Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
da189

CV too OP but AA too weak. WG is punishing DD/CR players

42 comments in this topic

[HKENL]
34 posts
6,553 battles

All CVs from T6 to T10 are OP, they have unlimited planes and difficult to shoot down. 

It is unbelievable that an T6 enemy's squadron within Atlanta 3km + Defensive AA Fire but got 0 zero plane down. Previously, it should be at least half ~ full squadron down.

The team with skilled CVs will sure win but I'm noob CV player. I like to play DD(Shim)/CL(Mino) but it was keep spotted by CV.

I think I shall delete this game.

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles

as someone mention in ichase cv vid. its a Schrodinger AA, sometimes enemy planes are alive, sometimes they are dead. 

right now AA is too RNG. consistent dps are far too weak to make a difference. WG should nerf flak damage and boost consistent damage. also make consistent damage stack.

right now aa is like
long range AA shooting, then long range AA stop to make way for mid range AA, then short range aa and mid range aa stop. that's not how it works. if there's incoming plane you throw everything including kitchen sink. you dont stop long range aa just because they enter mid range aa and so fort. right now AA is a big BS.

766 posts
8,034 battles
9 minutes ago, yansuki said:

right now aa is like
long range AA shooting, then long range AA stop to make way for mid range AA, then short range aa and mid range aa stop. that's not how it works. if there's incoming plane you throw everything including kitchen sink. you dont stop long range aa just because they enter mid range aa and so fort. right now AA is a big BS.

LOL I like this one 😄

Yeah AA very RNG. I dont feel safe at all even I speced for AA cos I don't know if I will be able to defend myself from planes

while playing CV in Coop (yeah I noob RTS CV) My plane got rekted by DD's AA XD so I i'm kinda dunno what to think about this CV vs AA thingy anymore.

[FORCE]
39 posts
3,770 battles
21 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

LOL I like this one 😄

Yeah AA very RNG. I dont feel safe at all even I speced for AA cos I don't know if I will be able to defend myself from planes

while playing CV in Coop (yeah I noob RTS CV) My plane got rekted by DD's AA XD so I i'm kinda dunno what to think about this CV vs AA thingy anymore.

ikr even a full AA spec you don't even feel safe, sometimes your ship either shoot down more plane or just accept the fate being harrased by planes.

261 posts
8,484 battles

The most important is that even if AA is damaging its not killing enough , it need to kill the whole squadron to take away that spotting and its now multiple wave of attack and then long duration over the area making it perma spotting and that create problem ..  Close range AA do nothing especially to dive and attack. Mid range is not even doing any killing. most killing are done by long range flak burst and of course the stupid AA do not work once the plane enter mid and close range .. I do not think this is by any mean realistic at all

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

The most important is that even if AA is damaging its not killing enough , it need to kill the whole squadron to take away that spotting and its now multiple wave of attack and then long duration over the area making it perma spotting and that create problem ..  Close range AA do nothing especially to dive and attack. Mid range is not even doing any killing. most killing are done by long range flak burst and of course the stupid AA do not work once the plane enter mid and close range .. I do not think this is by any mean realistic at all

that too. i have games with 80k air damage and less than 20 shut down. or 20k damage and 1plane shut down. its too BS

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles

i tested full AA atlanta, its a S**T. even with defensive AA, if they cv didnt go to flak the damage planes can still drop without problem. this nerfed atlanta is just a shadow of its former self.

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles

done a lots of testing. CV now ignore AA cruisers and just do whatever they want, even saipan can ignore Demoine and drop BB nearby. if cruiser pop defensive aa, they just press F to bail without consequense and use another squadron. this is bs. make DFAA unlimited too then or make using F impossible whey they are inside DFAA and 20 after. CV has no consequence when they press F while cruiser lost valuable cooldown.

[HMASW]
39 posts
2 hours ago, yansuki said:

i tested full AA atlanta, its a S**T. even with defensive AA, if they cv didnt go to flak the damage planes can still drop without problem. this nerfed atlanta is just a shadow of its former self.

I just played a game in my Cleveland. In the old days I could get 50 planes, but this game after being continually targeted by the CV and eventually dying from torpedo bombers I got 5 plane kills. Sad

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles

i got 100k plane damage for 13 shotdown planes. they are mostly hakuryu planes. des moines became a joke now. no consistent damage. mostly rely on mr. RNG to shut down planes. carrier has no problem bombing me with 0 plane lost while im on DFAA mode.

also is it just me? or CV repair cd are way too fast. we set many fire on enemy hakuryu but he keep repairing it. i was with a conqueror too shooting his HE but we failed to kill a running hakuryu. if its midway it will be dead because he is spotted foever but hakyuuryu despite its size has godlike concealment.

des moines aa.png

Edited by yansuki

1,562 posts
9,723 battles
23 minutes ago, yansuki said:

also is it just me? or CV repair cd are way too fast. we set many fire on enemy hakuryu but he keep repairing it. i was with a conqueror too shooting his HE but we failed to kill a running hakuryu. if its midway it will be dead because he is spotted foever but hakyuuryu despite its size has godlike concealment.

