Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Conkhead_12

World Of Warships to World Of Spaceships?

38 comments in this topic

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

I saw in the worldofwarships.asia and I am quite confused. For Information http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/brand-new-mini-game-wows-ocean-drift/. WG mentions about World Of Warships to World Of Spaceships. I'm not sure. Is It April fools.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Actually, the World of Spaceships isn't that hard for them since anything under the water isn't rendered. They could just remove it, add a spacey background and BOOM, WoSs.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Completed World of Warships : Ocean Drift.

You can literally farm points by shooting torpedoes tru the wall lol.

Edited by Windforce

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Actually, the World of Spaceships isn't that hard for them since anything under the water isn't rendered. They could just remove it, add a spacey background and BOOM, WoSs.

Looking forward to next year's april fool's when they're less burdened with developing and can actually put that in for the lolz.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Looking forward to next year's april fool's when they're less burdened with developing and can actually put that in for the lolz.

I don't know how they will do torpedoes, but who need torpedoes when you can shoot things with your laser beams! PEW! PEW!

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I don't know how they will do torpedoes, but who need torpedoes when you can shoot things with your laser beams! PEW! PEW!

Well, there are plenty of sci-fi shows that use torpedoes in space, could just use the same principle of firing from WoWS with a different look.

It's just for shenanigans after all.

Fun fact:

A lot of sci-fi franchises showcase torpedoes (And missiles) as being superior or just as strong as lasers.

Some examples are Star Trek, Space Battleship Yamato, Star Wars, Warhammer 40k, Homeworld, or Macross.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Well, there are plenty of sci-fi shows that use torpedoes in space, could just use the same principle of firing from WoWS with a different look.

It's just for shenanigans after all.

Fun fact:

A lot of sci-fi franchises showcase torpedoes (And missiles) as being superior or just as strong as lasers.

Some examples are Star Trek, Space Battleship Yamato, Star Wars, Warhammer 40k, Homeworld, or Macross.

The thing is, the torpedoes are most probably not rendered as well. It's most probably a marker with some water surface disturbance. 

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

Nope, torpedo does have a 3d model

They surely do and I can confirm that the odd one will deflect, if you clip it at a fine angle.

64 posts
274 battles

wait what? is WG now going star wars/star trek?!?! one step at a time WG you should try and perfect WoWs first...unless it was an April fools joke =)

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

wait what? is WG now going star wars/star trek?!?! one step at a time WG you should try and perfect WoWs first...unless it was an April fools joke =)

Bit late to the party Red. April fools by WG

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Bit late to the party Red. April fools by WG

Not just an April Fools joke anymore, rofl. Apparently, there's some info updated on the Russian forums/site.

We're getting Tier XXX ships in space to commemorate Cosmonautics Day.

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Not just an April Fools joke anymore, rofl. Apparently, there's some info updated on the Russian forums/site.

We're getting Tier XXX ships in space to commemorate Cosmonautics Day.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Hahaha. Oh wow, water effect in space.

And gravity in space too. You would think your shells will go straight in spaceeeeeeeeeeee. :P

Sign in to follow this