You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Performance issues since 0.8.0

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
167 posts
3,826 battles

has anyone else been getting freezing and really low fps in the port since the new patch i have a RTX 2060 Amd 2700X Ryzen 7 and 16gbs of DDR4 ram so its not my computer

1,260 posts
10,726 battles
28 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

WOWs port have always being laggy

Try lowering dynamic lightning

doesn't help I've changed everything to get that okayish experience but apparently there will always be frame drops, black screens and freezes.

88 posts

Same issue here, Though my PC is very low spec for this game. Yet I can play. But gotta admit game crush increased after 0.8.0

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
205 posts
6,869 battles

None at all here, but since shortly after last patch I stopped playing so can't be certain sorry. 

9 posts
9,129 battles
On 2/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, unknownaussie said:

has anyone else been getting freezing and really low fps in the port since the new patch i have a RTX 2060 Amd 2700X Ryzen 7 and 16gbs of DDR4 ram so its not my computer

Yeah me to, I've been locked out of games, sitting there watching the clock counting down, then no participation, get abused for un-cop behaviour, it happens in the domination games mainly, 3x in Strait dom -- 3x in Loop dom -- 2x in Hot Spot dom --2x in Sleeping Giant dom,   have to sit there watching my team unsupported getting shredded one ship down to start with, never ever had this happen before, not sure what to put it down to, it's only happened in the last three - four weeks.  

1 post
558 battles

Yep mine is locking up a fair bit - last night my lap top locked up 2 games in a row - so I tried my wife's desk top and it locked up first game then every-time I tried to get back in - before the 0.8.X.X updates it was OK. I'm currently using a MacBook Pro, OS: Current Apple System, Processor: 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.7GHz) 8MB L3 cache, RAM: 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory, GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memoryHDD: 2.6GHz – 512GB solid-state drive, Internet connection: 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless; IEEE 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 4.0 to NBB - fibre optic to node.

Maybe the computer performance for the game has risen beyond the performance of my computer. Its a pity if it has because I started playing because my computer seemed to be able to handle it easily.

198 posts
1,474 battles

Looking at the way MODS were made. The game engine is actually a bit weired, There was the original 3D engine which handle the ship model, then there is another menu and map layers running on top of the 3D model, but implemented in FLASH. 

I found these layer to be extremely heavy on memory and CPUs. except it has nothing to do with the combat 3D graphics

Edited by tsuenwan