Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dash_it_all

musashis ruining game experience

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[BLESS]
Member
7 posts
3,688 battles

I was playing ranked recently. many people are opting to play musashis for obvious reasons. encountering 2-3 musashis in a game is pretty common. this thing is too overpowered to be at t9. and wargaming decided to give it a dispersion buff ,which germans needed the most, as if its hp pool and gun calibre were not enough .now its dispersion is even better than that of yamato's. other t9 battleships could hardly be effective against it . thanks to the lol pen abilities and high penetration of its shell it will easily remove 10-15k or even 20k hp from other t9 bbs no matter how you angle. even fredrich der garbage cannot withstand its shell. ate one 28000 salvo from 13km in my FDG while I was angled and in another game 3 musashis fired at my FDG when I got spotted. I slowed down and turned to dodge most of the shells but still half hp pool was gone. owing to its general bow tanking gameplay this thing could hardly be damaged by other t9 bbs. even while showing broadsides at ranges as close as 12km this thing go unpunished because of its thick belt armor. spamming HE on it does some damage .but then fire damage is recovered easily in this editon of ranked battles thanks to heal buff. how do you guys fight against this thing in other t9 battleships?

yamato musashi.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,051
Member
2,285 posts
6,188 battles

"Play CVs", they say. There is no goddam CVs in T9 anymore.

 

This ship is a Tier 9,8 and doesn't belong to any tier other than 10. It'd have been easier to make her into a secondary BB (better sec than Yamato with all the 155 mm guns) and put her into T10. Forgetting to nerf a T10 to make her into T9 is a MASSIVE mistake, WG.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[KAMI]
Member
896 posts
9,389 battles

You burn musushi when is bow on

Or you hope the musushi show its cheeks then proceeds to citadel it (just open armour viewer and you will see something cheeky)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
768
[HMAS_]
Member
1,880 posts
12,502 battles

Simple solution, one that I employ with great success......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don't play ranked....

Its a nice life without frustration & salty tears..

:crab:

Ordrazz

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,057 posts
6,653 battles

I was more then happy to meet them in my Jutland and Kitakaze (only 2 ships I used) :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[CLAY]
Member
1,341 posts
8,486 battles
9 minutes ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

I was more then happy to meet them in my Jutland and Kitakaze (only 2 ships I used) :Smile_trollface:

Mmmm. BBBBQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts

1. Musashi has no AA for its tier.
2. Its citadel sits bit higher on water thatn Yamato.
3. Any gunboat loves to see a musashi on its flank, why ! Cause they love to burn that IJN jar.

4. She is very weak agains cross fires. Any other BB even Cruisers are able to punch her in the bottom part from side.(When you try to use the back turrent, don't try it) 

6.Very lovely target for metal fishes. 

7. Oh and another thing that octagon shape of her citadel. Its very bad if anyone know where to aim. You can one shot a Yamasushi from the front. YES

My point is every ship has its trade off She can punish yes, But in return she get her fair share of shit as well. 

Showing broadsides!! you will live in a German BB for that even french, but not in Musashi. I've been in the both side of the situations.

My point is > Don't jurdge a ship for its strongest suits, It has weakness as well. Learn how to exploit that. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[ULAG]
Member
904 posts
8,380 battles
1 hour ago, MD047 said:

1. Musashi has no AA for its tier.
2. Its citadel sits bit higher on water thatn Yamato.
3. Any gunboat loves to see a musashi on its flank, why ! Cause they love to burn that IJN jar.

4. She is very weak agains cross fires. Any other BB even Cruisers are able to punch her in the bottom part from side.(When you try to use the back turrent, don't try it) 

6.Very lovely target for metal fishes. 

7. Oh and another thing that octagon shape of her citadel. Its very bad if anyone know where to aim. You can one shot a Yamasushi from the front. YES

My point is every ship has its trade off She can punish yes, But in return she get her fair share of shit as well. 

Showing broadsides!! you will live in a German BB for that even french, but not in Musashi. I've been in the both side of the situations.

My point is > Don't jurdge a ship for its strongest suits, It has weakness as well. Learn how to exploit that. 

As much as I agree with everything you said, it still doesn't hide the fact that it's a T10 ship that was forcefully put into T9 because WG saw it as a good money sink

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
49 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

As much as I agree with everything you said, it still doesn't hide the fact that it's a T10 ship that was forcefully put into T9 because WG saw it as a good money sink

Yes I agree with the money sink part. Also It has almost all characteristic of a Yamato, But when comes to Yamato itself, Play some game in both ships (Assuming you have both)simultaneously, You will feel the difference. Those guns are the only thing that presents Musashi as heavyweight, same as Yamato.

You want a tank and brawler, GK reporting for duty.

You want AA and consistance damage, Montana says hello.

You want AA and quickest punch, Republic on deck.(Not counting Secondaries)

You want a BB capable of outspotting cruisers and having AA. Burn em all says Conqueror the colonizer.

Upcoming Russian BBs have radar and god knows what bias they bring at release , LMAO.

Now tell me why would you even bother to look at Yamato!!!

Think about Yamasushi having 406/420 rather than 460MM. I bet nobody would ever give a look.  Without those guns...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,051
Member
2,285 posts
6,188 battles
1 hour ago, MD047 said:

Now tell me why would you even bother to look at Yamato!!!

< this guy (aka @Paladinum) tried Yamato in PTS back before 0.6.0 and said "Nope". No AA, slow speed, slow turn, slow turret traverse (the three slow things that he hates the most).

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

< this guy (aka @Paladinum) tried Yamato in PTS back before 0.6.0 and said "Nope". No AA, slow speed, slow turn, slow turret traverse (the three slow things that he hates the most).

