Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wrango

0.8.0 wtf

17 comments in this topic

[HMAS_]
20 posts
11,470 battles

Is WOWS kidding here, wtf is this game, it certainly isn't world of warships is it? I busy today and never got onto the game until 3.00pm and what I witnessed was not the game I've grown to love and be addicted to. I have religiously been on WOWS everyday since my registration and I have endured a number silly buffs and merfs that well were not to my liking but it didn't turn me off the game. I was still able to use the skills that I had acquired along the way to better my play style and enjoy the challenges that the changes brought to the game however, this last and most recent patch, has me a distinct disadvantage. I have gone out into the CV flooded battle zones and literally been demoralized. I haven't even gone to my altered CV list and tried to play these ridiculous CVs/OP ships. I'm so disappointed with WOWS administration that I don't know where to start...

They have taken my regular CVs tier 5s and tier 7s and they think we wouldn't get upset because they compensated us with credits HA! it's 5.am in the morning now and I haven't been able to stay undetected in a single battle, DD or no DD. wtf is concealment? it hasn't even been considered and for every skilled player in the game, this is paramount to play style and being able to battle successfully. this game is not World of Warships, this is World of stuff ups and that's putting it politely. I will persist for a few days to see if I can do anything with this style of play, but for the first time since commencing this game, I'm seriously thinking of looking somewhere else. I don't know what they were hoping for, but I'm 1000% certain that when I say that this game isn't for me that every Captain worth his salt will be saying the same thing. I'm sorry Wargaming.net you have broken my spirit and my heart, this is not the game I became addicted to and I have invested so much time and money. I really don't understand how you can do this to our game and call it a change for the better. Who needs to be skilled at CV anymore, I'm not a skilled CV Captain, but I can assure you that those players out there a seething with rage at this change to their game. The skills that everyone one of us has honed are worth diddly squat. If the game stays this course, I don't think I'll be plotting along with it. I'm shattered and saddened at the sham that this game has become and this is coming from a die hard addict of the game. I maybe able to endure a week of this crap, but if I can't enjoy the game anymore... 

30 posts
3,687 battles

I totally agree on this. Played for under a year and 3.5k battles with 28 Premium ships. Time and money and now every game has a CV if not 2 CVs and now from the start of every match your being spotted 80% of the entire game. As stated already concealment means nothing, its rubbish with Aircrafts detecting you and out of your AA range, its the beginning of the end. My wallet stays closed from now on. Instead of new maps and upgrading certain aspects of the game they change the entire dynamics for 90% of the player base worse off. Does not make sense. Remove CV or have a game mode with No CV, no other way. WG will lose a lot of paying players.

23 posts
3,010 battles

This is what happens when they pander to 5% of the playerbase that play CV’s to the detriment of the other 95%. I played a handful of games wasn’t impressed at all. Logged out and haven’t bothered logging back in. Actually went out and bought a few other games to play when I probably would have spent that on warships.

I’ll wait the 6 months till they send me the offer to come back with a free or heavily discounted ship or something and there isn’t two sometimes three carriers in every game. Maybe by then things will be back to normal or I will probably have forgotten my love for the game by then and moved on to other things.

689 posts
5,409 battles
20 minutes ago, Deacon_Frost said:

This is what happens when they pander to 5% of the playerbase that play CV’s to the detriment of the other 95%

Actually they want to pander to the 95% that don't play CVs to make them want to play CVs (that was the intention at least, the result is yet to be seen). Ended up alienating most of those who enjoy RTS CV gameplay. The AA flak turns me off, but I'm not giving up yet.

Edited by Paladinum

23 posts
3,010 battles

Just create a new game call it world of carriers and just let them go wild on each other. I can imagine it now 12 v 12, the sky will be black with the sound of music or something along those lines I don’t know haha.

410 posts
15,380 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Actually they want to pander to the 95% that don't play CVs to make them want to play CVs (that was the intention at least, the result is yet to be seen). Ended up alienating most of those who enjoy RTS CV gameplay.

Somewhere in the dank recesses of the forum lurks a comment made previous: Wants to appease everyone, yet alienates all instead.

The previous system was at a fairly decent equilibrium. IIRC, the primary complaint people had with CVs is if their team had a CV that did not match up to the skill of the opposing CV player.  There is a simple fix for this that. _MATCHMAKE FOR SKILL._

Oh wait: "MM is fine"

Image result for everything is fine meme

-dammit, I have used 1 years worth of sarcasm in 24hours This is damn expensive with the price of sarcasm on the free market going up 10x in the last day-

[HMAS_]
20 posts
11,470 battles
1 hour ago, Deacon_Frost said:

Just create a new game call it world of carriers and just let them go wild on each other. I can imagine it now 12 v 12, the sky will be black with the sound of music or something along those lines I don’t know haha.

this is not a crazy idea. In this current 0.8.0 patch, the game has been irreparably changed. When wargaming stated that they would rework the CVs they didn't really give it too much thought as to what this would do to other players in the battle/game. This  rework has not only given CVs the ability to win battles, it's given them the power to inhibit all other ships on the board. The tools and skills that make a player significant to the battle outcome, have been rendered useless and to rub salt in the wound, they have dubbed down our ship's ability to defend against both CV & other ship attacks. I could go on for a long time about the points that need to be addressed, but the game in its current state is doomed. The game is World of Warships not World of Aircraft Carriers. Take them out of the game completely and put them in a game of their own. I paid allot of good money for product that has now been taken away from me; all players should be given the option of selling out and being reimbursed for all the money they have spent on a product that has now been totally changed. Their is a legal clause in all purchases that you buy a product that can be used in a certain way and if that item does not do what it's intended purpose, compensation or even law suits are plausible. Imagine if all players joined in a class action law suit against the owner, I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard to find a group of lawyers to do battle against wargaming with the billions of dollars that would be up for grabs. Food for thought guys...

