Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptnJonah_1

how many players actually like new cv play

11 comments in this topic

4 posts

up front I don't like it .reason I prefer the old style as you support team with fighters could have more than one attack happening a  time better control of ship plane s could loiter waiting for opportunities just a few reasons,yes it needed work but was more in style with fighting your ship

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles

I think one guy liked it. 

But he left.

• Funny 1

[AAADD]
81 posts

Hate this new CV rework. The old tactical CV play was so much better.

You can't even control the ship unless you land your planes.

• Cool 1

[AUSDF]
12 posts

Totally not a fan of the initial rework with CV's and AA or the later supposed hotfixes.  As I've stated already in other posts my Anti-Air warfare ships have been dumbed down noticeably.  Their effective ranges have been reduced from 7.2 km down to 5.8 km and lower. 

What especially pisses me off is that WOWS decided to modify the way my premium cruiser Atlanta used to work and behave.  You get used to a style of play with a particular ship.  A premium ship I bought with money thinking oh lordy, lordy that'll be a great addition to my stable of thoroughbreds.  Well sorry punters the air threat now is ridiculous in the extreme, dd's and other light cruisers are now rocket, bomb & torp fodder.  Seriously, how does a flight of bombers kill in one salvo a Des Moine 1 minute into a game??

I am seriously in a quandary - do I walk away from this bullcrap and lose hundreds of dollars???!!!

[HMAS_]
1,947 posts
13,443 battles

They are trying to merge all of their games into one.....

Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles
10 hours ago, Robert_Redbeard said:

I am seriously in a quandary - do I walk away from this bullcrap and lose hundreds of dollars???!!!

The money you spent is gone already..you can't get it back

Whether you stay or go makes no difference. 

• Cool 1

[PBKAC]
271 posts
7,558 battles
3 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

The money you spent is gone already..you can't get it back

Whether you stay or go makes no difference. 

But it affects what he spends in the future.

Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles
31 minutes ago, _Sammich_ said:

But it affects what he spends in the future.

Yes of course it does. You're absolutely right....but that is not his dilemma..... Does he walk away or loose hundreds of dollars?

I put it to you that he has already lost.... He leaves, he loses his money. If he stays his money is still gone. Lose/lose situation.

He has already lost his hundreds of dollars. I doubt now if he'll add to that.

[AUSDF]
12 posts

Jesus, what are  you two?  The warship players philosophical society?  Yes - my comments were a whinge at my own perceived folly of expense (to date) and the loss of enjoyment (realised the game has lost all fun factor).

I really want to punish WOWS for the crap they've put the players through. 

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,872 posts
5,692 battles
17 minutes ago, Robert_Redbeard said:

Jesus, what are  you two?  The warship players philosophical society?  Yes - my comments were a whinge at my own perceived folly of expense (to date) and the loss of enjoyment (realised the game has lost all fun factor).

I really want to punish WOWS for the crap they've put the players through. 

So how do you punish them?  Leave.

30 posts

My view is yes and no. They can improve the game if they only limit it to 1 CV only and add 1 auto fighters squadron to be able sent to patrol an area for limited times. Present mode is a few planes only and too short time to be effective. Another way is to put an option for CV or not before making the MM. So far many wasted so many AA defence consumable for nothing when not even 1 CV is present.

Don't like the old mode is strafing and some players is good at it. In reality there no such thing. It may be possible to strafe bomber squadron but not fighters group. Normally they do strafing for ground target. Also impossible to do strafing in group but possible with a single planes.

Edited by Desert_Fox_2014

Sign in to follow this