Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[UPDATED Feb 26th, 2019] Dev Blog's bundle of new news

27 comments in this topic

829 posts
5,528 battles

Tier change for Iulius Ceasar, 5 -> 6. No buff, just to see how this works out. Put Belfast to T8 to see how that pans out LOL (great suggestion Dev Blog commenters).

Buffs to the Terrible Destroyer.

Buffs to Russian BBs (surprise surprise...). IIRC reducing air drag coef WILL make the shells retain more of their velocity, which contributes positively to their penetration power. I can be wrong of course.

2,117 posts
10,178 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Tier change for Iulius Ceasar, 5 -> 6. No buff, just to see how this works out. Put Belfast to T8 to see how that pans out LOL (great suggestion Dev Blog commenters).

Buffs to the Terrible Destroyer.

Buffs to Russian BBs (surprise surprise...). IIRC reducing air drag coef WILL make the shells retain more of their velocity, which contributes positively to their penetration power. I can be wrong of course.

Good, Luigi Cesare would be useful in Operations now.

Secondaries on her are TERRIFYING.

772 posts
8,204 battles

Due to the maintenance work, World of Warships will be not available from 5:00 (UTC+8) to 6:00 (UTC+8) on 8th February

Is this the hotfix??? ( been.very very hopeful)

1,300 posts
11,892 battles
13 分鐘前,Darkworld_2015 說:

Due to the maintenance work, World of Warships will be not available from 5:00 (UTC+8) to 6:00 (UTC+8) on 8th February

Is this the hotfix??? ( been.very very hopeful)

Probably yes.

1,300 posts
11,892 battles
4 小時前,BIGCOREMKP0I 說:

With the fun added, more upgrade slots, also it needs a damn spotter consumable, making her powerful equal that to Bayern and Fuso.

Also need more HP.45000 is nothing compared to T6 BB's average.(Unless it's Borgon)

829 posts
5,528 battles

UPDATED:

Azuma (T9) is a Free Exp. Her T10 counterpart - Yoshino, will be for Coal (if that ship has 356 mm I'll be so pissed).

Neutralshiny - the T9 Russian DD, will be for Steel. Counterpart of Black.

Edited by Paladinum

647 posts
7,548 battles
13 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

UPDATED:

Azuma (T9) is a Free Exp. Her T10 counterpart - Yoshino, will be for Coal (if that ship has 356 mm I'll be so pissed).

Neutralshiny - the T9 Russian DD, will be for Steel. Counterpart of Black.

Nice, I can now safely save up fxp for Alaska and Coal for Yoshino and not even bother about Azuma :v Thank you WG. Finally, a great decision that I completely agree with. 

Wonder how the Neustrashimy will perform against my Black tho, considering they are basically competing each other in the same category in Arsenal :3

829 posts
5,528 battles
17 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Yoshino is doubtful the 356mm B-65 with torps and better Anti air.

bad news for you.

That is not a cruiser. I won't be the only one who is against it if that would be what Yoshino is.

647 posts
7,548 battles
28 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Yoshino is doubtful the 356mm B-65 with torps and better Anti air.

bad news for you.

I doubt that is the case. My guess is it will be the pre nerf Azuma, but with cruiser dispersion and 30 mm armor allover... those will be enough to make it viable in t10. And if WG feels like it then they may also add torps or hydro or both. Let's just wait and see what they come up with. 

Edited by _TAMAL_

829 posts
5,528 battles
13 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I doubt that is the case. My guess is it will be the pre nerf Azuma, but with cruiser dispersion and 30 mm armor allover... those will be enough to make it viable in t10. And if WG feels like it then they may also add torps or hydro or both. Let's just wait and see what they come up with. 

Yeah, Azuma with 30 mm plating, 20s reload, torps and hydro at T10 sounds a billion times better than a T7,5 BB sailing around as a cruiser.

Azuma would have between 41k-50k HP as a BB. That's less HP than Hull B Lyon (53k), the T7 BB with the least HP of the tier.

Edited by Paladinum

647 posts
7,548 battles
42 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Yeah, Azuma with 30 mm plating, 20s reload, torps and hydro at T10 sounds a billion times better than a T7,5 BB sailing around as a cruiser.

Azuma would have between 41k-50k HP as a BB. That's less HP than Hull B Lyon (53k), the T7 BB with the least HP of the tier.

