You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheURLguy

[UPD 12/2] Update 0.8.0.2 Hotfix

15 comments in this topic

9 posts
6,825 battles

I have persisted in trying to come to terms with the rework of CV's. The tier 4 CV's are ineffectual and may as well have been completely omitted from the game. With 0.8.0.1 changes the remaining CV's will be just as bad.

I keep asking myself why do I play CV's at all.

Alpha Tester
841 posts
3,175 battles

Can we sell our tier 10 Hakuryu for free xp and credits?.

In 080 patch with 12 planes, it could only attack select targets due to overpowered AA on 3/4 of all ships.

THIS IS WHY THE F KEY AFTER FIRST ATTACK TACTIC WAS EMPLOYED

In 0801 patch with only 9 planes, and 3 planes per attack pass, this CV with the other nerfs added, will be a handicap to any team. Like all other CVs currently are anyway.

The RNG appears to have been enriched in combat, please in the interest of transparency, clarify (same as WoT went from 15% rng to 25% rng approx). 

[OICNT]
2 posts
1,237 battles

0.8.0  I've played shokaku for the entire week and I've got 250k xp (about 70 games, 70-120k dmg, more than 1k base xp, about 7-9k xp include flag and camo, premium acc).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.029c8a34bb2016bfe024fc72e100bb23.png

Most of the time I was placed in Tier X battles(60 games +). I can torp anyone that's alone or almost have no AA. When they grouped up my planes were like a small fry and funny thing for them CV just can't do anything beside F away to that grouped up ships and ships camping behide island.

What I said is mean CV can only target lonely ship that doesn't have OP AA (Its you Worcester).

Alright I get it if a planes can fly freely in hell of AA fire would be OP too so you forced our plane to stay in hell longer and nerf to Maneuvering on top of that you reduced the chance of flood so now what ?

Where did you drop your torp? In front of the ship as close as armed range can to avoid torp beat and get nothing back while you got shoot in the ass? This may not be possible anymore without losing some plane.

Big thank for the buff for dive bomb this stupid plane is so hard to aim, inaccurate, 0 dmg or low dmg citadel and always lose half of squadron for 1 run.

What japan CV specialize in now? since you remove the feature to maneuvering while aiming. Stay still while aiming I guess.

I'll try this Hotfix today and hope its still be a choice to play instead of lump of metal flying in the air.

EDIT: After playing in 0.8.0.1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.516f7aa2bc59243c4d19959df25a92c5.png

image.thumb.png.bf698228c3156baf02a01dacb236c58f.png

In short "Not worth your time to play CV its just lump of metal flying in the air"

Edited by Athpon

1 post
1,146 battles

I'm very disappointed with this patch as it made CVs pretty much a nightmare to play, especially when up-tiered.

Regardless how much you try to maneuver your planes, they always end up being shot down after attacking due to continuous dps, so what skill do matter here when you can't save your planes in anyway?

Buffing continuous dps now make aa cruiser uncounterable when they sit behind islands.

Lower-tiered CVs now suffer form losing ENTIRE squadron  when attack higher-tiered ship as their retreat key is useless, which takes at least HALF a battle to regenerate.

I respect that other classes could avoid attack from planes, but skilled CV players should be able to inflict a lot amount of damage and can enjoy the gameplay, which in this patch it DOES NOT happend. Keep in mind that carrier have to sacrifice their defenses (armor, concealment, maneuverability ...)for their attack power.

Beta Tester
3 posts
2,900 battles

Can I have an option to kamikaze my planes instead since they now never return when I press F? Thanks!

Edited by k9pit7

[LGND]
3 posts
4,512 battles

well, once i take a look on this nerf, i already thought that this is the bad patch ever after released to the players who tried the CV. 

it is FUN before the hotfix, but the DD it self is suffering (i think almost suffering). But, per today, how to play this CV role, is not something that i want as a CV main. 

the only consideration is the tier X, because their take a long time to wait for the Aircraft Restoration time. i think USN Midway is the most suffering right here, i'm still able to play with hakuryuu. The only main problem here is the Aircraft Restoration time for Tier X (also the AA are seriously madness, i think it's not quite enjoyable for the first person who want to try their first sail using the tier X). 

for the rest of it. it's not FUN again for the other tier. 

like, the enterprise almost do nothing unless it can spot the enemy?, not even reach the Defenceless AA that being protected by the nearest cruiser that's not an AA ship can wreck and torn her plane easily?

Looks like, my entire CV line gonna stop until here again until WG do something regarding this CV hotfix. there's no meaning to this CV Rework..

Alpha Tester
841 posts
3,175 battles

After 080 and lasting for ONE WEEK:

Saipan got up tiered, and became a dead weight to any team.

Hakuryu became playable and fun, as any tier 10 end game ship really should.

After 0801 and lasting for UNKNOWN time to date:

Saipan still dead weight to any team she curses with her presence.

Hakuryu same as Saipan. Although my team did win a game yesterday while the Hakuryu player did 5k damage, the CV spent all game flying in circles spotting and deploying fighters.

HOWEVER: one cannot classify any particular ship as "OP" or "UP" if the match maker is coded to ensure that in 99% of battles that ship is to matched to itself.

Matching any ship to itself for two teams to both have the same ship, negates any overpoweredness or underpoweredness.

Please ensure 0802 is delivered in one week also, and rebuffs the CVs to being FUN TO PLAY.

Alpha Tester
841 posts
3,175 battles

0802 update:

CV hakuryu is fun to play, I have come to really enjoy the new cv playstyle.

Damage is usually a little low, but I'm not the best player in any class of ship.

AA still seems very powerful, I don't even consider attacking cruisers tier 9-10, or enemy CVs and even some tier 10 DD's still shred plane squadrons.

For some strange reason I'm getting 3-4 DDs per team, which gives my Hakuryu good hunting with rocket planes, and oh boy do I hear about it from the DD players, but that means we as CV are doing our job.

A lot of our contribution to a good win seems to be simply from spotting or protecting a cap from DDs, I'd appreciate it if WG implemented some kind of benefits to the players who are lighting up enemy targets for the team to fire upon, ala the spotting bonuses in WoT.

Thanks WG, devs and WoWS team, things are looking really really great.

Please sell premium CV's soon, I got da cash money, and would love a british or german CV.

And remember: rockets rule, watch out DD players!.

17 posts
5,151 battles

I like the part when WG give player Free Commander Reskill & Redistribution on wrong AA patch and then test with doubloon on hotfix patch.

Thanks you Wargaming it was great value AA test.