You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Akyamarukh

Thanks WG for effort on the CV rework, but sadly it didnt work as expected.

21 comments in this topic

176 posts
368 battles

Well, A year ago WG promise us for CV rework. At first appearance CV rework seems promising. 

- no DD perma spot, because only 1 squadron fly at the sake time.....

- BB player Will be happy because no more burst 12x torpedo

- CV got unlimited plane, it mean less disparity between noob and pro CV player....

- moar Action Based, luring the non CV player into trying CV.........

So why it gone wrong????

1. 3 CV in a single game......

DD is still screwed and even more than before....

2. AA mechanic is still crap......

Where is manual aim for AA?

2.5 short range AA is very stupidly strong

Even if you Dodge the flak, the AA aura is still crap on the Dive Bomber

3. CV got too low damage and literaly no DoTs as promised.....

My rocket never turn into fire.......

ITS pissing everyone, both CV player and the surface sheep player

186 posts
1,474 battles
1 hour ago, chicony56 said:

Take CVs out off the game and make the game fun again . the two types don`t mix

and you will not be able to get them to . admit it

Battleship era surface combat-> BB vs CA/CL vs DD

Aircraft Carrier era Nav-Air combat --> CV vs  CL/DD vs Sub. BB/CA were used for shore bombardment

221 posts
12,015 battles

They never ever admit it that they can't make it balance.
To make matter worse they don't want to throw away these wasted manpower on projects that won't ever work or just break the game some more.
You can see the first sample of this trend in premium IJN BBs, they  don't want to "throw away" their time and effort on the stock model of those ships they just find a way to put them in.
They never wanted to "let go" of these potential harm towards the game projects so they just push it in and say "We're going to gather more data and change accordingly"
When they could get a better picture by simply playing in random battles for abour 2-3 matches instead of looking at numbers of the 3rd party sites that the community used for statshaming.

If you take a closer look at this so called "Change" you'll realise nothing really changes, this is exactly what its like 2 years ago during beta.
A time where all surface units grouped up in fear trying to maximize their protection against airattack just like small fishes forming a school, and Planes are the sharks.
Its not just a DD that is screwed it is every surface units with bad AA heck I even notice the so called "AA Ship" struggle to fend off for itself and swarmed by planes.
The so called "Less disparity between noobs and pros" again nothing changes, right now everyone is just starting from zero learning their ropes only time will give the whole picture.
This "Rework" Changes Nothing

The game progress even more passively boring for surface units.

172 posts
1,115 battles
4 hours ago, chicony56 said:

Take CVs out off the game and make the game fun again . the two types don`t mix

and you will not be able to get them to . admit it

YES! Can we go back to the time where we encountered CVs once in every 5-7 matches? 

140 posts
5,593 battles

if I was CEO of wargaming I would setup two versions of the game

the present form

and one with no CVs no radar

pre WW2 if you like

and run them on ultimate days rotating every 24 hrs and we can choose which to play

try for 1 - 2 months and do the analysis

it would bring back the disgruntled lefters and their sales may increase

as I see it now sales will fall

Edited by chicony56

261 posts
8,484 battles

I think the more plausible solution is to made limitation to number of " over the horizon " detection ship per team , made it 2 max for Radar, and 1 CV and this is for 12 vs 12 .. if the game is 10 vs 10 then the number of total of these should be reduced by 1 and if it drop down to 8 vs 8 or less then the quantity should further drop to 1 max. People were bitching about number of DD but DD use LOS detection and enemy got DD too and whenever DD go out to spot and scout they put themselves into the lane of fire and danger. Radar and Aerial spotting however ruin the mechanism by introducing this OVER the Horizon detection where the ship stay safe and hidden , and of course Radar's ability to penetrate landmass and disregard ship size is in itself already a fault ( so by LOS different ship had different detection range, ditto for plane spotting from air, why not Radar )

I am not hopeful though .. and pat of that is not really WG, its the players, the game play now had evolve to the point where so many BB and CA , and even most CL are all just sitting and hiding most of the time , way out , way wide flank and / or way back ... with all the detection mechanism actually the only way to deal with it is to force as a group and to force forth as a group means taking risk, taking damage and this is what most guns do not care for .. they want the light force to go vanguard and take the damage , take the heat when they safely fire and farm from long range whic is one very key reason why light force and big guns garner this mutual hate. CV just made it even worse cause now everyone perma spotted so no reason anymore to tell light force to go out front and light force will not go suicide either .. that actually force the guns to made a choice . they can sit back and lost the game or they can force forth as a tight group but that's exactly what mos and many guns would not want to do .. they care for farming damage, they care for the numbers but they do not care to pay the price for it .. so many of them ... good guns players know otherwise but unfortunately good gun players these days are far and few in between and they are let down by the other guns players