It is because WG refused to give players CV control so they make fire and flooding on CVs very short and give automatic consumables... :Smile_sceptic:

Though I must say I have been abusing this fast cooldown by pushing up close with my CV to help tank a bit and provide AA. A bit hilarious to see the enemy drop everything and try to focus me down before I go hide behind an island again

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles
2 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

It is because WG refused to give players CV control so they make fire and flooding on CVs very short and give automatic consumables... :Smile_sceptic:

Though I must say I have been abusing this fast cooldown by pushing up close with my CV to help tank a bit and provide AA. A bit hilarious to see the enemy drop everything and try to focus me down before I go hide behind an island again

that's so BS. two tier 10 conqueror and desmoines are chasing one cv but failed because of his insane  stealth. hakuryu just got all of the good stuff. like i said if its midway it will be dead.

4 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

give all other ship same CD then. as cv can start fire and flooding before their repair are on cd.

im so upset right now. the scales is tip against surface ship. not only cv can deal damage without loosing anything, they also got superior damage con that solve problems. maybe they should also give them Royal navy heal to make cv immortal.

9 posts
11,663 battles

in short after 0.8 this is shit

3 year in wows but .... very disappointing update ever 

cv work is garbage ... i am not a cv player and never gonna play 

dds has nowhere to hide cv dose more damage on them and can not dodge them ...

AA defense is more painful 

not going to play this garbage .. i am out 

28 posts
3,630 battles

CV to overpowering in terms of its ability to give any player of any skill level to spot almost every enemy ship across the entire map for the entire game duration, throwing out the concealment out the window. DDs are now near useless, since theres no need for them as CV can do it all. Both teams in clumps of balls and moving as one seems to be the only way to play. The game is in a bad state. Use BB and snipe all game against enemy team vice versa lol.

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles

maybe WG should add F button for surface ship. when we get overextend, we just press F and our ship will go underwater then resurface back at the respawn point. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by yansuki

1,256 posts
10,709 battles
3 minutes ago, yansuki said:

maybe WG should add F button for surface ship. when we get overextend, we just press F and our ship will go underwater then resurface back at the respawn point. :Smile_teethhappy:

Or More like self destruct button for say F all no damage to any of you No xp No credits. :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
5,964 battles

ichase show how "balance" the current cv rework, basically all torpedo DD are obsolete. you got this invulerable flying DD with 200kts speed, with unlimited range and 40 sec reload speed.

apparlently CV are vulnerable to flak when diving so ballance, much wow.

23 posts
12,217 battles

I would just like to start out my complaints list , by pointing out , yes , I know , you will always have people unhappy with change , and having tried 

my CV ships , I am only marginally better with the new ships , than the first time i tried them . now to explain , I wasnt that good a CV player before

so given a bit more time to practice with the new system , I can at least aspire to being as bad as I was before . 

But , and heres where its starting to be frustrating , the new version of AA for those of us not using CV's . I am going to be plain dumb and use a expression attributed to one of our dumber politicians in australia , with "Please Explain".   Again , i may just have missed the training missions , but perhaps someone who knows more about it , can post some links in here to you tube videos , showing , how to , and how not to , use your AA under the current changes , so your ship isnt a easy target . 

So , heres where I think WG have mucked up . they did two changes at once . they decided in their testing that the previous AA was too strong for the new CV stuff , but they have also made the new CV stuff , way more powerful than the previous CV stuff  . what they SHOULD have done was start the new CV stuff as they have modified it , warned that the AA is likely to be still too strong , and that they may nerf it during the fine tuning ... . 

1,256 posts
10,709 battles
1 minute ago, Olddavid_Spicer said:

I would just like to start out my complaints list , by pointing out , yes , I know , you will always have people unhappy with change , and having tried 

my CV ships , I am only marginally better with the new ships , than the first time i tried them . now to explain , I wasnt that good a CV player before

so given a bit more time to practice with the new system , I can at least aspire to being as bad as I was before . 

But , and heres where its starting to be frustrating , the new version of AA for those of us not using CV's . I am going to be plain dumb and use a expression attributed to one of our dumber politicians in australia , with "Please Explain".   Again , i may just have missed the training missions , but perhaps someone who knows more about it , can post some links in here to you tube videos , showing , how to , and how not to , use your AA under the current changes , so your ship isnt a easy target . 

So , heres where I think WG have mucked up . they did two changes at once . they decided in their testing that the previous AA was too strong for the new CV stuff , but they have also made the new CV stuff , way more powerful than the previous CV stuff  . what they SHOULD have done was start the new CV stuff as they have modified it , warned that the AA is likely to be still too strong , and that they may nerf it during the fine tuning ... . 

By Pressing O you can reinforce your AA Defense on right side or left side of the ship then use AA Defense (if your ship has it) and just hope planes get shot down. Be Warned that if you reinforce one side other side will get weaker so if you reinforce right side your left side AA Defense is weaker (saying planes go from Right to left then planes are safe on left side of your ship) Kinda complex to read and understand but while in game you'll understand it better

Beta Tester
682 posts
7,350 battles
On 2/2/2019 at 1:50 PM, yansuki said:

right now AA is too RNG

AA isn't really RNG at all now, especially compared to the previous iteration which literally did an RNG roll every second to see if a plane died or not.

You have continuous damage auras, which is just a constant damage over time - the opposite of RNG.

You then have flak bursts, which are avoidable through skilled flying.  This is where the apparent RNG comes in to the captain of the surface ship.  If a CV pilots their planes between the flak successfully, then they don't lose any planes, but if they stuff up or hit a flak cloud (or they attack multiple ships that create an unavoidable wall of flak), then they lose a whole bunch of aircraft at once.

It seems a much better system to me, although it definitely needs a bit of fine tuning.

Sign in to follow this