Sub_Octavian

[0.8.0] First CV rework tweaks and changes

13 comments in this topic

Untouchables
26 posts

Dear players,

It's been less than a week since update 0.8.0 release - a major, and probably the biggest change in the game yet, CV rework. We want to share the first list of fixes, changes and tweaks that are to be implemented to improve new CV and counter-CV gameplay. But first of all we sincerely thank you for your feedback and game activity, as well as apologize for any stress and inconvenience that you could experience due to massive game change :Smile_honoring:

Please note that all information in this post is preliminary.

1. Critical changes and fixes that we're working on right now (to be implemented within 0.8.0 in "hotfix" update ASAP).

• Reduce the excessive efficiency of IJN tier X CV Hakuryu;
  • Reduce the excessive efficiency of IJN Torpedo Bombers (reduce flooding chance, introduce spread debuff when maneuvering);
  • Resolve the "F-spam" issue, when a CV can just recall its squadron at any time without considerable penalties (increase the vulnerability time for the squadron after recall so that players can shoot down some planes before it completely disengages);
  • Do overall AA balancing: shift a part of damage from flak bursts to constant DPS. Flak bursts proved to be an interesting aspect of AA. However, on the one hand, they deal disproportional amount of damage, and on the other hand, avoiding them often results in completely insufficient damage to the planes;
  • Do overall Attack Planes vs. Destroyers balancing. While this is an important thing to do, we would like to indicate that most players seem to underestimate the power of manual AA activation ([P] by default). Due to great DD concealment, if often makes sense to turn AA off until spotted. A DD spotted at minimal range is a lot harder to hit with the first attack run even with rockets. Although, this trick does not remove the need for further balancing;
  • Do additional Premium CV and UK CV (unreleased) balancing;
  • Remove the inconsistency between Des Moines and Salem in close/mid-range AA;

2. Changes and improvements that we work on now in the timeframe of next updates (0.8.1 and beyond).

• Improve plane reserves UI (information should me better presented);
  • Improve AA sector UI (better usability);
  • Do additional balancing for individual ships, armament, skills and upgrades, as the statistical data is being accumulated;
  • Clear the minimap for non-CV ships (remove the unnecessary info about returning planes, etc);
  • Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles);

3. Open questions and concerns to be researched in more detail and addressed if needed (no specific update planned yet, but it may change).

• The amount and quality of CV spotting in the new meta;
  • MM limits (our ideal limit is 1 CV per team, very few cases of 2 CV (and always 1 at tier X, but right now the limit is 3 across the board): we would like to change the limits where/when possible.

As indicated before, these are the first plans after several days of release. We will keep monitoring your feedback and update you about any further changes.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles

Commander skills For CounterPlay against CVs

As of now to counter the CV we have to dedicate Basic Firing Training which is 3  Points + Advanced Firing Training which is 4 + Manual Anti-Air Defense which is 4 again = 11 Points of commander skills just to counter one ship (which I'm saying on behalf of your own words)

MM limits (our ideal limit is 1 CV per team, very few cases of 2 CV (and always 1 at tier X, but right now the limit is 3 across the board)

Sector Reinforcement it is all fine with the UI and all but once CV gets to fly to another side I have to change sides quickly or he'd disappear(or actually has already disappeared).

Also Damage per second within shell's explosion radius is xxxx is it the maximum damage done or I'm really confused as do these explosions even last a second?

Premium Ships Also on the situation of altering AA capabilities of Premium ships which were sold for their AA capabilities (Atlanta and Kidd) I would like to know more about these

Premium Time With the adding for CVs for consistent testing and 2 CVs per game it has made life miserable for players like me.. but sure it is for the game's improvement But I invested in the game for me to have some fun time which has been ruined(sorry if it sounds harsh and selfish but money is hard earned) Will we get our time back? because all I can do is nothing because there's CVs everywhere. I don't want to play ranked as it gets frustrating as well but my goal at ranked was always R10 which this season I started at R10. Also I cannot division in ranked so basically saying I have to play Random Battles but with CVs Like you quoted

as well as apologize for any stress and inconvenience that you could experience due to massive game change

It caused lots of frustration. :Smile_sad:

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[O7]
2,448 posts
15,682 battles

No mention of fixing the broken reimbursements?

[AUSSI]
15 posts
5 hours ago, Sub_Octavian said:

• MM limits (our ideal limit is 1 CV per team, very few cases of 2 CV (and always 1 at tier X, but right now the limit is 3 across the board): we would like to change the limits where/when possible.

I think this would help a great deal, as per MM prior to patch 8.0.

[CAZNA]
Alpha Tester
9 posts
6,881 battles

I   feel that we have drifted from fact to fiction with CVs and their planes. Why do the planes have the ability to fire 2 salvos instead of one? I mean I was not aware of torpedo planes

carrying 2 torpedoes  using them without rearming.

By  doing the above and cutting down on the AA  strength on ships I feel they Wargaming is just out to make money by forcing us to go the carrier route.

On a high note I enjoy following players on Twitch playing carriers and not wasting my money(truth be known I am not a good Player)  I just like to play.

Regards Jauger

[ZUIUN]
Alpha Tester
458 posts
9 hours ago, Sub_Octavian said:

snip*

Please take all the time you need. All year if you must. Co-op and scenarios are just so much more fun without CVs to harass us anymore. Quite frankly I won't miss CVs if they are removed from the game altogether.

• Cool 1

[ESTIA]
[ESTIA]
26 posts
6,637 battles
Please reinstate the compensation of the aircraft carrier.

It is supplementing the warehouse.

[LGND]
295 posts
9,462 battles
On 2/5/2019 at 12:24 AM, Sub_Octavian said:

Please note that all information in this post is preliminary.

1. Critical changes and fixes that we're working on right now (to be implemented within 0.8.0 in "hotfix" update ASAP).

• Reduce the excessive efficiency of IJN Torpedo Bombers (reduce flooding chance, introduce spread debuff when maneuvering);
  • Do overall AA balancing: shift a part of damage from flak bursts to constant DPS. Flak bursts proved to be an interesting aspect of AA. However, on the one hand, they deal disproportional amount of damage, and on the other hand, avoiding them often results in completely insufficient damage to the planes;
  • Remove the inconsistency between Des Moines and Salem in close/mid-range AA;

so it means no more stealth 8km hak TB right ?
and AA will bring Constant damage, not random 300~800 damage even though u had 1400 damage AA or 2030 damage AA....
cool when this patch will implemented ????

Edited by Gesterbein

[ULAG]
11 posts
5,178 battles

After the update 0.8.0 I researched and bought Japanese CV line with FREE EXP. Because it was was really good. Currently at T8 . But with hot fix the next ship is not very attractive anymore. And I just found out that if I sell these CV,s I wont get my FREE EXP back. Please return my FREE EXP ( you can keep the credits). it took a long time for me to gather those FREE EXP.
Thanks.

[KAMI]
1 post
1,720 battles

I have never posted on a forum in my 20+ years of playing any game. But never have I been more frustrated with a game. I have officially stopped playing, as all I enjoyed playing were Destroyers. It was bad enough that Radar would expose you, render your smoke useless and goodbye to 2/3rds of your hitpoints once everyone targeted you. Well now with planes being lethal, they take away the remainder of your hitpoints in seconds. So really, playing a DD is rendered obsolete. I'll come back in 6 months to see if any developers have evened up the playing field. If not, my love affair with this game is officially over.