You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Ship name proposal(s) - Just for funsies

17 comments in this topic

2,285 posts
6,188 battles

So I posted a thread about Japanese ship names yesterday.

Now I want to post about what could be the names of the incoming (mostly) tech tree ships that could be in the game. This concerns mostly the unnamed designs, like H-classes or any design WG fabricated to fill up a line completely or made into a premium, you know, those that hadn't gotten a name yet.

I don’t really care about historical significance, I just pick what sounds cool.

Germany:

Georg Thiele (name of Maass’ sister ship) - for destroyer

Max Schultz (name of Maass’ sister ship) - for destroyer

Richard Beitzen (name of Maass’ sister ship) - for destroyer

Berlin – for T10 of light cruiser line

Ulrich von Hutten – for T9 free xp battleship

Götz von Berlichingen – for T9 free xp battleship

Kaiserin - for battleship

Prinzregent Luitpold - for battleship

Kaiser Wilhelm II – for T9 of 2nd battleship line

Kaiser Babarossa - for T10 of 2nd battleship line

Peter Strasser – for T8 tech tree aircraft carrier (supposed to be Graf Zeppelin’s sister ship)

Italy:

Scipione Africano (Scipio Africanus) – for cruiser

Ottaviano Augusto (Augustus) – for cruiser/battleship

Leonardo da Vinci – for battleship

Nero (no historical ship found, but the guy’s famous) – for battleship

Impero - for T10 of 2nd battleship line

UK:

Lancaster – for T9 of heavy cruiser line

Surrey – for T10 of heavy cruiser line

Unconquerable - for battleship

Princess Royal – for battleship

Royal Sovereign - for T10 of 2nd battleship line

Japan:

Iga – for stealthy battleship

Gesshoku (月食) “Lunar Eclipse” or Nisshoku (日食) “Solar Eclipse”– for destroyer

Chitsuki (血月) “Blood moon” – for destroyer

Ishikari - for battleship/cruiser. Name of a river (Japan's third longest) and a mountain.

Senjō/Senjou - for cruiser. Someone told me this was an old name for the T10 tech tree Japanese cruiser, Zao. Zaō/Zaou ("蔵王") can be roughly translated into "Hidden King". A fitting name?

France:

Charlemagne – for cruiser/battleship. I was so p*ssed off when no ship of the 2 French lines have this name. “France”? “Republic”? Are you kidding me????

Roland – for cruiser

Brennus – for cruiser/battleship

Edited by Paladinum

[LBAS]
2,168 posts
11,003 battles

Brennus has the same fate like Tone being tested as a slave 

but Brennus is a Henri IV Steel Cruiser, she will be available in less than 2 patches.

[LBAS]
2,168 posts
11,003 battles
7 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

How about Donald Jr Trump ?

that's a Wagon filled with W A L L S

[BOTES]
Modder
558 posts
4,348 battles
14 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

May I introduce you to @USSDONALDJTRUMP ?

2,285 posts
6,188 battles
1 hour ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Brennus has the same fate like Tone being tested as a slave 

but Brennus is a Henri IV Steel Cruiser, she will be available in less than 2 patches.

Do you know what would be the gimmick(s)?

1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Nuclear-powered CV with wall-building aircrafts is waaaaaaaaaaay beyond the eras of the game.

[TROLL]
376 posts
2,821 battles
4 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

It's gonna be BIGGER, BETTER and STRONKER and Mexico is going to pay for it. 

414201718275250519.jpg

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel
  • Funny 4

2,285 posts
6,188 battles

Necro replying:

REQUEST TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE T10 FRENCH DD FROM "KLEBER" TO "DURENDAL"

The name was historically used: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_destroyer_Durandal

Namesake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durendal

Edited by Paladinum

20 posts
190 battles
On 2/10/2019 at 3:01 AM, Paladinum said:

UK:

Surrey – for T10 of heavy cruiser line

I feel it's only fair to point out that there technically was a Surrey-class of heavy cruisers; they were a pair of ships (allocated the names HMS Surrey and HMS Northumberland) based on a mixture of the York-class and the earlier County-class designs, that were approved and allocated funding for in the 1928-1929 Naval Estimates, but cancelled before being laid down.

