You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

AA is nerfed Once again (0.8.0.2)

35 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,168 posts
11,003 battles
2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Well this is all going well.  Isnt it.

3062080.gif

Yes, although all Anti Air are mostly tiered up, Example are AA Guns on Tier VI have levels on VIII

and VIII has IX dps and X has XII AA gun rating and vice versa, Tier IV almost has DPS the same as Tier V AA.

Probably they were going to revert for some planes, not nerf but adjusted flood chance. Most Torpedo bombers are still on fixes, Ralph.

Also im aware of the situation on HMS Furious and the Clusterbombers from the RN, Indomitable and Audiacious are terrifying carriers.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[CLAY]
1,341 posts
8,486 battles

Well, at least they are paying attention and trying toi fix it constantly.

I know many people complain about how they did 6 months of testing and it should have been balanced when it went live (completely ignoring what WG said about being impossible to balance in test environments), but I feel better about them recognising problems and making constant changes than I would if they just left it in a horrible state.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
1,228 posts
10,304 battles

I took my AA-spec Gearing out for a few matches today, nearly all of which featured one or two carriers per side. Those poor fools actually thought they were hunting me. Haku? Shredded. Midway? Shredded. Midway and Shokaku both attacking at the same time? Shredded and shredded.

However, my fun was continually spoiled by those pesky, relentless radar ships. Curse them.

• Funny 5

[CLAY]
1,341 posts
8,486 battles
4 minutes ago, Unraveler said:

Those poor fools actually thought they were hunting me. Haku? Shredded. Midway? Shredded. Midway and Shokaku both attacking at the same time? Shredded and shredded.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles
9 minutes ago, Unraveler said:

I took my AA-spec Gearing out for a few matches today, nearly all of which featured one or two carriers per side. Those poor fools actually thought they were hunting me. Haku? Shredded. Midway? Shredded. Midway and Shokaku both attacking at the same time? Shredded and shredded.

However, my fun was continually spoiled by those pesky, relentless radar ships. Curse them.

i wish wargaming create a minigame where you only shoot down planes. then get achievement for shooting down specific amount of planes.

• Funny 2

[MD]
93 posts
20 minutes ago, yansuki said:

i wish wargaming create a minigame where you only shoot down planes. then get achievement for shooting down specific amount of planes.

You are funny, now go to gulag

• Funny 1

[ASALT]
23 posts
13,359 battles

Because I am getting increasingly frustrated with trying to drive a CV, I thought I would ask:

What is the most number of planes you have had shot down and at what tier?

So far, I have managed 51 at tier VI

[LBAS]
2,168 posts
11,003 battles
Just now, Mykhal said:

Because I am getting increasingly frustrated with trying to drive a CV, I thought I would ask:

72 on VIII

69 on IX

i dont have X yet.

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles
18 minutes ago, Mykhal said:

tier VII atlanta 0.8.0.1: 53 ryuujou planes
tier VI north carolina 0.8.0.0: 56 ryuujo+shoukaku planes.
tier X des moines 0.8.0.1: 23~25 hakuryu planes. ( i belive i got one with 30+ but those are lexiton planes so i wont count them.)

[ASALT]
23 posts
13,359 battles

Not asking how many planes you have shot down.....

Wanting to know how many of YOUR planes have been shot down :Smile_amazed:

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles
2 minutes ago, Mykhal said:

Not asking how many planes you have shot down.....

Wanting to know how many of YOUR planes have been shot down :Smile_amazed:

my bad, you should have said plane lost.

imo wg mistake here is the return planes time. they should make a 2 separate return time. 10 second if planes were ordered to return with F key and probably 5 second if they drop their payload. its logical for planes to return faster as they are lighter now without their payload.

[SMOKE]
697 posts
10,608 battles

how long does the plane reach the enemy when loaded and send on their attack run, then that's the base line how much time the plane should spent returning to their CV .. should be roughly 90% for dive bomber, and torp planes ( the return panes is now lighter and can fly faster ), and should be 95% or same time spent for attack squadron .. surface ships cannot just magically appear on the others side of a map, so why should the planes do .. surface ships sail and plane flies, they are already fastest among all, they do not need this instant call back .. and at the mean time when squadron is in the air returning the CV should only be able to prepare any plane that's on the deck roster

And as for AA, the new Fighter ( as vs Cat fighter ) consumable .. well now the logic is if one use the consumable it equates summoning air cover . well if its so then this consumable should be made across the broad standard on all ships ( except CV itself ) even a T3 DD should have this as its just radio in and summoning

I still maintain that AA guns should function as increasingly offensive and in intensity and damage where planes get closer to a ship .. so Long Range effect when in long range, and when closed in to mid range the planes should be subjected to both long and mid range AA, and into the close rage the planes would be subjected to all 3 type of AA ( pretty much what happen in real world ) surface ships are targeted with increase accuracy and intensity when closing in on any target, the planes should face the same. Dispersion means getting close also increase chance of being hit, so should the planes

I reiterate whenever an attacking squadron ( be it bomber, attack or torp planes ) get into an attack sequence a counter should be there for that squadron to finish all attack and return to Cv ( effective combat air time ) .. they should not be allowed to loiter indefinitely maneuvering for a perfect attack position, this do not happen in real battle and should not be part of the game . this will also some what lessen the perma-spotting 

• Cool 1

[MRI]
1,992 posts
11,135 battles

Good to see that WG is on the ball. High tier AA is a bit overtuned currently. Had a game where a lone Yamato shot down almost 30 Midway planes lol.

