Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wrango

0.8.0 wtf

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

10
[HMAS_]
Member
24 posts
13,650 battles

Is WOWS kidding here, wtf is this game, it certainly isn't world of warships is it? I busy today and never got onto the game until 3.00pm and what I witnessed was not the game I've grown to love and be addicted to. I have religiously been on WOWS everyday since my registration and I have endured a number silly buffs and merfs that well were not to my liking but it didn't turn me off the game. I was still able to use the skills that I had acquired along the way to better my play style and enjoy the challenges that the changes brought to the game however, this last and most recent patch, has me a distinct disadvantage. I have gone out into the CV flooded battle zones and literally been demoralized. I haven't even gone to my altered CV list and tried to play these ridiculous CVs/OP ships. I'm so disappointed with WOWS administration that I don't know where to start...

They have taken my regular CVs tier 5s and tier 7s and they think we wouldn't get upset because they compensated us with credits HA! it's 5.am in the morning now and I haven't been able to stay undetected in a single battle, DD or no DD. wtf is concealment? it hasn't even been considered and for every skilled player in the game, this is paramount to play style and being able to battle successfully. this game is not World of Warships, this is World of stuff ups and that's putting it politely. I will persist for a few days to see if I can do anything with this style of play, but for the first time since commencing this game, I'm seriously thinking of looking somewhere else. I don't know what they were hoping for, but I'm 1000% certain that when I say that this game isn't for me that every Captain worth his salt will be saying the same thing. I'm sorry Wargaming.net you have broken my spirit and my heart, this is not the game I became addicted to and I have invested so much time and money. I really don't understand how you can do this to our game and call it a change for the better. Who needs to be skilled at CV anymore, I'm not a skilled CV Captain, but I can assure you that those players out there a seething with rage at this change to their game. The skills that everyone one of us has honed are worth diddly squat. If the game stays this course, I don't think I'll be plotting along with it. I'm shattered and saddened at the sham that this game has become and this is coming from a die hard addict of the game. I maybe able to endure a week of this crap, but if I can't enjoy the game anymore... 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50
[NAU]
Member
167 posts
5,307 battles

I totally agree on this. Played for under a year and 3.5k battles with 28 Premium ships. Time and money and now every game has a CV if not 2 CVs and now from the start of every match your being spotted 80% of the entire game. As stated already concealment means nothing, its rubbish with Aircrafts detecting you and out of your AA range, its the beginning of the end. My wallet stays closed from now on. Instead of new maps and upgrading certain aspects of the game they change the entire dynamics for 90% of the player base worse off. Does not make sense. Remove CV or have a game mode with No CV, no other way. WG will lose a lot of paying players.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[TOX1C]
Member
24 posts
3,493 battles

This is what happens when they pander to 5% of the playerbase that play CV’s to the detriment of the other 95%. I played a handful of games wasn’t impressed at all. Logged out and haven’t bothered logging back in. Actually went out and bought a few other games to play when I probably would have spent that on warships.

I’ll wait the 6 months till they send me the offer to come back with a free or heavily discounted ship or something and there isn’t two sometimes three carriers in every game. Maybe by then things will be back to normal or I will probably have forgotten my love for the game by then and moved on to other things.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,849 posts
6,024 battles
20 minutes ago, Deacon_Frost said:

This is what happens when they pander to 5% of the playerbase that play CV’s to the detriment of the other 95%

Actually they want to pander to the 95% that don't play CVs to make them want to play CVs (that was the intention at least, the result is yet to be seen). Ended up alienating most of those who enjoy RTS CV gameplay. The AA flak turns me off, but I'm not giving up yet.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[TOX1C]
Member
24 posts
3,493 battles

Just create a new game call it world of carriers and just let them go wild on each other. I can imagine it now 12 v 12, the sky will be black with the sound of music or something along those lines I don’t know haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[TLS]
Member
1,342 posts
16,802 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Actually they want to pander to the 95% that don't play CVs to make them want to play CVs (that was the intention at least, the result is yet to be seen). Ended up alienating most of those who enjoy RTS CV gameplay.

Somewhere in the dank recesses of the forum lurks a comment made previous: Wants to appease everyone, yet alienates all instead.

