Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MD047

DD's life in 0.8.0. Does it matter anymore!

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

19
[MD]
Member
93 posts

Does these little boats matter, if they does how much really!!

So first of all lets point out obvious questions.

1. Can a DD cap/ contest objective? >> NO, means death from avobe, death with radar and nukes everywhere.

2.Can a DD deal damage to big groups as they are many ships staying in  group to deal with CV? >> Yes but less than usual, cause there is always someone with hydro running in large group.

3. Can DDs get any assistance as they are the most underpowered platform for AA? >> NO, Cruisers save those for themselves as they can't wipe squards as they did before, besides DFAA will run out but planes are not.

4. Can DDs get some spotting damage although it got nerfed due to CV's capability to spot ships is no time? >> LOL, With CVs around(god forbid why there is 2 CV per team) DD's won't get any spotting damage rather than getting killed by CV's quicker for being vangard.

CV rework was much needed and they did a great job from moving out of RTS system. But I can't help it about feeling a passive nerf to DDs. DD's are most vulnerable ship type and very easy kill by CVs as they don't have the AA power to fend off CV.CV's don't even care about droping a des moine anymore why would they be scared of little DD! There are issues and WG will have to fix it as they promised in future updates or at least we hope so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[REPOI]
Super Tester
1,022 posts
14,734 battles

Tried taking out the Udaloi recently? Thats a DD 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts
3,877 battles

Do you think WG don't know this? ofc they do. Just give them time. They need more feedback.
1 week since the released of 0.8.0 and people whining like it's the end of the game. 

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
5 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

Do you think WG don't know this? ofc they do. Just give them time. They need more feedback.
1 week since the released of 0.8.0 and people whining like it's the end of the game. 

Yes I know WG addressed this with a news. They are just testing it on live server. and there was a mention of 0.8.2 with another free everything time coming up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
249
[ULAG]
Member
899 posts
8,291 battles
12 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

Do you think WG don't know this? ofc they do. Just give them time. They need more feedback.
1 week since the released of 0.8.0 and people whining like it's the end of the game. 

They had more than 6 months worth of time to fix CVs and all they came up with was yet another broken solution. How do you expect them to fix this one "over time"?

Edited by _TAMAL_
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[LGND]
Member
295 posts
9,462 battles
6 minutes ago, MD047 said:

Yes I know WG addressed this with a news. They are just testing it on live server. and there was a mention of 0.8.2 with another free everything time coming up.

 

There is A hot fix/ micro patch tomorrow, so make sure u give them feedback..... so they can make another hot fix/micro patch for balancing mechanic.....
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
477 posts
1,474 battles

WG look at statistics, player number is their real concern. 

As long as you keep playing, and it is the most positive feedback to them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts
3,877 battles
1 hour ago, _TAMAL_ said:

They had more than 6 months worth of time to fix CVs and all they came up with was yet another broken solution. How do you expect them to fix this one "over time"?

those 6 months are for the new CV mechanics, AA, etc not for the balancing yet but it will be in the future. 
Broken solution? No they are not, Its good idea but bad execution.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts
3,877 battles
1 hour ago, MD047 said:

Yes I know WG addressed this with a news. They are just testing it on live server. and there was a mention of 0.8.2 with another free everything time coming up.

because PTS is kinda useless for the CV reworked. Lack of players and testers, all of your enemy is a bot and you can't give much feedback because of that. 
In PTS, all players don't wanna play Battleships, Cruisers, Detroyers. All of them want to test the new CV.
Look what happen in live server? it messed up because of lack of feedback in PTS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[HKENL]
Member
160 posts
8,048 battles
51 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

WG look at statistics, player number is their real concern. 

As long as you keep playing, and it is the most positive feedback to them. 

 

i think the income is the real concern. majority may not pay for new ships especially dd and consumables anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[HKENL]
Member
160 posts
8,048 battles
25 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

because PTS is kinda useless for the CV reworked. Lack of players and testers, all of your enemy is a bot and you can't give much feedback because of that. 
In PTS, all players don't wanna play Battleships, Cruisers, Detroyers. All of them want to test the new CV.
Look what happen in live server? it messed up because of lack of feedback in PTS.  

in fact, wg not only rework (buff) cv, they also nerf aa mechanism and captain skills (mfaa, ce, bft, aft).

they should imagine the outcome despite no feedback in pts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
30 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

because PTS is kinda useless for the CV reworked. Lack of players and testers, all of your enemy is a bot and you can't give much feedback because of that. 
In PTS, all players don't wanna play Battleships, Cruisers, Detroyers. All of them want to test the new CV.
Look what happen in live server? it messed up because of lack of feedback in PTS.  

PTS feedback don't help them much, thats why they came up with using live server and player base as lab rats. Thats ok as long as we get good rewards for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
745
[HMASW]
Member
1,849 posts
2 hours ago, Commander_GALEN said:

Do you think WG don't know this? ofc they do. Just give them time. They need more feedback.
1 week since the released of 0.8.0 and people whining like it's the end of the game. 