Ha ha. Very positive feedback I see :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[ULAG]
Member
904 posts
8,380 battles
1 hour ago, MD047 said:

Think about Yamasushi having 406/420 rather than 460MM. I bet nobody would ever give a look.  Without those guns...... 

That is true but you are still getting the same tanky-ness as Yamato(In fact, Mushi has slightly higher hp than Yamato:Smile_teethhappy:) and those guns too. Granted I only own Yamato and not Mushi...how much that extra height gives a disadvantage is still to be seen by me. Keep in mind that even if it has a significant disadvantage for sitting high, it is facing T9 BBs, a large portion of them are just "ok" at best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,004
[TDA]
Super Tester
4,592 posts
5,206 battles

Jutland in ranked is the way to go against Musashis.  stay outside detection and keep them spotted.  Harass them.  Its great fun

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[SH0T]
Member
901 posts
10,174 battles
9 hours ago, wildanimal_1 said:

I was playing ranked recently. many people are opting to play musashis for obvious reasons. encountering 2-3 musashis in a game is pretty common. this thing is too overpowered to be at t9. and wargaming decided to give it a dispersion buff ,which germans needed the most, as if its hp pool and gun calibre were not enough .now its dispersion is even better than that of yamato's. other t9 battleships could hardly be effective against it . thanks to the lol pen abilities and high penetration of its shell it will easily remove 10-15k or even 20k hp from other t9 bbs no matter how you angle. even fredrich der garbage cannot withstand its shell. ate one 28000 salvo from 13km in my FDG while I was angled and in another game 3 musashis fired at my FDG when I got spotted. I slowed down and turned to dodge most of the shells but still half hp pool was gone. owing to its general bow tanking gameplay this thing could hardly be damaged by other t9 bbs. even while showing broadsides at ranges as close as 12km this thing go unpunished because of its thick belt armor. spamming HE on it does some damage .but then fire damage is recovered easily in this editon of ranked battles thanks to heal buff. how do you guys fight against this thing in other t9 battleships?

yamato musashi.jpg

Play Lion, I find its a decent counter to it. Musashi burns quite nicely xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles

my dd got deleted by those accurate guns before. they so deadly in the hands of unicrum. for potato, its farming exp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
11 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

That is true but you are still getting the same tanky-ness as Yamato(In fact, Mushi has slightly higher hp than Yamato:Smile_teethhappy:) and those guns too. Granted I only own Yamato and not Mushi...how much that extra height gives a disadvantage is still to be seen by me. Keep in mind that even if it has a significant disadvantage for sitting high, it is facing T9 BBs, a large portion of them are just "ok" at best

100 more HP doesn't offset those marked factors. 

I know where those comparison's are coming from. I also feel the same when it comes to this part.  

Bismarck=tripitz, IOWA=Missouri, Des moine=Salem etc etc right !?

Then why not Alsace=Bourgogne (Alsace is OP at t9 cause there's a ship at t10 which is functioning alright, trade offs)

Kronstadt=Stalingrad (No no no, cause trade offs)

There's always a trade off. 

Screenshot_1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[ULAG]
Member
904 posts
8,380 battles
1 hour ago, MD047 said:

100 more HP doesn't offset those marked factors. 

I know where those comparison's are coming from. I also feel the same when it comes to this part.  

Bismarck=tripitz, IOWA=Missouri, Des moine=Salem etc etc right !?

Then why not Alsace=Bourgogne (Alsace is OP at t9 cause there's a ship at t10 which is functioning alright, trade offs)

Kronstadt=Stalingrad (No no no, cause trade offs)

There's always a trade off. 

Screenshot_1.png

I don't think those tradeoffs are enough to justify a one tier difference when the ships are fundamentally same... same issue with Richeleu-JB or Alsace-Borgogne scenarios, those ships are simply misplaced in terms of tier. Stalingrad and Kron are different case as they are two completely different ships.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
11 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I don't think those tradeoffs are enough to justify a one tier difference when the ships are fundamentally same... same issue with Richeleu-JB or Alsace-Borgogne scenarios, those ships are simply misplaced in terms of tier. Stalingrad and Kron are different case as they are two completely different ships.  

Well Musashi is considered OP by some CC's, some says she is handicap version of Yamato.So there is many opinions.

But Trade offs are very slight in Yamato and Musashi, thats true. She is weak in every other way possible than Yamato, this I can assure you.

People play yamoto/musashi for one reason, that big punching ability.If you nerf that sigma(thats bad idea) on musashi it will become useless AF, trust me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[AUSRP]
Member
155 posts
8,305 battles

I one-shotted a Sushi from about 50k hp in my Kronshadt last week in Ranked. 5x citadel in a one volley drive by.

The citadel is easy to find if you flank it.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[ULAG]
Member
904 posts
8,380 battles
3 hours ago, MD047 said:

People play yamoto/musashi for one reason, that big punching ability.If you nerf that sigma(thats bad idea) on musashi it will become useless AF, trust me. 

Naah, people play Musashi for one reason and that is : saving star in ranked...:Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
13 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Naah, people play Musashi for one reason and that is : saving star in ranked...:Smile_trollface:

Thats just on ranked :Smile_medal: I play her on ranked as well.

But you can count on Kikaze and Jutland also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[ULAG]
Member
904 posts
8,380 battles
1 hour ago, MD047 said:

Thats just on ranked :Smile_medal: I play her on ranked as well.

But you can count on Kikaze and Jutland also.

Yeah both of them are solid choices. I used Jutland in ranked until I got enough steel for Black, then continued with Black until I lost all my remaining sanity...:cap_fainting:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[LN]
Member
227 posts
12,164 battles

I didn't realise that Sushi got a sigma buff recently, until I see this post 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×