Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

[Ichase] flying shimakaze

28 comments in this topic

1,313 posts
5,957 battles

someone will find a loop hole and exploit it

this one...... is damn scary...

he don't even have to aim 

there another one

Spoiler

are you okay with this WG????

288 posts
368 battles

Sadly already doing this pm...

Too bad only T10 can do this

Edited by Akyamarukh

197 posts
4,746 battles

To be fair, this is probably what WG had in mind, make CV gameplay as brain dead as possible so that both noobs and unicums can do exactly the same thing. Thus fixing the problem about vast gaps in expertise between CV players that people kept crying about for years.

It just means that right now there is only one CV line to follow and only the top tier is really playable.

I'm not saying it's right but for WG they have fixed the issue that was given to them.

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles

shimakaze? more like KTKM-sama 2 electric boogaloo.

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
1,176 posts
8,066 battles

I smell a nerf coming on.

And this is why I haven't played T10 since 0.8.0 went live. Or any random battles over T7, and that was an accident. (Team lost, but didn't do too bad personally, considering I had no captain skills, no modules and stock Shchors).

Well... at least he isn't going after DDs...

1,849 posts
6,024 battles
48 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

To be fair, this is probably what WG had in mind, make CV gameplay as brain dead as possible so that both noobs and unicums can do exactly the same thing. Thus fixing the problem about vast gaps in expertise between CV players that people kept crying about for years.

And thus effectively making CVs into DDs and cruisers. The only difference is the ship itself doesn't have to be in firing range.

• Cool 1

1,313 posts
5,957 battles

Ichase has turn plane into 200+ knot homing torpedo

step aside IJNDD papaCV are here to replace you.

14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

only difference is the ship itself doesn't have to be in firing range.

another different is plane can not cap any base...

but who cares! if you can wreck havoc into enrmy fleet to your heart content.

• Funny 1

[KCSEA]
123 posts
5,815 battles

Think out of the box for a moment:

iChase discovering and showing these exploits to the CV mechanics is actually good.

Why?

Devs have now new data for them to analyze in order to enforce new fixes for the current patch, and this will most probably nerf or outright disable players from doing these exploits again.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,237 posts
12,386 battles

It's like Trump.

You keep hoping an adult or other sensible person will step in and stop the nonsense.

But they don't.

197 posts
4,746 battles
45 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

And thus effectively making CVs into DDs and cruisers. The only difference is the ship itself doesn't have to be in firing range.

True, exactly like what happened after the Second World War. Where air power moved to the forefront and weapons quickly became fire and forget. WG has just moved the game mechanics 40 years into the future.

Bearing in mind that WG is not going to revert back to the system that came before 0.8.0 nor are they going to completely remove CV's, they'll fine tune the system over the next several patches and possibly even change the mechanics. Remember that WoWs is still not at release 1.0 yet, it's still effectively in Early Access and the CV's will be constantly reworked and changed for possibly years to come. 

6 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

It's like Trump.

You keep hoping an adult or other sensible person will step in and stop the nonsense.

But they don't.

And much like with Trump, it was all the crying idiots that got everyone else stuck in this position. Those that kept whinging to make WoWs great have now ruined it for everyone who was happy with or at least tolerated the system that was already in place.

People wanted change and that's exactly what they got.

Edited by darkflame88
  • Cool 2

1,849 posts
6,024 battles
3 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

Remember that WoWs is still not at release 1.0 yet

after 0.9.12 it'll be 0.10.0 :cap_like:

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,434 posts
11,558 battles

it's a bug from replay

a deep rocket lol

197 posts
4,746 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

after 0.9.12 it'll be 0.10.0 :cap_like:

Yep, at this rate Star Citizen will be out before WoWs hits 1.0

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,237 posts
12,386 battles
16 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

Yep, at this rate Star Citizen will be out before WoWs hits 1.0

Well I bought a HOTAS and I have been patiently waiting for um....

Well, this is my earliest reward I can see on my account...

rsi_vet.jpg

[MRI]
1,856 posts
10,798 battles

This build is basically a variation of Fara's Stealth Hakuryuu build, except with less emphasis on stealth and more about spamming torps everywhere instead of focusing on one particular enemy.

I myself have been doing this in my Hakuryuu because it enables you to bypass the oppressive Tier 10 AA. This build is why I currently consider the Hakuryuu to be far superior to the Midway. With the Haku, I can start attacking BBs and cruisers right from the get-go, whereas with the Midway I am mostly relegated to spotting and harassing with rocket planes at the start of the game. Only much later when the enemy team has dispersed and have had their AA guns damaged can the Midway start torpedo and dive bombing enemy BBs or cruisers.

This build will probably be nerfed at some point though. iEarlGrey told the Warships Podcast that WG did not expect the Haku's alternate torp bombers to be used in this manner and were very surprised when they saw first Fara's vid.

[FORCE]
[FORCE]
283 posts
5,495 battles

feels too op.

[BOTES]
Modder
556 posts
4,295 battles

That video doesnt even show the gravity of this tactic. I've seen some examples with even higher damage like 400k. All from droping from afar

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles
4 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

That video doesnt even show the gravity of this tactic. I've seen some examples with even higher damage like 400k. All from droping from afar

saw one drop from behind our spawn point, i though he's dropping the AFK yamato but nope, i was caught off guard and was hit by 2 torp coming from behind the spawn.

1,313 posts
5,957 battles

it's funny that whole squad of plane reload (or rather... being built) faster than torpedo...

Edited by PGM991
  • Funny 1

[HKACC]
Super Tester
21 posts
4,449 battles

Well I have been reading the forum posts without logging in... But I feel like speaking about this issue after reading a lot of people complaining it is OP or something like that.
First thing first, yes, you can spam over 10 torpedoes into the water in succession quickly.... But keep in mind if you want to do that without breaking detection, you need to do it at a minimum of 6.1KM from your target, taking all concealment skills and upgrades into effect. However the thing is you don't have a torpedo lead indicator like DDs so you need to guess the relative speed of the target in order to score a hit. This thus make hitting targets extremely difficult unless you are very experienced.
I tried what IChase did with my Hakuryu but the result is very inconsistent. Sometimes I hit a lot, sometimes I don't hit a thing at all. I find myself doing more consistent damage using the 2-drop 6KM variant.
All in all, the build with the 4-drop per run is extremely RNG and situational dependent.

Edited by D_for_Detonation
Spelling mistakes

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles
11 hours ago, 9mm1n said:

mek9f8mflce21.jpg

OOF based 79MBH man strikes again

you didnt get kraken? clearly CV are under-powered and require buffs. might as well gave them homing rockets and jdams to prevent miss.

1,849 posts
6,024 battles
51 minutes ago, yansuki said:

you didnt get kraken? clearly CV are under-powered and require buffs. might as well gave them homing rockets and jdams to prevent miss.

Just give them nuclear ICBMs so they don't have to worry about being shot down and can wipe the whole enemy team in one shot.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,802 battles

this is going to get so nerfed. basically, the disparity is even worse now. There are those that are too good and there is the rest of us.

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles

btw, is it just me. or IJN CV torps has better concealment than IJN surface torps?

Sign in to follow this