The previous system was at a fairly decent equilibrium. IIRC, the primary complaint people had with CVs is if their team had a CV that did not match up to the skill of the opposing CV player.  There is a simple fix for this that. _MATCHMAKE FOR SKILL._

Oh wait: "MM is fine"

Image result for everything is fine meme

-dammit, I have used 1 years worth of sarcasm in 24hours This is damn expensive with the price of sarcasm on the free market going up 10x in the last day-

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[HMAS_]
Member
24 posts
13,650 battles
1 hour ago, Deacon_Frost said:

Just create a new game call it world of carriers and just let them go wild on each other. I can imagine it now 12 v 12, the sky will be black with the sound of music or something along those lines I don’t know haha.

this is not a crazy idea. In this current 0.8.0 patch, the game has been irreparably changed. When wargaming stated that they would rework the CVs they didn't really give it too much thought as to what this would do to other players in the battle/game. This  rework has not only given CVs the ability to win battles, it's given them the power to inhibit all other ships on the board. The tools and skills that make a player significant to the battle outcome, have been rendered useless and to rub salt in the wound, they have dubbed down our ship's ability to defend against both CV & other ship attacks. I could go on for a long time about the points that need to be addressed, but the game in its current state is doomed. The game is World of Warships not World of Aircraft Carriers. Take them out of the game completely and put them in a game of their own. I paid allot of good money for product that has now been taken away from me; all players should be given the option of selling out and being reimbursed for all the money they have spent on a product that has now been totally changed. Their is a legal clause in all purchases that you buy a product that can be used in a certain way and if that item does not do what it's intended purpose, compensation or even law suits are plausible. Imagine if all players joined in a class action law suit against the owner, I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard to find a group of lawyers to do battle against wargaming with the billions of dollars that would be up for grabs. Food for thought guys...

GET RID OF THESE REDICULOUS CVs AND BANISH THEM TO A GAME OF THEIR OWN. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO MOVE FORWARD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,849 posts
6,024 battles
54 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The previous system was at a fairly decent equilibrium.

There were a lot of things they could have done to make the RTS CVs easier. Reducing the amount of planes per squadron, reducing the number of squadrons (for IJN CVs), reducing damage of aircraft weapons, putting a limit on how often you can Alt-attack, or removing Alt-attack as a feature completely, etc.

Nope. WoWS Legend is coming out.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
477 posts
1,474 battles

WWII CV group air combat took place at range between 100~200 miles .   Battleship group surface engagement started at about 20~25 miles.

Fitting CV into a BB size action theater will not be fun at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[S_X_S]
Member
71 posts
9,011 battles

The rework has taken away from carriers not buffed them , you can only use one set of planes at a time , how stupid is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[TLS]
Member
1,342 posts
16,802 battles
32 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

There were a lot of things they could have done to make the RTS CVs easier.

Yes. Instead they screwed everything without proper testing. In the end, you are going to have a small select elites causing the same problems but much worse than before. 

What is so difficult about levelling the playing field, unless there are clearly people with vested issues against an equal playing field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
249
[ULAG]
Member
899 posts
8,291 battles

Well, the best thing I can tell you right now is just wait a bit and see what the meta evolves into. Right now the CV gameplay will only attract people with a lot of patience and will drive away those who were used to the "high alpha" and multitasking capabilities. The only CV main in my own clan is already complaining about the change and he doesn't seem to be continuing playing CVs anymore. On the other hand, me, a non-cv player, am really enjoying the current CV gameplay(it sure needs a hell of a lot of adjustments). Only thing that bugs me right now is more than 1 CV per side. This needs to get fixed asap, they need to cap CV count to 1 per side as it was before the rework. 

Also, a lot of people(like me) are playing CV simply to gring "free" free xp :Smile-_tongue: after that 55 day Inventory thing is over, I expect a huge decline in numbers and "hopefully", the game will get back to its "actual" state:cap_tea:

Edited by _TAMAL_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[SMOKE]
Member
651 posts
10,034 battles
2 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

... This needs to get fixed asap, they need to cap CV count to 1 per side as it was before the rework. 

