Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

saipain has no problem sinking FULL AA gearign even with DFA

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,201 posts
5,921 battles

WTF is this new AA system. its too much RNG. i tested full aa antlanta and full aa gearing. atlanta has having problem with tier 6 CV. (she used to kill tier 8 planes without problem unless enemy cv voluntaryly slam their planes on aa cloud planes wont die

3rd test full AA gearing. a saipan 2 teir below cv has no problem killing me with rockets. even with DFA on. wtf???

255 posts
8,439 battles

Similar result here .. inconsistent and over all not killing , AA might show damage counter very beautiful figure but no kill and squadron will have field days keep pounding on light force and perma spot always .. this happen even if your DD reside within a group. Many Big Guns still not getting that still won't push as a tight group and CL / CA is all dancing around out of range but not out of sight .. I thought I was joking when I say " Sit back, relax and enjoy the show on that other "  no one panic " thread , but it's now looking every bit as so .. I don't know if I should cry or I should laugh at that 

Beta Tester
2,201 posts
5,921 battles
11 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

Similar result here .. inconsistent and over all not killing , AA might show damage counter very beautiful figure but no kill and squadron will have field days keep pounding on light force and perma spot always .. this happen even if your DD reside within a group. Many Big Guns still not getting that still won't push as a tight group and CL / CA is all dancing around out of range but not out of sight .. I thought I was joking when I say " Sit back, relax and enjoy the show on that other "  no one panic " thread , but it's now looking every bit as so .. I don't know if I should cry or I should laugh at that 

its way too random. sometimes i got result with 6 planes died but that was probably a mistake on the part of cv. most of the time planes are healthy flying all over you. its so frustrating.

434 posts
5,469 battles
3 hours ago, yansuki said:

its way too random. sometimes i got result with 6 planes died but that was probably a mistake on the part of cv. most of the time planes are healthy flying all over you. its so frustrating.

Yeah what is it when the entire squadron suddenly burns up like that? An aerial detonation?

Got that in my Mogami this evening, and a few more planes besides. Stock AA, no buffs.  My impression from both Myoko and Mogami is that the mid-tier IJN AA has been buffed across the board. I mean look at the enemy Amagi's haul! Meanwhile in my full AA spec N.Cal I struggle to kill 5-6 planes.

Screenshot (514).png

Edited by Rina_Pon

1,559 posts
9,700 battles
43 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Yeah what is it when the entire squadron suddenly burns up like that? An aerial detonation? 

RNG. Sometimes it creates a wall of flak that is impossible to for planes to avoid.

Got 15 planes kills in my Yuugumo just now lol. But I was running AA mod 1 for the two additional flak clouds.

shot-19_02.03_02_06.36-0001.thumb.jpg.ce3a513066a17a3062c6cacf1e82c79a.jpg

Edited by Thyaliad

255 posts
8,439 battles
48 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Got that in my Mogami this evening, and a few more planes besides. Stock AA, no buffs.  My impression from both Myoko and Mogami is that the mid-tier IJN AA has been buffed across the board. I mean look at the enemy Amagi's haul! Meanwhile in my full AA spec N.Cal I struggle to kill 5-6 planes.

Screenshot (514).png

You got it, AA is simply too inconsistent and its more like luck and RNG over anything. I can take the same ship to several games and some come out disaster, some come out just fine, that goes the other way too , but basically close range AA is basically doing nothing ; Mid Range deal little damage and still kill none ; and your Mogami result reflect a finding I find interesting ... some IJN & Soviet ships suddenly become OK ( just OK, meaning it did get some kill , but still forever perma spotted and keep being targeted, and knocked on and grind to death by CV ) as far as AA goes , and reason simply because these ship had no mid range AA guns .. so they had close range AA guns which do nothing, then the long range AA guns are effective all the way from max to close range so the flak burst had a certain depth to the defense. I was taking my Akatsuki out and trial and found that it kind of able to stand among the group and contribute a little to the AA and that ship is not known to be even OK as far as AA goes before this. Yes even with these the DD and CL still are meat on the chopper board

Edited by Mechfori

27 posts
3,602 battles

Tried out my Alabama with full AA spec and got toasted for 50k damage from 2 strikes from CV. I shot down 4 planes. Tried a Baltimore and each time i used my consumable he would re-call the planes and they instantly vanished, then they come back again lol. Good job WG. AA does nothing. Its all about how fast each CV kills the enemy team 1st to win. Even huddled up with 7 ships and the planes just kept on coming and we all like fish in a barrel just trying to dodge torpedoes pinned to the back of the map. FUN FUN FUN

434 posts
5,469 battles
8 hours ago, AxEyBoI said:

Tried out my Alabama with full AA spec and got toasted for 50k damage from 2 strikes from CV. I shot down 4 planes. Tried a Baltimore and each time i used my consumable he would re-call the planes and they instantly vanished, then they come back again lol. Good job WG. AA does nothing. Its all about how fast each CV kills the enemy team 1st to win. Even huddled up with 7 ships and the planes just kept on coming and we all like fish in a barrel just trying to dodge torpedoes pinned to the back of the map. FUN FUN FUN

The "re-call" trick is starting to do the rounds. I expect it will be neutered next patch.

Your Alabama experience mirrors my N. Cal. Like everyone I'm still trying to get a feel for what's changed. USN ships seems to have less AA power than they used to. IJN more.

One thing I did note is that all the buffs are now damage, not range. The AA upgrade mod doesn't extend the range, AFT doesn't, nor the flags. And planes fly really close these days. So ships that used to be good at AA because they could get these huge bubbles don't have the same advantage, while ships that had poor range but plenty of short range dpm are more effective than they were prior to 8.0.

But, I think more data is needed. The thing is with T8 ships is that you can be fighting T6 planes, T8 planes, or T10 planes. What you can do to T6 planes and what you can do to T10 planes are two very different things.

Edited by Rina_Pon

255 posts
8,439 battles

I genuinely believe it does not matter what T8 sips can do to T8 plane or T10 plane ; what matter is there are T4, T6, T8, and T10 CV so in practical term tha mean all T3 to T10 ship can be in a game with CV so that remains that why do only heavy AA build equal or up tier ship can even hope to start to do some real AA and even that is doubtful , a good number od damage on the counter does not kill planes and thus does not deter or turn off attack and had no effect on the perma-spotting which is PITA before the rework and its now totally breaking game play for everybody. This must be answered

27 posts
3,602 battles

The thing is your being detected at ranges around 10km for BBs and the Torps are dropped around that range also so you cant see them till they come close, since your AA is only 5km the planes turn and are gone with minimal damage. Not that it matter since ive seen planes fly over like 5 ships with FULL AA going crazy and really no effect with its payload still dropped on the victim. There is so much variables and inconsistencies that the game is in disarray. Its a CV game now. No fun for anyone nor me killing a ships when its in distress cos of CV engaging or spotting. The fun is gone.

Sign in to follow this