You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
D_for_Detonation

To all the DD mains saying they will uninstall their game, STOP complaining and adapt to the new meta

82 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
Super Tester
21 posts
4,449 battles

1562336022_2019-02-06(1).thumb.png.df1b8c5fb27e1fb871db2efab8fcd3ae.png

image.thumb.png.72bab64a036d8fb4f027cfc1c4fd1fcf.png

I know I am going to be downvoted for this but I am gonna do this.

I mean players playing DD should stop crying about the change towards the CV saying they are being perma spotted. Learn to disable your AA with the "P" key and stay undetected during the match. Learn to not rush into cap during match start and kill yourself blaming it is the CV rework killing all the fun. Learn to go into cap when CVs planes are on the other side of the map. And learn to switch your AA sector when necessary.

The thing is I feel like players nowadays are crying so much about having a disadvantage whenever possible. To me, CV spotting is actually a lot better because CVs now can only send out one squad a time instead of multiple squads, which they can use to scout several spots and caps of a map. DDs on high tier are just not used to having CVs in their game because they were so rare back then. And now when people are playing CVs in high tier they start to cry whenever they see CVs in their pre-match lineup. They are already talking about to nerf radar so that only radar ship can detect you for the first moment. How about we just remove detectability from DDs once and for all......... For god's sake, stop crying and learn to adapt to the new meta.And yes, pls play CV yourself to learn how they are gonna spot and kill you so you can adapt....

Oh and Yes, CV planes can no longer spot torps too......

Cheers

Edited by D_for_Detonation
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 18
  • Angry 2

[-BRO-]
470 posts
9,971 battles

I have to agree with you, I've taken a few of my DDs out in the last week (I only have up to T8) and found it ok, just had to change my play style to be less aggressive but still supporting the team. Even ones with weaker AA like Cossack have options.

I suspect the main reason for the crying is mostly because of the fact there are CVs in the game, pretty much all the CV related stuff was worse before the rework. The main difference is that there are CVs in many more battles now.

Edit: having said that there are some very serious balance issues surrounding CVs, Hakuryu in particular is complete BS.  At this stage I will not play T8-10 games anymore as there are a large number of Hakuryu captains busily exploiting the game. Also as much as T10 CV's are OP, the others suffer to much from +2 MM, they can't get any attacks off resulting in games where you're lucky if you break 5k damage.

Edited by Sparcie
additions
  • Cool 2

[REPOI]
Super Tester
1,022 posts
14,734 battles

Just dont be afraid to cap late. Let the enemy DD get obliterated first. 

[-FUN-]
300 posts
4,013 battles

Im not gonna uninstall, I just play other classes for now. Esp with this meta, USN BB looks good

288 posts
368 battles

Why people downvote him?

People need to give argument instead even its contain crap opinion.

We need to remove downvote button. This is only encouraging elitist and toxic.

You are half right and half wrong

1. People need to play CV to know ITS weakness.....

2. Adapt to meta is good, but...

3. There is always rage quit option... what will happen if a lot of player rage quit?

I am rage quit right now because my Hakuryu is missing.... If WG didnt give me back my Hakuryu or free xp....

I am going to *

To be continued

• Bad 2

1,855 posts
6,025 battles
1 hour ago, D_for_Detonation said:

The thing is I feel like players nowadays are crying so much about having a disadvantage whenever possible.

Every BBaby since forever.

Anyway, this CV rework does one thing to DDs: punish any DD who strays too far from the team doing their thing (capping and spotting). With the fact that ships in a flank now flock together for warmth against an aircraft-filled winter, DDs have to stay with that slow-moving flock to avoid aircrafts and with doing that, they basically forfeit their primary roles and their existence in the game becomes gradually more pointless. Historical accuracy? WG have to either buff AA power on DDs or reduce their air detection range.

Also aircrafts do spotting better than DDs now. They have the vision range of most cruisers and superior speed, which (potentially) allow them to spot the entire enemy team right after the match start.

