Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Don72

T6 Ryujo and Mid Tier CV Grumble...

2 comments in this topic

12 posts
3,449 battles

Hi guys, so I've decided to come back and try out the new CV rework, and is it just me or are T6 and T8 CV's just really difficult to do well in? I've been using T6 Ryujo and T8 Kaga and in every match, flak bursts just pop up on top of me so there's no way to avoid them. You can't fly up and down, only left and right, so if a wall opens up right in front of you you planes are shredded.

Kind of frustrating having 40 - 60 planes knocked down each match, and nothing you can do about it.

What are your experiences with mid tier CV game play?

691 posts
5,409 battles

I have Ryujo myself and am grinding so Shokaku (to punish anyone who owns a Musashi I see).

Flak bursts can be avoided as long as you can stay at range, and I usually speed up my planes before going in for a strike - suicidal-like tactic, but it usually works. I have to pick my targets, usually a ship that isn't known for having good AA. That means I WILL avoid attacking ships with many DP guns (because those guns put up the most flak bubbles), like Fuso (why does Fuso have such terrifying AA anyway?).

WG are working for several "fixes" for CVs, one of them being the "F key abuse". Basically you can use F to disengage immediately and your planes will return to the ship invulnerable. Before that happens, keep abusing the F key if you want another squadron. Another "fix" includes flak bubbles being nerfed, and short- and mid-ranged constant AA aura being buffed.

Sign in to follow this