Just as MikuChrome had put it; it now force everyone to form up in a tight group sitting practically next to each other cause that's the only way to even start to be ale to do some real AA .. know what ................ I play DD and I think its actually a fun time to play DD, yes its agonizing, its painful to deal with the planes but its fun to read all the guns suffering too ... when ever any of them tell me to go cap I tell them .. come with me with all your AA guns and guess how they respond ... I ave games now that for the whole duration I sail around line 3 cause that's where the team decide they want to stay and one of them can complain

Edited by Mechfori

17 posts
1,878 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

In some places in southeast asia, we call this Kiasu Syndrome. In other places, we call it Afraid of Losing Face Because You Are Wrong.

Regardless, it means people are not man/woman enough to own up to their mistakes. 

FELLOW SINGAPOREAN\MALAYSIAN SPOTTED, and you're 100% correct 🤣

It's the same when you try and get teamwork or give instructions in Asian servers. Taking orders from a stranger is "losing face", they might even do the opposite just because.

186 posts
1,474 battles
52 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

Just as MikuChrome had put it; it now force everyone to form up in a tight group sitting practically next to each other cause that's the only way to even start to be ale to do some real AA ..

How about a group of non-CVs AA vs a wave of planes from all CVs? Saturation defense vs attack

Edited by tsuenwan

261 posts
8,484 battles
3 minutes ago, tsuenwan said:

How about a group of non-CVs AA vs a wave of planes from all CVs? Saturation defense vs attack

Actually been in that too , 12 vs 12 , 3 CV a side , let say result is again inconsistent at best ... both side

186 posts
1,474 battles
1 minute ago, Mechfori said:

Actually been in that too , 12 vs 12 , 3 CV a side , let say result is again inconsistent at best ... both side

Stay in formation with the slowest BB,  and don't need worry about speed, rudder time, concealment, caps, LoS, Hydro and Radar.  really great for WG too, so they can remove all this from the game too.

381 posts
15,360 battles
2 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

Stay in formation with the slowest BB,  and don't need worry about speed, rudder time, concealment, caps, LoS, Hydro and Radar.  really great for WG too, so they can remove all this from the game too.

Even better, remove all resembleance of movement and just put guns on a piece of concrete. Now no need to worry about anything except to shoot. Oh wait, there's already a game like that: It's called Forts.

[HMASW]
1,683 posts
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Even better, remove all resembleance of movement and just put guns on a piece of concrete. Now no need to worry about anything except to shoot. Oh wait, there's already a game like that: It's called Forts.

They actually made a concrete ship & put turrets on it in real life.... 

381 posts
15,360 battles
3 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

They actually made a concrete ship & put turrets on it in real life.... 

Yes, the one outside Manila iirc.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[LNA]
1,735 posts
10,986 battles

The only reason i find that dd cant move up well is because rocket planes are ridiculously fast and can block any capping attempt without fearing AA.

673 posts
5,383 battles

It looks like I will be playing PTS for a while, collect all the rewards and come back when the flak bubbles aren't so destructive and the constant AA aura can actually do their job.

Time for me to get a job and buy other games :Smile_trollface: 

Wait, that's actually sad... :Smile_unsure:

Edited by Paladinum

381 posts
15,360 battles
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, SGVanguard said:

FELLOW SINGAPOREAN\MALAYSIAN SPOTTED, and you're 100% correct 🤣

It's the same when you try and get teamwork or give instructions in Asian servers. Taking orders from a stranger is "losing face", they might even do the opposite just because.

Also, the servers are full of Mr. Kiasu's relative: Mr. Kiasee.

249 posts
12,790 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, chicony56 said:

if I was CEO of wargaming I would setup two versions of the game

the present form

and one with no CVs no radar

pre WW2 if you like

and run them on ultimate days rotating every 24 hrs and we can choose which to play

try for 1 - 2 months and do the analysis

it would bring back the disgruntled lefters and their sales may increase

as I see it now sales will fall

No Company shareholders would agree to two versions of game. There's a reason why paid lootboxes are still sold.

Anyways since CV fighter is invincible to flak when turning plus short cooldown on plane switches made the plane dakka similar to woster dpm. 2 cv is bad in high tier, imagine 4 CVs in midtier.

[LANCR]
32 posts
4,133 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

YES! Can we go back to the time where we encountered CVs once in every 5-7 matches? 

The trouble is everyone got used to having no CV's in a game. (one CV could keep all the DD's perm spotted in the old system so no real change there)

Now we have 2 in most games with one squadron each. Wait til the CV's craze is over, then we can really assess the patch.

Rockets on fighters is the big change for DD's, well time to change tactics, the games changed so must we.

Edited by Wombat56