Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
charcoal44

Focus Firing By Bots

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
144 posts
1,481 battles

Had 4 games thus far in the new Operation Ageis, played the Normandie, and Dunkirk, twice each.

Well, it appeared that the bots targeted me exclusively, from the start of the game.

I haven't seen this type of behavior before from bots, they seemed to mostly ignore the CA's, and DD's in the team.

Anyone know if this is part of their programming?

65 posts
6,561 battles

I'm unaware re the programming, but I am also noticing the same thing in the operation whenever I am captaining a BB.

It is forcing me to hang back early on so that I'm still alive to contribute in sinking the final three red BBs. 

Perhaps WG muffed something (surprise, surprise) when they removed the CVs from the operation?

Alpha Tester
144 posts
1,481 battles
16 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Bots are smart. Adjust your playstyle.

Not in that land battleship game they aint.

There's not much adjustment to be done in this scenario, I'm going to get shot no matter which way I go.

If not from the first wave then the second if I hang back, if I push through the gap, I eat a bunch of torpedoes, if I push round the island to the right, I'm on my own.

Edited by charcoal44

[TF44]
181 posts
5,206 battles

There is obviously a weighting algorith that determines who gets some. I find certain ships, such as Atlanta, seems to get an added bonus attraction value which means I can be several kilometers past all other friendlies from bots and still get focused, even near full health. % HP remaining also has a big influence.

568 posts
15,717 battles

Your team should be returning focus fire on the enemy so that there is one less enemy to be shooting at you. If you cannot adapt to life in a slow moving target, perhaps it is time to switch to a different class of ship. Try different approaches. Do not sit back. Use fire prevention consumables. Bots will bully the weakest and softest yet most dangerous target.

829 posts
5,528 battles
5 hours ago, scottme said:

There is obviously a weighting algorith that determines who gets some. I find certain ships, such as Atlanta, seems to get an added bonus attraction value which means I can be several kilometers past all other friendlies from bots and still get focused, even near full health. % HP remaining also has a big influence.

+1

Playing BBs and/or having lower HP% can attract bots to shoot at you. In Co-op and Operations.

Sign in to follow this