Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Noname_459

carrier population down yet??

15 comments in this topic

4 posts
3,560 battles

Basically i have been away from this game since 0.8. I know WG wont be able to balance carriers ever. So, is carrier population down yet ,atleast?

647 posts
7,548 battles
25 minutes ago, Noname_459 said:

Basically i have been away from this game since 0.8. I know WG wont be able to balance carriers ever. So, is carrier population down yet ,atleast?

From my recent experience, it has gone down quite a bit.

In T10, you can actually get some matches with no carriers, most of the time it's 1 CV per side. However, if you play in division and push together, there is very little a CV can do. Sector Utilizing also helps quite a bit. I'd say, if you are into high tiers only(T8+), like me, then go for it...now is the time; you don't necessarily need to spec for AA either but if you want, BFT and that 500k AA module helps.

I avoided playing entirely after 0.8 just like you, but after the hotfix, the game is a lot more playable now...:Smile-_tongue: play all you want till they nerf the AA into oblivion...

P.S. I haven't played 0.8.0.2 yet so not sure what they did to AA...hopefully, nothing serious. Also, keep in mind that due to hotfix, some CV players will return to try out the new patch, so maybe wait a bit?

Edited by _TAMAL_

Beta Tester
2,275 posts
6,820 battles
1 hour ago, 9mm1n said:

They nuked it with 0.8.0.1 lmao

in the end, they displeases both cv and non cv players. good job WG.

the only difference are, non cv players stay. while cv players died out. money well spend for rework.

[HKENL]
78 posts
6,949 battles
7 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

From my recent experience, it has gone down quite a bit.

In T10, you can actually get some matches with no carriers, most of the time it's 1 CV per side. However, if you play in division and push together, there is very little a CV can do. Sector Utilizing also helps quite a bit. I'd say, if you are into high tiers only(T8+), like me, then go for it...now is the time; you don't necessarily need to spec for AA either but if you want, BFT and that 500k AA module helps.

I avoided playing entirely after 0.8 just like you, but after the hotfix, the game is a lot more playable now...:Smile-_tongue: play all you want till they nerf the AA into oblivion...

P.S. I haven't played 0.8.0.2 yet so not sure what they did to AA...hopefully, nothing serious. Also, keep in mind that due to hotfix, some CV players will return to try out the new patch, so maybe wait a bit?

played 3 t10 battles with no cv , waste my aa build mino :cap_rambo:

[ANZAC]
386 posts
12,703 battles
3 hours ago, da189 said:

Yep, had x 2 games last night no CV T10. 

My advice is to just use RN cruisers ( if you have them ) if you want to save your re spec points until we know how the population settles down.

With no HE, most RN cruisers by default end up with a decent AA build as they don't have to think about speccing into IFHE or DE.

322 posts
8,765 battles

Not just CV players, but also DD and CL players ... the hotfix might fix some but also create their own problem ; for most light force the issue is still thy have no effective counter play against attack, dive bomber and torp plane in waves and waves of attack ( CV will keep at it since the are the easy targets ) ; the perma-spotting is still there none the less, and latest Radar ( so call ) nerf is to increase Radar range and duration .. so much for that 6 second .. not even the fastest and most nimble DD can exit the capture zone in this little time and not to mention player really do not have 6 sec , human reaction time take away at least 0.5 to 1 , then getting the ship to speed up and in many case needing to turn pretty much guarantee you would be in the enemy's cross hair still after that 6 sec and since the enemy ad that 6 sec prior warning you can bet they will be training their guns.

A lot of CA and BB still see inconsistent and in effective AA despite what WG had to mention in their numbers .. not to mention many suffer from the hotfix itself ( those that rely on flak damage to do AA )

No many non C players also exit the game , might be temporary like me ( check in once a week to see  how bad it stay ) but many would likely in due course lost their patience and simply switch to something tha give positive gaming experience instead of agonizing  the players

169 posts
8,666 battles

Had 4 t10 games last night, no CV. Night before was similar with a few 1 CV games. Small sample size 😊 but I feel it's been on the decline in the last week with the odd spike.

468 posts
5,730 battles

It's back to the point where if you choose DFAA/fighters you are guaranteed not to not need them, and if you choose anything else you are guaranteed to have a sky full of planes. I don't know about you but I find that intensely frustrating.

On the upside I'm seeing more CVs using their aircraft to spot or attack enemy planes, rather than just strike surface ships.

On the downside I really hate rockets. Never mind the balance, I just hate the entire concept of aircraft being able to immediately hit you like that, when you have no similar kind of direct, aimed counterattack.