At the end of that match I was more or less de-planed. Could only throw 2-3 planes per squad at most.

[SMOKE]
697 posts
10,608 battles

thrown in a number of games ... not really sure about the hig tier part but I am pretty certain WG had screw up on the part of many mid to late tier IJN cruiser / DD which already are handicapped by the ineffective AA at close range, and now further nerfed by the hotfix  ; this goes to any ship lacking Mid range AA guns and rely o their Long Range to really give some AA, I can tell by the numbers, consistently these ships do less AA damage than before the hot fix and they are already in the not enough AA category and now further nerfed.

With their knee jerk reaction to some that demonstrate  strong AA, they had basically made some that are already hard pressed on AA to now do almost no AA at all, so good work WG, you screw up more again 

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
842 posts
8,267 battles
10 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Good to see that WG is on the ball. High tier AA is a bit overtuned currently. Had a game where a lone Yamato shot down almost 30 Midway planes lol.

At the end of that match I was more or less de-planed. Could only throw 2-3 planes per squad at most.

It's definitely overtuned, you lose all the planes you attack with as they recall.

Having said that, I've been having reasonable success in Midway by only taking in a few planes at a time to do attacks.  If I'm attacking a lone target with moderate AA I'll normally take two waves, and send the rest back to the CV by attacking on the way.  If I'm attacking a good AA ship or multiple enemies, I'll take one wave only, and try to use islands as cover on the way in if there are any nearby.  If I'm attacking a lone DD, I can normally take all three waves of rocket fighters, although if they have good AA I'll sometimes go down to two, and if they have friends nearby I'll definitely go two and sometimes one.

Basically you don't want to be taking in extra planes that won't get an attack off and wasting your reserves for no reason.

Beta Tester
3 posts
3,641 battles

Yep, tuning AA damage lower for the CV player

and Myoko have same 127mm AA gun with Atago, but less than third spike damage, less continuous damage, less accuracy. 

nice balance, WG

[LBAS]
2,168 posts
11,003 battles
51 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

Is that me or are they now firing tactical nukes at planes now

Atomic Bombs.

I can see Hornet and Indomitable as a division :cap_haloween:

[POI]
889 posts
8,933 battles

Played Ranger, total lost of planes was 59 at the end of the match XD. I can say most of them were shot down by continuous DPS instead of Flak

[LNA]
1,931 posts
11,881 battles

I doubt nefting AA proper will fix problem at all. Because players are still whining about CV hounding them constantly and they dont want it. For me , i feel like they are taking too personal , CV is like any other ship is out there to sink you.

I doubt having a dd stalk you all game is any more fun than this.

• Cool 2

[ULAG]
904 posts
8,380 battles
2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

I doubt nefting AA proper will fix problem at all. Because players are still whining about CV hounding them constantly and they dont want it. For me , i feel like they are taking too personal , CV is like any other ship is out there to sink you.

I doubt having a dd stalk you all game is any more fun than this.

Stop comparing DD spotting with CV spotting. A dd has to be physically present within your detection range to spot you and by doing that he is risking his own ship. Whereas a CV can just casually spot you if he wants. Those planes move at freakin 150+ knts and light up the entire enemy fleet even before they have left their spawn.

If a dd is stalking you, that either means your team didn't pay attention or they have seriously fucked up in the flank where the dd had to come through. Whereas, CV planes can go wherever they want and whenever they want. You can counter dd by radar, utilizing cover and tactics. How do you counter CV spotting pls tell me? No matter how broken AA gets, it is still limited in range and most ships have higher air detection than their AA range so AA is useless in mitigating spotting.

CV rework has entirely reshaped the meta and it definitely did that in the worst way possible. Teams now form gigantic blobs that move slowly in one direction and stay nowhere near the caps. Most of the time you are looking at the sky other than shooting the enemy ship. Angling is proper fucked also as you are permaspotted entire game. 

Ironically, me and my clan-mates are managing ridiculous win rates after 0.8.0.1 because :

1. Enemy team is so far away from cap that we can easily push cap and get it.

2. CVs can't strike us properly because Hotfix made AA too strong.

3. If an enemy dd tries to regain cap control, well RIP to him...

Is this what WG envisions their game to be? In a meta where every one is hugging J line or A line? :Smile_facepalm:

P.S. I'm having fun with my Zao so I won't complain... I'll continue to play until 0.8.0.2 drops:Smile_trollface:

Edited by _TAMAL_
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles

i hope they wont touch tier X AA since tier X CV are still strong. just watch flamu casting those cv are doing the plays.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ULAG]
904 posts
8,380 battles
12 hours ago, yansuki said:

i hope they wont touch tier X AA since tier X CV are still strong.

Completely agree. If anything needs buffing its low tier CVs not high tiers, specially T10. T10 CVs are still very powerful in right hands. Sure, there are players who are new to CVs and can't even aim rockets properly but those players don't represent the CVs properly. I've seen good CV players dominate in matches, both with Midway and Hakuryu. T10 AA needs to remain as is.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1