GET RID OF THESE REDICULOUS CVs AND BANISH THEM TO A GAME OF THEIR OWN. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO MOVE FORWARD.

689 posts
5,409 battles
54 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The previous system was at a fairly decent equilibrium.

There were a lot of things they could have done to make the RTS CVs easier. Reducing the amount of planes per squadron, reducing the number of squadrons (for IJN CVs), reducing damage of aircraft weapons, putting a limit on how often you can Alt-attack, or removing Alt-attack as a feature completely, etc.

Nope. WoWS Legend is coming out.

Edited by Paladinum

198 posts
1,474 battles

WWII CV group air combat took place at range between 100~200 miles .   Battleship group surface engagement started at about 20~25 miles.

Fitting CV into a BB size action theater will not be fun at all.

[AUSRP]
[AUSRP]
58 posts
7,596 battles

The rework has taken away from carriers not buffed them , you can only use one set of planes at a time , how stupid is that?

410 posts
15,380 battles
32 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

There were a lot of things they could have done to make the RTS CVs easier.

Yes. Instead they screwed everything without proper testing. In the end, you are going to have a small select elites causing the same problems but much worse than before. 

What is so difficult about levelling the playing field, unless there are clearly people with vested issues against an equal playing field.

580 posts
7,156 battles

Well, the best thing I can tell you right now is just wait a bit and see what the meta evolves into. Right now the CV gameplay will only attract people with a lot of patience and will drive away those who were used to the "high alpha" and multitasking capabilities. The only CV main in my own clan is already complaining about the change and he doesn't seem to be continuing playing CVs anymore. On the other hand, me, a non-cv player, am really enjoying the current CV gameplay(it sure needs a hell of a lot of adjustments). Only thing that bugs me right now is more than 1 CV per side. This needs to get fixed asap, they need to cap CV count to 1 per side as it was before the rework. 

Also, a lot of people(like me) are playing CV simply to gring "free" free xp :Smile-_tongue: after that 55 day Inventory thing is over, I expect a huge decline in numbers and "hopefully", the game will get back to its "actual" state:cap_tea:

Edited by _TAMAL_

273 posts
8,531 battles
2 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

... This needs to get fixed asap, they need to cap CV count to 1 per side as it was before the rework. 

And this need to couple wit limitation to number of Radar , both are OVER the Horizon detection mechanism that allow the initiating ship immunity , that is not fair agains sip that do the duty and had to go LOS , CL and DD .. I can understand the need but the game should balance that , we have limitation of 4 DD per team we should have limitation of max 3 per team of total CV+Radar for 12 vs 12, this should be 2 in game of 10 vs 10, and further reduce to 1 if 8 vs 8 or less. I made this suggestion on another tread too and this need to couple with fixing some of the plane and AA

[TOGN]
Alpha Tester
57 posts
8,750 battles

Lol.... atleast you guys are able to get into the game and  have a chance to have fun. Since the new patch i cant even get into the game constantly stuck in the load in screen, if i reset the game and then rejoin it gets ,me into the game but i have no control, in fact when i up steam ,my camera just stayed where it is and i watched my ship sail off. Now here is the capper for it all, because the game says i aint ingame i get a warning for it and turned pink, I tried one more time same result, too scared to logged back on cause i will probably find i have been banned for their f u c k up!

Also here is a nice little blood boiler, I have 2 accounts, 1 on the NA and 1 on the ASIA(My Main), and guess what i dont have any problems on the NA server.

So firstly fix your ASIA Server cause it is bog, and secondly roll back the patch (Cause 8.0 is absolute BOG!!!) 

Having read pretty much all the posts so far on anything regarding this new update all i can say is your about to lose your player base....you better act quick!

580 posts
7,156 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

And this need to couple wit limitation to number of Radar , both are OVER the Horizon detection mechanism that allow the initiating ship immunity , that is not fair agains sip that do the duty and had to go LOS , CL and DD .. I can understand the need but the game should balance that , we have limitation of 4 DD per team we should have limitation of max 3 per team of total CV+Radar for 12 vs 12, this should be 2 in game of 10 vs 10, and further reduce to 1 if 8 vs 8 or less. I made this suggestion on another tread too and this need to couple with fixing some of the plane and AA

I'm really surprised that WG is actually buffing radar while saying it a "nerf"... both range and duration are getting buffed in return for teammates not being able to directly see them initially. In reality, that downtime is almost equal to the reaction time of teammates anyway(i.e. turning guns, changing ammo etc).. Seems like WG wants to stop players from playing DD as a whole

Sign in to follow this