Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
blauflamme22

Ranked off to a boring start again

19 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
316 posts
7,081 battles

Is there anybody else out there who thinks that two teams of Musashis slugging it out for 15 minutes is an extremely boring game style? This season of ranked looks like its just going to be the T9 version of last seasons Yamato-fest. T9 could actually be an interesting competitive tier if they only allowed tech-tree ships into the game. I can understand the new mode to try and make things more dynamic but it seems that it's just made everybody more nervous and determined to sit in one place in their massive BB so they can save a star. Interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this and how it might be improved.

• Cool 2

[151ST]
6 posts
6,630 battles

It was the same last ranked season with people sitting in Yamato's doing as much damage as they can to save a start and hoping their team carries them. Same ship with a different name. Now they get an automatic 0.05% heal throughout the game to sit back and lob shells.

I doubt they really thought this through and didn't realise people would exploit it.

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,808 battles

Competitive modes like ranked and clan battles should be tech tree only. Then again, Cassandra was cursed by the gods so that no one listened to her warnings and eventually Troy fell.

• Cool 1

[HMASW]
1,849 posts

I wont be doing much ranked..... T5-6-7 is better for ranked anyway....... I'll be sticking to my random lower tier battles

Ordrazz

[AUSRP]
104 posts
7,642 battles

Ranked is interesting in the DD's and cruisers.

I've had some great games in the Kitakaze and Kronshtadt.

Those squads of Musashis die fast without a screen.

Best game in Kitikaze : Kraken (yummy unprotected BB's and cruisers)

Best game in the Kron : a nailbiter loss: 3 kills, 280K damage, confederate (in a 6 v 6! I damaged everyone) and high calibre. I ended up 1 v 3, caught the DD round an island and 1 shotted it, dodged the ram from the CA, rushed the Musashi and dev struck it in a drive by, then duelled the CA until the clock ran out. 15 citadels in total.

I have played the Jean Bart and Musashi, and you are quite reliant on the smaller ships knowing what they are doing.

Edited by MeglaGnome
  • Cool 1

[AMPOL]
160 posts
11,571 battles

I've played a few matches in FDG with full secondary build and had an absolute blast - haven't seen more than one Musashi per team . . . .  and they don't survive once the game forces them into CQC. 

Imo this is shaping up to be a great season of ranked. 

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
427 posts
13,821 battles
1 hour ago, Mister_Teatime said:

haven't seen more than one Musashi per team  

Lucky you.

I haven't seen LESS than 2 Musashi per team on my way to rank 10 ... most games had 3 or 4 per team.

[REPOI]
Beta Tester
938 posts
16,855 battles

DDs are the meta this season.

Sit back and farm, you will generally lose the game. You need the ship buffs to be competitive. If you dont get them your team is at a disadvantage. 

Come cap time what you gonna do? Keep playing for save star everygame? 

• Cool 1

[SH0T]
836 posts
9,698 battles
16 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I wont be doing much ranked..... T5-6-7 is better for ranked anyway....... I'll be sticking to my random lower tier battles

Ordrazz

Coz T5-6-7 don't have OP premuims? Kamikaze and Belfast spring to mind....

[REPOI]
5,062 posts
20,511 battles
30 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

Coz T5-6-7 don't have OP premuims? Kamikaze and Belfast spring to mind....

t5 gulio, grem, kamikaze,october

t6 warspite, arizona, perth, t61

t7 belfast, hood, ashitaka

imho t9 ranked is the overall moat balanced, most T9 BBs are on the same playing field and the DDs are very cpmpetitive, the only real kicker is the CA/CLs. facing a krons most of the t9 CAs are vastly outclasses

[AN-DO]
316 posts
7,081 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

t5 gulio, grem, kamikaze,october

t6 warspite, arizona, perth, t61

t7 belfast, hood, ashitaka

imho t9 ranked is the overall moat balanced, most T9 BBs are on the same playing field and the DDs are very cpmpetitive, the only real kicker is the CA/CLs. facing a krons most of the t9 CAs are vastly outclasses

I agree that T9 is mostly balanced, its just the few silly premiums there that mess things up. I really do think Musashi is ridiculous in ranked, its fine in random since you might only get one or two in the match and that gets diluted by all the other ships. But in ranked with fewer ships and the fact that they seem to fill the battles like Yamato did last time that really influences the gameplay style. @SlamUez is right in that DDs can influence the game now, but that hasn't seemed to stop all those Musashis from sitting back and playing to save a star rather than win. Personally I'm against the idea of the star saving mechanic, even though I've benefited from it before.

