Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

0.8.0 is Chaotic, No CV Bots.

28 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,714 battles

Annnnnd yes more players rage quitting because of buggy cv controls, better stay relaxed until its fixed.

Also fix your AA on bots, those levels shouldn't be too possible.

also where are the CV Bots? this is just making Coop Battles less action-stuff and all.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Bad 1

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
6 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

better stay relaxed until its fixed

so basically my month of premium is wasted because of that...

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles
1 hour ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

so basically my month of premium is wasted because of that...

Play operations.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
281 posts
7,249 battles

Sorry you lost the month of premium, I intentionally didn't buy a month due to seeing the CV info on the CC's on Youtube, I kept checking the date thinking somehow I had got to April without noticing but nope :)

My wallet is closed atm, bought into closed beta, premium account, many premium ships but no more. 

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
6 minutes ago, Soloun said:

Sorry you lost the month of premium, I intentionally didn't buy a month due to seeing the CV info on the CC's on Youtube, I kept checking the date thinking somehow I had got to April without noticing but nope 🙂

My wallet is closed atm, bought into closed beta, premium account, many premium ships but no more. 

ah no it's because I got premium for an year as it was on sale... and as per WG's schedules they'd take one month to patch the game so basically I lose a month of fun time...

Also with this I think I won't support WG anymore.. like at this point they're gonna keep humping us no matter what just because a small size of player base wanted a change whole player base is suffering..

1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Play operations. 

Also the argument of me playing operation goes what is the point of playing online game anymore?? if I'm not having to play PvP if so they might as well stop developing the game and change it to offline. Like Random Battles is where everyone can play/have fun/do random things because everything is not said and done because it is 12 random players vs 12 random players. Unlike PvE where AI has a set path saying it will just rush in and die what's the point? Like after 4-5 battles it gets boring pretty fast. Also I cannot use all of my favorite ships I had to play specific tier ships in operations.

Talking about Ranked this is more frustrating than anything else because random players can effect my progress from one rank to another and also if we get bad players I might have to lose my progress and end up going back in the progress.

If you realize Random games is where the actual fun is and WG is set to destroy it.

1,877 posts
6,031 battles
19 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

if I'm not having to play PvP if so they might as well stop developing the game and change it to offline. Like Random Battles is where everyone can play/have fun/do random things because everything is not said and done because it is 12 random players vs 12 random players. Unlike PvE where AI has a set path saying it will just rush in and die what's the point? Like after 4-5 battles it gets boring pretty fast. Also I cannot use all of my favorite ships I had to play specific tier ships in operations.

If you realize Random games is where the actual fun is and WG is set to destroy it.

Try to say that to all the Coop-only players in the game.

PvP is where most of the bugs/issues happen. Matches are longer, more scenarios occur. If everyone plays Coop most of the issues with the game mechanics would never be found. If everyone plays Coop NOW, noone will even give feedback about CVs, because CVs cannot be controlled by AI yet.

Edited by Paladinum

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
8 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

PvP is where most of the bugs/issues happen. Matches are longer, more scenarios occur. If everyone plays Coop most of the issues with the game mechanics would never be found. If everyone plays Coop NOW, noone will even give feedback about CVs, because CVs cannot be controlled by AI yet. 

uh.... say that to this guy

Play operations.

1,877 posts
6,031 battles
1 minute ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

uh.... say that to this guy

Half of his battles are still PvP. I know a guy who is a Coop-exclusive player, plays 12k battles (I guess 11k are Coop and Ops) and has his battle profile hidden

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Half of his battles are still PvP. I know a guy who is a Coop-exclusive player, plays 12k battles (I guess 11k are Coop and Ops) and has his battle profile hidden

90% of my battles are in randoms what the hell are you on about?

25 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I was already saying that to someone who suggested me playing PvE. =_=

388 posts
4,227 battles

Sometime i got 3 cv in random play on each side, image all the fucking planes swarming around you. It so chaotic and the new stupid game mechanics that requires you to switch more intensive AA on left or right side of the ship. i don't know if WG is plain stupid or not, you have watch out for enemy fire,  watch out for torps and now even swarms and swarms of planes that require you to switch left or right????!!!! WTF?????? DFAA are completely shit now, you cannot even shoot down 1 plane. Most of the ships AA are nerf this way and even premium ship like Atlanta????????? DD population are already so low due to the many ships been equipped radar and now more than 95% of the time been spotted by planes???? WTF WG??????

DD line is even more dead now. Thanks to you WG.

I can accept cv changes but with all the above it really disappointing, frustrating and unrewarding. I think soon i will just uninstall this game for good.

Edited by th3vikings
  • Bad 1

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles
1 hour ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

ah no it's because I got premium for an year as it was on sale... and as per WG's schedules they'd take one month to patch the game so basically I lose a month of fun time...

Also with this I think I won't support WG anymore.. like at this point they're gonna keep humping us no matter what just because a small size of player base wanted a change whole player base is suffering..

