away from his spawn point, in a direct line to go & cluster with others on the other side of the map , leaving his own side severely depleted in available ships, which usually results in handing the enemy that side of the map.... Another way to spot noobs is to see them all sit in their own cap circle midway through the game with full health, trying to snipe or launch torpedoes at enemies far away, these noobs are only interested in preserving their own paintwork & are useless in the battle...

You can "advise them, guide them & help them see" as much as you like, but it isn't going to make any difference because often they are stubborn & won't listen anyway, & then they cry when they are sunk...

So the only un-profane way of responding, is to say it like it is to them.... "Nooooooooobbbbbss"

 

Ordrazz

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[TF44]
Member
194 posts
7,849 battles
28 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

 

The reason why the noobs are advised to play co-op, is so they can effectively learn how to handle & operate their ship, & practice supporting team mates, & how to utilise the maps in a safe & un-interfering (to fellow players)  environment, this is especially true when we see noobs in higher tier ships go charging off at the start of the match, only to get splattered within the first 2 minutes, this often demonstrates that they don't know their ship or the team mate ships, & are no good to the team as a flaming wreck....

 

As to the next statement, this is all well & good in theory, but a great deal of the players in the Asia server play selfishly, they only consider what they are going to do, & bugger everybody else, they just happen to Be in the same match......

This is clearly demonstrated when the noob sails away from his spawn point, in a direct line to go & cluster with others on the other side of the map , leaving his own side severely depleted in available ships, which usually results in handing the enemy that side of the map.... Another way to spot noobs is to see them all sit in their own cap circle midway through the game with full health, trying to snipe or launch torpedoes at enemies far away, these noobs are only interested in preserving their own paintwork & are useless in the battle...

You can "advise them, guide them & help them see" as much as you like, but it isn't going to make any difference because often they are stubborn & won't listen anyway, & then they cry when they are sunk...

So the only un-profane way of responding, is to say it like it is to them.... "Nooooooooobbbbbss"

 

Ordrazz

 

Let's say that everyone else decide to go left from spawn. It can be a close judgment call whether to try and cap with zero support but more likely get focused and die quickly, which is not much fun. Most occassions when I have elected to "change lanes" has turned out to be the right call.

That being said, I tend to play conservatively, and it probably is reflected somewhat in my WR.

While we're at it, some Internet Tough Guys seem to think just because you drive boat X (e.g. Black) that you are a unicum and will carry all. 

Oh yeh, I AM NOOB.

ITGs love to trash talk and abuse rather than to coach.

Edited by scottme
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,048
[CLAY]
Member
1,623 posts
9,517 battles

Much as I hate to admit it, I’m a noob.

@Ordrazz makes some good points. But Ordrazz can clearly identify noobish behaviour, and will use it correctly. A lot of ‘noob’ calling, or ‘trash team’ talk that I see, comes from players who are just salty and bitter that they died because the team didn’t play as well as they expected to.

Basically, the word ‘noob’ just gets thrown around too much.

And while the suggestion “go play co-op” is fine for suggesting people should learn how to handle their ships, sometimes you didn’t die becuas you didn’t handle your ship well, sometimes you were just outplayed by the enemy ship.

And Ordrazz? If I’m in a bottom tier ship (especially a cruiser, but also a slow BB) and I see almost my entire team go to the other flank. If I ping them to watch the other flank, or suggest in chat, and they still ignore it, I reserve the right to follow and not look stupid by dying because I went out on my own with no support. Although if I’m in a DD, I will probably try anyway.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,403
[TLS]
Member
2,369 posts
17,927 battles

FYI, in 10k coop games, I have rarely seen this "go and learn in coop" attitude. The majority of these "learners" just play as they usually do.

The issue is the same across all the mode: lack of situational awareness and adaptation to the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310
[SMOKE]
Member
904 posts
11,935 battles

In most cases, a team had upward of 8 to 12 people, and each and everyone might or might not know the others ( more likely not ) and all play different, IMHO most who call others NOOB or such is more a reflection of they expecting others to play a certain THEIR style but the other players not doing that .. and there's usually good reason why but of course these people are not there to reason and usually they are not communicating their intent either ; playing DD I've encounter so many of these ... I've had CA who refuse to sail forth to support but keep asking the unsupported DD to go scout, spot and cap despite there is apparent PUSH by the enemy team into an Area ... 

A lot of the time it stems from the fact that these players had only consider what they could gain from others but had not consider what the others might face in the due course ... or whether the other players had the capacity and ability to do the said duty .. some players are self aware of their limitation and would not be playing the high demand duty knowing that he/she cannot fulfill the task, in this case they then were termed Noobs , without much justification

pre-conception of ships role and capacity is usually the core reason that cause people t misjudge ... I seldom use the term Noob and in the few case I do , I am seeing very apparent Noobish behavior. I do not think the term really deserve any others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,403
[TLS]
Member
2,369 posts
17,927 battles

@MechforiWhat you just said can be summarized in the following sentence: Lack of teamwork. :Smile-_tongue: 

Really there is no one way to play. You adapt to situation, not expect the situation to adapt to you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,246
[TDA]
Super Tester
4,872 posts
5,692 battles

The sooner you accept that you are fighting 23 enemies every game you will be better off.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
832
[HMAS_]
Member
1,947 posts
13,443 battles

@Grygus_Triss you're just a noob, & you are trying to impinge me with your noobish tendencies....