 

And this need to couple wit limitation to number of Radar , both are OVER the Horizon detection mechanism that allow the initiating ship immunity , that is not fair agains sip that do the duty and had to go LOS , CL and DD .. I can understand the need but the game should balance that , we have limitation of 4 DD per team we should have limitation of max 3 per team of total CV+Radar for 12 vs 12, this should be 2 in game of 10 vs 10, and further reduce to 1 if 8 vs 8 or less. I made this suggestion on another tread too and this need to couple with fixing some of the plane and AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[TOGN]
[TOGN]
Alpha Tester
57 posts
8,756 battles

Lol.... atleast you guys are able to get into the game and  have a chance to have fun. Since the new patch i cant even get into the game constantly stuck in the load in screen, if i reset the game and then rejoin it gets ,me into the game but i have no control, in fact when i up steam ,my camera just stayed where it is and i watched my ship sail off. Now here is the capper for it all, because the game says i aint ingame i get a warning for it and turned pink, I tried one more time same result, too scared to logged back on cause i will probably find i have been banned for their f u c k up!

Also here is a nice little blood boiler, I have 2 accounts, 1 on the NA and 1 on the ASIA(My Main), and guess what i dont have any problems on the NA server.

So firstly fix your ASIA Server cause it is bog, and secondly roll back the patch (Cause 8.0 is absolute BOG!!!) 

Having read pretty much all the posts so far on anything regarding this new update all i can say is your about to lose your player base....you better act quick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
249
[ULAG]
Member
899 posts
8,291 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

And this need to couple wit limitation to number of Radar , both are OVER the Horizon detection mechanism that allow the initiating ship immunity , that is not fair agains sip that do the duty and had to go LOS , CL and DD .. I can understand the need but the game should balance that , we have limitation of 4 DD per team we should have limitation of max 3 per team of total CV+Radar for 12 vs 12, this should be 2 in game of 10 vs 10, and further reduce to 1 if 8 vs 8 or less. I made this suggestion on another tread too and this need to couple with fixing some of the plane and AA

I'm really surprised that WG is actually buffing radar while saying it a "nerf"... both range and duration are getting buffed in return for teammates not being able to directly see them initially. In reality, that downtime is almost equal to the reaction time of teammates anyway(i.e. turning guns, changing ammo etc).. Seems like WG wants to stop players from playing DD as a whole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[-NI-]
Beta Tester
177 posts
4,042 battles
6 minutes ago, Shelts916 said:

Lol.... atleast you guys are able to get into the game and  have a chance to have fun.

fun? wargaming wouldnt know what fun was 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[HMAS_]
Member
24 posts
13,650 battles

I haven't been on forum for a while, but I don't think our sentiment has changed. After all the hot-fixes, nerfs and buffs, the game is still left wanting. Since the rework, I'm a little more knowledgeable about the reason behind this. After reading a few gaming magazines, it seems the Wargaming wanted to grab a greater market share of the gaming industry. they have branched into Play station and Xbox machines and somehow the CV as it was, wouldn't have been very operable with the Play Station and Xbox console. The arcade style of CV fits perfectly with these machines and lets not forget about the young Chinese boys that want to feel powerful. Their doting parents sprinkle money on them like confetti. YES it's all about the money. All ways will be, but I've got a feeling it back fired this time. As I've stated in previous posts, I'm not going to renew my premium account and since the patch, I haven't purchased any ships. I've even reduced the amount of flags I purchase and that took a bit of control. I still get very frustrated and terribly angry about the CV influence on the game. No matter what they do or how theyd put it, the only thing that will give this game back it's allure, is to bring the original CV style of play back and buff the CV. I realise that it was to make more money, but over the next financial year, wargaming is going to realise also, that they have made a terrible mistake, both game wise and financially. The CV style of play is boring. I wasn't a great CV player, but U thought the rework was dreadful. I can't imagine what the highly skilled players thought of this patch/CV rework. It would have been demoralising for them. They were a breed on their own. Highly skill CV players would be ashamed to play this arcade style of play. If your hand control and eye co-ordination is OK, then you are a skilled CV player in this format, hell a 6 year old kid can play CV in this format, wtf.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
477 posts
1,474 battles

Is there CV on WOWS Legend? or WOWS blitz?