Also the argument of me playing operation goes what is the point of playing online game anymore?? if I'm not having to play PvP if so they might as well stop developing the game and change it to offline. Like Random Battles is where everyone can play/have fun/do random things because everything is not said and done because it is 12 random players vs 12 random players. Unlike PvE where AI has a set path saying it will just rush in and die what's the point? Like after 4-5 battles it gets boring pretty fast. Also I cannot use all of my favorite ships I had to play specific tier ships in operations.

Talking about Ranked this is more frustrating than anything else because random players can effect my progress from one rank to another and also if we get bad players I might have to lose my progress and end up going back in the progress.

Ok. I understand your point, you're a dedicated PvPer, and want both the challenge of fighting human players, and the opportunity to use all your ships.

As @Paladinum says, half my battles are PvP, (I admit I'm not that great of a player, but I still enjoy them) so I can understand the appeal. That said,  I play mostly for the warships, and PvP offers more XP and rewards (mostly) than co-op. Though Operations also offer a great deal of XP and credits  (when you have a good team), so it's great for the ships which can participate. With the CV rework, I am taking a break from PvP, and have focused mostly on operations, playing with a group of allies from the Social Wolves channel. Its a heap of fun.

My suggestion to play Operations is a possible, temporary solution to your issue. If you have a month of premium left, and cannot get your investment back from random, or are simply tired of the changes, then taking a break and playing operations may be an excellent change, and you would reap a great amount of XP, FXP, commander XP and credits if you are running with Premium time.

Of course, clearly my and your definition of fun and rewards are different, I think you may be selling operations a bit short, they are more complex than you think, it takes a good knowledge and awareness to do well in them.

I'm sure Randoms will be balanced and settled eventually.

Anyway, feel free to ignore my suggestion. You're free to have fun the way you choose.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles
53 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I consider myself a regular, if casual player. I know I'm not a great player, but I don't consider myself a noob. I play to have fun and relax. I don't really need the stress of all the uncertainty of what's happening as everyone tries to figure out how to play in the new meta.

I am content to let the many other players who are more experienced than me provide the feedback, find the issues and work to make the game better (It also works as because as I didn't help, I really don't have the right to loudly and obnoxiously complain).

I have played a few low tier random games with CV's in them, and will probably play more in the coming weeks. By then, most other players will have picked it up, and I will be the new guy learning from, and being protected by the more experienced players while I gain experience myself... In theory. There will likely be a few who cry noob despite mak9ing identical mistakes two weeks prior. Ah, the joys of online gaming.

In the meantime, if you get annoyed, stressed out and angry at the game to the point that all you can do is complain and beg to change it back, then maybe try co-op, scenarios, or find another game. There are always options.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
824 posts
8,106 battles
2 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

They'll obviously do small balance patches outside the regular patches over the next couple of months.  There is no way they aren't doing any changes before 0.8.1.

Here's a quote from a dev yesterday on their short term balance plans:

"We are not ready to draw such quick conclusions and consider so huge changes after 3 days. We are actively collecting live feedback (and thanks for raising the issue), I think on Monday, with all feedback and data for 3-4 days we will sit down, take our previous pre-launch tweaking plan, and will try to compile first list of changes. When it's ready, we will share it with the community, too."

• Cool 1

[TLS]
1,347 posts
16,846 battles
38 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Here's a quote from a dev yesterday on their short term balance plans:

"We are not ready to draw such quick conclusions and consider so huge changes after 3 days. We are actively collecting live feedback (and thanks for raising the issue), I think on Monday, with all feedback and data for 3-4 days we will sit down, take our previous pre-launch tweaking plan, and will try to compile first list of changes. When it's ready, we will share it with the community, too."

Because we cannot say any nasty things about devs here, well... elsewhere the reponse to that piece of worthless PR bullshit is much less, humane.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
824 posts
8,106 battles
19 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Because we cannot say any nasty things about devs here, well... elsewhere the reponse to that piece of worthless PR bullshit is much less, humane.

How is that worthless PR?  It gives an extremely clear plan of what they are doing in the short term.  Tomorrow they'll have meetings, analyse the data since the patch, come up with initial tweaks, and let us know shortly after that.  Chances are they'll have balance announcements by mid to end of this week, and they'll probably be live by next weekend or the week after.  This seems pretty good to me.

178 posts
5,885 battles

in the mean time the game chugs along not being as enjoyable as it once was

I hear a Mary Hopkins song playing in my head

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,714 battles

Also the Economics for CVs is full on bugs, i mean you get a 100k worth of credits and found out your maintenance for them is about 200k

:Smile_ohmy:

• Bad 1

2 posts
1,629 battles
20 hours ago, th3vikings said:

Sometime i got 3 cv in random play on each side, image all the fucking planes swarming around you. It so chaotic and the new stupid game mechanics that requires you to switch more intensive AA on left or right side of the ship. i don't know if WG is plain stupid or not, you have watch out for enemy fire,  watch out for torps and now even swarms and swarms of planes that require you to switch left or right????!!!! WTF?????? DFAA are completely shit now, you cannot even shoot down 1 plane. Most of the ships AA are nerf this way and even premium ship like Atlanta????????? DD population are already so low due to the many ships been equipped radar and now more than 95% of the time been spotted by planes???? WTF WG??????