[REPOI]
Beta Tester
938 posts
16,855 battles
40 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

I agree that T9 is mostly balanced, its just the few silly premiums there that mess things up. I really do think Musashi is ridiculous in ranked, its fine in random since you might only get one or two in the match and that gets diluted by all the other ships. But in ranked with fewer ships and the fact that they seem to fill the battles like Yamato did last time that really influences the gameplay style. @SlamUez is right in that DDs can influence the game now, but that hasn't seemed to stop all those Musashis from sitting back and playing to save a star rather than win. Personally I'm against the idea of the star saving mechanic, even though I've benefited from it before.

They can keep playing save star fine with me. Im nearly ranked 5. I have only been playing DDs and some cruisers 🙂

[SH0T]
836 posts
9,698 battles

Well if they rewarded DD's more for capping etc like they should have for ever it wouldn't be such an issue.

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles

Simple things like these can fix the Ranked issue :

1. Limit max BB count per team to 2(just like clan Battles)

2. Remove the "Top scorer gets to keep his star BS"

3. Don't give any buff to a ship that is too far away from the ship which is taking the buff. Right now it gives half the buff, make it Zero.

4. Only allow tech tree ships; no premium allowed.

But we all know WG...they will never implement anything that makes the game "fun"

Edited by _TAMAL_
  • Cool 2

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,808 battles
7 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Simple things like these can fix the Ranked issue :

1. Limit max BB count per team to 2(just like clan Battles)

2. Remove the "Top scorer gets to keep his star BS"

3. Don't give any buff to a ship that is too far away from the ship which is taking the buff. Right now it gives half the buff, make it Zero.

4. Only allow tech tree ships; no premium allowed.

But we all know WG...they will never implement anything that makes the game "fun"

1. Good.

2. Someone posted an argument as to why stars are kept: something about bullshit star economics. This was discussed many ranked battles ago. Personally, I'm with you on this.

3. Maybe

4. Stop stealing my ideas! :Smile_veryhappy:

It's not they are not implementing for "fun"; it's more like a small privileged subsection don't want the masses to do better than them. From my perspective.

Arms race does make people have to push to win. Now if they disincentivize sniping, that would just be nice. Why you see sushis is because people want to snipe.

• Cool 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
907 posts
3,306 battles

Well you bring it upon yourselves, its pretty obvious when ranked is limited to tier 9 or 10 ships only, that a lot of regular players and the free to players simply can't play.

I have 3x tier 10 ships, and not a single tier 9 ship to use for ranked this season, so what do I do?.

NOT PLAY RANKED.

Its a total rort to players who have spent so much money on the game already, who work 12 hrs a day to finance the game by purchasing stuff, yet these events want to demand so much time. Same goes for WoT.

Everything available to players in the game, should be able to be purchased with CASH. I can't afford the TIME to grind steel, but I can go to WORK and have enough money to BUY some.

By the way, FYI WoT premium shop is now selling x5 XP bundles, that players can use on ANY tank.

Just stop playing ranked, and devs will get the idea to lower the tier. Obviously the ranked tier for this season HAD to be an uneven number to avoid having CV's in it, but there is tier 7 or 5.

• Bad 1

[ULAG]
899 posts
8,291 battles
1 hour ago, Muds_Revenge said:

NOT PLAY RANKED.

I rarely participate in ranked....however, I always wanted to have USS Black but lack 1400ish steel. The way ranked rewards are set, it is my only viable option right now to get that steel.

[TLS]
1,342 posts
16,808 battles
1 hour ago, Muds_Revenge said:

Everything available to players in the game, should be able to be purchased with CASH. I can't afford the TIME to grind steel, but I can go to WORK and have enough money to BUY some.

Please sell more steel WG. TQ.

Sign in to follow this