If expanding horizon is their goal, WG should have made another new game for CV, instead of squeeze it into a surface action oriented old design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[HMAS_]
Member
24 posts
13,650 battles
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, lRON_LION said:

The rework has taken away from carriers not buffed them , you can only use one set of planes at a time , how stupid is that?

yes I believe that is correct. If you were a skilled CV player before, you must be absolutely horrified at this crap. It's arcade style of play allows a 6yrs  old kid play CV, how demoralising for skilled CV players every where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[S_X_S]
Member
71 posts
9,011 battles
On 5/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, Wrango said:

yes I believe that is correct. If you were a skilled CV player before, you must be absolutely horrified at this crap. It's arcade style of play allows a 6yrs  old kid play CV, how demoralising for skilled CV players every where.

Funny thing is i sold all my CVs because i cant play the new way haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[HMAS_]
Member
24 posts
13,650 battles

A few months down the track from 0.8.0 and WG have not done anything significant to rectify the CV situation, in fact it's got worse. Sure they have given us lip service and have even promised time delay tactics with a few minor "NERFS" and "BUFFS", but still the CV invasion keeps moving forward and much to the disappointment of player majority. When I first started this game back in 2016, I was so amazed at WG priorities with regard to player satisfaction and enjoyment, especially in todays extremely competitive gaming industry. In the beginning I think they truly believed that those player concepts were paramount to the success of their Company however, success may have blinded the CEO and/or the board of Directors, because they have really lost their way on this one.

Looking at it from their point of view, I'm sure the decision was made for the betterment of the Company and most likely influenced by financial reasons/circumstances. I'm assuming that deals for licensing contracts, future earnings and greater market share were among those reasons, but the players reasons mus'nt have stack up.

Looking at it from a player's point of view,  their decision for update 0.8.0 changed my life. I don't assume to speak for all players, but I believe the majority of players feel the way I do and those feelings started out as confusion, bewilderment and disbelief. Over the next few months they morphed into bitterness, resentment and finally anger.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not a CV hater, but I do hate what the CV rework has done to the game. I used to enjoy playing and engaging a CV prior to 0.8.0 and I believe that a CV in battle, provides more depth to the game, but the CV as it stands today is without equal. There's not one surface ship in the Wargaming arsenal that has an answer to CV attack and even if players were given more advance AA to defend against CV attack, unlimited planes phase out all hope of a balanced battle. I won't be drawn into the argument of CV or no CV, but I do believe that the CV situation has to be addressed over the next few months. Since 0.8.0 I've noticed that a lot of loyal players have not logged on for some time and these new CV players are immature. You no longer have to acquire a certain skill set to play CV, just determination and hand eye co-ordination. It's on record that I've previously stated that a 6yr old kid could play this arcade style of play for CV and probably are lol.

Common WG, get your finger out...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,401
[REPOI]
Member
5,061 posts
20,503 battles
On 5/17/2019 at 3:35 PM, Wrango said:

A few months down the track from 0.8.0 and WG have not done anything significant to rectify the CV situation, in fact it's got worse. Sure they have given us lip service and have even promised time delay tactics with a few minor "NERFS" and "BUFFS", but still the CV invasion keeps moving forward and much to the disappointment of player majority. When I first started this game back in 2016, I was so amazed at WG priorities with regard to player satisfaction and enjoyment, especially in todays extremely competitive gaming industry. In the beginning I think they truly believed that those player concepts were paramount to the success of their Company however, success may have blinded the CEO and/or the board of Directors, because they have really lost their way on this one.

Looking at it from their point of view, I'm sure the decision was made for the betterment of the Company and most likely influenced by financial reasons/circumstances. I'm assuming that deals for licensing contracts, future earnings and greater market share were among those reasons, but the players reasons mus'nt have stack up.