DD line is even more dead now. Thanks to you WG.

I can accept cv changes but with all the above it really disappointing, frustrating and unrewarding. I think soon i will just uninstall this game for good.

I completely agree. 

388 posts
4,227 battles

More to add on, cv come out unlimited planes, yesterday i so piss off i use my freexp to neptune. I shred some 26-28 planes but i was kill by swarms and swarms of planes. It just plain stupid. How can cv have unlimited supply of planes???????? WTF WG. It make no fucking sense ??????? Can i have unlimited supply of radar ????? It the same fucking logic. It not a premium ship or something. I know you want to create disparity between noob and season cv players. But this is really too much.

Edited by th3vikings

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles
59 minutes ago, th3vikings said:

More to add on, cv come out unlimited planes, yesterday i so piss off i use my freexp to neptune. I shred some 26-28 planes but i was kill by swarms and swarms of planes. It just plain stupid. How can cv have unlimited supply of planes???????? WTF WG. It make no fucking sense ??????? Can i have unlimited supply of radar ????? It the same fucking logic. It not a premium ship or something. I know you want to create disparity between noob and season cv players. But this is really too much.

You have unlimited supply of shells and torpedos. Of course, CVs always had unlimited supply of bombs and torpedos.

If we try to draw parallels between CVs and surface ships, then it would be more accurate to say that the planes are like a ship’s main guns or torpedo tubes.  And while a ship’s main guns and tubes can be destroyed, it’s not like it happens every battle, at least on most ships. (Turrets being temporarily disabled is like planes taking time to be restocked, so that fits).

So a surface ship’s main damage source can be destroyed permanently, but a CV regenerates it’s main damage source. What’s the difference? Well, A CV has to risk their planes every time they attack. Where as a surface ship is not directly risking their guns every time they attack.

Is there a point to this post. Not really, just trying to analyse the current issues by drawing parallels and making comparisons between CVs and other ships. Trying to see both sides.

Alpha Tester
907 posts
3,306 battles
15 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Also the Economics for CVs is full on bugs, i mean you get a 100k worth of credits and found out your maintenance for them is about 200k

:Smile_ohmy:

And yo get ZERO recognition for any spotting, which is often the most you can contribute to the teams win, if your planes cannot penetrate the over powered AA of the ships.

479 posts
1,474 battles

You have unlimited supply of shells and torpedos. Of course, CVs always had unlimited supply of bombs and torpedos.

If we try to draw parallels between CVs and surface ships, then it would be more accurate to say that the planes are like a ship’s main guns or torpedo tubes.  And while a ship’s main guns and tubes can be destroyed, it’s not like it happens every battle, at least on most ships. (Turrets being temporarily disabled is like planes taking time to be restocked, so that fits).

So a surface ship’s main damage source can be destroyed permanently, but a CV regenerates it’s main damage source. What’s the difference? Well, A CV has to risk their planes every time they attack. Where as a surface ship is not directly risking their guns every time they attack.

Is there a point to this post. Not really, just trying to analyse the current issues by drawing parallels and making comparisons between CVs and other ships. Trying to see both sides.

planes are not just attacking platfoems, they spot ship too, which only done by ships with the surface model.

and FLAK explosion does not float in smokes, Avoiding flak smoke then avoid damage is a cheat, no different to showing trajectory mark on water of where shells going to land. 

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles
1 hour ago, tsuenwan said:

planes are not just attacking platfoems, they spot ship too, which only done by ships with the surface model.

and FLAK explosion does not float in smokes, Avoiding flak smoke then avoid damage is a cheat, no different to showing trajectory mark on water of where shells going to land. 

Good point. This is why making parallels is fun. You can see where the comparisons break down and it may give you an insight into where the ‘balance’ is wrong.

As far as avoiding flak being similar to showing trajectory marks... hmmm... One could argue that since surface ships can dodge shells (to an extent), dodging the flak is the equivalent. It’s not like you can see the flak she’ll coming at you to dodge.

But this is one of the big problems. Planes need to be able to survive to cause damage, ships need to be able to shoot planes down to avoid getting hit. Game mechanics need to allow both sides to do that, (I see a lot of posts where players think they should be able to shoot down all attacking planes, and a few where CV players thing they should be able to attack without being shot down), but of course, that is mutually exclusive, so instead we get ‘balance’ where WG is trying to figure out the right consistency.

Of course, other big problems is the basic concept of the CV. Able to quickly move across map to attack from any direction while giving little chance of dodge. Cannot angle against attacks, cannot hide. And only defence is RNG guns which MUST, by game design, still allow CV the chance to hit.

I do not envy the developers. They have their work cut out for them.

Sign in to follow this