You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Arms Race Ranked:Unfair Mechanism

6 comments in this topic

Video Contributor
2,327 posts
11,213 battles

it is not

they buff ships

but they didnt buff others

0tykmxD.thumb.gif.9453ab5eea5d477c87147891590f0647.gif

that's reason I play DD in ranked

Edited by Onlinegamer

2,351 posts
14,856 battles

Yeah it's BS. Meanwhile the Musashi that sits at the back constantly healing thanks to your heal caps wins just for surviving.

673 posts
5,383 battles

There's an issue with BBs in this game: many of them have ridiculous main gun range. I couldn't believe it when I know base concealment of Conqueror is better than that of Henri IV, Hindenburg and Mockba. And that ship has 24 km MG range. How is that fair? Republique at least has good secondary as an incentive to go close. Conqueror and Yamato/Musashi, nothing.

Increasing detection range on BBs is digging deeper into the 'more BB sniping in the back' issue. If you want BBs to move up, you MUST cut down their MG range. And do NOT allow them to have Spotters and that MG range upgrade in slot 6.

GK's 21 km is fine. Montana to ~22. Republique to 21. Conqueror to <22. Yamato/Musashi to <23. 

It's time to remove Musashi from the game. I've never been comfortable with a T9 Yamato. The only counter to Musashi is CVs, and there is no T9 CV anymore.

Edited by Paladinum

261 posts
8,484 battles

In a fashion I do agree with the OP the DD need to take all the risk and real damage without a return of their effort , when BB all sit back and taken advantage of the buff but safe and sound .. I've seen so many time BB plain refuse to move up and formation with the DD to provide close support and in the end those usually end wit a defeat. All the DD's effort goes to waste so that further encourage DD to just sit back as well , let the other team dance around the map taking everything

I've even in a game where it end up a draw because both side simply group together and stay out even when late in the game the zone appear they were all just shooting from across the map and we DD ( the 2 that survive, 1 on each side ) all just can watch cause both of us are so low on HP we cannot afford to get out and die else we will lose the game

381 posts
15,360 battles

@PaladinumGood balancing revolves around the "rock-paper-scissors" theory. However, in wows, it has been broken since the introduction of the gimmick lines of ships. Leaving CV out of this (The way to counter oldCV was simple, lethal AA), battleships have the biggest problems. Cruisers you smash them with big rounds. DDs, you search and smash them with moderately size rounds.

Now battleships: 1) have the biggest guns, 2) have the biggest range, 3) have the biggest healthpool 4) have the most ridiculously fortified armour scheme. Their biggest weakness is from stealth, but to get close to use your torpedoes, you need to punch through lines of defence. BUT! how are you going to close that distance? Fire? you first need to get close to set him on fire. Right now the only thing that can sort of decently counter a long range bb is a cv. That is if they are not bunched up. The whole balance mechanics has gone down the proverbial drain.

That is why I have always been an advocate for a system that does reduceds profitability of long ranged gun duels, either economically or via gameplay mechanics (eg terrible dispersion at max range). The other way to balance the junk that is called matchmaker. Match for player class ability, not just ships. Anyways, the balance is broken for the majority, and frankly I have absolutely no hope of the developers doing anything to repair this brokenness. (is that even a word?)

So I'm just going to enjoy my training room the most, and sort of ops and coop (where ridiculousness has infiltrated already) and leave everything else to burn.