I think it's more or less harder to permaspot DDs in this rework, when the planes are going back to the ship it's free range time. Unlike the RTS CVs where cheeki CV captains just leave a fighter squadron over a cap and let the DD in there crying salt (I know, I totally did). 

Defending cap is also very easy with rocket aircrafts, at least right now when F key abuse is still a thing. In this aspect I still think DDs do better than aircrafts.

DD's existence may become more pointless as consideration of an (unnecessary) increase of radar duration is announced. Yeah I like radar seeing through islands but there are too many ships with radar and radar duration is a pain in the aft.

• Bad 4

[SH0T]
836 posts
9,698 battles
1 hour ago, D_for_Detonation said:

1562336022_2019-02-06(1).thumb.png.df1b8c5fb27e1fb871db2efab8fcd3ae.png2019-02-06.thumb.png.6ff44de8941f781f8ebdcfce28270ccd.png

I know I am going to be downvoted for this but I am gonna do this.

I mean players playing DD should stop crying about the change towards the CV saying they are being perma spotted. Learn to disable your AA with the "P" key and stay undetected during the match. Learn to not rush into cap during match start and kill yourself blaming it is the CV rework killing all the fun. Learn to go into cap when CVs planes are on the other side of the map. And learn to switch your AA sector when necessary.

The thing is I feel like players nowadays are crying so much about having a disadvantage whenever possible. To me, CV spotting is actually a lot better because CVs now can only send out one squad a time instead of multiple squads, which they can use to scout several spots and caps of a map. DDs on high tier are just not used to having CVs in their game because they were so rare back then. And now when people are playing CVs in high tier they start to cry whenever they see CVs in their pre-match lineup. They are already talking about to nerf radar so that only radar ship can detect you for the first moment. How about we just remove detectability from DDs once and for all......... For god's sake, stop crying and learn to adapt to the new meta.And yes, pls play CV yourself to learn how they are gonna spot and kill you so you can adapt....

Oh and Yes, CV planes can no longer spot torps too......

Cheers

Probably a BB main....maybe you should tell the BB mains to support the dds as well while you are at it? DD players complain because they are the ones most affected by any changes. Small hp pool and mostly no heal means they get messed up the worst.

Do you know what a DD can do if he is perma spotted during an entire match?

Next to nothing, spot a few torps and spam some torps himself. 

[HKACC]
Super Tester
21 posts
4,449 battles
8 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

DD's existence may become more pointless as consideration of an (unnecessary) increase of radar duration is announced. Yeah I like radar seeing through islands but there are too many ships with radar and radar duration is a pain in the aft.

Well not really. DDs now are becoming much more important than before. People now are less and less willing to go into cap because of this and when a DD sees the opportunity and cap a point or two, can actually determine the outcome of the match via points.

• Bad 1

[SH0T]
836 posts
9,698 battles
1 minute ago, D_for_Detonation said:

Well not really. DDs now are becoming much more important than before. People now are less and less willing to go into cap because of this and when a DD sees the opportunity and cap a point or two, can actually determine the outcome of the match via points.

That's always been the case, its just a lot harder now to do that.

1,855 posts
6,025 battles
2 minutes ago, D_for_Detonation said:

If they can survive, that is :Smile_teethhappy:

[HKENL]
160 posts
8,048 battles
10 minutes ago, D_for_Detonation said:

Yes, if you deal with noob CVs  :Smile_teethhappy:

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,808 battles
33 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

The irony of this comment is that in the real world(tm), BBs and CAs are now being scrapped in favour of DDs which can perform all the tasks except are much cheaper. Only two classes of ships needed: CV and DDs. (Soon DDs will be obsolete by even smaller botes.) Actually, 3. Subs. CVs to kill DDs, subs to sink CVs and DDs to sink subs. Hey, that is the perfect perfect balance system. Rock-Paper-Scissors. Scrap BBs and CAs, introduce subs and that will be wows 0.9.0. Balance issues solved. Skill issues: never solved.