Looking at it from a player's point of view,  their decision for update 0.8.0 changed my life. I don't assume to speak for all players, but I believe the majority of players feel the way I do and those feelings started out as confusion, bewilderment and disbelief. Over the next few months they morphed into bitterness, resentment and finally anger.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not a CV hater, but I do hate what the CV rework has done to the game. I used to enjoy playing and engaging a CV prior to 0.8.0 and I believe that a CV in battle, provides more depth to the game, but the CV as it stands today is without equal. There's not one surface ship in the Wargaming arsenal that has an answer to CV attack and even if players were given more advance AA to defend against CV attack, unlimited planes phase out all hope of a balanced battle. I won't be drawn into the argument of CV or no CV, but I do believe that the CV situation has to be addressed over the next few months. Since 0.8.0 I've noticed that a lot of loyal players have not logged on for some time and these new CV players are immature. You no longer have to acquire a certain skill set to play CV, just determination and hand eye co-ordination. It's on record that I've previously stated that a 6yr old kid could play this arcade style of play for CV and probably are lol.

Common WG, get your finger out...

 

you do realize that WG is not a public company, and the reason that they changed the CVs from RTS to this... thing right now is because of how overpowered they were right

 

i've said this many times before and i'll say it again, this change was better for the health of the game instead of letting the RTS CVs grow more and more prevalent, it's like your body, if you get a [content removed] , you do a operation to remove it. it will be painful, it will be a pain in the ass to adjust to, but in the long run the player base will thank the devs for doing it. 

you said that interactions with CVs was better then before this patch? i would agree from the perspective of a single surface ship who just had a run in with a CV, shot down a few planes and maybe dodge a stike, i would feel good as well. but then you take a look at the effects of the RTS CVs had on the team as a whole and the underlying issues starts to appear

 

in this patch, the damage players are doing across the board in CVs is about the same as in the RTS era, but what has changed from that time?

  • CVs are far more accessible to the player base, before the change a good RTS CV could shut down a ok CV player with ease, all the while maintaining his strikes , so not only do their team get about 1.5 BB's worth of firepower and 2-3x spotting of a DD, your team gets none. so a single player could change the outcome of the game. the skill difference was so massive between the high-low ends of the skill spectrum the average win rate of the server was 5-7% below 50%, imagine a select few players being so dominant that they literally sucked 5-7% WR out of the entire class of ships as a while

 

  • CVs cannot multitasks across the map and exert anywhere near the amount of spotting or area denial/control as before. DD players complain about being spotted all the time now? back in the old days if  CV wanted to spot you, he can do it as long as he wants with his FTs with almost no consequence to his own strike he can out macro the enemy CV, now CVs MUST pick between keeping a DD spotted (which considering the speed the overshoot people and the amount of flack they will run into unless a DD goes alone is 80% of the time not worth it) or dealing damage, and that CV player must keep a good balance or  the enemy CV is going to help his team out damage and snowball you to a loss. so instead of being a command role like RTS, new BBs have just become surgical strikers, hitting whatever needs to be hit the most. 

 

  • the potential and consistency  for damage when playing a CV has also decreased dramatically, in the past RTS CVs had a limited number of planes, yes. but unless they were forced to stike at a blob or were -2 under tiered, they could effective keep a full strike force intact throughout the  whole games, even if they had to sacrifice 2-3 squads of each planes to force a strike on a critical target or to suicide spot. with the current CVs you cannot afford to do that anymore, no amount of skill while dodging flack or choosing to drop a target will make up for the long plane regeneration times if you get squad wiped, because unless you play only to farm and give 0 shits about the team you will be forced into situations where you need to suicide a squad for whatever reason.

 

The biggest misconception that people have with current CVs isnt that it's OP (which in some cases i would agree)

It's that they think that old CVs were better

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
477 posts
1,474 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

The biggest misconception that people have with current CVs isnt that it's OP (which in some cases i would agree)

It's that they think that old CVs were better

Consider  CV player population increase . The increase did affected of overall air power in the game. Although individual CV power may be lower compare with the old.

Early black powder firearms were inferior than bows&arrow. yet they were adapted rather quickly due to the training required to operate is far shorter than archers. and much quicker to turn out armies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
249
[ULAG]
Member
899 posts
8,291 battles
1 minute ago, tsuenwan said:

Consider  CV player population increase . The increase did affected of overall air power in the game. Although individual CV power may be lower compare with the old.

This same argument is true for DDs as well. If DDs were easier to play, you would have the same effect. Keep in mind that DDs are far more influential than CVs and a drastic increase in population means nightmare for other classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×