Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

71.77%

39 comments in this topic

560 posts
8,462 battles

So out of 300 players who voted in the thread about this patch, 71.77% of them hate this patch.

From what I have read that is mostly because of all the CV's now in this game and the negative impact they have on every battle.

It appears the players have voiced their opinion WG, question is, what are you going to do about it?

At the least can you please fix the port lag?

I would suggest you add a "no cv" option so that the majority of us dont have to deal with garbage CV games. 

647 posts
7,548 battles
28 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

At the least can you please fix the port lag?

They are working on a fix for port lag in test server 0.8.1...wanna know what the fix is? "Slowing down animation to compensate for the lag"...:Smile_trollface:

28 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

I would suggest you add a "no cv" option so that the majority of us dont have to deal with garbage CV games. 

Would love to have that... but then the 28.23% who are happy with the patch will come and focus fire me till I sink...:Smile_hiding:

Edited by _TAMAL_

560 posts
8,462 battles
5 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

They are working on a fix for port lag in test server 0.8.1...wanna know what the fix is? "Slowing down animation to compensate for the lag"...:Smile_trollface:

I've never seen a game work my GPU harder in port/menu than it does actually playing the game!

647 posts
7,548 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

I've never seen a game work my GPU harder in port/menu than it does actually playing the game!

I wonder when they'll update the game engine tho...it is getting super old. Atleast they can do something like they did with WoT.

723 posts
7,117 battles

I doubt WG will do anything.

WG would probably just think that the 210 or so players that hate it are just the noisy minority, or think that they haven’t given the game a chance yet, or that it’s just a knee jerk reaction to change, or that it’s far too soon to make a judgement and maybe wait a few months until all the hot fixes and subsequent patch changes come though. Or some other excuse.

Either way I don’t think CVs are leaving anytime soon, best we can hope for is people get bored and stop playing them (I already don’t play them due to the same problem I had with the old ones. Latency does not mix well with something that requires split second timing).

I still think that WG changed CVs because 1. They really want CVs in every battle. And; 2. They want to destroy the concealment meta.

Anyway, I’ve stopped caring. I’m somewhat confident that WG will eventually balance the game so that surface ships are ‘safe-ish’ from planes, and that once the hype dies down, you may expect a CV in every second game.

560 posts
8,462 battles
10 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I doubt WG will do anything.

WG would probably just think that the 210 or so players that hate it are just the noisy minority, or think that they haven’t given the game a chance yet, or that it’s just a knee jerk reaction to change, or that it’s far too soon to make a judgement and maybe wait a few months until all the hot fixes and subsequent patch changes come though. Or some other excuse.

Either way I don’t think CVs are leaving anytime soon, best we can hope for is people get bored and stop playing them (I already don’t play them due to the same problem I had with the old ones. Latency does not mix well with something that requires split second timing).

I still think that WG changed CVs because 1. They really want CVs in every battle. And; 2. They want to destroy the concealment meta.

Anyway, I’ve stopped caring. I’m somewhat confident that WG will eventually balance the game so that surface ships are ‘safe-ish’ from planes, and that once the hype dies down, you may expect a CV in every second game.

You are kidding right? CV can't be balanced with surface ships, that's the whole problem.

You have planes moving around at 5 times the speed of ships spotting everything.

The concealment meta is all DD's have to survive, especially those not lucky enough to get a heal.

That 210 players is out of only 300 that voted, that's not a minority mate, that's a massive majority!

Watch a few different streams and read the comments in chat, most say the same thing no matter what server-they all hate cv meta and how its effected the game too much.

647 posts
7,548 battles
21 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

WG changed CVs because their Marketing Department said so...as simple as that:Smile-_tongue:

560 posts
8,462 battles
Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

@dieselheadYou can also quote the NA poll results as well which shows the sentiment is similar across the servers. EU I have not seen such a poll though.

WG is just like society, ignore the majority so they don't upset the minority. I doubt EU would be any different.

1,211 posts
5,713 battles

I try revert my shimakaze into use 12 and 8 km torp

the results is i'm become most pathetic ship in the team.

my attack can't reach enemy ship, my AA can't shoot down any plane, my smoke can't cover my team or myself, CV can kill me in 2 wave... with it speed I don't even have a chance to relocated.

(sigh)..... I going back to use 20 km torp and just spam all days long.

be it before or after rework, CV is still cancer in my book.

Edited by PGM991

647 posts
7,548 battles
1 minute ago, PGM991 said:

be it before or after rework, CV is still cancer in my book.