Details of them can apparently be found around about the place;

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/56110-a-detailed-look-at-surrey-design-y/

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/uk/brit_cr_surrey.htm

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/138046-british-heavy-cruiser-design-notes/

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5818

Edited by NZXRedBaron1985

2,285 posts
6,188 battles
1 hour ago, NZXRedBaron1985 said:

I feel it's only fair to point out that there technically was a Surrey-class of heavy cruisers; they were a pair of ships (allocated the names HMS Surrey and HMS Northumberland) based on a mixture of the York-class and the earlier County-class designs, that were approved and allocated funding for in the 1928-1929 Naval Estimates, but cancelled before being laid down.

Details of them can apparently be found around about the place;

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/56110-a-detailed-look-at-surrey-design-y/

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/uk/brit_cr_surrey.htm

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/138046-british-heavy-cruiser-design-notes/

http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5818

Very interesting indeed. But the ship seems to quite weak, even in comparison with Aoba or Pensacola. And the main guns have very long reload as well. Maybe I could use a different name?

Also if you can, take a read of this thread I posted a while ago. I used some "real" stats to come up with them.

[SMOKE]
697 posts
10,608 battles
On 2/9/2019 at 10:01 PM, Paladinum said:

Japan:

Iga – for stealthy battleship

Wakoku (倭国) (an old name of Japan (?) – for T10 of 2nd battleship line

Gesshoku (月食) “Lunar Eclipse” or Nisshoku (日食) “Solar Eclipse”– for destroyer

Chitsuki (血月) “Blood moon” – for destroyer

Ishikari - for battleship/cruiser. Name of a river (Japan's third longest) and a mountain.

Senjō/Senjou - for cruiser. Someone told me this was an old name for the T10 tech tree Japanese cruiser, Zao. Zaō/Zaou ("王") can be roughly translated into "Hidden King". A fitting name?..

Translation engine and google can sometime really be useful but sometime really screw the fact ... lol the text  王 as used in Zao refer to a name of a particular geographic location, and by the tex itself, it had nothing to that meaning ; infact 蔵 itself means a Collection, or more precisely a treasured collection , this text is not really in modern usage anymore, and the mis-understanding is probably because it was confused with a more modern text  which means the action to collect , to hide ( a verb )

倭国 was also not a name of Japan, but rather an old name of Japan given to the country and referred to by the neighboring countries in time early 19 century and earlier ( dating to early AD years )

• Cool 1

2,285 posts
6,188 battles
4 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Translation engine and google can sometime really be useful but sometime really screw the fact ... lol the text  王 as used in Zao refer to a name of a particular geographic location, and by the tex itself, it had nothing to that meaning ; infact 蔵 itself means a Collection, or more precisely a treasured collection , this text is not really in modern usage anymore, and the mis-understanding is probably because it was confused with a more modern text  which means the action to collect , to hide ( a verb )

倭国 was also not a name of Japan, but rather an old name of Japan given to the country and referred to by the neighboring countries in time early 19 century and earlier ( dating to early AD years )

Just for funsies, ya know :Smile-_tongue:

[REPOI]
5,136 posts
21,079 battles
10 hours ago, Mechfori said:

国 was also not a name of Japan, but rather an old name of Japan given to the country and referred to by the neighboring countries in time early 19 century and earlier ( dating to early AD years )

国 literally means "country of midgets" and was a less of name than it is a insult

the spelling of the word 倭 is "wa" and eventually the Japanese replaced  倭 with 和 which means "harmony"( same spelling )

[SMOKE]
697 posts
10,608 battles
20 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

国 literally means "country of midgets" and was a less of name than it is a insult

the spelling of the word 倭 is "wa" and eventually the Japanese replaced  倭 with 和 which means "harmony"( same spelling )

Actually that meaning was used after the country itself start to name itself Japan ( Nihon, or Nippon ) around  610 to 620 AD and had that derogatory meaning of " Country of short people " ( not midget which would had a different term ...  historian would have more precise dating ) .. before that the term was first used by Korean since 2nd century A.D. and was adopted  by all others;; initially this had no  special meaning just a phonetic from the origin wording how Japanese name themselves " " as in Yamato and since Chinese and Korean had a different pronunciation; when they hear the word, the text become  倭, which was first documented around mid 280 to 290AD ( the original text can be googled and is in public domain )

2,285 posts
6,188 battles

Since I know WeeGee wouldn't do it, I will do it myself.

shot-19_04.30_15_49.44-0380.thumb.jpg.7f4139acc6aa6b089d0840da41deef71.jpg