Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wolven_1

Starting to become rediculous

15 comments in this topic

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
18 posts
9,220 battles

It seems that many of the ships that I and other people want to buy with our hard earned doubloons or/experience are disappearing.

Went to buy the Musashi - gone; went to buy the KII - gone;  Wanted to buy the Massachusetts - gone.

Now you have to buy them with cash and all the not so good ships are still available for Doubloons.

Why take them out of the tech tree so we can't get them?  we have bought the doubloons so you are still getting you moneys worth, it just seems like you are punishing us and now we can't get the ships we want and we have to buy them with more real money.

Also (my normal beef),  Fore Pete's sake nerve the Mighty Mo and the Belfast, make them so they are still good but not over powered and break the game balance and bring them back for all those millions of people who want them, and can't get them because you won't take the time to fix the problem.   I collect like many of us do, and who wouldn't want the Mighty MO.

Seriously, it couldn't be that hard, and you would make lots of sales by just doing this and being fair to those people who will never get a chance of obtaining these ships except by a lottery system which is just a money grab.

Love the game, but developers you can do better!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolven_1

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles

Yes, let’s nerf existing premiums. That couldn’t possible cause a huge outcry in the playerbase.

Oh... wait. That exact thing is happening now.

Beta Tester
682 posts
7,350 battles
2 hours ago, Wolven_1 said:

Went to buy the Musashi - gone; went to buy the KII - gone;  Wanted to buy the Massachusetts - gone.

Now you have to buy them with cash and all the not so good ships are still available for Doubloons.

They generally have a rotation on which ships are available in game for doubloons, and this has nothing to do with their relative power.  Kii and Mass will no doubt be available for doubloons at some point in the future.  It would be nice if all older premiums could be bought in game with doubloons though.  As for Musashi, there has been plenty of notice and plenty of talk of it's removal in the most recent patch.

Also (my normal beef),  Fore Pete's sake nerve the Mighty Mo and the Belfast, make them so they are still good but not over powered and break the game balance and bring them back for all those millions of people who want them, and can't get them because you won't take the time to fix the problem.   I collect like many of us do, and who wouldn't want the Mighty MO.

Missouri isn't OP in terms of it's performance, the issues are that the credit earning potential is much higher than WG want from a ship, and they also don't want BB's to have radar.  Belfast could do with a nerf, but if you think the GC nerf outcry is huge, wait till they try to nerf Belfast...

673 posts
5,383 battles

Went to buy the Musashi - gone

Her removal has been on the news for like 2 patches (over 2 months), so you're just late. And they shouldn't sell T9 prems AT ALL.

Love the game, but developers you can do better!

It'd be the publishers who make marketing decisions.

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles

I can understand why some people are upset about Belfast and Missouri not being available. Some people want them, not because they are OP, but because they are well known and famous ships. People want them for their collections, to sail around in a famous ship. Even if these ships were never as OP as they are, people would still want to buy them.

That said, they were removed for a reason. And I can respect that, though I am generally against WG releasing OP ships (either in performance or earning aspects) only to have to remove them later. They should not have released OP ships in the first place. Of if they do (due to insufficient data during testing) accept that they may need to nerf them, and reimburse their doubloon and/or monetary cost to those who bought them.

For collectors and lovers of real world warships out there, premiums of famous ships should always be available, or at least on a regular rotation. That said, with ships like Missouri and Musashi, there’s a slight problem. I’m with @Paladinum in that they should not sell T9+ premiums AT ALL. While many T9 &10 ships in the game are paper ships and have no to little demand to be in the game, those which were real ships do have demand. Missouri and Musashi both already have sisters in the game, at a high tier, so would logically be included in the game at a similar tier. While Missouri could have (before it was introduced) been nerfed and brought down to T8. Its stretching it already for Musashi at T9. T7 should not see those guns, let alone T6.

Is there a solution? Not really. Players just have to earn Yamato and Iowa and pretend that they are their sisters. Maybe some perma camo could be released that makes them look like their sister ships?

As for Belfast? Not a clue. Maybe if this whole nerfing of GC works out they can look at nerfing other OP premiums in an effort to allow them to be sold again. Don’t think that’s a very good road though.

436 posts
5,486 battles

Having to choose between balancing premium ships, or removing them from sale, I would choose balancing.

