You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Performance issues since 0.8.0

23 comments in this topic

[-NI-]
Beta Tester
177 posts
4,042 battles

has anyone else been getting freezing and really low fps in the port since the new patch i have a RTX 2060 Amd 2700X Ryzen 7 and 16gbs of DDR4 ram so its not my computer

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
28 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

WOWs port have always being laggy

Try lowering dynamic lightning

doesn't help I've changed everything to get that okayish experience but apparently there will always be frame drops, black screens and freezes.

[MD]
93 posts

Same issue here, Though my PC is very low spec for this game. Yet I can play. But gotta admit game crush increased after 0.8.0

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
281 posts
7,248 battles

None at all here, but since shortly after last patch I stopped playing so can't be certain sorry. 

10 posts
10,770 battles
On 2/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, unknownaussie said:

has anyone else been getting freezing and really low fps in the port since the new patch i have a RTX 2060 Amd 2700X Ryzen 7 and 16gbs of DDR4 ram so its not my computer

Yeah me to, I've been locked out of games, sitting there watching the clock counting down, then no participation, get abused for un-cop behaviour, it happens in the domination games mainly, 3x in Strait dom -- 3x in Loop dom -- 2x in Hot Spot dom --2x in Sleeping Giant dom,   have to sit there watching my team unsupported getting shredded one ship down to start with, never ever had this happen before, not sure what to put it down to, it's only happened in the last three - four weeks.  

[LFTF]
1 post
1,690 battles

Yep mine is locking up a fair bit - last night my lap top locked up 2 games in a row - so I tried my wife's desk top and it locked up first game then every-time I tried to get back in - before the 0.8.X.X updates it was OK. I'm currently using a MacBook Pro, OS: Current Apple System, Processor: 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.7GHz) 8MB L3 cache, RAM: 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory, GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memoryHDD: 2.6GHz – 512GB solid-state drive, Internet connection: 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless; IEEE 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 4.0 to NBB - fibre optic to node.

Maybe the computer performance for the game has risen beyond the performance of my computer. Its a pity if it has because I started playing because my computer seemed to be able to handle it easily.

477 posts
1,474 battles

Looking at the way MODS were made. The game engine is actually a bit weired, There was the original 3D engine which handle the ship model, then there is another menu and map layers running on top of the 3D model, but implemented in FLASH. 

I found these layer to be extremely heavy on memory and CPUs. except it has nothing to do with the combat 3D graphics

Edited by tsuenwan

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,549 posts
5,145 battles

Im getting terrible UI lag in port, black screens and everything is slow when alt-tabbing.  Shocking performance that I have never had in WOWS.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
14 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Shocking performance that I have never had in WOWS

same here since 0.7.9 I guess

45 posts
3,312 battles
On 2/6/2019 at 12:42 PM, unknownaussie said:

Since the CV updates I've been getting freezes regularly. I usually only last 2or 3 battles before it freezes (usually at a crucial moment too of course) and then it takes forever restarting and going through all the painfully slow start up windows - usually manage to get back on only to find I've been a sitting duck and been sunk. It's really starting to piss me off.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,240 posts
12,396 battles
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, unknownaussie said:

Yes.

[SH0T]
836 posts
9,698 battles

Port is total trash( I mean worst of any game Ive ever played).

In battle has dropped a heap of frames since "REWORK"( [content removed] really cant call it a rework can you? Cluster [content removed] seems to fit better?). From around 140fps down to around 50-60 at times.

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

[TF44]
[TF44]
119 posts
11,788 battles

In game - I have a significant number of games where FPS has dropped to 30-40. I have also experienced ping increases into the 400's.

In Port - All screens take longer to load. Sometimes the screens load with only placeholders which fill in after a further delay. This happens more frequently when I change ships in the carousel with the module tab selected.

Checks of my connection indicate that the bandwidth and latency are fine. I have reset the modem & re-booted PC without any improvement. There are no other devices active on my connection.

\o/

• Cool 1

[HMASW]
1,849 posts

thank you, ive been having these issues myself..... i thought it was just me....

the FPS problem has only started since 8.1, though port lag & other lag has been around since 8.0 hit us....

Ordrazz

666 posts
5,322 battles

UI sluggishness, Port lag, FPS drop in the battle, Sound tearing issues..... I mean, these are the problems that existed since a long time ago. WG should've updated the game engine.

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
17 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

WG should've updated the game engine.

PUSHING OUT SHIPS IS MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                       -WG

• Funny 1

[HMASW]
1,849 posts
7 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

PUSHING OUT Aircraft Carriers & stuffing them up IS MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                       -WG

FIFY

[AN-DO]
316 posts
7,081 battles

I'm also getting laggy moments in port, nothing too upsetting but with my rig it shouldn't be happening at all

[NZSQN]
52 posts
9,541 battles
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, unknownaussie said:

"Hello, Commander.
Thank you for contacting us.

As a solution to this issue, you can try the following steps:

Download the following archive: http://dl-support.wargaming.net/wows/ru/diag/WorldOfWarships.zip

Unpack it in any empty folder

Replace the file worldofwarships.exe in the game folder with the unpacked file

Launch the game and check for the issue

Please inform us of a result." 

Maybe that will help?

• Cool 1

[NZSQN]
52 posts
9,541 battles
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, unknownaussie said:

Still get the occasional freeze frame, but still playable.  Now back to the Mission

[INRC]
108 posts
5,292 battles

This happened to me too.

There is no change at all with my setting, and it was work fine in previous patches.

After patch 0.8.0, I always late to enter the battle. After the battle is even worse: it is freezed and never reach the battle result. At the end it is auto disconnected and back to login screen. I play with laptop and it is not the best spec. however there were never any issue before patch 0.8.0.

I have make sure all the junk files are cleared and the hard drive is already defragmented properly.

My spec is: i5, 4GB Ram, NVdia 930M, 500GB hard drive (139 GB free space).