Try playing Tirpitz or Bismarck, because of stupid MM end up in more t10 matches then no, & with 2 or 3 CVs, see if you can hit anything much before being sunk (complete focussed by CVs as soon as game starts) , or try FDG or GK & tell me how enjoyable it is....

 

I'm limiting myself to play t7 or below now, until this crap excuse for a patch is dealt with....

 

Ordrazz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts
3,877 battles
40 minutes ago, MD047 said:

PTS feedback don't help them much, thats why they came up with using live server and player base as lab rats. Thats ok as long as we get good rewards for it.

Yep!! 
 

 

6 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Try playing Tirpitz or Bismarck, because of stupid MM end up in more t10 matches then no, & with 2 or 3 CVs, see if you can hit anything much before being sunk (complete focussed by CVs as soon as game starts) , or try FDG or GK & tell me how enjoyable it is....

2-3 CVs because too many players are using CV's, In the future WG will limit it to 1 on T10 and rest is 2
You should limit yourself playing the game because as of now all reworked are being tested. AA, CVs, Ships, etc. etc.  

 

7 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I'm limiting myself to play t7 or below now, until this crap excuse for a patch is dealt with....

That's good or play more ranked or scenario. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
745
[HMASW]
Member
1,849 posts
4 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

Yep!! 
 

 

2-3 CVs because too many players are using CV's, In the future WG will limit it to 1 on T10 and rest is 2
You should limit yourself playing the game because as of now all reworked are being tested. AA, CVs, Ships, etc. etc.  

 

That's good or play more ranked or scenario. 
 

Bugger ranked, all they do is sit... No doubt trying to save star... & there's no cap areas...

T7 or below for me.... Preferable anyway... Or scenario...

 

Ordrazz

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
21 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

That's good or play more ranked or scenario.

You know where to play Musashi in current patch ,lol many player has the same idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
477 posts
1,474 battles
3 hours ago, da189 said:

in fact, wg not only rework (buff) cv, they also nerf aa mechanism and captain skills (mfaa, ce, bft, aft).

they should imagine the outcome despite no feedback in pts.

Testing should be done by paid professional testers, community user testing shall be used only for minor fine tuning and exceptional scenarios.

 What WG done for 0.8.0, its like restaurant serve raw ingredient to customer, the blame the customer for not giving "feedbacks" when they complaint

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts
3,877 battles
6 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

Testing should be done by paid professional testers, community user testing shall be used only for minor fine tuning and exceptional scenarios.

 What WG done for 0.8.0, its like restaurant serve raw ingredient to customer, the blame the customer for not giving "feedbacks" when they complaint

:Smile_great::cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[SMOKE]
Member
651 posts
10,034 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 12:59 PM, Commander_GALEN said:

Do you think WG don't know this? ofc they do. Just give them time. They need more feedback.
1 week since the released of 0.8.0 and people whining like it's the end of the game. 

months and months in rework, so many rounds of test, both closed and open and if the still need this to know this, I must say I am not hopeful of anything positive from the Development ... I used to work in development myself in younger years and at the time we all know about REAL field test vs just tesing a feature. The rework looks more like a bunch of individual feature thrown in and any of them might look good individually but sorry 1+1 in this case equate far less than -2

Players should not suffer this kind of faulted, unfinished, and absolutely game breaking UPDATE ( I loath to use that term really ). Any self respectful developer would not deliver such an unfinished product

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts
3,877 battles
1 minute ago, Mechfori said:

months and months in rework, so many rounds of test, both closed and open and if the still need this to know this, I must say I am not hopeful of anything positive from the Development ... I used to work in development myself in younger years and at the time we all know about REAL field test vs just tesing a feature. The rework looks more like a bunch of individual feature thrown in and any of them might look good individually but sorry 1+1 in this case equate far less than -2

Players should not suffer this kind of faulted, unfinished, and absolutely game breaking UPDATE ( I loath to use that term really ). Any self respectful developer would not deliver such an unfinished product

Since you explained it, YEAH :cap_like:
if WG is a small company I might reconsider their worked but since they are a big company, they should have done it right and not releasing a broken/unfinished patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
341
Member
1,313 posts
5,963 battles

if anyone call me to cap without any kind of 'heavy escort', my answer is simple

D.I.Y.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
477 posts
1,474 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 3:19 PM, da189 said:

i think the income is the real concern. majority may not pay for new ships especially dd and consumables anymore.

Company like WG size could not rely on retail sales, it is running the business on shareholder investment and online game investors are always very sensitive to player population figures and trends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
341
Member
1,313 posts
5,963 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, da189 said:

i think the income is the real concern. majority may not pay for new ships especially dd and consumables anymore.

Nah~~~ I stop give them money ever since they implement radar years ago.

now the CV, I even start to 'regret' given them money before.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[MD]
Member
93 posts
16 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

Company like WG size could not rely on retail sales, it is running the business on shareholder investment and online game investors are always very sensitive to player population figures and trends.

Player Base will always be an issue, Cause in virtual world thats the only thing that matters, They said its a free to play game and it certainly is. You can earn everyship in game if you spend enough time, of course we all don't have that luxury.If you think about buying something they offer thats up to you. 

Your money your decision. Click it on your own risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×