You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adampurkis

Gun traverse on japanese destroyers.

5 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

So i have a tier 5 american destroyer its pretty good all around do not like the torpedoes much limited to 5k do not know if that historical. Once I discovered the long lance torpedoes on the Japanese destroyers I decided to go up the Japanese destroyer line. 

Quickly did i learn that these destroyers are extremely handicapped I have gotten to tier 4 and hate them. The gun traverse needs a buff it just cant keep up and there guns are not even as big as the american guns so why so slow? Now I guess you will say yeah but the torpedoes reload faster have better range and you have a smoke screen. Let me make this clear when your operating within 5-7 of enemy ships nothing is fast enough. The guns are useless maneuvering to dodge enemy torpedoes and enemy fire you guns cannot keep up, so once you have launched you torpedoes with take time to reload and your smoke screen which needs a minute or more you are defenseless. I do not know if this is historical the traverse speed. Given that this is a arcade game they have to be changed its ridiculous. 

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

So i have a tier 5 american destroyer its pretty good all around do not like the torpedoes much limited to 5k do not know if that historical. Once I discovered the long lance torpedoes on the Jap destroyers I decided to go up the Jap destroyer line. 

Quickly did i learn that these destroyers are extremely handicapped I have gotten to tier 4 and hate them. The gun traverse needs a buff it just cant keep up and there guns are not even as big as the american guns so why so slow? Now I guess you will say yeah but the torpedoes reload faster have better range and you have a smoke screen. Let me make this clear when your operating within 5-7 of enemy ships nothing is fast enough. The guns are useless maneuvering to dodge enemy torpedoes and enemy fire you guns cannot keep up, so once you have launched you torpedoes with take time to reload and your smoke screen which needs a minute or more you are defenseless. I do not know if this is historical the traverse speed. Given that this is a arcade game they have to be changed its ridiculous. 

WG made them balance. IJN DD have god-like great torpedoes and normal torpedoes for USN. So, if IJN DD can traverse her gun as fast as USN DD, than it will unbalance. But, i agree with you that WG need to make IJN DD gun's rotate faster enough but not fast as USN DD.