Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rurikon

AA Shimakaze?

8 comments in this topic

[RURI]
12 posts
2,186 battles

So, uh, RIP dds, mostly. Thinking of changing my Shima build. 
Current: standard torp dd build: PT, LS, SE, TAE, CE, RDL +1pt upgrades: MBM1, PM1, ASM1, PM2, CSM1, TTM1

M idea for my aa shima: PT, LS, EM, SE, BFT, CE, upgrades: MBM1, PM1, AGM1, PM2, CSM1, TTM1

I guess it basically becomes a hybrid gun/torp shima. Not sure if this is the right build to go for. It might even be a good idea to just not change it at all.

[INDIA]
8 posts
3,173 battles

With 2CVs joining the game certain times, it is very difficult for a Shimakaze to fight of both the Aircraft and the fire from enemy Ships.

Beta Tester
2,373 posts
7,238 battles

dont even bother. even AA gearing struggle against CV with DFAA. even des moines with DFAA can be dropped.

dont cap on earlier stage of game, stay near any AA cruiser. pay attention to CV planes. once they stop dropping bb, maybe its the time to cap.

• Cool 1

[HKENL]
188 posts
9,071 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 3:33 PM, Rurikon said:

Current: standard torp dd build: PT, LS, SE, TAE, CE, RDL +1pt upgrades: MBM1, PM1, ASM1, PM2, CSM1, TTM1

M idea for my aa shima: PT, LS, EM, SE, BFT, CE, upgrades: MBM1, PM1, AGM1, PM2, CSM1, TTM1

I guess it basically becomes a hybrid gun/torp shima. Not sure if this is the right build to go for. It might even be a good idea to just not change it at all.

forget about shima aa build , it doesn't matters.

[LBAS]
1,391 posts

back when CV rework just came out, I use to try shimakaze full AA build.

and I mean 'full' AA build.

I throw away skill.  CE, ROF, SE, TAE for AFT, BFT, MA

I throw away concealment and torpedo upgrade for AA oriented...

running around with 20 km torp and tedious 120 sec reload turn AA on whole match but look who shot down plane the most...

shot-19_02.03_04_27.24-0575.thumb.jpg.957f59c05f9c464f94ae3616326e5655.jpgshot-19_02.03_04_27.32-0277.thumb.jpg.7729a03e88428b81223d22457d07df11.jpg

but I dare say that's not work anymore

back when I try this many CV capt. don't know how to dodge AA flack and head straight in. hell, my teammate CA don't know how to utilize AA sector yet.

but nowadays... it just not work

Edited by PGM991
  • Funny 1

[SH0T]
1,095 posts
10,930 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 6:33 PM, Rurikon said:

Like others have said, probably not worth it.

The only DD I know of that does OK against CV's now is the groz.

I even got dropped hard in wooster with DfAA running lol

[SMOKE]
835 posts
11,607 battles

You know even heavy AA build CL and CA find it hard to actually repel aerial attacks, its simply not efficient to try AA build on poor AA platform like Shima

Sign in to follow this