You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

about radar change in 8.1 (and some trivia matter)

15 comments in this topic

1,192 posts
5,614 battles

so, the new radar change in 8.1 is the delay spotting for every other ship that doesn't use said radar.

it's 6 second

..... do you think is enough???

my shimakaze take 40 second to reach full 39 knot speed (with engine upgrade equip) 

6 second is like .... 15 knot ... no nearly fast enough to dodge or anything till 100+ shell will fly over me.

on top of all, it seem WG plan to extend radar action time even longer.... well, crap.

to me personally, I want at least 10 sec, it like 20+ knot okay to wiggle and dodge some shell

------------------------------------

and other thing.... WG do you ever take physic class???

'reverse engine' must&should bring speed down 'faster' than simply 'stop' engine.

I try in training room.

either simply stop engine, or put to full reverse. speed decrease rate is the same

physic doesn't work that way dude

Edited by PGM991

615 posts
6,720 battles
2 hours ago, PGM991 said:

so, the new radar change in 8.1 is the delay spotting for every other ship that doesn't use said radar.

it's 6 second

..... do you thing is enough???

my shimakaze take 40 second to reach full 39 knot speed (with engine upgrade equip) 

6 second is like .... 15 knot ... no nearly fast enough to dodge or anything till 100+ shell will fly over me.

on top of all, it seem WG plan to extend radar action time even longer.... well, crap.

to me personally, I want at least 10 sec, it like 20+ knot okay to wiggle and dodge some shell

------------------------------------

and other thing.... WG do you ever take physic class???

'reverse engine' must&should bring speed down 'faster' than simply 'stop' engine.

I try in training room.

either simply stop engine, or put to full reverse. speed decrease rate is the same

physic doesn't work that way dude

We’ll have to see how it pans out. Hopefully, if the concept works, WG will be willing to extend the time if they feel it needs further balance.

While not enough to get out of radar range , 6 seconds should be enough to start turning around. Most experienced DD players should already have strategies in place to deal with radar. This minor delay should give them enough time to implement them. If you are capping with a radar ship in the area, you should already be positioned to escape behind the nearest island. This change does not excuse DDs for not playing carefully. It gives them a chance.

And no, it will not protect them from a Worcester. But if a DD is in a position to have a Worscester openly shoot at him, it should be a position where the Worcester can only shoot at him if he exposed himself to the DD’s allies.

What this change will really help is against those radar ships who immediately hide behind an island near a cap circle, with no intention of firing on the DD, and proceed to light it up for the rest of their team.

Beta Tester
693 posts
7,381 battles
4 hours ago, PGM991 said:

it's 6 second

No, no it isn't.  10-15 seconds would be more reasonable.

It takes most ships longer than 6s to get their guns on target.  The only ships that are doing this quicker are DD's and some cruisers if they were already pointing roughly in that direction, and obviously for the ship activating the radar they can fire immediately.  Everyone else is not impacted at all since they get to see the DD on the minimap, they get a nice new aura from the radaring ship to tell them radar is up, and they can start to aim as soon as the radar is activated.  However given many radars have had their durations buffed this means that despite not losing a salvo at the start of the radar period, they are still potentially gaining a salvo at the end.  This means overall DD's will take more damage in radar periods than before.  It will also take DD's longer to get out of radars, since they have all had their ranges buffed, and that means more damage taken.

So overall with the aura change increasing everyone's awareness that radar is active, leading to faster aiming and less radar double ups, the range buffs, and the duration buffs, these are significant buffs to the radar consumable.

I can't see why radar needs to be buffed, when WG has stated that it was too effective repeatedly recently, and that's what motivated then to do the change.  As a DD main, I'd be much happier if they left radar as is rather than do these changes.

689 posts
5,409 battles
4 hours ago, PGM991 said:

it's 6 second

It should be proportional to the duration of the radar. Like 6s for 30s radar, 10s for 40s radar, etc. Or proportional to the range of the radar. 6s for US radar, 10s for Russian cruiser radar.

There is ZERO reason to increase the duration of radar due to this delay.

They are hellbent on screwing over DDs, one way or another.

264 posts
8,682 battles

nothing change i think, playstyle still same.....
because evertime when i using radar, my teammate always late when shooting radared ship lol
it will only delay your dead from massive aiming, but u still dead from single radar ship :v

88 posts
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

We’ll have to see how it pans out. Hopefully, if the concept works, WG will be willing to extend the time if they feel it needs further balance.

