You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pimpcat

Broken game.

16 comments in this topic

[KHUNT]
3 posts
540 battles

I've been playing this game for years and this is by far the worst patch update I have ever seen. You've completely broken the game, no matter what ship you play, you will spend the entire game dodging planes attacks, it literally makes no difference what ship you play. You will find yourself dodging planes 90% of each match, 10% actually playing the game and fighting other ships. It's bad, really bad... Until this crap is fixed I will not be spending another cent on anything.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

[LNA]
1,738 posts
11,012 battles
5 minutes ago, Astto said:

I've been playing this game for years and this is by far the worst patch update I have ever seen. You've completely broken the game, no matter what ship you play, you will spend the entire game dodging planes attacks, it literally makes no difference what ship you play. You will find yourself dodging planes 90% of each match, 10% actually playing the game and fighting other ships. It's bad, really bad... Until this crap is fixed I will not be spending another cent on anything.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Oh you were in the game for only a year. You have yet to see the horror of Midway 2x6 double tap no evasion drop that took 50k of your HP right off the bat or 4x4 skill wall of Hakuryu that will wreck any and all DD in as little as 4 minutes into the game.

I've been there done that man. RTS CV is insanely powerful , without a good CV on your team , you are just target practice. If he want you dead , you are dead , simple as that , and he can hound 3 guys at ONCE instead of one.

You just have not got used to playing with CV in a game , because it was so rare back when you first started. Give it sometime and try to think of ways to counter or discourage CV from harming you too much.

CV is still on going balancing , but it you want to revert it back , good for me , i can go back to insta delete ships.

18 posts

I've been playing Full AA setup wooster and mino with 19 pt captains and noticed  a few things:

1: Red CV bombers and reach your side of map as little as 40s from start of the game,

2: Even with these 2 full AA setup ships , they can torp or bomb me with almost certainty despite evasion

3: Defence AA preformance is very irregular, sometimes effective but other times with 0 shootdown (last game 2 squadrance of torp bombers got me torped twice with wooster def AA on but 0 shootdown, no other ship was nearby)

A bit frastrated trying to adapt to this patch,  happy to  accept a change in play style, but when an AA ship cannot even protect itself  from AA  .................

1,263 posts
10,726 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Oh you were in the game for only a year. You have yet to see the horror of Midway 2x6 double tap no evasion drop that took 50k of your HP right off the bat or 4x4 skill wall of Hakuryu that will wreck any and all DD in as little as 4 minutes into the game.

I've been there done that man. RTS CV is insanely powerful , without a good CV on your team , you are just target practice. If he want you dead , you are dead , simple as that , and he can hound 3 guys at ONCE instead of one.

You just have not got used to playing with CV in a game , because it was so rare back when you first started. Give it sometime and try to think of ways to counter or discourage CV from harming you too much.

CV is still on going balancing , but it you want to revert it back , good for me , i can go back to insta delete ships.

that's cute... because Midway had Jets...

111 posts
15,254 battles

Yep, it's pretty broken. DDs are pointless. Every cruiser at T10 except Minotaur is mostly useless against CV planes (too much RNG). My Atlanta couldn't even shoot down 1 spotter plane today.

This rework was supposed to address, among other things: 1) skill imbalance 2) power of CVs against other classes.

In my first T5-T6 game today, the 2 enemy CVs were both unicums and finished the game with 7 kills between them. Our CVs had 1 kill.

So the skill imbalance is still there, and actually worse.

CVs have rendered DDs too painful to play, since, as OP said, you spent 90% of the game just dodging CV planes.

Streamers I watch from the top clans say the only DD they will play is Grozovoi.

Watch the video below and feel disgusted (and he didn't even abuse the F key).