Since option 1 causes players to go ballistic, WG is forced to choose option 2.

In practice however, some amount of balancing can be achieved indirectly, like how changing the smoke firing mechanics indirectly nerfed Belfast pretty severely. Also, in practice, artificial scarcity boosts WG's revenue stream. You know it's true.

316 posts
2,336 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

As for Belfast? Not a clue. Maybe if this whole nerfing of GC works out they can look at nerfing other OP premiums in an effort to allow them to be sold again. Don’t think that’s a very good road though.

Hmm. Belfast. What about this for a suggestion. Instead of moving her to T8, ---- where she would be most welcome for "Cherry Blossom". Moving her Hydro to the same slot as Radar and making the player choose which is the priority? This would make her Similar to Fiji and the other cruisers of T7. -- Looking at you USN. How would the players of Belfast feel about that? For me its a non-issue. My own attraction to her is:- She's Famous. An excellent trainer for RN cruiser commanders. And because of her Ammo selection, To use a "Automotive term", she's just a pleasent drive.

GC I'm having trouble seeing her actually as op. --- Probably I don't have enough experienced of her. But I think it is a mistake to uptier these so called "op" ships. Mind you, I think GC would Probably be welcome in T6 OP's. lol.

Alex

B_T23

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles
41 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Hmm. Belfast. What about this for a suggestion. Instead of moving her to T8, ---- where she would be most welcome for "Cherry Blossom". Moving her Hydro to the same slot as Radar and making the player choose which is the priority? This would make her Similar to Fiji and the other cruisers of T7. -- Looking at you USN. How would the players of Belfast feel about that? For me its a non-issue. My own attraction to her is:- She's Famous. An excellent trainer for RN cruiser commanders. And because of her Ammo selection, To use a "Automotive term", she's just a pleasent drive.

GC I'm having trouble seeing her actually as op. --- Probably I don't have enough experienced of her. But I think it is a mistake to uptier these so called "op" ships. Mind you, I think GC would Probably be welcome in T6 OP's. lol.

Alex

B_T23

Not a bad idea. Considering how high tier RN CLs have to choose between smoke and radar. Having to make a choice between any two powerful consumables both keep the gameplay interesting, and provide a passive nerf to the ship without really taking anything away.

Regarding upteiring ships. As someone who plays operations, I have no issue if a ship gets moved to a tier which can play ops. I know, however, that there are many pvper that do not feel the same.

557 posts
7,139 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

they also don't want BB's to have radar.

Inb4 Russian BBs flood the map with Radar...:Smile_trollface:

p.s. I know that they can only spot BBs and CVs with that crappy radar but just sayin

249 posts
12,790 battles
6 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Also, in practice, artificial scarcity boosts WG's revenue stream

gambling mechanic works. Which is why they keep doing it.

[ANZAC]
370 posts
12,267 battles
3 hours ago, Unraveler said:

What's the issue with nerfing Missouri? It's a free ship, same as any other silver ship in the tech tree.

Not quite. I know a lot of people bought.dubloons to convert XP to free XP.

And the principle should stand that any premium classed ship shouldn't be altered directly once released. Once it happens it will just be open season. Of course if global game mechanics are alteredd, eg the smoke fire nerf that's fair game.

And if you think for a second this is about baltnce, it's not. WG would LOVe to be able to sell these ships again. It's about money, pure and simple. 

316 posts
2,336 battles
37 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Hang on a min........ Missouri is OP and comparable to Belfast at it's tier? Wut...

No. "Mighty Mo" is basically a Iowa with radar but without a spotter plane and it has a larger Credit earning capacity. You can play her in Co-OP continuasly and earn really good credits. As for random, the proportion is much larger. Add special flags and camo, 1.5 to 2.5 million credits is common.

Its problem for WG is that it earns to many credits. So many people have the Mighty Mo and use it a lot, and it impacts on WG in game currency (credits) very badly so it had to go. It would seem Musashi is having a similar effect, although its earning potential is a bit less.

Missouri like Iowa is a good ship with a famous name, but apart from her credit earnings there is not that much special about her.

Alex B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

383 posts
3,938 battles

I got both misery and musashi. Both are equally good ship.

I almost miss musashi because i went away for a month break.

If you miss both the ships, get lowa and yamato.

Sign in to follow this