They were always cancer. Anything that requires more than one ship to fully counter is a Cancer IMO

91 posts

There will always be some facts with every major updates. This update was massive as it changed playstyle, spec, new fronts, adoptation all kind of changes. So this level if disagreement was expected from player base.

Its mostly negative I agree. But hey look at the bright side, they are fixing/ addressing these issues according to player feedback. Its hard to listen to all of them at once so they are fixing which issues are requested by most.

When CV rework shit resolves another issue will rise with new update. This is how it is, A dynamic process and it will never stop arising. 

647 posts
7,548 battles
16 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

They address it in 0.8.1. Finally.

Yeah but not the way it is supposed to be...:Smile-_tongue: Look up the #2 post

1,278 posts
10,842 battles
2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

So out of 300 players who voted in the thread about this patch, 71.77% of them hate this patch.

"We will side with 29.33%"

- WG

723 posts
7,117 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

You are kidding right? CV can't be balanced with surface ships, that's the whole problem.

You have planes moving around at 5 times the speed of ships spotting everything.

The concealment meta is all DD's have to survive, especially those not lucky enough to get a heal.

That 210 players is out of only 300 that voted, that's not a minority mate, that's a massive majority!

Watch a few different streams and read the comments in chat, most say the same thing no matter what server-they all hate cv meta and how its effected the game too much.

I’m not saying it’s a minority. I’m saying I think that’s the sort of excuse WG would come up with to ignor what the players are saying. Assuming they even give us an excuse.

I just figure that eventually WG will have to tweak things enough that surface ships are playable. Though DDs may still be thrown to the dogs. I’m just hoping that the playerbase gets sick of the new CVs so that we only have them maximum in every second battle. Judging by what so many people said about the new CVs playstyle being boring and grindy , I hope this holds true.

And yes, I agree trying to balance CVs and surface ships is a near impossible task. CVs dominated naval battles for a reason. They should never have been added to the game, but now that they are here, I don’t think they should be removed.

For the most part, I’m just trying to find positives and be hopeful, since I feel it’s better than banging my hands against the keyboard complaining that the game is ruinined. That would just make me feel bad, I’d leave the community and find a new game before I started that.

723 posts
7,117 battles
1 hour ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

"We will side with 29.33%"

- WG

This is the problem with samples like this. I’m very certain that there are more than 300 players in the game, on this server alone, let alone the others, which have far more people.

So 300 is not really a representation of the whole player base.

Now, you could argue that the people who voted, small sample size that it is, is an even representation of every other player. I.e of the thousands of people that play the game, 70% hate the rework because 70% of 300 players hate it.

This could be true. Except when you take into account the sort of people who voted. Forum contributors.

Now, there are many people who come here because they have a problem or complaint. They have an issue with the game, and come here to voice their concern and either find a solution, or a sympathetic ear. People who are happy and enjoying the game (do those people exist?) are less likely to come here (IMO).

So, yeah, the people who voted are more likely to be the type to complain (only because they want the game to improve, of course) to begin with, and may not be an accurate portrayal of the entire playerbase, since it is not really a ‘random’ sample.

Of course, it may also be very accurate. The point is, 300 is really not enough data to properly make a judgement. We need more data from more sources!

To make a change for thousands based on the opinions of 300 is madness!

Edited by Grygus_Triss

829 posts
5,528 battles
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Yeah but not the way it is supposed to be...:Smile-_tongue: Look up the #2 post

I said "address" not "fix" :Smile_teethhappy:

The last time WG tried to fix something severely broken, the fanbase want to revert it... Wait, that sounds familiar...

647 posts
7,548 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I said "address" not "fix" :Smile_teethhappy:

The last time WG tried to fix something severely broken, the fanbase want to revert it... Wait, that sounds familiar...

That's so true though...:Smile_veryhappy:

723 posts
7,117 battles
12 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

The strongest way to get your message through, is STOP PAYING and STOP PLAYING.

And while you’re at it, stop posting. Why you would post in a forum for a game you don’t play though, I have no idea.

1,211 posts
5,713 battles

the change in WoWs didn't stop me from playing, but it stop me from paying... "Completely"

in fact, I've stop spending any money ever since cheat program radar were implemented.

and now the balance breaker CV .... (sigh)

hell, even gacha game (FGO) still worth the money than current WoWs.   =w='a

Edited by PGM991

Sign in to follow this