You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SanguinusXII

AA and CV changes in the last Hotfix

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
23 posts
5,524 battles

So this new hot"fix" is causing me issues and half of them are probably just me being crap but I want to see what others think of it.

I started playing Midway once the rework hit and did somewhat decently imo until the hotfix.

Now every time i launch a strike i lose every single plane from the attack and several from the squadron itself on the way in or out on any target that isnt a DD.

Because Midways range on everything is trash you cant drop long like the Haku so I am ending up running with very small squads no matter how hard i try.

Is there some trick to keeping planes alive now while still remaining effective or are USN CVs just a chore to play now?

[LNA]
1,765 posts
11,231 battles
20 minutes ago, SanguinusXII said:

So this new hot"fix" is causing me issues and half of them are probably just me being crap but I want to see what others think of it.

I started playing Midway once the rework hit and did somewhat decently imo until the hotfix.

Now every time i launch a strike i lose every single plane from the attack and several from the squadron itself on the way in or out on any target that isnt a DD.

Because Midways range on everything is trash you cant drop long like the Haku so I am ending up running with very small squads no matter how hard i try.

Is there some trick to keeping planes alive now while still remaining effective or are USN CVs just a chore to play now?

Dumb your bombs into the sea so the attack squad is only 3 planes , that way you save your plane for striking big targets.

43 posts
3,279 battles
14 hours ago, SanguinusXII said:

I have only got back into playing after about a weeks break and have been trying out my small range of CVs (Hosho, Ryoju and Ranger) and like you I'm tending to lose all of the planes in my squadrons before I get a chance to launch any torpedoes or drop any bombs most of the time. AA seems to be much tougher to get through than it used to be, in fact when I play using a BB or cruiser I've found I could just leave it up to my AA to keep me safe from planes and concentrate on dealing with enemy surface vessels. No bothering about steering my ship  to avoid torpedoes.

274 posts
8,910 battles
14 hours ago, SanguinusXII said:

im still in ranger, but somehow u can use this trick in high tier USN too.....
just pick lonely target and dont attack a group of ships, because after attack ur plane will fly right above their AA and u already to late to turn your plane....
just spot and dodging AA, finish the enemy if they already low health....
im playing just using rocket and DB, TB only for finishing low health BB....