• Funny 2

1,313 posts
5,963 battles

first cheat program Radar

now balabce breaker CV

it's clear as day now that WG don't want player to play objective.

If team are camping, I'm camping.

if team are pushing, I'm pushing.

.....wait... where are my identity if I'm do the very same thing as every other class?

welp, at least I have 20 km torpedoes design to kill any potatoes.

1,855 posts
6,025 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The irony of this comment is that in the real world(tm), BBs and CAs are now being scrapped in favour of DDs which can perform all the tasks except are much cheaper. Only two classes of ships needed: CV and DDs. (Soon DDs will be obsolete by even smaller botes.) Actually, 3. Subs. CVs to kill DDs, subs to sink CVs and DDs to sink subs. Hey, that is the perfect perfect balance system. Rock-Paper-Scissors. Scrap BBs and CAs, introduce subs and that will be wows 0.9.0. Balance issues solved. Skill issues: never solved.

I agree, but this game favors BBs the most...

• Bad 1

477 posts
1,474 battles
14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I agree, but this game favors BBs the most...

Wows was initially called Battleship, and the game dynamic was design deep in its roots to be a Battleship era gun battle game.

CV air power had to be dwarfed so much balance with battleships guns in this game. Consider that WWII CV group air power control 40000 sqm area. While battleship could barely manage 2000sqm.

[CLAY]
1,179 posts
8,076 battles

1. Yes, it is harder to play DD now.

2. It was ALWAYS hard to play DD in any game with a CV. You ALWAYS got perma-spotted with old CVs. How is now any different?

3. Biggest problem DDs face from CV's now is how effective the rockets are against them. WG have acknowledged this, and are looking to do something about it.

4. From T8+ DDs rushing into cap first usually died anyway, due to radar.

5. It IS frustrating, being a fast ship, having to hang back with the slower ships, but DDs can no longer be invisible ninjas. On the plus side, I think planes can not spot torpedos.

6. Surface ships do have to learn how to support DDs. This means don't be a sniper at the back of the map, and sometime you WILL need to push forward and take some damage.

7. WG still balancing the game, see what its like in a few months.

• Cool 2

[HKACC]
Super Tester
21 posts
4,449 battles
8 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

3. Biggest problem DDs face from CV's now is how effective the rockets are against them. WG have acknowledged this, and are looking to do something about it.

image.thumb.png.f588ea3ca668891994a76f44f582bcfd.png

I agree balancing is needed but it is actually hard to hit DDs with rockets considering DD are very maneuverable and rockets have movement associated accuracy debuff. So it is effective, but you need to know what you are doing to be effective.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

6 posts
6,458 battles

As a jack of all trades, I stand between your argument. It is true that people need to adapt to the new meta but you can't deny that the current state of CVs is also affecting a lot of other classes and I hope WG will fix it.

Oh, unrelated question. Mind PMing me the girl from your profile picture? For science.

Edited by Kusoteitoku9029

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles

You are in a KIDD which has excellent AA and saying "Adapt". How about play some games with a dd that doesn't have even remotely reasonable AA(or not meant to be build for AA because it has better things to do), which is basically majority of the dds in the game.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
824 posts
8,103 battles
5 hours ago, D_for_Detonation said:

Sure, but the main DD issue is you can't actually hide, since Radio Location leads planes straight to you.  I've played a bit of CV since the patch, and it's laughably easy to find a DD when I have no idea where he is - I just follow the 'go this way to find DD' pointer.  This is stupid and has to be removed, RL should not work for CV's at all.

Once that is removed, as a DD you can use your air concealment rating and keeping your AA guns switched off to put yourself in smart positions and make the CV waste time that could be spent attacking other ships trying to find you.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles

CVs now can only send out one squad a time

Yeah, every 20 second... good luck "relocating" in 20 seconds.

