Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mechfori

Poll : Will the CV rework made you want to play CV

Will the CV rework made you want to play CV  

76 members have voted

1. 1. If you had not been a CV player, will this rework encourage you to now play CV regularly

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure
    • Still un-decided
    • I play CV regularly before the rework
  2. 2. if you are a regular CV player before the rework, will you want to continue playing regularly in current update

• Yes
    • No
    • Might be next update
    • I am not regularly playing CV before rwork
  3. 3. if you used to play CV but stop playing , will this rework made you go back to playing it reularly again

• Yes
    • No
    • have to wait and see
    • I never play CV before

35 comments in this topic

412 posts
15,387 battles

Supposedly this was to "make it easier to play CV and encourage CV play".

Nope. The RTS version was easier. You had autodrop. You could learn from autodrop and refine your game.

This damning rework piece of -insert your choice of nouns- makes it harder. The shaky aiming and lack of cues especially for torpedo bombers as to your torpedo trajectories makes it hard to learn to improve. Now it is drop and guess. For those who are going to argue that there are blahblahblah cues, well, it -fking needs to be where you can easily see, not on a pissy tiny minimap.-

RTS CV previously was, select planes, click where to go, manuever into position, drop. Repeat for as many squadrons. You had time to watch the map and respond accordingly.

Now, it's being a juggling clown: https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35062-cv-rework-day-1-observations/?do=findComment&comment=412895 - I don't want to retype-

If people were complaining CV were limited to a small number of players who could effectively multitask, well, now that pool is going to get even smaller and even more gamebreaking. From the start this was a bad idea, and sad to say, NA was completely right to be salty. This rework is not even fit for animal consumption. Enough people have posted regarding about rework here and there so I'm not going to rehash.

Thank you.

PS @Mechfori, I think you should pin links to sane articles regarding why this is a failure, Eg.

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/35121-enough-is-enough/

I know I have seen some good points here and there in the 2/3 main threads.

81 posts
3,027 battles

I took advantage of freeing my XP from the carriers I had unlocked. Between them all, I got back 110k FXP, and a nice chunk of silver. Now I'm enjoying the Mogami and Richelieu. :Smile_child:

I got them a while ago to try them, and satisfy my curiosity, and didn't enjoy them at all. I have no issues with the re-work except that the rush of planes everywhere is death to destroyers. Hopefully that settles down and I can get back to learning how to DD.

691 posts
5,409 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

RTS CV previously was, select planes, click where to go, manuever into position, drop. Repeat for as many squadrons. You had time to watch the map and respond accordingly.

You set it, and forget it :Smile_teethhappy:  How DIFFICULT can it be? I frequently play Ryujou in Ops, and the only thing I really have to care about is how many of my aircrafts are left. Now I have to control planes directly and avoid Fuso and their flak WALL.

2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The most ironic thing about it is that the higher you get in a CV line, the easier it is to deal damage. Hakuryu is a monster. :Smile_teethhappy: T4 CVs is a pain in the a$$ to play. It's somewhat true to other ship type.

I've said it before and I will say it again, this new CV play is no different than playing with a DD or a cruiser, while CVs IRL are completely different.

274 posts
8,539 battles

THE CV game play is one thing .. the other is how it ruin everybody else .. especially DD .. I try this few days and its always like 30 sec into the game the plane is coming after you wave after wave grind you down with rockets, and thrown in bomb and torp ... in between CV cannot reliably do enough damage to BB and CA so they pick on the easy prey and that easy prey happen to be the DDs and they cannot defend themselves because basically AA especially close range just do not work .. and I've try and try Even with a USN DD with AA modules sitting between cruisers in a group the CV want to target the DD he will be able to target it and the rocket keep dealing yet another 3K damage and a DD do not have many 3K damage to go for without even getting many of the planes killed ( and they can regen ).. so every DD are grind to death. What I see in game is CV basically ignore all others and just keep going against the DD cause that's where they got the damage and farm the score / credit , they do not go take out the Radar cruisers and they do not care about supporting the front ( if there is any ). DD are like for the whole duration constantly running from shells, rockets, boms, and torps .. forget its duty to go cap, go scout go spot, there is no way any light force working if this is going on .. right .. BB and CA all got perma spot right from stat of game and they can choose to group up and PUSH ( and likely take loads of damage ) or they can sit tight and long range gun duel with the other side ( which face the same dilemma ) .. in the end no one happy about it ..

Edited by Mechfori

[PEEDZ]
43 posts
6,534 battles

I was always waiting for RN carriers to consider starting down the CV line... so 8.0 didn't change anything (It's also not finished with the changes yet)

581 posts
7,156 battles

From my experience of Grinding both Ryujo and Ranger, I can easily say that I really enjoyed the new CV gameplay. However, I will not continue playing them and WILL refund them because otherwise I wont have enough free xp for Alaska and Alaska is a way higher priority to me than the new CV experience:Smile-_tongue:

....That's just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt cause right now in 0.8.0, I'm in total Commercial mode like WG themselves...:Smile_trollface:

1,570 posts
9,754 battles

The rework is a mess, to say the least.