There's too many BBs in the game already. Also with RU BBs coming soon(with their ridiculous stats), I don't think we need any more BBs. Specially not from the Arsenal...we are already seeing how Musashis and JBs are ruining this Ranked season. Cruisers and DDs are always welcomed tho

Edited by _TAMAL_

829 posts
5,528 battles
6 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

There's too many BBs in the game already. Also with RU BBs coming soon(with their ridiculous stats), I don't think we need any more BBs. Specially not from the Arsenal...we are already seeing how Musashis and JBs are ruining this Ranked season. Cruisers and DDs are always welcomed tho

The HP estimation for Azuma is just an example of how bad the ship can be as a BB. There is always a NON-necessity of more BBs in this game.

German free xp/Coal ship when

829 posts
5,528 battles

NERFS AND BUFFS!!!

Viribus Unitis (after being uptiered) and Exeter got the hammers, Yahagi and Neutralshiny got the gold.

Edited by Paladinum

326 posts
4,063 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

NERFS AND BUFFS!!!

Viribus Unitis (after being uptiered) and Exeter got the hammers, Yahagi and Neutralshiny got the gold.

Remove RP from Exeter, fine, remove smoke as well? I have said this before: WG don't know where to stop when it comes to RN ships. Look at the tech tree ships. FFS.

Incase you derped and didn't notice, they only removed the Smoke Generator and not the Repair Party as well.

829 posts
5,528 battles
27 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Incase you derped and didn't notice, they only removed the Smoke Generator and not the Repair Party as well.

Correct. I suffered an attack of dyslexia and derped. Will edit.

723 posts
7,117 battles
13 hours ago, Paladinum said:

NERFS AND BUFFS!!!

I suppose being a T5 CA with repair party is enough. Would be cool if you had the option of rp or smoke. But given slow reload and assumed large ‘firing in smoke’ penalty, it’s probably fine. CAs should have different characteristics than CLs anyway.

829 posts
5,528 battles

[UPDATE 21st FEB 2019]

CV changes, Monarch and Conqueror nerf, who cares (Not me!).

Paper battleship "Georgia", carrying the experimental naval 457 mm guns.

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-cvs-georgia-monarch-conqueror-edec87929837?fbclid=IwAR2GPqHZDNpKE9jSrhx5hQNb-VgABosF35DHIZODBiL_PCU6-R1Dm0z-j7s

Still no German free xp/Coal ship, I see.

Edited by Paladinum

829 posts
5,528 battles

[UPDATE 21st FEB 2019]

Also 0.8.2 April's Fool event - more space battles.

"Arsenal" will be changed into "Armory". Sounds absolutely horrible and unnecessary.

Edited by Paladinum

829 posts
5,528 battles
18 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

That 6 gun US BB seems like a testimony to how terrible WG's development plans are right now...

No German free xp/Coal ship announced yet is the testimony of how terrible WG's development plans are right now. How hard is it to copy-paste an FdG???

That ship should have 3x3 or 4x2, not 3x2. 3x2 with 30s reload and an abominable 732 m/s muzzle velocity is just... awful (792m/s already grinds my gears). May as well purely be an AA platform due to the DD-like AA sector reinforcement stats.

3x2 is spectacularly un-American. 3x2 is more German or British than American. Which US BB class(es) even had 3x2 main gun layout?

Edited by Paladinum

647 posts
7,548 battles
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

No German free xp/Coal ship announced yet is the testimony of how terrible WG's development plans are right now. How hard is it to copy-paste an FdG???

That ship should have 3x3 or 4x2, not 3x2. 3x2 with 30s reload and an abominable 732 m/s muzzle velocity is just... awful (792m/s already grinds my gears). May as well purely be an AA platform due to the DD-like AA sector reinforcement stats.

3x2 is spectacularly un-American. 3x2 is more German or British than American. Which US BB class(es) even had 3x2 main gun layout?

I guess they are just throwing stuff at us right now without any definite plan on where to go with them... What surprises me is despite having so many historical options, why the hell would you go for a paper one? -__- 

322 posts
8,765 battles

To me the whole Coal / Steel / FXP exchange ship simply reflect that big gun mentality WG have ... there is still no news and more likely no plan for similar to be offered for CL, DD, and no less CV ...

Sign in to follow this