But overall my biggest complaint is that planes have become a constant distraction. It's not about a sharp, sudden, and violent strike anymore. It's a constant annoyance of having to micromanage sector AA and dodge a single torpedo or bomb or rocket burst constantly throughout the entire match. I just can't concentrate on the gameplay anymore.

1,278 posts
10,842 battles
22 hours ago, Noname_459 said:

idk about CV population but lot of players I know have moved on to other games or lets say jumped on Hype Train of (this is no advertising or something) AL from EA.

but well I think whatever wg wanted to achieve with the rework may or may not have been succeeded. but they actually succeeded in pushing away players from this game who were part of it since 2015.

going back to CVs I think it actually has decreased. because when I logged on there are less number of CVs in queue than when 0.8.0 was released..

647 posts
7,548 battles
16 hours ago, da189 said:

I'm doin Alright with my non-AA-build Zao...:Smile_Default: Also, you should be having a good time with your Mino considering most players are spamming BBs most of the time. Had a match yesterday where all 5 of the enemy T10 BBs were alive the entire match but couldn't do a thing because they were all clogged up in their spawn scared of a Shokaku...:Smile_teethhappy:

7 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

It's back to the point where if you choose DFAA/fighters you are guaranteed not to not need them, and if you choose anything else you are guaranteed to have a sky full of planes. I don't know about you but I find that intensely frustrating.

On the upside I'm seeing more CVs using their aircraft to spot or attack enemy planes, rather than just strike surface ships.

On the downside I really hate rockets. Never mind the balance, I just hate the entire concept of aircraft being able to immediately hit you like that, when you have no similar kind of direct, aimed counterattack.

But overall my biggest complaint is that planes have become a constant distraction. It's not about a sharp, sudden, and violent strike anymore. It's a constant annoyance of having to micromanage sector AA and dodge a single torpedo or bomb or rocket burst constantly throughout the entire match. I just can't concentrate on the gameplay anymore.

This is a well written insight on what is actually happening...:Smile_honoring:

However, CVs using their fighter to keep spotting a target feels totally broken to me... it is basically similar to what players did prior to 0.8 where they would simply park their fighter squad over a DD or a low-AA ship knowing that the AA is simply not strong enough to harm the squadron in any meaningful way...

Totally agree with the last para. CVs have become real annoyances now. They can't carry themselves like before but they can disturb people who are trying to play good and carry their team. I mean, they themselves are not doing that much dmg wise(except rockets, those are certified "cancer") but the spotting they are giving is vital.

I will throw this one here again : If CV spotting was like Cyclone Spotting where only the CV who is spotting can see the target and others only see it in minimap, all the issues regarding spotting would go away... if it's not possible for all classes, atleast implement it for DDs and CLs that rely on concealment

247 posts
1,474 battles

consder WWII Radar was far more efficient against aircraft than surface ships,  radar director like MK 33 37 on USN SIMS could target aircraft some 40k yards away. 

Radar in WOWS should follow the same track, it should detect the aircraft ealier further and extend the range of FLAK with weak power just to annoy them.

496 posts
4,760 battles
13 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

^ This, very well said.

I really hope WG can read and consider your comment.

322 posts
8,765 battles

latest , this morning , not seeing much difference , put in quite some hours and 20+ games, only 2 come out no CV, other split between 1 and 2 CV .. rework, hotfix and yet more hotfix, does not seems to change the basic & fundamental issues on hand ... Perma-spotting all the way not even after 30 sec into the game ... constant harassment fro aerial attack especially on DD ( now that DD population are lower this made it even easier for CV to focus their effort on that single or at best 2 DD on hand )

I see a further issue arising the changing tactical environment change how people need to play, and force pushing , up front supporting is needed in all game mode and I am seeing a lot of CA / BB and even CL players actively unwilling to do it ( even after repeated request they would only stay line I or Line C , sort of ) . I was like in my Akizuki and they keep telling me to go cap when they all just sail Line C ... Interestingly this is mostly CA .. which is suppose to be doing the more up front support to their DD and CL

Another finding less CL and this is very apparent

Rocket attack still pretty much immune and impossible to dodge due to short arming / firing distance and the ship needing to dodge other incoming too ...

Radar is now non issue in games with 1 or 2 CV since the plane spot far better

1,278 posts
10,842 battles
15 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Another finding less CL and this is very apparent

with constant spotting their roles become non existant as they excel in surprise attacks and quick moments with weak as hell armor,Basically they cannot do as much they used to do as they will get destroyed easily (mino and wooster are the only CLs) all the others are CAs xD

Sign in to follow this