We have situations where AA is both too strong and too underpowered, same goes for CVs.

AA is either useless or you get lucky (or unlucky as CV) and the AI throws up a literal wall of flak that planes have no way of avoiding and get obliterated. This is evident in the high tiers like Tiers 8-10 where the flak clouds can reach ridiculous levels, especially if two or more ship are close to each other 

It is all RNG and it is god damn infuriating. And then you have the variation between the AA haves and have-nots. Like I said in another thread, how do you balance a non-AA specced Shima against an AA-specced Wooster? How do you make sure that the CV can stand a chance against the Wooster without rofl-stomping the poor Shima?

Sad thing is people like myself have identified all these problems since the very first TST and reported them to WG. But they did not change a thing.

This is why I have been against the rework from day one - because it does not fix the true problems behind CVs as a whole. WG did not fix RTS, they just threw out the old system and brought in a brand new one with its own share of problems and issues.

Edited by Thyaliad

691 posts
5,409 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

AA is either useless or you get lucky (or unlucky as CV) and the AI throws up a literal wall of flak that planes have no way of avoiding and get obliterated.

Fuso. Fuso. FUSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I don't understand how I could get past that while it's literally a WALL that is also literally EVERYWHERE (except when I turn away).

274 posts
8,539 battles
39 minutes ago, da189 said:

Add Q4 will this rework made you stop playing the game? 

YES

Ripe for another poll ..... lol

274 posts
8,539 battles
15 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

The CV rework made me want to play Rasputin.

Can we have the submarine pls .. might be we should even thrown in the torpedo boats ( those appearing in Operation Dynamo ) so CV players can be happy since they got more juicy targets

[TOGN]
Alpha Tester
57 posts
8,750 battles

To be honest, not a well thought out poll, because the real answer to all those questions is YES.

And that is because, its the only way you are going to be able to enjoy the game now, That is: you have to play the CV just to get enjoyment out of the game, because everything else is just CRAP! 

Super Tester
4,104 posts
4,575 battles

Never played them because I despise the RTS aspect of them and only every developed my CV fleet so I knew how to beat them.  I did not enjoy 1 single game in a CV.

After rework I have exactly the same opinion. 

1,263 posts
10,726 battles
9 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Never played them because I despise the RTS aspect of them and only every developed my CV fleet so I knew how to beat them.  I did not enjoy 1 single game in a CV.

After rework I have exactly the same opinion. 

Well talking about CVs I didn't want to play them but when I came to forum to talk about how they're effecting the game the so called CV players were like "You don't play CV you cannot talk anything about them" So I played CV till T6 and I absolutely hated playing CV as over how much control you get on the game while playing whole different game compared to BBs DDs and CA/CLs. But wait these CV players won't stop there would they, they wanted CV rework because they had issues "players are dodging my Drops too easily, My planes are being shot down by ships which are made to shoot down planes, Players are stacking up in one place to increase their resistance towards planes"

Now with the change they are like still not happy, whilst other 3 Class players are suffering so much."Oh We're not able to do damage, Ships which shouldn't have AA are shooting down planes(even tho they got unlimited planes), We cannot Dev Strike ships anymore"

Now all the commander skills for CV players are at Tier 2 or Tier 3 levels but the plane countering skills are at Tier 4 like MAA AFT that being said they still don't really work efficiently as CVs can happily drop their payload losing 2-3 planes(remember these things now have unlimited planes). As a DD, as a CL/CA I have other skills to take I cannot bother taking special skills just to counter that one annoying ship in 12 enemy ships.

Also What is the meaning behind Fly! Strike! Win! If WG remembers correctly last time they added whole line of smoke dedicated CL line they had to change the smoke mechanics. Remember Belfast? Rush Cap, Smoke, Press U to win! ending in removing the ship from premium shop.

Like please learn from past mistakes. Also the argument of We need more stats to say if it is working or not Please listen to the players not stats and guesstimate what is best for player base. Try to fix UI bugs which are in game since the game is released.

I feel sad to say that the UI bugs which we had 2 years before are still in the game.. like come on

1,570 posts
9,754 battles
7 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Well talking about CVs I didn't want to play them but when I came to forum to talk about how they're effecting the game the so called CV players were like "You don't play CV you cannot talk anything about them" So I played CV till T6 and I absolutely hated playing CV as over how much control you get on the game while playing whole different game compared to BBs DDs and CA/CLs. But wait these CV players won't stop there would they, they wanted CV rework because they had issues "players are dodging my Drops too easily, My planes are being shot down by ships which are made to shoot down planes, Players are stacking up in one place to increase their resistance towards planes" 

Errm no. CV players were happy with the RTS system and just wanted a few tweaks to it. It was the non-CV players who were the ones pushing for a rework.