While not enough to get out of radar range , 6 seconds should be enough to start turning around. Most experienced DD players should already have strategies in place to deal with radar. This minor delay should give them enough time to implement them. If you are capping with a radar ship in the area, you should already be positioned to escape behind the nearest island. This change does not excuse DDs for not playing carefully. It gives them a chance.

And no, it will not protect them from a Worcester. But if a DD is in a position to have a Worscester openly shoot at him, it should be a position where the Worcester can only shoot at him if he exposed himself to the DD’s allies.

What this change will really help is against those radar ships who immediately hide behind an island near a cap circle, with no intention of firing on the DD, and proceed to light it up for the rest of their team.

3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

It should be proportional to the duration of the radar. Like 6s for 30s radar, 10s for 40s radar, etc. Or proportional to the range of the radar. 6s for US radar, 10s for Russian cruiser radar.

There is ZERO reason to increase the duration of radar due to this delay.

They are hellbent on screwing over DDs, one way or another.

Somewhere i've seen rdar duration increased for low duration radars. 

Also Remember the target will be lit up at minimap instantly, and we have that little circle to shoot at using minimap. So shells will fly around but not as precise as before. 

580 posts
7,156 battles
2 hours ago, Gesterbein said:

nothing change i think, playstyle still same.....
because evertime when i using radar, my teammate always late when shooting radared ship lol
it will only delay your dead from massive aiming, but u still dead from single radar ship :v

This^

On top of that they are increasing range, duration or both for most of the radar ships...

615 posts
6,720 battles
2 minutes ago, MD047 said:

Also Remember the target will be lit up at minimap instantly, and we have that little circle to shoot at using minimap. So shells will fly around but not as precise as before

I think that will mostly only happen if it’s urgent, like you have to kill DD in 6 seconds or you lose.

Many players, especially those with longer reloads, will simply aim and wait 6 seconds.

An even larger amount won’t be paying attention to minimap, and will probably only notice the DD when it pops up in front of them.

And there will always be those players who ignor the DD anyway, even when it fully appears. Either because tunnel vision, not paying attention, or think there’s something better to shoot at. While I’m known to take a shot at a radared DD in a BB (if there’s nothing more important to shoot at), I’m not going to waste my shot blind firing.

410 posts
15,380 battles

Nah. Does not matter when you use the ultimate dd spotter.

Launch the planes CV!

And oh yes, while we have rpf on planes, stick on a radar consumable too for fun.

- wg, sucking the Fun out of Fun since whenever.

442 posts
5,521 battles

6 s seems about right. Enough time for a DD to either get its engines up and running, or, if mobile, turn through 90 degrees.

Remember that most times the enemy ships take a few seconds to rotate their turrets, aim, and get a shot off after they spot you. I'd say all told a DD is going to typically get a 10 s head start.

Which, for intelligent DD players who already know where the enemy radar ships are and have positioned accordingly, is going to be enough time to disappear out of radar range around the time the first shots land. Even if they are stuck closer, it means they'll already by kiting hard by the time they appear in view to the rest of the enemy team.

It's a radar nerf, but I don't think it will make a huge practical difference in World of CV 2.0, where for DDs radar is now the last on our list of worries.

More interesting to me in the list of the proposed changes for 0.8.1 is that detection by hydro and detection by radar will be distinguishable. (Yay! Finally!!) In addition, ships on your team that pop radar or hydro will have that indicated in the minimap. This was another thing on our collective want list.

And finally it will be possible to batch open containers. It's the little things, maybe, but they make the difference.

1,697 posts

I think it would be fair that radar should only highlight the enemy ship TO THOSE IN RANGE..  If I'm on the other side of the map, I dont care if the enemy is spotted... I can't shoot at it..... & 6 seconds is bull%*%$.... Probably 10 seconds would be fairer, otherwise by the time the engines fire up the timer has expired, resulting in nothing to the escaping ship.... In other words virtually pointless....

& this would count for cruisers as well as DD's.....

Ordrazz

273 posts
8,531 battles

6s is marginally OK even for fast DD, and I could not imagine it would be fine for stealthy CL .... which also rely on stealth to get in range