Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Satyanwesi

Does this game really need german Tier X dd Z-52?

27 comments in this topic

21 posts
3,983 battles

This ship has health pool but cannot tank anything.

This is a ship that can be outgunned by every other dds ..

This ship has fast torpedos but damage and flood probablitys are meh..

Anyone there can help me out?

Please?

Edited by Satyanwesi

343 posts
7,551 battles
1 minute ago, Satyanwesi said:

This ship has health pool but cannot tank anything.

This is a ship that can be outgunned by every other dds ..

This ship has fast torpedos but damage and flood probablitys are meh..

Anyone there can help me out?

Please?

Are you referring to the Mikasa?

21 posts
3,983 battles
16 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

Are you referring to the Mikasa?

Nope.. german t10 destroyer z52

Edited by Satyanwesi

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,826 posts
7,474 battles

There is no rule that says that every ship must be good.

Just as IRL, some ships are going to be dogs.

If you don't like it, don't play it. And hope that it's on the red  team.

186 posts
1,474 battles
25 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

There is no rule that says that every ship must be good.

Just as IRL, some ships are going to be dogs.

If you don't like it, don't play it. And hope that it's on the red  team.

People may have just enough time to grind a particular line, and might just found out then their line has power-creep by another new line under promotion. that happens a lot in this game though.

65 posts
5,442 battles

Our clan uses Z52 a lot for contesting CAPs. Seems to work out well for us.

I Randoms.... yeah..... tricky to get the value. The fast torp reload is good, as is the long lasting hydro, but you need a div mate with you to capitalise on your tricks.

A div of Z52 and Harugumo could be nasty.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,826 posts
7,474 battles

Dammit, i posted a meme in the wrong thread

~forum fail

Edited by AntifoulAwl

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,826 posts
7,474 battles
26 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

People may have just enough time to grind a particular line, and might just found out then their line has power-creep by another new line under promotion. that happens a lot in this game though.

Well, I'd take a Yugumo over a Shima any day.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,826 posts
7,474 battles
4 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Just rely on the law of averages and post many to get one right.

That's exactly what's been carrying me all along.

673 posts
5,383 battles

Z-46 is only different from Z-52 in the turret placement.

After the RN DDs being added, there is, like, no reason to play the German DDs anymore.

And somehow, somehow, German DDs don't have 1/4 HE pen like the BBs and cruisers. Are you serious, WG?

Edited by Paladinum

21 posts
3,983 battles

German dds do not feel like dds..large turning radius, poor rudder shift, poor acceleration and also poor breaking..huge speed drag due to large size..

21 posts
3,983 battles

3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Z-46 is only different from Z-52 in the turret placement.

After the RN DDs being added, there is, like, no reason to play the German DDs anymore.

And somehow, somehow, German DDs don't have 1/4 HE pen like the BBs and cruisers. Are you serious, WG?

They need buffs in case of HE penetration

Edited by Satyanwesi

[BOTES]
Modder
497 posts
4,130 battles
1 hour ago, Satyanwesi said:

The

They need buffs in case of HE penetration

>1500 alpha

Idk man. Even if z52 is buffed this way I still would expect much from it

Edited by 9mm1n

673 posts
5,383 battles
12 hours ago, 9mm1n said:

Idk man. Even if z52 is buffed this way I still would expect much from it

+ 1/4 Pen

+ shorter rudder shift time and/or smaller turning circle radius

+ more torpedo range for Z-23 TO Z-52, +0,5 to +1,5 km

+ slightly faster MG reload time (3,2 - 3,5s)

36 posts
3,774 battles

Hi, I am one of Z-52 users.

She is not totally useless. In fact she is one of my favorite ship to play. I have Republique & Des Moine for T10 beside her

I grind DDs of many nations before I decided to grind the German line to the top. Right now I have reached both T6 IJN Line, T7 Pan Asia Line, T8 RN Line, and T6 Russian. I also collect premium DDs (except USN's) to learn the styles of each respective nations. 

What I can say about Z-52 is: She is tricky to play, she cannot just follow the same way of life as other DDs.

Z-52 surprisingly is a flotilla leader. Her shell speed is just on the 3rd place below Grozovoi and Khabarovsk. Her shell balistics is even better than Harugumo.

Guess what? The key is Z-52 allowed to get Gun Modification Control 2 on Slot 6, while Russian DDs are not allowed. Together with captain perks, she has 16.8km firing range.

