Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

I've sold my Carriers.... Anyone else?

24 comments in this topic

[HMAS_]
1,880 posts
12,493 battles

I've sold my carriers now, yes, even my Saipan... Making it the only premium I've ever sold.....

I thought now that CVs have gone to complete :etc_swear: that I will put my recovered free EXP & dubloons & credits (not that I need credits) , into a more useful ship....

Now I need to decide what I'm going to get next, I might get 2 more battleships, or more captain skill upgrades... :cap_hmm:

Any NON DD suggestions on what to buy?

Anyone else care to say they've got rid of their carriers now everything's stuffed up?

:cat_bubble:

Ordrazz

• Funny 1

149 posts
3,877 battles
17 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I've sold my carriers now, yes, even my Saipan... Making it the only premium I've ever sold.....

Didn't you know that the newest patch is a testing phase to WG, to see how it would affect to anyone.
they didn't have much players in PTS where tester/players always encounter bot as an enemy, that's why they can't leave so much feedback on the rework. 
that's why also they force the CV rework in live server in order to get more feedback even though they know it's broken.

[REPOI]
1,322 posts
11,806 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_GALEN said:

they didn't have much players in PTS where tester/players

Proves a point there doesn't it, there are not many who actually want to play CVs...

[ULAG]
904 posts
8,380 battles
31 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I've sold my carriers now

Can you please tell me how to fix the UI bug in inventory? I can't sell the CVs because they are showing as XP refund instead of free XP refund 😞

149 posts
3,877 battles
1 minute ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Proves a point there doesn't it, there are not many who actually want to play CVs...

also look how tester failed in the PTS, all the tester are only focus on AA.
they forgot one thing on how it would affect in every class of ships. 
look what happened to the DD in live server. they're doomed in early game. 
as I said in the back, WG is using the latest patch to get more information and feedback. 

149 posts
3,877 battles
Just now, _TAMAL_ said:

Can you please tell me how to fix the UI bug in inventory? I can't sell the CVs because they are showing as XP refund instead of free XP refund

If you bought a CV after the patch, you can't refund it as Free exp.
but if you bought and researched a CV before the patch 0.8.0. you can refund free EXP. 

[ULAG]
904 posts
8,380 battles
12 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

If you bought a CV after the patch, you can't refund it as Free exp.
but if you bought and researched a CV before the patch 0.8.0. you can refund free EXP. 

Edit : ok it is official...I just didn't read it(or mayb it wasnt there in the article at all the last time I read it -__- ). But that doesn't make any sense. Didn't they say that we will be able to reset the entire line and start from the scratch if we want? How am I supposed to know if I like the CVs if I dont play them at all in the new patch? 

Edited by _TAMAL_

[BLESS]
638 posts
6,987 battles
45 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I thought now that CVs have gone to complete :etc_swear: that I will put my recovered free EXP & dubloons & credits (not that I need credits) , into a more useful ship....

Hi @Ordrazz

Could you elaborate? Is it the interface you don't like, the new viewpoint, or the ineffectiveness of the plane attacks?

Under 8.0 I've now played CA,CL,DD and BB at various tiers, and am pretty comfortable with 2 CV games with any of those ship types and match-ups. Yep, it hasn't even dented my Shiratsuyu WR (67.5%), and I always equip TRB. CVs seem to be pretty powerful, but, as Jingles said recently, they are no longer more powerful than any other ship in the game. There's some residual weirdness in that some ships seem to have very powerful AA that shouldn't, while others that should have seem to have got nerfed somehow, but generally the balance seems to be pretty much there.

My main concern all along is that for all the good things, the re-worked CVs won't be attractive to play. Being more powerful than any other ship in the game was the reason people played CV. With that gone, and the simplifications of CV gameplay generally, the question then becomes what is the draw? Why bother? That's why I'm curious to learn why you don't want to play CV anymore.

Edited by Rina_Pon

[ULAG]
904 posts
8,380 battles

Has WG lied to us then? They said before patch that it will be a Win-Win situation for every one. Anyone can "try them out" because if they dont like it then they'll be able to refund. I'm pretty sure the last time I read the refund article, there was no mention of this BS. Why isn't anyone talking about this? This is not acceptable from a company like WG...they should remain loyal to what they say:etc_swear:

3,538 posts
7,880 battles
11 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Has WG lied to us then? They said before patch that it will be a Win-Win situation for every one. Anyone can "try them out" because if they dont like it then they'll be able to refund. I'm pretty sure the last time I read the refund article, there was no mention of this BS. Why isn't anyone talking about this? This is not acceptable from a company like WG...they should remain loyal to what they say:etc_swear:

There's no point to entrust them because they were happy to see players get mad 

So I sold every of CV pieces to unlock better tier 10 that I waiting for 

3,538 posts
7,880 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

Any NON DD suggestions on what to buy?

Anything you need make high fire rate I prefer to Harugumo Daring Gearing Yue Yang 

OR ship sniping by torps

[ULAG]
904 posts
8,380 battles
2 minutes ago, THAI_THIEF said:

There's no point to entrust them because they were happy to see players get mad 

So I sold every of CV pieces to unlock better tier 10 that I waiting for 

Well, if they maintain this attitude and refuse to give me refund in fxp, then I may have to end up doing that but this type of attitude cannot be accepted. I'm surprised that nobody is talking about it

3,538 posts
7,880 battles
1 minute ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Well, if they maintain this attitude and refuse to give me refund in fxp, then I may have to end up doing that but this type of attitude cannot be accepted. I'm surprised that nobody is talking about it

That's the true of their intentions 

• Funny 1

[ULAG]
904 posts
8,380 battles
30 minutes ago, THAI_THIEF said:

That's the true of their intentions 

I'm honestly not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious...:Smile_trollface:

3,538 posts
7,880 battles
3 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

I'm honestly not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious...:Smile_trollface:

WHY DON'T SERIOUS?