The player is Kebobstusov: Hakuryu , 4959 base XP, 443k damage, 7 kills. A new NA CV base XP record:

OK, the Hakuryu is being nerfed, but I bet that for a skilled CV player, such as Kebobstuzov, it will be as OP as ever.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1019310493,Kebobstuzov/

Edited by Bunnios

[LNA]
1,738 posts
11,012 battles

You guys arent shooting down any is normal , since hakuryu is a long range torp sniper mostly while midway tank build can press f on red health and be invincible. But that is getting fixed tomorrow. I'll have to recheck my strat. But it seem midway is more hurt than haku. Haku main dps is its alpha torp strike that cant be healed back. Midway have to take risk to set multi fire with bomb and rocket.

Oh that and anything not CV 10 will get shot down by like flies will get fixed too hopefully.

Hah hah, somehow i got a downvote. Maybe its destiny that i may get to one shot sheeps again.

111 posts
15,254 battles

Your stats would argue otherwise.

Hakuryu, before the rework: 42 battles,  42.86% winrate, 922 PR, 80,024 average damage

Hakuryu, after the rework: 13 battles, 69.23% winrate,  1150 PR, 107,197 average damage

1,570 posts
9,754 battles

I wonder if the majority of complains actually just stem from this.

[LNA]
1,738 posts
11,012 battles
53 minutes ago, Bunnios said:

Your stats would argue otherwise.

Hakuryu, before the rework: 42 battles,  42.86% winrate, 922 PR, 80,024 average damage

Hakuryu, after the rework: 13 battles, 69.23% winrate,  1150 PR, 107,197 average damage

This is getting old. Using personal stats to back up argument.

Back then , i have terrible wr because of 3 things :

1/ Terrible stock grind

2/ CV players are hardcore , esp on this server. It is a master race and i'm not the best.

3/ Abusive CV division AKA super unicum fishing division using CV. AA so powerful that you die before kissing the enemy ship. You don't seem to know how stupidly broken those fishing divisions are do you. CV non division suffer and no one want to play (except crazy guy like me).

On new iteration most ship don't die instantly. But back then, oh my i can kill many things right off the bat. Very high alpha strike, enough to delete a cruiser in one go.

Or i can be a jerk and perma spot all 3 enemy dd at once all the time.

New concept is less skill based. Or do you want to eat 12 torps from different angles at once at minimal drop range with almost no hope of dodging ? 

Edited by legionary2099

[LNA]
1,738 posts
11,012 battles
38 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I wonder if the majority of complains actually just stem from this.

Must be that. CV was like once in a bluemoon. And when they step into one , it is almost always a fishing division designed to abuse mechanic.

[KHUNT]
3 posts
540 battles
8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I assume on another account.

Several, yes.

[KHUNT]
3 posts
540 battles
7 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

This is getting old. Using personal stats to back up argument.

Back then , i have terrible wr because of 3 things :

1/ Terrible stock grind

2/ CV players are hardcore , esp on this server. It is a master race and i'm not the best.

3/ Abusive CV division AKA super unicum fishing division using CV. AA so powerful that you die before kissing the enemy ship. You don't seem to know how stupidly broken those fishing divisions are do you. CV non division suffer and no one want to play (except crazy guy like me).

On new iteration most ship don't die instantly. But back then, oh my i can kill many things right off the bat. Very high alpha strike, enough to delete a cruiser in one go.

Or i can be a jerk and perma spot all 3 enemy dd at once all the time.

New concept is less skill based. Or do you want to eat 12 torps from different angles at once at minimal drop range with almost no hope of dodging ? 

I could care less about stats, everybody is entitled to an opinion. At least people are talking about the issues and not throwing insults around.

[LNA]
1,738 posts
11,012 battles
49 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

Basically the hotfix do not fix and create its own problem .. that's the way I see it

The hotfix basically make CV useless at targeting mobsters , just like pre rework meta , AA or not.

My plane dancing in circle thanks to the hotfix, notice that the aiming spot is not where it should be with that facing lmao.

shot-19_02.08_10_24.39-0390.thumb.jpg.4f84a5f1e5126c49da9b4660ec8290fa.jpg