So what special about it? She is better than Khabarovsk. Khabarovsk has 12.4km with captain perks, while Grozovoi has 14.8km with captain perks. Harugumo is farther with her 17+ km but much slower shell speed compared tp Z-52 at long distance.

Z-52 normal speed is 37.5 knot, 39.5 knot with speed boost, and 42.5 knot with speed boost + signal flag. It means she is considered fast. It is hard to hit a DD beyond 12 km with that speed. Khabarovsk and Grozovoi do have higher speed than Z-52, but somehow what due to their shorter firing range, they must do more close and risky duels. Z-52 with her speed is just perfect for shell raining things in 14~16km range.

I did not use any concealment set on her. All modifications on her are all about turning rate. Her detection without ANYTHING is 7.5k. Something that Khabarovsk and Harugumo players can jealous about. It means Z-52 can more freely roaming around to make flanking moves.

With full rudder modifications, her rudder shift time is 2.2 secs with 700 meters of turning radius, without slide drift like khabarovsk. I dodge CV rockets only with Z-52. Something that hard for Khabarovsk and Harugumo players.

What fun you can get out from Z-52?

1. Light Cruiser killer. Enjoy the moments of raining shells to a Minotaur and your target cannot fire back to you. You might also like to try burning a Worcester and laugh at the shells fired back to you. You can easily dancing under the shell rain although 8 ships targeting you. Harugumo and Khabarovsk are fearsome right? Well their agility is as half as nimble as Z-52, and their firing range is mediocre. Your turning rate is like turning the snake on old Nokia phone, and you fire farther than a cruiser does.
  2. Safe convenient firing from the distance.
  3. Shooting down planes. Her AA is awesome you know. She is 2nd best after Harugumo, with superior capability to dodge aerial torps, bombs, and rockets.
  4. Be a leader in the front line with BBs running to chase you seeing you pushing out 3 cruisers by yourself.
  5. Play like a boss. You play in open water, detected, firing until your gun melted. You don't sneaking among islands like a frightened rat. You throw shells and fly a protest banner written "Hey I am a DD, shoot me please." You make Des Moine, Worcester, and Minotaurs regret for having radars.

That what a Z-52 should life. She is bad? No. She need nerf.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

21 posts
3,983 battles
7 hours ago, Paladinum said:

+ 1/4 Pen

+ shorter rudder shift time and/or smaller turning circle radius

+ more torpedo range for Z-23 TO Z-52, +0,5 to +1,5 km

+ slightly faster MG reload time (3,2 - 3,5s)

This characteristics u mentioned above can make z-52 competitive to Daring and harugumo..

Edited by Satyanwesi

21 posts
3,983 battles
49 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Guess what? The key is Z-52 allowed to get Gun Modification Control 2 on Slot 6, while Russian DDs are not allowed. Together with captain perks, she has 16.8km firing range.

So what special about it? She is better than Khabarovsk. Her normal speed is 37.5 knot, 39.5 knot with speed boost, and 42.5 knot with speed boost + signal flag. It means she is considered fast. It is hard to hit a DD beyond 12 km with that speed.

I did not use any concealment set on her. All modifications on her are all about turning rate. Her rudder shift time is 2,2 secs with 700 meters of turning radius, without slide drift like khabarovsk.

You know what? I think I saw you playing z-52 about a couple of days ago..I saw you were shooting down a yamato from 16kms. By seeing that I mounted gun modification control 2 upgrade on slot 6 .. but I also feel comfortable with my rpf so firing range of my z52 is 14km. And I found out this is a good build.. Shooting at moskva and wooster feels a bit safer and better for now.. And shell ballistics are really nice at long range.

Your idea helped me improving my stats. But the question is ? Should I really invest on rudder shift upgrade giving up the concealment? Does it worth it?

Edited by Satyanwesi

673 posts
5,383 battles
52 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Guess what? The key is Z-52 allowed to get Gun Modification Control 2 on Slot 6,

Huh. I tried full MG range on Z-52 in PTs, and performed well. I reckon if I ever get 52 in Live, I'd use that build as well. Sticking with nearby allies and fire support.

The key is not to get tempted into capping early I guess.

I tried the same thing with Harugumo, the shells somehow missed the target even though I led aim properly.

But I still want that German DDs get a torp range buff and 1/4 HE pen...

Sign in to follow this