17 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Not in game at this time

Says you.

Y3qATZU.png

^^^^^^

I assume you mean to mod the existing ones.

Download this and put it into your WoWS main folder.

The edited paths.xml will enable the res_mods folder in which you can easily mod files without harming original game files.

If you just wanted to change the ingame ones you can copy&paste the original commander pictures from the WoWS/res/ folder, rename them

and put them into the respective WoWS/res_mods/ folder.

The folder should be under WoWS/res/gui/crew_commander/base/nation

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

As I said not in game. 

You do realise that "Not in game at this time" can and will by most people be read as "Not possible under any circumstances at this time", right?

I know the difference between "in game" and "in-game" is subtle, but it's still making a difference between a feature not being available at all

and a feature merely not being available inside the game.

You can MOD all you like your own files. At you own risk.

So the same risk as in WoT, i.e. none, because it's using the res_mods folder which doesn't tamper with any of the original game files.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

You do realise that "Not in game at this time" can and will by most people be read as "Not possible under any circumstances at this time", right?

I know the difference between "in game" and "in-game" is subtle, but it's still making a difference between a feature not being available at all

and a feature merely not being available inside the game.

So the same risk as in WoT, i.e. none, because it's using the res_mods folder which doesn't tamper with any of the original game files.

I wouldn't be so sure. Seen some people have troubles launching the game or experience crashes with mods. Hence why we always say to troubleshoot remove your mods.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I wouldn't be so sure. Seen some people have troubles launching the game or experience crashes with mods. Hence why we always say to troubleshoot remove your mods.

The reason mods cause problems is that they're outdated.

Outdated mods also make WoT crash and burn.

The solution is to either either keep mods updated, or not re-install them if they herp the derp.

After all mods are outdated with new patches.

New patches also re-configure the mod folders by creating a new WoWS/Res_Mods/X.X.X folder

and changing the paths.xml to use that one from now on.

Beta Tester
49 posts
4,044 battles

Says you.

Y3qATZU.png

I assume you mean to mod the existing ones.

Download this and put it into your WoWS main folder.

The edited paths.xml will enable the res_mods folder in which you can easily mod files without harming original game files.

If you just wanted to change the ingame ones you can copy&paste the original commander pictures from the WoWS/res/ folder, rename them

and put them into the respective WoWS/res_mods/ folder.

The folder should be under WoWS/res/gui/crew_commander/base/nation

Tq ..

:)

51 posts
2,124 battles

The reason mods cause problems is that they're outdated.

Outdated mods also make WoT crash and burn.

The solution is to either keep mods updated, or not re-install them if they herp the derp.

After all mods are outdated with new patches.

New patches also re-configure the mod folders by creating a new WoWS/Res_Mods/X.X.X folder

and changing the paths.xml to use that one from now on.

wellllll some are just bad mods and the modders that made them don't know what they are doing and some people just stuff up when installing mods too:P

Edited by camdy

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Posted this way back when, but during the Captain recruitment screen you can cycle through which portrait and name you want your captain to be.

Kos6aL3.png

Sign in to follow this