Don't make this the fault of CV players. This has nothing to do with them. In fact they are the ones that were hurt the most, because all their skills and experience they had painstakingly built up over many years and battles were all thrown out of the window thanks to this rework.

If you want to blame the players, then blame the non-CV players pushing for a rework.

412 posts
15,387 battles
35 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Errm no. CV players were happy with the RTS system and just wanted a few tweaks to it. It was the non-CV players who were the ones pushing for a rework.

Don't make this the fault of CV players. This has nothing to do with them. In fact they are the ones that were hurt the most, because all their skills and experience they had painstakingly built up over many years and battles were all thrown out of the window thanks to this rework.

If you want to blame the players, then blame the non-CV players pushing for a rework.

It's the ones that couldn't handle being picked on by CV that pushed for a rework. And for the people clammouring about getting incompetent CVs on their team vs unicum on the other, the solution was simple: Pair up similiarly rated CV players.

There, done. Simple isn't it? But noooooooooo. (I have really wasted like a few years of sarcasm in the last few days). Choose the most complicated solution.

CV was the hardest of the classes to play because you needed a certain skillset that was not present in the other lines. I was getting used to it until this damn fiasco.

PS. Forget the lot that keep clamouring for RN CVs. They are partially at fault trying to push for a new line. The old system couldn't give any good gimmicks for the new line.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

1,263 posts
10,726 battles
40 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

11 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It's the ones that couldn't handle being picked on by CV that pushed for a rework. And for the people clammouring about getting incompetent CVs on their team vs unicum on the other, the solution was simple: Pair up similiarly rated CV players

Also CV players who were getting hammered by other unicum players, those who couldn't digest that AA dedicated ships shooting their planes down when they got close to them wanted rework. Hence there's change in AA mechanics as well

So keep the Non-CV player asking for rework argument to yourself because they'd rather want CVs to be completely removed from the game instead.. Just because 2-4 players of 24 players in a battle want to have fun doesn't mean other 20 players have to suffer the consequences.

Also what about commander skills I see you @Thyaliad completely skipped it and jumped to CV and non - CV players argument.

Beta Tester
693 posts
7,389 battles

RTS CV's were a disaster.  They ruined every game they were in.

The new CV's are a significant improvement.  They are great fun to play, they have a much more relatable feel to people used to playing other classes.  They are challenging, but not in a micro/APM way, but in that flying attacks are difficult and reward skill.  Improving your ability and then getting the reward for doing so is very satisfying.

The balance isn't great at the moment.  AA isn't quite there, DD's are struggling, and low tier CV's are very weak.  However these are problems that are quite solvable in the short to medium term.  The game will rapidly return to a place of reasonable balance as the hotfixes start rolling in, and the extra depth provided by having a balanced CV class in every battle will make for a much better game than we had before.

1,570 posts
9,754 battles
37 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Also CV players who were getting hammered by other unicum players, those who couldn't digest that AA dedicated ships shooting their planes down when they got close to them wanted rework. Hence there's change in AA mechanics as well 

So keep the Non-CV player asking for rework argument to yourself because they'd rather want CVs to be completely removed from the game instead.. Just because 2-4 players of 24 players in a battle want to have fun doesn't mean other 20 players have to suffer the consequences.

Also what about commander skills I see you @Thyaliad completely skipped it and jumped to CV and non - CV players argument.

Players, both CV and non-CV players, were asking for more skill-based AA, not the RNG fest in both systems. Ask WG why they did not want to include it.

And my point is almost no CV player worth their salt was asking for the rework. They were just asking for tweaks to the RTS system, not this whole action gameplay thing we have going on now.

Go to any of Youtube comments or Reddit posts when the rework gameplay was first revealed. Those cheering the rework were mostly people who never played CVs. And who cares about those asking CVs to be removed lol, they are neither anti- nor pro-rework. Though I suspect a large majority of them are pro-rework, because they want to see the rework be pushed through and fail so badly that they get their wish to see CVs get removed.

What about commander skills? I have stated previously that the problem with commander skills is that there are too many AA skill and upgrades which is making things extremely difficult to balance, because there is too much of a gap between the AA haves and have-nots. The AA skills should be either be baked into the ship itself or combined with other skills. This was a problem both before and after the rework. I have nothing more to add concerning that.

And just putting it out here, I am not a CV main nor any kind of main. I play all classes. Which is why I think your other poll is flawed and didn't vote in it. I don't self-identify with a particular class of ship, unlike many other people it seems.

Sign in to follow this