Go & play co-op, you NOOB !!!

:etc_red_button:

:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Ordrazz
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
516
[BZ]
Member
701 posts
19,634 battles

I'm most often called a noob by people who have historically won roughly four out of every ten games they've participated in. It's classic projection.

There is something to be said for using Co-op to build familiarity, however. For example, I used Co-op to try CVs post rework rather than inflict my lack of expertise on real players. Not until I'm at least competent in that role will I do otherwise. So whilst the advice to "go play Co-op" may not be delivered in a well meaning manner, there is some value to be had from it.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310
[SMOKE]
Member
904 posts
11,935 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

@MechforiWhat you just said can be summarized in the following sentence: Lack of teamwork. :Smile-_tongue: 

Really there is no one way to play. You adapt to situation, not expect the situation to adapt to you.

@dejiko_nyo well it always happen to be so .. for most BB and CA player had a mentality that others had to work around them not the game itself, as a primary DD / CL player I had seen so many time CA and BB just out for their own hunt and damage farming the basically all but forget the other duties .. not care to support capping even when the points is sowing the need, running ll wide out in Epic Center, while keep asking the others to go dead center zone ... or keep asking for intellegence but would not go forth themselves .. I cannot see teamwork in these guys , and so do the light force, had seen that too, DD that would not sail forth even knowing its safe. I think we all know about adapting to situations, but this Noob naming is not really part of tha .. its about the interaction or lack of between players mostly .. that's how I see it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
390 posts
5,064 battles

Everyone in World of Warships starts worse by default. In my first 3 months of gameplay at 300 battles I was sitting at 44% winrate. Discovering a statistic tracking site (asia.warships.today is down but wows-numbers works) gave me the harsh truth: I was bad. And because I knew I was bad, I tried to learn the game mechanics until I got to my current level of play- Feel free to check my performance. And to this day I still feel the drive to improve.

But some people downplay that information. They ignore it. They put it aside. They think that stat sites shame them, instead of seeing them as resources to analyse. They blame the team every time even when at ~1500 games, their overall winrates aren't even 50... no, 48 or even below 45%. They pretend it isn't their fault that their average damage is only like 20000 despite having ships at tier 10.  They spam their way through the game, tens of poor games per day, without the correct thought process. They may even lie to themselves that they are improving.

They are a liability to every team they are on who gives the enemy more damage than they'll ever deal.

I'm willing to bet that 75% of the playerbase doesn't understand the game properly or don't progress in skill level, and 67% do not have an approach to ever do so.

If noone ever reaches out to them, 75% of the playerbase will bear the brunt of chat fury. Sometimes by genuine good players and sometimes by people as bad or worse than them. Sometimes it is justified, sometimes it is not. And this breeds a bad attitude- In times when genuine criticism is given, it is ignored.

It's a vicious cycle.

If you get called out often, see who does it. If they have credible play and overall performance, sometimes you might just find some worthwhile advice from them.

Edited by InterconKW
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,403
[TLS]
Member
2,369 posts
17,927 battles

One more thing: Don't send them into coop where it ruins the fun for others - tell them to go use the Training Room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[TF44]
Member
194 posts
7,849 battles

One thing to remember about WR is that because of uber unicuims, the mode is maybe 45-47 (i.e. peak count of players around a particular % WR)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
404 posts
3,047 battles

Well said op!  I take it as a compliment since I proved one wrong in one match where I came in the top 3 while the player who called me noob hit rock bottom. It was funny watching him lose his sh*t because I did exactly what he told me not to do...pfft..as if I was bound by oath to obey some random stranger's commands lmao.  Do what you want to do to win even if they (strangers) disapprove of it. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
281 posts
7,251 battles

Just laugh at them and mention you only ever here that comment from the true noobs, and it's true. 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
832
[HMAS_]
Member
1,947 posts
13,443 battles

I think I've come across most of these noobs in this thread,  in battle one time or another.....

I can feel the noobish energy rising,  & there are too many noobs in random battles......

 

.......... Must ........suppress........... My...........inner...................... NOOB......................

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

.............trying .........to.......break..........free.........

 

:Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena:

 

Somebody..........help..........me......

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310
[SMOKE]
Member
904 posts
11,935 battles
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I think I've come across most of these noobs in this thread,  in battle one time or another.....

I can feel the noobish energy rising,  & there are too many noobs in random battles......

 

.......... Must ........suppress........... My...........inner...................... NOOB......................

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

.............trying .........to.......break..........free.........

 

:Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena:

 

Somebody..........help..........me......

 

as the old axiom goes .. if you can't beat them ; join them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,373 posts
7,238 battles

you know what i hate the most? $%^& stupid people at high tier.


2 donskoi. 1 minotaur. why they are so afraid to use radar. 11km radar. 20 enough to deal with a minotaur on smoke... yet they refuse. if those people are not noob then what are they?

if you reach tier IX without knowing basic rock, scissor and paper of ships. then better off playing with AI. instead of taking space on random match queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
186
Member
456 posts
5,376 battles

I see we're back to the usual SEA Forum business of random, hilarious threads after that windstorm of a CV rework.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×