Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IM_NOOB_DONT_FIRE_ME

0.8.0.1 Hakuryu still not Nerf

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
46 posts
14,154 battles

I'm really glad to see the WG made some change in new CV mechanics but I'm wondering if WG really realise what's the problem with Hakuryu and why this ship is OOOOP after I read the info about Hakuryu nerf in 0.8.0.1. In the 0.8.0.1, WG will nerf the aiming time and immediate return to carrier by pressing F. These changes would be useless for changing Hakuryu. I'll explain why the aiming time and immediate return (F key) nerf would be useless. 

The most Hakuryu players make a huge dmg because they use second torpedo boomer option, which is 4 torpedo boomer per squadron. Since the new CV appear in game, a lot of non-CV players start to stay together to build a cross AA fire against CV attack. But this method is useless for 4 torpedo boomer/ squadron Hakuryu because for the Hakuryu players, they only need to approach to  the route of a group of ships and continually launch torpedos 3 times without precise aiming.Non aiming launch torpedos means the 12 torpedo will cover a very wide range on the ships route and since the aviation torpedos are very hard to be find like a deep water torpedo (there is no sign  on the water) and the ships stay very close to each other, which is huge target in a small area, the torpedo can hit target very often. There is no time to respond and manoeuvre when see the incoming torpedoes. 

For the immediate return (F key) nerf, it might affect Midway a lot but for the 4 TB squadron Hakuryu, it's not a nerf because they don't even need to get in AA fire very long. Since the Hakuryu doesn't need aim and the IJN torpedo boomer has a very good concealment and fire range, they can launch all the torpedoes in a very short time (approx. 8km-1st, 6km-2nd, 4km-3rd). The Minotaur and Worcester have the longest AA fire range in game (6.9km). when their long-range AA guns start to fire the Hakuryu has finished second launch and has started third launch. They don't even need to get mid-range AA gun fire range or get in very short time, which means they don't need to often use F to save planes. 

This CV rework has made so many players unhappy and there might have been a serious result. But WG please, if you really wanna make a good balance, find out the real problem and do more test ok?? like the 8.0.1, it doesn't fix the old problem and make the balance more terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
149 posts
3,877 battles
47 minutes ago, IM_NOOB_DONT_FIRE_ME said:

Since the Hakuryu doesn't need aim and the IJN torpedo boomer has a very good concealment and fire range

Well not anymore.
If you read the article, it is a massive nerf

Aiming time and accuracy will have a big nerf to Hakuryu. So no more accurate drop. 
Also didn't you read that the Haku Torp will increase its detection and decrease the torp speed
so no more Stealthy Torp and the torpedoes will be dodgeable because of slow speed. 

 

51 minutes ago, IM_NOOB_DONT_FIRE_ME said:

I'll explain why the aiming time and immediate return (F key) nerf would be useless. 

This will be a nerf for Hakuryu also. 
the restoration time will decrease too.
meaning when you are spamming torp planes, you cant have full squadron anymore. 
since they nerf the speed and returning of planes. 

 

53 minutes ago, IM_NOOB_DONT_FIRE_ME said:

it doesn't fix the old problem and make the balance more terrible.

I didn't see any problem for the Hot fix but it is a progress for the balance you ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
907 posts
3,307 battles

BIG nerf for hakuryu, from 12 planes per squadron to 9, and 4 planes per attack to 3.

This will guarantee 1 pass per squadron before all planes deleted in most attacks.

And you get back to ur cv to find you don't have any planes left you got to wait for them to resupply. oh dear.

 

Within a short period all cv players will just stop bothering, and WG back to square one.

Saipan already sucks, rockets completely useless, only fires 4, and they spread out wide enough for planets to pass between.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[ANZAC]
Member
437 posts
14,290 battles

And don't forget the huge nerf to IJN flooding chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
768
[MRI]
Member
1,872 posts
10,833 battles

Looks like it was overnerfed ... but I think it is better this way.