[CLAY]
1,340 posts
8,483 battles

I sold my Saipan and bought a Sharnhorst. To date, only played it in ops. Which is heaps of fun, more than I ever had in Saipan. But then again, Saipan was originally an impulse buy when I was still quite new to the game.

So 100% worth it.

[DISF]
21 posts
6,584 battles

I keep them. I know that they are replacement ships, not the ship I had been playing, but I still feels attached to them especially  my Kaga. This also has to do with how I love CV and the planes IRL.

388 posts
4,269 battles

I don't play cv much but i use some part of it to buy neptune. It time to shred some planes! 

[1NATN]
575 posts
18,804 battles

Seems premature to just table flip and walk away. I mean, I know CVs are in a bad place, but I’m pretty confident WG will fix it, too. 

Alpha Tester
908 posts
3,331 battles

Suffering with Saipan currently and racking up a lot of reports and negative karma while doing so, thanks WG, I sure hope you are ignoring those...

Winning about 1/6-8 battles, but is that purely to Saipan NOT being able to do much damage to anything tier 8<?.

Or is that just poor "random" teams not being able to do THEIR part?.

Either way, same win loss ratio as when Saipan was 'OP".

And taking a hell of a lot of abuse in battle chat too fyi btw WG, saying how I deserve it for playing such an OP CV. Thanks for that too.

Then approx 1/10 battles I'll get 80k dmg. It's a kind of magic. Or coding.

I do see the tier 10 cv planes being more resilient to AA fire, and am pretty keen to get to tier 10 ASAP, but would also appreciate the opportunity to purchase other premium CVs, especially the graf zeppelin.

I will endure the Saipans dark hours, and wait for the WG light to turn on.

[HMAS]
35 posts
17,533 battles

I've sold all my cv s except starting tier.  Going to wait until settle down,  maybe a couple of patches, before re grinding.

For cv players i think the gameplay is more immediate rather than the previous sit back style.  

For others we are still in a mode of adapting to new regime, as bb player i knew that if i dodged a torp run safe for next say 4 minutes, now dodging is continuous.   

So the issues come down to balance, cv players who adapted to new style still have overwhelming advantage over those that don't. 

Positive

i am seeing is more cooperation being forced on teams, 

Negative 

There is still balance issues, which seems to be main theme above

I believe that a return to one cv per team per match, say t7 plus would be an improvement and maximum cv per team two.  

Big positive for me, sale of cv s freed enough fxp to be able to buy Alaska day one.

Which is why WG delayed release, didn't want everyone to trade ib cvs for Alaska. 

[HMAS_]
1,880 posts
12,493 battles

@Rina_Pon

I don't like the way the game has taken a HUGE turn with this latest patch, & it has turned it into a quagmire...

The game before patch 0.8.0 was about skill across the board, DDs being sneaky, Cruisers being tricky, BBs being Tanky, & CVs at the top being the long range spotting & support/strike ship....

Each class has its own special knacks to learn & to hone, each ship has its character, it was a game of skill...

Now, its been made into a mud wrestling game, because of the carrier rework, all ships are too scared to move, & stay clumped the rest of the game, we lose the caps , & if anyone dares to challenge, is sunk before they get halfway in range... AA not helping... Looks good, but unlimited planes with install perma spot, its sorta pointless...

If I wanted to fly my planes, I would play world of warplanes , & I despise the way the CVS are now, & I don't wish to burden my team with my lack of skill, & I don't like this new play style, so I will refocus my energies & resorces into other ships.....

If they fix CVS then maybe someday I rebuy them back again.   

Ordrazz

[BLESS]
638 posts
6,987 battles
5 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Now, its been made into a mud wrestling game, because of the carrier rework, all ships are too scared to move, & stay clumped the rest of the game, we lose the caps , & if anyone dares to challenge, is sunk before they get halfway in range... AA not helping... Looks good, but unlimited planes with install perma spot, its sorta pointless...

Difficulty to cap applies equally to both teams though. I find it fascinating to watch team strategies evolve  in real time over the last few days.

I've noticed a lot more domination games where one team all go for A, the other team all goes for C, and then there's a grand fleet battle for B. Before 8.0 domination games generally opened to three simultaneous skirmishes at A, B, and C, with DDs often working alone or with just one other ship.

Needless to say the 2-3 ships who don't get the memo and strike off on their own quickly get cut down.

There's still some work to be done. Haku is too powerful. I don't think I've seen a game yet where one of the Haku's didn't top the scoreboard of each team. And there's a problem that no one plays T8-10 DDs any more. Except me. High tier DDs are the ships which have to adjust the most in the new meta IMO. You simply can't operate alone in a game with 2 enemy T10 CVs. But, personally I have no particular issues surviving in Fletcher or Benson against 2x Haku. Finding any opportunity to do anything useful in those games which are not domination mode is a challenge, I admit, but at the end of the day there's always group smoke.

Below T10 and those 2x2 Haku killfests however, the CVs seem to be integrating nicely. Not too powerful, not too weak.

Just my opinion of course.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Sign in to follow this