They are already talking about to nerf radar

Do you even read what the devs say about changes? The proposed changes make radar way more OP than before. Almost all radar ships are getting either range or duration or both buffed to adjust to the upcoming changes.

Edited by _TAMAL_

[HKACC]
Super Tester
21 posts
4,449 battles
Just now, _TAMAL_ said:

Yeah, every 20 second. 

Do you even read what the devs say about changes? The proposed changes make radar way more OP than before. Almost all radar ships are getting either range or duration or both buffed to adjust to the upcoming changes.

You have a 6 second window to get away. How is that going to make radar OP? Yes, radars gonna have longer duration but considering that 6 seconds window there is plenty of time to get out of range for radar detection. As a DD you get into a cap with the anticipation to leave cap if necessary if situations occurs, instead of sitting in smoke waiting for radars and random torp drops.
Anyway I am bringing out the fact that DD players should adapt instead of complaining, why even mentioning radar changes.... 😓

And as for the plane cycle time they are already increasing the time for action of the F key so planes are gonna be shot down after their run and there will be a longer time for CV to send out refreshed squads to go after you as a DD.

• Bad 1

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles
11 minutes ago, D_for_Detonation said:

You have a 6 second window to get away. How is that going to make radar OP? Yes, radars gonna have longer duration but considering that 6 seconds window there is plenty of time to get out of range for radar detection. As a DD you get into a cap with the anticipation to leave cap if necessary if situations occurs, instead of sitting in smoke waiting for radars and random torp drops.
Anyway I am bringing out the fact that DD players should adapt instead of complaining, why even mentioning radar changes.... 😓

And as for the plane cycle time they are already increasing the time for action of the F key so planes are gonna be shot down after their run and there will be a longer time for CV to send out refreshed squads to go after you as a DD.

6 seconds to get away from what? The radar ship will still be able to instantly see the dd when he pops radar(as it is right now) and his teammates will be able to see him after 6 seconds. Considering that the radar ship has always been the biggest threat, having a delay for his teammates to see you doesn't matter that much. Not to mention, they will be able to see the dd in minimap and they are also introducing some visual indication of a ship using radar which will help the teammates become aware. In practice, 6 seconds is about the time it takes for an average teammate to identify the presence of dd, turn its guns and concentrate fire on it. So this will not change anything but will instead make it worse because now the radar ship has better chance to kill you off.

Yes, they have addressed the 'F' key issue and some other issues, but how it actually gets implemented is yet to be seen. People will definitely find out a way to exploit the new system. WG somehow doesn't understand that CVs simply cannot be balanced in a game like WoWs. The ship which made all 3 main classes obsolete can't reallistically remain in the same game with the other 3 main classes.

Edited by _TAMAL_
  • Cool 1

[MRI]
1,857 posts
10,798 battles
16 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

You are in a KIDD which has excellent AA and saying "Adapt". How about play some games with a dd that doesn't have even remotely reasonable AA(or not meant to be build for AA because it has better things to do), which is basically majority of the dds in the game.

To be fair though, he only got 1 plane kill. So it seems he wasn't affected too much by planes.

Or perhaps he was unlucky and somebody else kept on kill stealing his plane kills.

Or maybe the enemy CVs decided to avoid him for whatever reason. That could explain how he was able get 3 caps in 1 game, 2 of which were solo caps.

• Cool 2

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles
Just now, Thyaliad said:

To be fair though, he only got 1 plane kill. So it seems he wasn't affected too much by planes.

Or perhaps he was unlucky and somebody else kept on kill stealing his plane kills.

Or maybe the enemy CVs decided to avoid him for whatever reason. That could explain how he was able get 3 caps in 1 game, 2 of which were solo caps.

CV avoided him because the enemy CV knows the capability of KIDD. It has great AA and players also build for AA in that thing. Most CV players know that.

• Cool 1