You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PUNCH_IN_THE_FACE

All of CV are dead except Hakuryu

24 comments in this topic

557 posts
7,139 battles
29 minutes ago, PUNCH_IN_THE_FACE said:

wow... what a nice Hotfix

Devs exactly know what people want.

Well, I'm still not satisfied enough because the T10 CVs are still pretty influential and T10 is what I play most of the time. So, until the CVs in T10 are nerfed enough that people lose interest on playing them, I'll be staying away from the game:Smile-_tongue:

[LNA]
1,735 posts
10,986 battles

AA is very powerful now , when i see line up full of AA cruisers out for blood i can still make 70 ~ 100k , which aren't too bad and is in line with other ships.

Some DD thanks to passive AA DPS buff no longer really fear planes , esp Harugumo , gearing and Grozovoi.

You just need to be more careful when deploying your planes at work around AA. Even more so with Midway which rely on HE bombs and rockets to do the lion share of the work. I've actually spec RDF to hunt DD and lonewolves in Midway.

Hakuryu is easy mode , just spam from 8km turn away and repeat. AP bomb don't need follow up , drop once and run.

Both can still do a lot of damage if you do more than just beeline to something and drop it dead. But it is now more or less on par with a well played BB in raw damage.

557 posts
7,139 battles
47 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

They do CV reworked to make the CV playable
Now history repeat itself again. 
:Smile_sceptic:

All while not understanding that there is no logical possibility for a class like CV to be balanced in a game like this:Smile_facepalm:

186 posts
1,474 battles

WOWS mimics many of surface battle elements quite correctly, which reflected in rather good game flow.

Most of CV Air operation element are revolutionary game changers which forced a total re-model the whole naval engagement scenario historically.

It would easier to re-model the CV game from the real world model rather than struggle to made the current hybrid which pleases no one.

Edited by tsuenwan

147 posts
3,789 battles
7 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

All while not understanding that there is no logical possibility for a class like CV to be balanced in a game like this:Smile_facepalm:

Nothing is impossible, there's a solution but we don't know it yet. 
It's like an old times where people kept saying that no man can fly
well we can't but we have planes right now. 

557 posts
7,139 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_GALEN said:

Well I hope WG comes up with a solution soon enough before too much dmg is done. Right now, WoWs is a no no for me personally.

186 posts
1,474 battles
8 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

There are many solutions, and there are real world history as reference. It was WG who insist on the their version of the solution.

Sure, Man can fly, and Man can swim, it is just the way how they were done. I would wonder if you enjoy flying and swimming at the same time.

[HKENL]
34 posts
6,553 battles
10 hours ago, Commander_GALEN said:

They do CV reworked to make the CV playable
Now history repeat itself again. 
:Smile_sceptic:

buff cv ... nerf cv ... buff cv ... nerf cv ... buff cv ... nerf cv ... repeat forever :Smile_teethhappy:

[HKENL]
34 posts
6,553 battles
1 hour ago, tsuenwan said:

There are many solutions, and there are real world history as reference. It was WG who insist on the their version of the solution.

Sure, Man can fly, and Man can swim, it is just the way how they were done. I would wonder if you enjoy flying and swimming at the same time.

WW2 already prove that BB became obsolete with the rise of CV but WG try to put it together. 

The result is buff CV, BB yell, nerf CV, CV yell, then buff CV again and repeat the loop

557 posts
7,139 battles
1 hour ago, da189 said:

WW2 already prove that BB became obsolete with the rise of CV but WG try to put it together. 

The result is buff CV, BB yell, nerf CV, CV yell, then buff CV again and repeat the loop

Except this time DDs got butchered the most while BBs remain intact.

172 posts
1,115 battles
1 hour ago, da189 said:

buff cv ... nerf cv ... buff cv ... nerf cv ... buff cv ... nerf cv ... repeat forever :Smile_teethhappy:

Better yet, delete all CVs and make this game a fun experience.  

Alpha Tester
841 posts
3,175 battles

Bring in U-Boats, E-Boats, PT-Boats, I'm happy.

I'll forget CV's.

Thinking of selling my Saipan now, but unsure, because what if it DOES get buffed to being FUN to play?.

Are WG extending the refund offer on CV's?.

557 posts
7,139 battles
6 hours ago, Muds_Revenge said:

Bring in U-Boats, E-Boats, PT-Boats

Please don't give WG any more ideas to break the game even further...:Smile_sceptic:

[TPL]
13 posts

No, the fact is that all CVs are dead because Hakuryu.

MW wasn't OP in 080, but Hakuryu was.

So WG buff all ship's aa to fight against the Hakuryu, as well as nerf all CVs. I really dont understand what are they thinking,  may be they just have drunk too much antifreeze from Су-27s.

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles

I think we may have been too hasty in crying to nerf CVs. Stealth torpedo Hakuryu may be just the counter we need when the Russian BBs get released.

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles
31 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I think we may have been too hasty in crying to nerf CVs. Stealth torpedo Hakuryu may be just the counter we need when the Russian BBs get released.

the problem is, hakuryu stealth torp counter everything its too good.  its so annoying, a good hakkuryu can still flood an area with invisible torps. only german bb has chance to dodge them because of hydro.

watch flamu latest NA king of the sea casting. those stealth torps even catch unicrum players off guard.

Edited by yansuki

86 posts
4 minutes ago, yansuki said:

the problem is, hakuryu stealth torp counter everything its too good. its its too annoying, a good hakkuryu can still flood an area with invisible torps. only german bb has chance to dodge them because of hydro.

watch flamu latest NA king of the sea casting. those stealth torps even catch unicrum players off guard.

Hakuryu was Broken, Now its fixed not done yet, buts coming to a shape thats acceptable.

436 posts
5,486 battles
9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Nah.The counter to Russian BBs will be IJN DDs. Huge, can't turn, pathetic torpedo damage reduction, no secondaries to speak of, and no spotting. Pretty much sitting ducks.

On topic: as of 0.8.0.1 hotfix, we are in this weird place where T4-6 CVs are actually quite strong, T8 CVs strong if downtiered, while T8 and T10 CVs in T8-10 matches have little influence anymore.

I've gone back to my hydro Zao build with spotter plane. There's no point spec'ing for AA now.

Edited by Rina_Pon