It is better to start off a bit underpowered and adjust upwards to a balanced state then to have it the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[HKACC]
Super Tester
21 posts
4,449 battles

Well things might get even worse for DD after this hotfix I guess as CVs now may tend to focus more on DD because it is the only class with AA that might not be able to knock out squads and allow multiple runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[151ST]
Member
1,200 posts
5,727 battles

Classic WG,

Nerf/buff everything all at once without any consideration for the interdependencies.

There is one good point in all this though. A better place to start a balance cycle is having zero stupidly broken ships.

IMO they really need to start with AA, get it into a good spot and then address CV balance from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
505
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
824 posts
8,121 battles
20 hours ago, IM_NOOB_DONT_FIRE_ME said:

I'm really glad to see the WG made some change in new CV mechanics but I'm wondering if WG really realise what's the problem with Hakuryu and why this ship is OOOOP after I read the info about Hakuryu nerf in 0.8.0.1. In the 0.8.0.1, WG will nerf the aiming time and immediate return to carrier by pressing F. These changes would be useless for changing Hakuryu. I'll explain why the aiming time and immediate return (F key) nerf would be useless. 

The most Hakuryu players make a huge dmg because they use second torpedo boomer option, which is 4 torpedo boomer per squadron. Since the new CV appear in game, a lot of non-CV players start to stay together to build a cross AA fire against CV attack. But this method is useless for 4 torpedo boomer/ squadron Hakuryu because for the Hakuryu players, they only need to approach to  the route of a group of ships and continually launch torpedos 3 times without precise aiming.Non aiming launch torpedos means the 12 torpedo will cover a very wide range on the ships route and since the aviation torpedos are very hard to be find like a deep water torpedo (there is no sign  on the water) and the ships stay very close to each other, which is huge target in a small area, the torpedo can hit target very often. There is no time to respond and manoeuvre when see the incoming torpedoes. 

For the immediate return (F key) nerf, it might affect Midway a lot but for the 4 TB squadron Hakuryu, it's not a nerf because they don't even need to get in AA fire very long. Since the Hakuryu doesn't need aim and the IJN torpedo boomer has a very good concealment and fire range, they can launch all the torpedoes in a very short time (approx. 8km-1st, 6km-2nd, 4km-3rd). The Minotaur and Worcester have the longest AA fire range in game (6.9km). when their long-range AA guns start to fire the Hakuryu has finished second launch and has started third launch. They don't even need to get mid-range AA gun fire range or get in very short time, which means they don't need to often use F to save planes. 

This CV rework has made so many players unhappy and there might have been a serious result. But WG please, if you really wanna make a good balance, find out the real problem and do more test ok?? like the 8.0.1, it doesn't fix the old problem and make the balance more terrible.

A couple of points you may not be aware of.  Pressing the recall key and releasing your ordnance produces the same effect on the planes - they go into 'return home' mode.  This means that the nerf to invulnerability in return home mode is the same regardless of whether you do a normal drop or a recall.

The issue with this is, and the reason why the entire premise of your post is incorrect, is that when you release your ordnance your planes go into AI control in 'return home' mode, and AI control does not avoid flak.  It now takes 10 seconds (I believe, I'm actually not sure of the exact time, it's much longer than previously) for the planes to go invulnerable, and in that time you are flying through AA and not avoiding flak.  In other words, all your planes die, even against a single target.  Every time.

What this means is that if a CV doesn't want to get deplaned five minutes into the battle, then they need to not attack cruisers or BB's, be they alone or in multiples.  They can attack DD's pretty effectively if they are alone however (have fun DD's!).  They can also choose to take off, drop ordnance next to the CV till only one wave is left, then use that to attack a target since in most cases you won't get more than one release in, and you'll only lose a single wave instead of your whole squadron to get that attack off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,319 posts
12,804 battles

No,very massive nerf,overnerfed.

1.Press F,planes stay for 5s then leave.

2.Aiming time for Hakuryu's torp planes tripled,from 1.5s to 5s.This even applied to short range torp which only has 2 torp planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×